Good Wife Season Finale Post Mortem: EP Robert King Confirms 'Alicia's With [Spoiler] Now'

Get More: Finales, Recaps

The Good Wife Season 5 Spoilers Will Alicia

In Sunday’s season finale of The Good Wife, Alicia finally made her decision: She’s joining fellow ship-jumper Cary to launch a new law firm!

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including ArrowThe Vampire DiariesNCIS, Glee and More!

But what about that other, arguably even bigger choice we were led to believe she was going to make — the one between husband (and newly-minted Governor) Peter and longtime crush Will? Although it seemed like the episode provided no clear-cut answer to that question, exec producer Robert King insists that when Alicia aligned herself with Cary she was essentially severing ties with Will.

“She’s leaving Lockhart/Gardner because she needs to create distance between herself and Will,” he explains. “She knows the kiss has opened a door and the only way to close it is to get away from him.”

RELATED | Julianna Margulies: Alicia/Kalinda ‘Reunion’ Is ‘Just Not Going to Happen’

Recalling the final minutes of the finale, King explains, “We think she’s [going to choose Will], but, in fact, she’s phoning Cary in order to do the opposite: to create distance between herself and Will.

“She needs to stop sexually obsessing [over] Will,” he adds, “because she’s with Peter now.” (Get Josh Charles’ take on the twisty ending here.)

But as Good Wife cocreator Michelle King noted in an interview with TVLine prior to Sunday’s finale, this doesn’t necessarily mark the end of the triangle. “We really hew closely to real-life, which is that people certainly have the intentions of finality in their decisions,” she said. “And sometimes they are final decisions and sometimes they end up not being the final decisions.”

Thoughts? Did you read Alicia’s decision to join Cary as a firm rejection of Will? Are you excited to watch Lockhart/Gardner and Florrick/Agos go head-to-head in Season 5? Overall thoughts on the finale? Hit the comments!

Comments (243)

• Boo!!!!

Comment by Annie – April 28, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. I’m so mad I can’t even see straight. She should’ve chosen Will.

Comment by Lauri – April 28, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess I had a different take on her choice. First I will say that the ending took me by surprise… not sure why it didn’t dawn on my until she opened the door that she had called Cary instead of Will. With her choosing to go with the new start up firm I thought it meant maybe she was choosing Will and she was thinking it would be better if they didn’t work at the same place since that seemed to cause problems the last time.

Comment by Kristoffer – April 28, 2013 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I thought exactly the same thing. Diane made it very clear when they had their previous fling, that they could not work together and “fling”. So Alicia’s decision to leave LG, leaves her free to be with Will.

I never once thought it meant that she was distancing herself from Will.

Comment by ellen8 – April 29, 2013 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They telegraphed that one from a mile away. You knew it had to be Cary. She’s not going to run to Will in the middle of the celebration, but she will take the big leap now that hubby is Governor. Nothing to lose now that she’s going to be Illinois’ First Lady.

Comment by Bob – April 29, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • My thought, too.

Comment by Dianne – June 28, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Will is a slimeball. I’m glad she finally chose to get away from him. If Alicia has any kind of attraction to Will, it’s only a fantasy and a pick me up. She never loved him.

Comment by takakupo – April 29, 2013 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yep. He’s a slimeball and a serial philanderer. Oh wait…I’m thinking of Peter, Alicia’s husband. We should probably be bemoaning the fact that Peter and Will are the only two choices.

Comment by Michaelangelo – April 29, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Haha…so much – THIS!

Comment by Nicole – April 29, 2013 06:06 AM PDT
          • love this comment. Usually if a triangle exists it means neither of them are really the right option for the person or they would know who they wanted to be with.

Comment by Laura – April 29, 2013 10:19 AM PDT
          • Alicia’s just got lousy taste in men.

Comment by marzydotes – April 29, 2013 04:24 PM PDT
          • OMG ! Totally the best comment I’ve seen. Alicia really does have terrible taste in men. Peter is like, the possessive husband who at the same time cheats and destroys and bankrupts Alicia, and then Will is like the overly confident, “all about sex” person. I seriously think Alicia needs to divorce Peter and get as far away from Will as possible. The Only two good men she has in her life is her partner Cary, (too bad A is wayyyyy older) and her brother Owen.

Comment by Genevieve – August 15, 2013 07:43 PM PDT
          • Seriously? Will is the slimeball? Will has been nothing but respectful and understanding towards Alicia. She is the one that basically strung him along! She knows he is in love with her.
            Peter is an absolute prick and we all know she only chose him because its easier. I hate when people take the easy way out and lets hope Alicia comes to her senses and leaves Peter. Whether its to be with Will or someone completely random i don’t mind.

Comment by robyn – September 30, 2013 07:46 AM PDT
        • While Will must have laid some good pipe because she has had sex with him on numerous occasions and a kiss opened the floodgates again. She is even fantasizing about him and trying to convince herself how much she loves Peter.

Comment by nanrad – April 30, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you for expressing the same thoughts that I was thinking about because I do not like Will I do not think that that part should of happened. I know that Peter had strayed but when she did it she condoned Peter but yet look at what she was doing. I am glad that Peter is govenor now and I am also glad that she chose to go with cary. Its funny my husband watches this with me and before she called cary my husband said that he hoped that she was going to go to cary because she was doing the right thing when she told her daughter that she was still in love with Peter. a couple of episodes back

Comment by Subrina – May 1, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hmm…because two kisses are different comparable to sleeping with MULTIPLE women including prostitutes. Yup.

