NBC Renews 5 Series, Including Parenthood and Law & Order: SVU; What About Parks and Rec?

Parenthood Renewed NBC has jumped on the early pickup bandwagon, renewing five series for the 2013-2014 season including Parenthood, Revolution, Grimm, Chicago Fire and Law & Order: SVU.

All have been handed full 22-episode orders.

No word on the fate of bubble comedies Parks and Recreation and Community, but an NBC rep says “there will be more returning series announcements made in the next couple of weeks.”

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Endgames

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated with today’s pickups.

Thoughts? Psyched Parenthood scored not just a renewal but a full-season order? Nervous about the fate of NBC’s remaining bubble shows? Weigh in below!

1. Very excited for the 22 episode order of Parenthood! It is about time NBC realized what they had in that show.

2. Niki says:

SO happy for Parenthood!!!!

3. ddddddddddd says:

Despite Hannibal’s drop yesterday, I still hope that NBC will renew that show and give it a chance. Perhaps it should be moved to another night that’s not so competitive. I wonder if it’d do well after Grimm….

4. Cassie says:

Love Chicago Fire! Thanks NBC!

5. Leah says:

Yay for Parenthood! But, I will be really and truly upset if they don’t renew Parks. I absolutely love it.

6. Linderella says:

So glad about Parenthood and Chicago Fire. Still sadness looms about Smash…

7. Tania says:

Revolution needs another season to find the light switch? Yeah, I went there.

8. Zoe says:

I’m so happy that SVU has been renewed. My babies are safe another year! And glad to hear Chicago Fire made it too :D

9. Brandon says:

FINALLY! Parenthood gets a full season! YAYYY

10. Nicole says:

What about “Go On”? Such an underrated show!

• Nero theTVFiddler says:

Awaiting NBC’s announcement on comedies – that should come within a week or two. Today’s announcement was regarding their drama pick-ups. Go On is one of my favorites as well, and I think it has a 60-40 chance of renewal, which for NBC, is pretty good odds. I think it will land in the Thursday, 9:30 slot behind P&R this fall. NBC will have plenty of other comedies to dry-dock: Whitney, Guys w/Kids, New Normal, 1600 Penn, Up all Night. Community is in the same boat as Go On – probably 60-40 chance of renewal – it will be a close call either way for Community.

11. Rachel says:

So happy Parenthood got a full 22 episode season renewal!! It’s such a great show…Excited for Grimm as well!! As far as Revolution goes, I was pretty sure it was gonna get canceled…seriously, it’s just not that good…

12. Tammy says:

Yes for Parenthood and Grimm!

13. Fiona Moon Blossom says:

Despite how much it sucked this year, I am still hoping against hope for Smash to be renewed. The show has so much potential and if they would just get their act together it could be soooo good. I just am not ready to give up on it yet. I know it is just “unofficially cancelled” but still…

14. Jo says:

Parks and Rec better get a full order… not like that bull plop they pulled last year with 30 Rock…

15. sarah says:

So freaking excited for Parenthoood, and a 22 FULL season order. So great!
    I can not recall if Chicago Fire has been renewed, I hope so!

16. Jon says:

Great news for Chicago Fire and Grimm! and good to see that SVU can survive without Elliot Stabler.

17. Lisa says:

Yay what about Nikita CW ?

18. Barb says:

Too for Grimm – the only NBC show I watch.

Now, can ABC FINALLY announce the renewals. Everyone else seems to have already.

• alexjones says:

ABC seem to be getting a habit of waiting til the last minute to announce the renewals, that’s what they did last year and it looks like that’s what is going to happen this year.

19. tp93 says:

Chicago Fire is my favorite new show, so glad it was renewed (a no brainer.) I love SVU too, with CF it makes for a great Wednesday night. Glad to see it stick around.

I hope Parks and Rec is renewed!

20. sugarcube4u says:

Happy to hear Parenthood is coming back w 22eps. Congratulations to the Bravermans & fans!

21. Yay for SVU! I just love that show so much. So happy about a 15th season!! & I like Chicago fire too. Hope to see more of Parks & Rec, it’s darn funny.

22. Two words: CANCEL WHITNEY

23. Parenthood! Hallelujah!

24. JB says:

I’m so excited Parenthood is back and better yet for a full season. It’s one of the few shows I actually watch live instead of DVR.

25. jj says:

Revolution … YUCK!

26. Unkystan says:

Wow! I watch all these shows. Hope Parenthood is a full season. With last years ratings the network sure could have used it. Now lets see. Monday: Revolution. Tuesday: Parenthood. Wednesday: L&O and Chicago Fire. Thursday: Grimm. (Friday: Chicago Fire spinoff?). I can live with this!

27. Bobby says:

SO happy for Parenthood and Chicago Fire. Grimm as well since I enjoy it, but I just ridiculously love those first two and I’m so glad to see Parenthood finally get a full season. Also, thanks viewers for not giving up on Chicago Fire early on! My favorite new show since the pilot (yes, even though others didn’t like it I really did), and I can’t be happier that people gave it a shot and word of mouth started to spread. Such a great Friday!

28. wrstlgirl says:

CHICAGO FIRE!!!! Funny how the critics predicted this one as a flop. Just goes to show ya, watch and make up your own mind, don’t let the naysayers sway your opinion :-) :-) I know a lot of people opted out of watching CF because of that and now they are hooked.

