Ratings: CBS' Boss, Vegas and Blue Bloods Up, Grimm and Happy Endings Down, Nikita Flat

Get More: News, Ratings

Ratings Vegas Nikita GrimmCBS’ Friday line-up was up across the board this week, enjoying the night’s only gains.

Undercover Boss‘ visit to my gym chain, Retro Fitness, opened the Eye’s night with 8.7 million total viewers and a 1.6 demo rating, up 17 percent and a tenth. (And no, I never met Jacqueline.) Vegas followed with 7.4 mil/1.0, adding a handful of viewers and two tenths. Blue Bloods batted clean-up with 10.4 mil/1.4, inching up a tenth and, as usual, drawing Friday’s largest audience.

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Endgames

Over on ABC, Happy Endings did 2.22 mil/0.5 and 1.8 mil/0.6, down 16 and 27 percent from the average of its previous double-pump. Shark Tank led out of that with 6.4 mil and Friday’s best demo rating, 1.9, while dipping 9 percent and two tenths.

NBC’s Fashion Star (2.9 mil/0.7) ticked down a tenth, while the just-renewed, about-to-move Grimm (4.9 mil/1.3) dipped two tenths.

RELATED | NBC Moves Grimm to Tuesdays Starting April 30

Over on The CW, still-on-the-bubble Nikita (1.2 mil/0.3) was flat.

Fox’s Touch (2.3 mil/0.6) placed fourth in its time slot, matching its latest numbers.

Comments (38)

• Gar. Happy Endings. I really hope USA Network picks it up for 2013-2014 season!

Comment by Josephine – April 27, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Mas Bagja.

Comment by subagja16 – April 27, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GRIMM is renewed for SEASON 3?………….NBC needs to bring it back to the friday time slot where it belongs. that’s stupid of them to move it on tuesdays since there’s only 4 episodes left. really like this show!

Comment by Ashley – April 27, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re just trying it out to see how it performs on Tuesday nights. The fact that they already renewed it means that Season 3 isn’t contingent on how well it does in this new slot, so if it doesn’t do well, it’s probably safe to assume that it will return to Fridays.

Comment by Will – April 27, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that the show should stay on Fridays too. I know that it’s renewal is not contingent on how it does on Tuesday, but I think networks should know that moving shows to different days/time slots does not help its audience. I thought Grimm was awesome on Friday since it finally gave me something to watch on Friday night.

Comment by Tamera – April 29, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like Grimm. I watch NCIS on Tuesdays, so i hope they move it back to Fridays. Hence I do not have to choose between the two.

Comment by Shannon2 – April 29, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can Vegas add viewers if they have lower ratings then the show before it?

Comment by Jenni – April 27, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They added viewers from its last Friday episode. Agreed, it’s not worded clearly.

Comment by Chicago Dan – April 27, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • thank you, that makes more sense.

Comment by Jenni – April 28, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings hit that low because their audience is internet savvy and the episodes were online last week from the canadian channel

Comment by Greg – April 27, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or you know it could just mean (and it probably does mean) that HE’s “fans” are non existent. It won’t matter when ABC cancels it nex month.

Comment by Rrrrrr – April 27, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t watch HE but this is just unnecessary snark. Nielsen families aren’t the be all and end all of TV viewers. Shows can have millions of fans among Americans who don’t have Nielsen boxes, not to mention the rest of the world, and still get low ratings. There are certainly plenty of fans who will be upset if HE gets cancelled, even if they can’t watch it live. Saying a show should be cancelled because its ratings suck is one thing, but saying it doesn’t have fans is simply dumb.

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – April 27, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Rrrrr…douchebaggery is alive and well in your neck of the woods. Being mean for the sake of being mean is pathetic.

Comment by Michaelangelo – April 28, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • CW canceled Veronica Mars and WB wouldn’t make a movie because of the show’s perceived lack of fanbase, and look what happened. The fans donated over 5 million. It goes to show that Nielsen ratings are obsolete these days. Live television is not how people view shows these days.

Comment by Mikael – April 29, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita :(

Comment by Elyse – April 27, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right? CW needs to renew this already! the ratings may seem bad but when you factor in that it’s a Friday show and is competing against NBA/NFL Draft coverage it’s actually doing quite well. And it’s 1 season away from possible Syndication (usually 80 eps) if given a full renewal (22 eps) ‘Nikita’ would be at 85 episodes.

Comment by Dan – April 27, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If Nikita gets a full season it’ll be at 89 episodes

Comment by Ram510 – April 27, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The woman in that picture looks like Natalie Zea hardcore. Maybe after a few trips to KFC, but still.

Comment by Sam – April 27, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its a shame that Nikita is getting so low, last nights episode was just bad-ass as always. I hate that people dont watch it and to top it off, stupid CW has not picked it up, if they don’t; I will be done with the CW and I hope all the shows they have left, bomb…

Comment by B – April 27, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously! Well flat is better than down, but still! Who isn’t watching this amazing show?!? It’s fantastic, best program on the CW & the only one I watch.

