The CW Renews Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast, Orders The Originals to Series

InsatiableThe CW on Friday announced early renewals for its Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast. In addition, the network ordered The Vampire Diaries spin-off The Originals to series.

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames

The series join Arrow, The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural, which were previously renewed for the 2013-2014 season.

The fates of Nikita and The Carrie Diaries remain unknown; the network added that additional decisions would be made in the coming weeks.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated with today’s pickups.

Got thoughts and feelings about your CW favorites’ futures? Sound off in the comments!

1. scotlore says:

I am okay with the greenlight of the Originals series if it means Julie Plec leaves TVD altogether and goes with it. She’s just decimated TVD this season, IMO. Is there a chance in h*** that Williamson will come back full-time to steer the ship back on course even just for a bit until a new HW can come on board?

Also, I am hopeful Nikita comes back although I am ready for Amanda to crawl under a rock for awhile and I hope Alex is written out for a bit too. For me, Alex’s story line ended anyway more than season ago whereas Sean’s story line could have continued. Even though his mom, Madeline was dead I thought they could have explored his mom’s background and connections a bit more through him.

2. Meerna says:

YAY! The Originals! Thismakes me very happy :)

3. Abby says:

How about that, usually my loyalty to a struggling CW show ends in heartache (RIP Emily Owens and Everwood) Yay for Hart of Dixie! It’s nice that the CW can have one show that can keep things light.

4. Kandice says:

I’m sooooooo excited for The Originals!! Klaus is smokin’ and deserves his own show. The originals were kinda taking away from The Vampire Diaries main focus, which is ELENA and the SALVATORE BROTHERS. Don’t get me wrong, I adore the originals, so I’m glad I get to see them doing their own thing minus Haley.. She’s a sucky character and annoying!! I think it’ll be a success though.. I’m also looking foward to The Vampire Diaries refocusing on the love triangle, with Katherine as the villain. That’s just the way it should be.

5. Lisa says:

Beauty and the Beast is the best CW show right now, hands down!! But that’s my opinion and I know others may disagree. Can’t figure out why so many people spend their time talking about shows they do not like rather than promoting the ones they do. I’m a BATB fan, and proud of it, but to each their own….

6. LizMG says:

CW please renew Nikita for a full season 4.

In addition to 1M viewers in the US, there are many fans like me, that have to download and pay for every single episode becuase we no longer get the show in Mexico, why??? Anyway, we are not auditted by Nielsen, and can’t watch from your official site, and no matter how difficult, we watch every episode. Thanks!

7. Shannon says:

To all Nikita fans instead of putting down shows you don’t like or watch try promoting your show will positive comments or campaigning for the show in different ways. You are not doing your show any good by trashing other shows and their fans etc..In fact you are discouraging people from looking and watching the show.

8. angelstorm says:

Come on CW . . . Renew Nikita ! Make me happy !!

9. Kate snow says:

I absolutely HATE Lemon…. The show would be 100% better off without her…. She’s the most annoying human being EVER! I just want to punch her.

10. Aria says:

I am so glad that Beauty and the Beast is being renewed, I love the new shows that they had this year (BatB and Arrow), and I honestly would.have given up on the CW had they canceled any of them, they already canceled The Secret Circle.

11. chey says:

I love this show, please bring it back it’s my dying wish…the original,.the vampire diaries, and the secret circle. I read all the books I support and love them all. I honestly still check and hope that this show gets renewed please please bring it back.