Comment by nanrad – May 1, 2013 01:33 PM PDT
          • she has to put a great commitment with Peter and Peter must do the best for her

Comment by veronica – September 4, 2013 08:10 PM PDT
        • Will is a slimeball

Comment by Della – May 5, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You mean the same Will who tried to blackmail her husband? The fact that Peter chose Alicia over possible loss of governor position shows that he is a bigger man than Will, who’s really just a scoundrel.

Comment by trololo – April 29, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Did I miss something? When did Will blackmail Peter? Will actually did the honorable thing by going to Peter directly. If Will told Alicia about the ballot stuffing that would have potentially planted doubt in Alicia’s mind of how redeemed Peter actually was, even if Peter had nothing to do with the stuffing, thereby completely destroying whatever trust Peter and Alicia had rebuilt after the scandal. I saw Peter’s reaction as really lame. Someone in his own campaign committed fraud and he totally shirks responsibility. What’s up with that?!

There was actually something quite admirably in Will withholding the evidence that proved tampering. Not only does it not destroy Peter and Alicia, it also gives Diane the opportunity to become Peter’s nominee for State Supreme Court Judge. Will’s decision meant that he could lose the two women he cares about most. Alicia, romantically. Diane, professionally.

Comment by JP – April 29, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Will didn’t try to blackmail Peter. Peter showed his honesty and integrity by launching an investigation into corruption and fraud in his own campaign right? No, because a leopard doesn’t change his spots.

Comment by marzydotes – April 29, 2013 04:27 PM PDT
          • To be fair that scene was complicated. Will was giving Peter the choice to either lose the election or know Will would always have this over him. And Peter was simply putting the ball in Will’s court by letting him choose.
            Of course neither of them did the right thing.

Comment by canadian ninja – April 29, 2013 10:11 PM PDT
          • Will did nothing admirable by allowing Peter to win. It was to his advantage because in the car, Alicia told him that if Peter lost the election, he would be lost without her. Will wanted Alicia not feel sorry for Peter leading her to stay with him on that basis.

Comment by Jeannie – May 5, 2013 11:22 PM PDT
        • How is Will the scoundrel? Did he sleep with multiple prostitutes and publicly humiliate his wife? Nope, that was Peter. Peter’s action does not show that he is a bigger man, it shows that he is entitled. Rather than address the issue how ballot stuffing, he brought the issue back to Alicia and his possessiveness over her. Peter has always been intimidated by Will, which has been a consistent theme in the show. Let’s not forget Peter launched an investigation into Will because he was sleeping with Alicia and only backed off once Alicia got involved. Oh, and he did OTHER shady things, which is why the FBI is STILL investigating him.

Comment by nanrad – April 30, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was so annoyed when she kissed Will again. That made her a cheater. No different from what her husband did to her. No longer a good wife. I was very relieved that it was Cary at the door.

Comment by Susan – April 29, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AGREE 100%.I’m not doing to watch the show again of she’s with Peter

Comment by Keynesina711 – May 1, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Peter is the better choice…….

Comment by Della pique – May 5, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Eu fiquei confusa Sack não ser filho de Peter pois no episódio 18 acho a mãe de Alicia dizer que eles casaram quando ela esperar Grace, Sack tem 18 , Grace tem 14, então onde foi que eu perder o rumo , ou Sack ser filho de Will?. Na questão da empresa Diane manipula de acordo com seus interesses, eu acredito que Alicia deve ficar com Will, Peter ser facilmente manipulado, fara sempre tudo p/ estar no poder, e usa Alicia como moeda,,,,,,Eli foi a empresa de Will p/ manipular Alicia, sutilmente sempre controlando, não deixando ela esquecer ser Santa Alicia, ela ser uma mulher estupida, deixar as questões políticas de alguma forma ser o centro de sua vida, Will a ama mas falta nele atitude, up,,,sair da firma ser a melhor opção essa é a visão que eu tenho.

Comment by Terezinha Mengarda de Freitas – May 18, 2013 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh. Really, people? The main character made a life altering decision and you care more about who’s d*** she’s getting?

Comment by Dick Whitman – April 28, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That decision was partly (mostly?) made on the basis of whose d*** she’s getting/wants to get/thinks she should be getting. It’s a reasonable thing to care about.

Comment by Team David Lee – April 29, 2013 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am ADDICTED to Good Wife.
      But I cannot figure out who Alicia saw Peter talking to at victory party that made her walk right out almost dizzy with shock.
      Who was he shaking hands with whenshe stood there in disbelief? V
      Anybody please tell me… Driving me crazy today!!

Comment by Phyllis – April 29, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That wasn’t Peter she saw while she was waiting in that room, she saw Will shaking hands with somebody and i think thats why she made her chocie to leave the firm!

Comment by Evan – April 29, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually it was a Will “Lookalike”, and that’s what startled her, and smacked her upside the with the realization she still wanted Will, and thus the choice to join Carey (yea!!! cause I’ve always liked Carey and Alicia working together!) and not have the temptation of Will, or be with Will. “That’s the question!”

Comment by Dahlenk – April 29, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am glad she did not choose Will. He is a bit of a slime ball and I would not trust him as far as i could throw him.