Comment by ndavika – April 27, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just because your show has not been renewed yet do hate on other shows. I hope your show gets renewed. I cannot get into it because I seen the one USA Network did Le Femme Nikita whch was awesoe, so I find myself comparing the 2. You should be upset with the network because the show was getting better ratings than TVD on thursdays so there was no reason for its move to Fridays. The CW has a bad habit of puttin gthe worse shows with the worse ratings etc on the prominent nights and the good shows on the crappy nights. Do not lose hope with its renewal. I feel it will get renewed just because if it is not the CW has to take a risk on 4 new shows and they have already stated they have lost money with other shows. If they are smart they will renew a shw that has already been established. I agree the neilson boxs families should not be the only things to rely on with shows/ratings. I also wish the CW would better pair things witht heir shows because most of their pairings are not great except spn and arrow.

Comment by Shannon – April 27, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of coarse Grimm is down. First you never know when its on, then they change the time slot. My DVR only updated that it was supposed to be on Friday to that night. Granted I already knew that due to watching the Voice saying they were showing last weeks episode but I wouldn’t of known otherwise since my program tv guide still said it was dateline last night. NBC is the worst television network next to FOX.

Comment by Rachel – April 27, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA. I’m having a hard time keeping up with where my shows are on the schedule anymore (Grimm, Vegas, Smash). No wonder ratings are down.

Comment by Mel – April 28, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if Nikita was on a different night or different network the ratings would be higher!!!

Comment by sarah – April 27, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree Nikita need to be renewed for a full season
    and are shows on monday and tuesday really doing so much better than Nikita.Hart of Dixie got a 0.4 on a tuesday but Nikita got a 0.3 on a friday when less people
    are home and having to deal with all those sports programs.

Nikita should be renewed yesterday what is CW waiting for

Comment by Michael – April 27, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • okay hart of Dixie is on Tuesdays going up against juggernauts like NCIS so I think they are doing okay for that night. I agree Nikita should be on different night and also have a better lead in show or be the lead in show to another good show. I think the show would do well on Mondays or Fridays if it was paired well like being paired with Beauty and the Beast or Hart of Dixie. I would watch Nikita over TVD diairies which I find quite boring. 92010 I am not sure why it keeps getting renewed as it is not nearly as good as the original.

Comment by Shannon – April 27, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So… there WAS a new episode of Grimm last night? I am thoroughly confused now.

Comment by Anna – April 27, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. TV Guide said there was, but when I turned to NBC at 9pm it was an old episode… Was there a new episode on at 10?

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – April 27, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah. They’ve been advertising it as airing on Tuesday, not Wednesday. I think that explains its low numbers.

Comment by GTS – April 27, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Volcanaius aired last night. It was new in some areas (like mine) due to Grimm being pre-empted a week ago due to the Boston suspect news.

Comment by kirads09 – April 27, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no…Happy Endings’ shot at renewal is abysmal at best. Please, USA. Help us correct this terrible injustice by giving it a new home!

Comment by Eric – April 27, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So bummed about Nikita. I know it’s very likely to get renewed even though The CW snubbed it in yesterday’s announcement, so getting a tenth more or less doesn’t really matter, but eh… I hate seeing these low numbers. Besides, the cast and crew work so hard to deliver such a top-notch show every week, it feels like they should be better rewarded for their efforts.

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – April 27, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope CBS renews the show, but if not, Quaid and Chiklis have given us a jewel of a mini-series. In this week’s Vegas episode, I saw my 1961, the 60′s I grew up with. I traveled Greyhound from Indiana to Detroit, often, due to being a child of divorce and visiting parents. When I was 16, a woman was upset at the seat available for her, getting on. She was so embarrassing, to me, not wanting to sit by a person of color, I offered her my seat, and switched. It was 1961, I was 16, and I could not see what the big deal was. This week’s episode captured the new thinking in the U.S. at that time. Vegas is a brilliant show, deserving of a pick up. However, with next week’s preview, the show appears to be tying up loose ends and mysteries. It seems they are putting together story lines and characterizations that would, normally, take years to develop. Perhaps, they were given a hint that the production costs were too much, for the show to continue.

Comment by prish – April 27, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finding Grimm was the problem in my area (SF Bay Area). The local NBC replaced it with a Giants’ baseball game (at least the second time in the past month!) and didn’t bother to tell people to look for it on a minor local station, instead.

Comment by arial2 – April 28, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings is dead. Sure, it may have the hottest cast on TV but enough of this trite and over the top attempt at humor. The writing here has no substance, at all. The only comedy tool they use is dumbing down the characters to the point of exasperation. Too bad, I was really hoping it would do better. And the political jokes are so out of place. They are not ironic or insightful, they are just misplaced. I stopped watching half way through the first episode and deleted it off my DVR. I’ve watched every single episode since the pilot, but I’m done.

Comment by Babygate – April 28, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s too bad that CBS won’t or can’t give Vegas another season. The characters have depth and are interesting, unlike a few other shows, like Happy Ending which is drinking watered down kool-aide. Vegas has (had, I guess) the perfect time slot right in front of Blue Bloods. Maybe it would’ve done better in the ratings if it had started out there. Back when Cheers finished its first season, the ratings were worse than that of Vegas. The days of a network taking a risk and listening to their gut or even the viewership is long passed.

Comment by Erbocker – May 11, 2013 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post