29. Sincy says:

Do No Harm!

just kidding, Go On please.

30. kukumo says:

SVU!! woohoo!

31. Spencer says:

If Parks doesn’t get renewed I will probably die. And this is not an exaggeration.

32. Robin says:

Parenthood for a full season order!!! That has totally made my day, ok not just day week!!! WOOHOO!

• Robin says:

Also so happy about Chicago Fire (one of my favorite new shows of this season) !! Law & Order: SVU and Revolution (though I have a few weeks to catch up on this one)

33. Jackie says:

YAY! Ecstatic to see that Parenthood has been renewed. It’s a great quality series with good messages in every show. And cheers for the renewal of Chicago Fire as well!

34. KCC says:

YAY Grimm!! YAY Parenthood!!

35. Spikenalabama says:

So, so, so happy about Parenthood. Not just an early renewal but a FULL SEASON!!!

36. Jennifer says:

Holy Hottess!! Sebastain, Captain Renard and Barba all back for 22 episodes!!

37. Kaitie says:

FULL SEASON OF PARENTHOOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. Beth says:

So happy about Chicago Fire!!!! I never miss it and am hoping season two brings good things for Casey and Dawson. Shay and severide are my fave friend duo on the show. I looovvveee this show. :)

39. sa says:

Good news!! Love Parenthood, Revolution and Chicago Fire. This and HOD getting renewed makes for a great tv news day for me.

40. Sarah says:

Yay Parenthood!!! I’m so glad it’s finally getting another full season!

41. Pat says:

Geez….I love parks and rec! Don’t understand why that isn’t being picked up! Awesome cast!

42. Alisa Neely says:

SWEET…..i really like L&O:SVU and LOVE CHICAGO FIRE….i’m THRILLED they’ve been renewed…..and for the 2nd one to get a FULL 22 eppies….that is GREAT…..severide is MY reason for watching CF….yes.

alisa

43. Nero theTVFiddler says:

Okay – here’s my take on this NBC news. NBC announced just the drama renewals today, with announcement on comedies later – probably in the next week or so. That’s why no announcement regarding P&R. I’m sure Parks&Rec will be renewed, so we’ll have a happy ending to this saga. I think the only question now for P&R – full 22 or short order of 13? I really believe P&R is going to need to be one of NBC’s Thursday “anchor” shows (9pm) this fall, so I’m thinking it will get a full 22. We’ll see.
    The dramas that NBC has renewed today are their best, so I wasn’t too surprised at the list. The good news was Parenthood getting a full 22 – much deserved. Now, can Monica Potter please get an emmy nomination? [ Monica we love u! :) ]
    The bad news in today’s NBC announcement? Fans of Hannibal may not get their show back this fall. If NBC was going to renew it, today would have been a good day to do so. However, this doesn’t mean that NBC can’t/won’t renew Hannibal, but I think now it will depend almost entirely upon what NBC’s drama-pilot list looks like and how strong it is.
    I think NBC will need four to five drama pilots – [1] an open slot at 10pm Thursday or 10pm Monday, depending upon where NBC places Revolution. I think Revolution is ready to be moved to Thursday at 10pm, so I’d place a new series (Sixth Gun?) following Voice at 10pm Monday. [2] NBC may have another 10pm slot on Sunday (Hatfields/McCoys?) in January (post NFL season). Then, [3] one additional slot at 9pm Tuesday (Chicago Fire spinoff?), assuming NBC cuts back on their comedies. Then, [4] perhaps NBC will have one drama as a ‘spare’ for spring’14 (Rand Ravich/Gillian A pilot?) – total of four – five (I am Victor?) if NBC feels confident.
    So much of NBC’s fate now rests on ‘Voice’ – NBC *must* use this show to launch as many new series as possible as fast as possible to ‘re-load’ the network before Voice begins to slow down.

44. Teag says:

Now just hoping for Hannibal and Community to be renewed.

45. Lina says:

Yeah, Grimm & Revolution two if my favorites. Thank God

46. Melinda Granieri says:

Great news about Parenthood and glad there will be 22 episodes instead of the truncated season this year. Now my wish is that NBC will renew Smash. I know it’s a long shot but it’s one of my favorites.

• Mr. Zero TV says:

Well, one out of two isn’t bad… I don’t think SMASH can come back. The cast of SMASH are starting to move onto their next projects – Debra has a pilot in the works [Mother’s Day for CBS], Katharine is working on a new album, etc. SMASH had a good run; fans can enjoy the DVD package. Some shows start strong, shine bright, and flame out within a year. That will be SMASH’s legacy – it will have good company.

• Melinda Granieri says:

Just read in the NYT Arts section that Jeremy Jordan is making a movie. I guess all of the cast of Smash have really moved on. Looking forward to tonight’s episode.

47. Babybop says:

I’m going to cry if Parks and Rec gets cancelled. And that’s not an exaggeration. Ha ha.

48. Kelly says:

It hurts my heart that Parks & Rec is considered a bubble show! Also NBC please just renew it already. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!

49. Kristina says:

Yay, Grimm!

50. Jenny h says:

Chicago Fire? that’s a show… I don’t think I’ve even see a commercial or preview for it?????