Comment by Ray Lauenstein – April 29, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why is he slime? And why don’t you trust him?

Comment by nanrad – April 30, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What is this name calling doing to how we think about your reasoning power?

Comment by guest – May 18, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It annoys me when people call Will a slimeball (although I admit that’s what I originally thought of him), because they clearly seem to be forgetting the fact that he has confessed his love for her on multiple occasions and has been there for her, doing what’s best for her as much as he can. Peter, though he does SEEM to have grown a little, has also had his fair-share of his slime ball moments (it doesn’t stop at the prostitutes guys…). Both guys have their flaws and its unfair to call Will a slime ball without recognising Peter’s own faults.

Comment by b – September 17, 2013 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Will deserves better than Alicia. The fact that you think that will is the slimeball and not Peter is disgusting. Will would never do such a filthy thing as peter.

Comment by jim – September 30, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why else would she leave? She had a good position at the firm. I can’t imagine this sitting well with Alicia/Will fans. I’m not one myself, but I’m curious as to what this will do next season. I’m definitely looking forward to it.

Comment by Alex – April 28, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Diane as a judge, Alicia & Cary vs. Will & Kalinda, Peter and Will sharing a dirty secret, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… MASS HYSTERIA!!!

Comment by canadian ninja – April 29, 2013 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i hereby award you with the internet for quoting Peter Venkman

Comment by Polly – April 29, 2013 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This entire season demonstrated why she would leave: tricking the associates into believing they would be partners only until they no longer needed their up front money; the nasty partner dramas (may I never have to see David again!); dropping clients for bad reasons, etc. There were many reasons to leave, personal and professional. And what a brilliant choice!

Comment by mary – April 29, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is taken out of context. The associates really were going to be partners, until the others changed their minds, when you are in a private law firm, there will be issues, and dropped clients to protect the business. The only personal reason to leave was because of Will and, even then, whatever struggles Alicia had were self-imposed. Will gave her space and respected her.

Comment by nanrad – April 30, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Florrick!

Comment by nikki – April 28, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally thought it meant the opposite. I thought she was going with Cary to finally be with Will without the mess of the firm between them!

Comment by Nicole – April 28, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So did I, unfortunately. Part of being at Lockhart Gardner was the connection with Peter and Eli. If leaving is supposed to create distance and solve the problem with Will, I don’t think it’s going to work.

Comment by Adrienne Cook (@adrienne_cook) – April 28, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you, Nicole! That was my take, as well. Either way, her decision to go with Cary’s new firm is tied to her feelings for Will, which means that the triangle and tension will remain. Especially if she will be facing him in court from time to time. And, Lockhart/Gardner might be losing Lockhart to a judgeship and the firm will need a new partner. Will Will be wooing Alicia in more than one capacity?

Comment by Jeannel – April 28, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I didn’t think about that! I would love to see the dynamic of Florrick/Gardner lawfirm!

Comment by Lexi Weck – April 28, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, she did this so there was no conflict of interest at the firm. Now she can be with Will without Diane making faces at them. She needs to dump Peter now that he no longer needs her since she helped get him elected. He used her to his advantage so in my eyes he is all about Peter as usual. I hope Will and Alicia find there way back together after he gets over her leaving the firm for all the good reasons of being with him.

Comment by Donna Ferriola – April 28, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So I thought as well! Exactly what you said. Sorry, but this creator thing made no sense to me.

Comment by Nathi Sarmento (@NathiSarmento) – April 28, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same.

Comment by Dianne – May 8, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sooooo happy about Alicia and Cary!!! Can’t wait for next season!

Comment by Lyn – April 28, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! I love Cary and can’t wait to see more of him. Plus, I think the Alicia/Will thing is getting so old.

Comment by Amy – April 28, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE this show!!!! Can not wait until next season. Go team Florrick. I am also looking forward to more of Cary and Alicia. Just hope we won’t see less of Kalinda. Great job by the Kings!

Comment by Marisa – April 28, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. Cary is just terriific and Cary & Alicia make a formidable team. Alicia leaving L/G may be to get away from the temptation but it also makes it easier for her see Will next year now that she won’t be a co-worker. I am very happy about Florrick-Agos & Associates. What a great show…can’t wait for Season 5!

Comment by Dee – April 28, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like Alicia and Cary as well. And really, Alicia is a mother first and this was the best decision she could make to keep her family moving forward, in spite of her own feelings toward Will. I think this is very much in character with who Alicia is as a woman. Excellently done, PTB. :)

Comment by Kim R – April 29, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally knew that when she chose Cary, she chose Peter. And next season is shaping up to be awesome. Agos/Florrick & Associates is a dream come true.

Comment by Rob – April 28, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I was hoping she would go with Will, the minute Cary was at the door, I also knew that meant she had chosen Peter. She’s mentioned a few times this year that it was hard to be around Will when she was desiring him.

Comment by Elizabeth – April 28, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I for one am happy that Alicia chose Peter. Even if it only ends up being for a while. I am completely Team Florrick. As for the name of the new law firm, I think it’ll end up being Florrick and Agos (and I think Cary alluded to that a couple of episodes or so ago) because her name has more draw than his will. Her name alone will pull in new clientele, plus she’s got some heavy hitting clients of her own to take with her.

Comment by Dawn – April 28, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Can’t believe Florrick even has a team. The fact you can forgive a man for such disgusting things is beyond belief.

Comment by jim – September 30, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just had to say you got it just right. Florrick/Agos & Associates is a dream come true! Next year will be awesome!

Comment by Dee – April 28, 2013 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Good decision, Alicia!

Comment by SarahJ – April 28, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i see her leaving as a way to eliminate the professional issue between her and will… now that they no longer work together they can carry on a relationship

#teamwill

Comment by Olivia – April 28, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree totally… #Willicia forever Will e Alicia

Comment by Steph – March 6, 2014 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this decision could have the equal effect of putting enough professional distance between her and Will that there would be less of a conflict of interest in a potential affair. Either way, next season should bring a lot of interesting changes. I hope the quality holds up (and I expect it to).

Comment by Mercedes – April 28, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FANTASTIC!!!!!! I said “Go Alicia!” aloud at the end. Anyone who doesn’t watch this show is silly. It’s the best one on TV!

Comment by Sarah – April 28, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Easily the best show on television. Great acting and smart, creative writing.

Comment by Barb – April 29, 2013 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It really is fantastic! The writing, acting, everything is the absolute best. The best show on TV and the Kings just proved it with this brilliant and exciting ending to season 4. They aren’t allowing anything to go stale. They have just infused this already great show with new energy and style. Bravo to everyone at The Good Wife.

Comment by Dee – April 29, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah I thought it meant the opposite too. She’s may not “be” with Will now or “soon.”, but it will free her to potentially be with Will since she no longer works with him. I wonder what Kalinda will do now…

Comment by ha – April 28, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is just her way of getting away or else she was going to leave Peter. Those feelings are not gone and I don’t see an end in sight for their relationship at all. And you know they will never completely go away with Will, no matter how mad he may get at her after all this. Also, completely pumped for Florrick/Agos.

Comment by Anna – April 28, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disapointing.

Comment by Lucy – April 28, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO!!!! I didn’t get that at all. She helped make sure that Peter won in Court so he won’t need her. She is leaving Lockhart Gardner because yes, she needs to distance herself from Willbecause if they are really ever going to be together she cannot work there.

Comment by Jsalt44 – April 28, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, that was disappointing. Stockholm syndrome much?

Comment by Rabb – April 28, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I don’t think Stockholm Syndrome means what you think it means…

Comment by Eli – April 28, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She thinks if she puts space btw them she will be able to be the good wife. This move just proves how deep her feelings are for Will. The triangle continues. I hope Peter goes off the rails and starts sleeping with prostitutes again. Now that would be fun!!!

Comment by liz – April 28, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!!! Yes! I think the beginning of the season will focus on all the changes to L/G and setting up the new firm. But at some point they will all settle in, and Will and Alicia will meet in court….and sparks will fly!!

Comment by RMA – April 29, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Distance makes the heart grow fonder.” That is all.

Comment by yep – April 28, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I speculated earlier the triangle would drag on into season 5, so no shocker there. Though I am surprised Alicia is taking the plunge and joining Cary, but that’s tinged with disappointment. Now that Cary and Kalinda are on the outs (as well as Alicia and Kalinda), I fear the super sleuth will be side-lined next season. Especially when you consider how vehemently J. Margulies disapproves of Kalinda/Alicia interactions. I guess making it Diane/Will/Kalinda vs. Alicia/Cary/Robyn(?) is a good way to make sure the two ladies stay as far apart as possible. If that’s how it will be, then there’s no reason for me to keep watching. Sad the Kings are going this direction.

Comment by Saint Alicia – April 28, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why does Margulies disapprove? I’m sorry, that kinda threw me off. Do they not like each other or something? I for one liked their scenes together.

Comment by Alex – April 28, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • George Clooney said it best ..Julianna is a tough cookie to handle. Never understood why he said it. *-*

Comment by tahina – April 28, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She recently said it would be unbelievable to go back to being friends after learning Kalinda slept with Peter.

Comment by rflairfan – April 28, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree (as do most); their scenes are wonderful. However, If you read JM’s recent Huffington Post interview (conveniently recapped here on TVLine http://tvline.com/2013/04/24/the-good-wife-season-5-spoilers-alicia-kalinda/), she lists all her problems with the Kalinda/Alicia friendship.
        Though that didn’t seem to be an issue in the past when the Kings/writers were lauding the duo and appeared to be actively healing them (through season 3, even up until the middle of season 4 when they had their hotel room conversation). But something’s changed for worse and now it’s headed the other direction.

Comment by Saint Alicia – April 28, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ughhhh. I saw her joining Cary’s firm and I definitely wanted her to. However, I wanted that so that she and Will wouldn’t get any crap from Diane about conflicts of interest and whatever. I wanted Alicia to pick Will and I still do. I don’t get the decision to choose Peter. Maybe if I was married and my husband had cheated on me with 18 prostitutes and other women and I had a family with him, etc., I’d understand her decision to stay with him. Right now, I’m still pretty confused.

Comment by rachelle – April 28, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. I don’t get why a woman who is supposed to be that strong and intelligent would even consider going back to a guy who publicly humiliated her by sleeping with a bunch of prostitutes, then she found out that he’d slept with her best friend as well. Aside from her dignity, she should think about the STDs he’s probably transmitting.

Comment by Carrie – April 28, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think with 4 years of The Good Wife under your belt, you’d actually be intelligent enough yourself to figure out that Alicia still loved Peter, has children with him, and it was her own desires that her back to the man who humiliated her in the first place; not the other way around. It’s very unbecoming to judge someone as unintelligent just because you don’t agree with their decisions. Especially when they have laid out good reasons all along.

Comment by takakupo – April 29, 2013 01:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh really? If she loves Peter so much, how come she keeps thinking about Will all the time, in bed and dreaming that he’s there, not one dream about Peter when they are apart either. Also Juianna believes Alicia should be alone by herself for a bit, away from both and then make a decision but she likes Will better than Peter, Julianna always says every interview, he is a cheater and she shouldn’t be with Peter but it’s a character not Julianna. She has also said that they need to have her choose Will to see once and for all what they have and then choose.

Comment by Tina B. – April 29, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Okay maybe I’d believe that if she murmured her husband’s name while playing tonsil hockey with Will in the car. It was being “caught” by Diane which reminded her of her promise not to dally with Will while being in the firm.

Comment by marzydotes – April 29, 2013 04:32 PM PDT
        • It is very unintelligent of YOU to post a comment that is actually factually incorrect. Where has it been proven in the series that she still loves Peter??? They occasionally have sex, but don’t even live together. Alicia did not show any real interest in reconnecting with her husband and the times she did seemed to be fueled by keeping her family intact. That doesn’t scream love to me, but rather, familiarity. It seems that you weren’t intelligent to figure out for yourself that Alicia denies herself happiness apart from her kids and represses feelings she does not want to feel. Which is why she keeps thinking about Will, has returned his kisses twice and left his firm to prevent herself from keep thinking about him. But, wait, she is oh so in love with Peter.

Alicia having children is irrelevant as to if she is actually still in love with him out or not. Her desire to have a familiar life is what led her back to Peter–not love or lust. Clearly, she desires Will, but she refuses to be with him because of her kids and she feels obligated to stay with Peter. It’s very unbecoming to judge someone when you have no idea what you are talking about, especially those reasons you laid out weren’t great or even good. BTW, the poster did not call Alicia unintelligent, but stated that someone who is intelligent would make better decisions.

Comment by nanrad – May 1, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree, I am married and I get attacked for my views on cheating cause they are different than other women. My thoughts on cheating have always been that if my husband cheated on me with ONE woman, a one night stand, I would probably try to forgive him and not let go of everything we built together. However, and my husband knows this if it’s multiple women or a PLANNED affair and you lie to me, out the door you go and no forgiveness, no second chances no nothing. Peter sucked champagne off a hooker’s toes for crying out loud and his hooker kept telling intimate details and humiliating Alicia. If I were Alicia, and I got humiliated like that, I would never let him near me again. What about the endless STD’s she could have? She needs to choose herself, not her kids and not Peter and she loves Will.

Comment by Tina B. – April 29, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m married and I’m confused by it too.

Comment by sid – May 1, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wild decisions tonight. Great for Alicia..and you go Jackie! :D

Comment by tahina – April 28, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this is true, and there is not some serious regret on Alicia’s part and ASAP… I won’t be watching TGW much longer. Don’t get me wrong. Julianna Margulies is PHENOMENAL. without the dynamic between her and Will, though, it just seems like a one-woman show. And no matter how good an actor she is, watching one person muddle through life and law.. is not entertainment.

Comment by Katie – April 28, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS. I watch the show for the dynamics between Will and Alicia, not smarmy Peter who’s in every 8 episodes.

Comment by Kate – April 28, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watch for Cary! He is the best and he and Alicia are a super team.

Comment by Nicole – April 28, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • C’mon, Katie, do you really think they’re not gonna interact just because they’re not working together? They’re obviously gonna go against each other several times.

Comment by Dick Whitman – April 28, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Meh.

I don’t want to waste my time watching The Good Wife five years in a row just to see the same thing OVER and over again (I.e. Will and Alicia fawning over each other). I for one am happy it’s over and happy it stays over.

Comment by takakupo – April 29, 2013 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, she didn’t choose either, were you watching? She went away from Peter and to Cary not Will. It’s not over, in fact this move doesn’t make Will Alicia’s boss anymore and also they will be going against each other in court a lot. Peter will probably be sleeping with hookers again anyways now that he is done using the wife for what she was “good” for.

Comment by Tina B. – April 29, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So basically, the key to figuring out what is going to happen on TGW is to go with the exact opposite of what I think is going to happen.
    I wanted her to go with Cary. I didn’t think she would – she did.
    I wanted her to leave Peter. I thought she would – she didn’t.
    And, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I wanted her to go with Will. I thought she would – she didn’t.

Comment by Leah – April 28, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a question about the votes – I know it didn’t matter in the end result, but did Peter know that Jim Moody stuffed the ballot box? (I see Peter as once a cheater always a cheater).

Comment by K – April 28, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think he knew, but it didn’t surprise him, either. It’s Chicago – both sides are doing it, and one got caught.

Comment by Nicole – April 28, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If she’s choosing Peter I think I’m done now. This character is so repressed the show isn’t even fun to watch anymore.

And the Kings have said repeatedly this is the end of the love triangle for once and for all. Nice that they’re flip flopping on that move.

Comment by Kate – April 28, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True. Wasn’t this decision final? Why the vague comments from Michelle King?

Comment by Rabb – April 28, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • EXACTLY! We need answers! Who did she choose? Is this permanent, what about the talk? Will said talk, not Cary, that was especially mean and cruel, they are using us for ratings and I don’t appreciate it.

Comment by Tina B. – April 29, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I COMPLETELY agree. He is completely repressed!

Comment by TGW – April 28, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! Thank you, I am so mad at the Kings right now, As a team Will and Willicia fan, I feel so used. They led us to believe there would be a choice and they said it would be permanent. Now I feel like they won’t make a choice so they don’t lose their ratings. As a Willicia fan, I want this bogus non-”choice” she made to mean Will for her but as a Will fan first, he is going to see this as a betrayal and it’s going to hurt him a lot, and I am not interested in watching Peter the great and Will in more torture and pain, Josh plays being in love with Alicia well and the pain on his face is evident but I am so sick of seeing him in pain, he was happy for 2 minutes and when it ended, Alicia didn’t give him anything other than she wanted to be a good mother, that thing with Grace? wtf? I’m done right along with you, prepared to cancel recording this series.

Comment by Tina B. – April 29, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO DISAPPOINTING. Even if the triangle continues, and Alicia does eventually end up back with Will, I think the viewers (especially Will/Alicia fans) deserve so much more than we were given in the finale. I feel so led on. Not a good move by the Kings, no matter how great and creatively they will utilize this. Not fair to the viewers.

Comment by girlonfire – April 28, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so psyched that Alicia decided to go with Cary, I don’t care what the implication is for her relationships with Peter or Will, though I am decidedly team Florrick.

Comment by Nicole – April 28, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I saw it more as severing professional ties with Will so, should she decide to be with him, the professional/personal boundary won’t be so blurred. I hope she leaves Peter, in any case. I also think Will may be hurt that Alicia is leaving the firm (especially since she may take clients with her), both because they won’t be working together anymore & because with Diane’s potential nomination to the bench, clients going with Alicia will hurt Lockhart Gardner financially. Either way, next season should be great!

Comment by Leah – April 28, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the opposite. Eli made it quite clear that Peter would really need Alicia if he lost but he didn’t. At the victory party, she should have been ecstatic over his win but she was completely focused on something else– joining forces with Cary. I’m not sure that she still knows exactly what she wants re: Peter or Will but this certainly sets up some interesting drama for next season. Remember the quandary Diane is in over having to denounce Will in order to obtain the judgeship? No matter what, the wheels have been set in motion for a potential return to previous Good Wife awesomeness.

Comment by AHM – April 28, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this means more Matt Czuchry then I’m all for it. Plus, is Diane’s judgeship on or off the table? What would it do to the firm to have her confirmed as a judge? Would it become Gardner, Lee and associates? Is Julius still at the firm? I miss him and David Lee’s interactions.

Comment by jabberinjess – April 28, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Matt Czuchry is amazing. Cary Agos is the best part of TGW for me.

Comment by Nicole – April 28, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So her “final” decision may not be final? Copout.

Comment by dude – April 28, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can imagine that Alicia/Will fans are frustrated, but I thought Alicia’s decision was realistic and showed the character’s maturity. Even if she ends up leaving Peter, it really can’t be for Will. There’s something icky in that. I appreciate that Alicia feels incredibly attracted to Will but chooses Peter. After the struggle of years of marriage – with or without infidelity (which really isn’t a deathblow) – a spouse can never compete with a crush if the decision is based on pure physical attraction. Alicia is choosing something bigger than that, which again, I think is true to her character. If she chooses Will, the story becomes a bit melodramatic, and The Good Wife is above that.

Comment by Nicole – April 28, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, you put this into words I couldn’t. As hard as it is, I just don’t feel like it would be true to Alicia’s character to leave her husband like that. I do think she will end up with Will eventually, but I don’t think people should stop watching the show now because they aren’t together. Maybe I see it differently because I’m not a Alicia/Will fan, but I can see that there will be so much to explore next season. The new firm, whether Diane will leave, how Alicia’s decision affects everyone, Kalinda and Cary. I’m curious and I’ll definitely be back.

Comment by Alex – April 28, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good luck to them with the ratings cos they are going to suck and go down!!

Wth?!?!?!!? I’m not going to wait 9 months for Alicia to be with douche Peter and not even in L/G and no scene with Will!!

I WANT MY WILLICIA TALK!!!!!!!! Flip off King’s!!!!! I’m done with the show, DONE.

Comment by Mandy – April 28, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good riddance. Will is a slimeball and I am happy the show has kicked him in the face once again.

Comment by takakupo – April 29, 2013 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please tell me you aren’t rooting for Peter because that just makes you a hypocrite. Also, Will isn’t a slimeball.

Comment by Toni – April 29, 2013 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia and Peter belong together. It’s just that simple.

Comment by nikki – April 28, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I seem to be alone, but I think who Alicia is “with” is actually a relatively minor part of what TGW is about. Alicia Florrick is fascinating. I don’t know if I would want to be friends with her, or avoid her at all cost. Her interactions with everyone are interesting, regardless of who she chose tonight. Her choice of firms is much more important, marriage and affairs aside.

Comment by Nicole – April 28, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are not alone, Nicole! I loved the finale and am tremendously excited for next season. If I have to pick a lame team, I’m Team Alicia. Her story is unique and extremely entertaining, however maddening or understandable her decisions are. Both Peter and Will have their strengths and weaknesses, they both love her and they both have equal claim to her heart. Peter’s only advantage is that they’re already married and have a family together. All these people who noisily object to a show’s recent events and scream about how they vow to not watch anymore because things didn’t go exactly the way they wanted, I wish they would get off the internet forever. Bunch of crybabies.

Comment by TigerNightmare – April 29, 2013 01:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Team Cary…talk about being led on by the Kings! They keep promising him more meatier stories and have yet to deliver. Hopefully that’ll change.

Comment by marzydotes – April 29, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good choice!

Comment by Sarah – April 28, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nobody seems to be mentioning that Peter is now governor of Illinois and Alicia is the First Lady! Can the governor’s wife really be a full-time lawyer?

Comment by Graymalkin56 (@Graymalkin56) – April 28, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are still living separated, so yeah, I don’t think it’s as big an issue as you seem to imply.

Comment by Eli – April 29, 2013 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mrs. Glendening in Maryland practiced for the whole eight years her husband was Gov. in office.

Comment by Lisa – April 29, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mehhh.
    I mean, I’m glad Alicia is starting a new firm with Cary, they do make a great team, but Peter doesn’t deserve her. Ughhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment by isabella – April 28, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boo! What the hell is she doing with sleazy Peter?! She’s either really smart just using him for his name and position or really dumb sucked in by him.. It can’t be love?!!! Really disapointiing.. Almost can’t watch this show anymore.. The recaps will be enough for future… If I bother!

Comment by Newbie – April 29, 2013 02:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally Team Will……..Alicia thinks by putting physical distance between her and Will, she can close the door with Will. Good luck with that Alicia! I think the triangle has to continue to maintain the interst in the show. This season only got interesting after their kiss in anger!!

Comment by Michelle Cesario – April 28, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think we were seriously misled by the promo; in fact, they gave away all the good stuff in the promo, leading us to believe there’d be more resolution to the Alicia/Will/Peter triangle. I feel so cheated by this finale. And seriously, if she stays with boring Peter and there’s very little Alicia/Will interaction next season, I’m pretty sure I’m done (and it breaks my heart to say it). A law procedural without any human emotions and personal interactions is pretty boring, regardless of how wittily and smartly it’s written. Total cop out by the Kings. :smh

Comment by Kerry – April 28, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe I am not seeing it anywhere, but what about Lockhart Gardner now? Diane is gonna go off and sit on the state Supreme Court leaving Will all alone. Can the firm survive without Alicia and Diane?

Comment by Jackie – April 28, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the season finale was brilliantly executed! However, I don’t like the fact that Will and Alicia aren’t going to be together. I think that writers are teasing the fans too much—only to set us up for an even bigger disappointment. It’s apparent that these two love each other. If the show has Alicia leave Peter for Will, there will be a greater opportunity for new and dynamic writing material. They are trying to evolve Alicia as a new, independent character. I think by staying with Peter, she is not allowing herself that freedom—that true amount of happiness. I hope that the writers change their mind with Alicia and Will’s storyline. As aforementioned, this show is brilliantly written and executed! I love it. They always leave their fans excited for the next episode! I’m looking forward to the next season, but I hope Will and Alicia get together. :)

Comment by Lexi Weck – April 28, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought this was one of the best episodes of television that I have ever seen. Brilliantly executed.

Comment by Hamza – April 28, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great finale and I like the direction the show is taking with the new firm!

Comment by Terry – April 28, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The season finale was a fascinating ending marking the liberation of Alicia. It was the perfect bookend to the show’s beginning where she and Cary were competing for a spot at the firm, now they are joining forces. As the First Lady of Illinois, Alicia now benefits from a marriage which has caused her so much pain. Alicia left the firm which ensured her husband’s victory which I suspect will come into play down the road should the vote tampering be discovered, she maintains public perception of her moral integrity. By forming a new firm with Cary, she’s eliminated the inevitable interaction with Will and the personal and professional complications that arise from being partners. I don’t think she chose Peter or Will, she chose the ability to make her own choices. I suspect the decision to have Alicia switch firms had some logistical benefits from a production standpoint, reducing Christine Baranski’s workload without sacrificing a brilliantly written and performed character. The season finale was incredibly well conceived and written, the show is now in the enviable position of endless possibilities. Alicia is no longer the good wife, she is a smart independent force who needs no man, she will choose what and who works for her, I’m looking forward to the next season.

Comment by Lola Heart – April 28, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why would they need to reduce CB’s workload? does she have other obligations or is there some other reason of which i’m not aware either?

Comment by veronicalodge – April 29, 2013 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she chose to go to Carys firm to sever inner office ties with Lockhart Gardener but now she will be able to pursuit Will without jeopordizing her job and at last dump Peter. My opinion, and I think others will agree, once a cheater, always a cheater. Trust is destroyed and never regained. Peter is a scum bag case closed. Alicia knows she can’t and won’t fully trust him. Will on the other hand makes her fires burn!. Really awesome show and episode for sure.

Comment by Karen – April 28, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also feel cheated by this finale… much as she’s chosen Peter, Alicia doesn’t know that there WAS voter fraud by his campaign [as Peter himself knew and tacitly accepted] and he won unethically.

And sorry, but Cary and the new firm doesn’t interest me that much – the daily tension between Alicia and Will was far more entertaining…

Comment by lefty-righty – April 28, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m going to be the math nerd here. First off, Eli indicated that the polling was wrong and Florrick actually ended up winning by about half a million votes, so the 27-odd thousand phony votes shipped in would have made no difference one way or the other.

But – and this is the really nerdy point – they appeared to not announce Peter as the winner until 96% of the votes were counted. Since Florrick was shown to have just under 2 million votes at that point. So that half-million margin of victory would have been about 25% of his total. That doesn’t add up. If he really did lead by a half-million, he would have been projected the winner with at most 80% of the votes counted. After that is was nearly impossible mathematically for Crestiva to catch up.

Yeah, as I said, math nerd.

Comment by RockGolf – April 28, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mathyness is fine. But Peter is a cheater and unethical–whether the “cheat” was really needed or not. And his whole reaction just speaks to his moral bankruptcy.

Comment by Morisot – April 29, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I guess we now know why JM said the Alicia Kalinda friendship was over. If Kalinda is staying with Lockhart Gardner and Alicia is with Cary… Great season finale – loved the cameo by Dylan – hilarious….

Comment by sladewilson – April 28, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks to me like Alicia is getting away from Will and going with Peter. Diane may not get confirmed for the Supreme Court because of her lover. If Diane goes to the Supreme Court, and Alicia leaves Lockhart Gardner, it looks like the whole thing will be about the new firm with the Lockhart Gardner people only occasionally. I think Alicia is getting away from Will so she won’t be tempted anymore. I’m not sure what to think of it. I like Will better than Peter, but that story line is going to have to be settled if Peter is Governor. I think Peter is slimy even though the character seems to be doing what is right morally. Potential for scandals next season are the tainted election problems, if Alicia goes back to Peter the potential for someone to expose her relationship with Will, there may be something brewing with Jackie and her “companion”, and something else from Peter’s past might come up.

Comment by Charlene – April 28, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The writers have me believing Alicia loves Peter’s political prowess and won’t initiate leaving Peter for the children’s sake because of her own childhood unhappiness. Also I believe Alicia is authentically “in love with” Will and thusly intends to lessen Peter from wanting to use his governorship powers cleverly attacking Will and Will’s firm in the future. I believe Alicia has likely forgiven Peter now , cares genuinely for his welfare and their past good connections, but that she’ll never again truly trust him and feels his morals do not parallel hers in many important areas. She loves him in comfortable ways but she is not in love with him and no longer exists to live under his charm and charisma. She has become much more independent , skilled, and self aware of how she does not want to be living. Alicia has much unfinished authentic loving feelings for/with the Will and this relationship beyond the highly electric sensuality draw. Distance nor silence will not lessen the high frequency mental and emotional connection with/for Will and neither will his anger from her betrayal. Roles might reverse and she’ll need to become the psychological giver in the next stage of their relationship. This A/W relationship is an intregal core to the development progress of Alicia character and ties together the GW continuum.

Comment by guest – June 2, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrific finale. Great choice by Alicia and not a shock. Not only did she personally need distance from Will, you could tell since she became partner that there were things she didn’t like about the firm and Will. Looking forward to seeing fallout from Agos, Florrick leaving Lockhart, Gardner in the next season.

Comment by Rose – April 28, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m just happy that saint Alicia will FINALLY get to see how hard it is to run the firm and how much pressure Will was under, maybe she will get off of her cloud she lives on and appreciate Will more and realize that everything is not cut and dry especially when you are a defence lawyer, there are grey areas. I can’t stand Alicia liking Will but judging him for every “bad” decision he makes. Cary will do the same.

Comment by Tina B. – April 29, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I absolutely agree with you!
        just saw S.4 E10 again..
        Alicia is acting like a child, without taking any responsibilty for her decisions, well beside at court, but in her life? what the hell is she thinking? that having sex with her ex or still husband on the toilet, would convince herself that she’s doing right in ignoring her feelings for Will? …just ’cause her mother told her the truth – about her problem not beeing able of letting go what she was fighting for ..over years, her marriage. Oh yeah, I am so sorry… Alicia, go and cry in your pillow, while life and love could take place. or is taking place.
        after all what she has experienced and fought for what has surely changed her to a certain extend seems to be nothing, like non existing.. OMG this is just so weak. and the only person who is going to suffer under this weakness is her. And have fun at the morning you wake up and realize that you lost everything. primarily- yourself.
        I know it’s all about fiction, but I starting not liking the books and for sure the direction this series is heading to…

Comment by Helene – July 6, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hate when Alicia has sex with Peter… Disgusting! Even she leaves the firm Lockhart/Gardner, she MUST feel free to be with Will… And if she feels better still beeing married with Peter yet, Will should turn bigger the friendship with her kids… And the kids see trough all the problems that Will is perfect for her… He cares about her… Will helped her when Peter was in jail and when sue breaks Up with him was Only because she thought that she was been a terrible mom and not because her feellings… Sue should get pregnant from Will. And Will has some faults ok… But Alicia makes him became a better Man… Even so that Will desired to have a family… He would ASK her to marry him at the same moment she breaks up… So sad =[.

Comment by Steph – March 6, 2014 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the Kings right now. I am not pleased with the show tonight. Its just not as fun to watch without the will/alicia chemistry.

Comment by brianne – April 28, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post