Kristen Wiig Returning to Saturday Night Live as Host, Ben Affleck Set for Season Finale

Get More: News

Kristen wiig saturday night live hostKristen Wiig is heading back to Saturday Night Live — this time as host.

RELATED | Kristen Wiig Joins Arrested Development Season 4

Wiig, who left SNL one year ago, will preside over the May 11 show, with Vampire Weekend serving as musical guest.

Ben Affleck, meanwhile, will host the May 18 season finale, with Kanye West as musical guest.

Thoughts? Best news ever? Which of Wiig’s classic characters would you like to see her dust off?

Comments (22)

• that’s gonna be epic… at least i hope so.

Comment by Tania – April 26, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Becca – April 26, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penelope!!!

Comment by AB – April 26, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great!

I want to her to do Gillie, tiny hand lady, Target lady, and Penelope!

Comment by Nabil – April 26, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penelope and the Password girl.

Comment by dude – April 26, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ya know I am not ready for a Kristen Wiig return. I enjoyed Kristen, but by the end of her run on SNL she was really over used. She was in basically every single sketch. Once Amy Poheler and Tina Fey left Kristen really stepped up, but then it became too much. I would have loved maybe another year before she returned to host.

Comment by Stacie – April 26, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • kristen wiig AND vampire weekend? could it be anymore perfect!

Comment by S. from E. now – April 26, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SCREAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE KRISTEN, funniest cast member and characters in SNL history.

Comment by Jason – April 26, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Kristen Wiig, but think it is way too soon for a return.

Comment by Maddy – April 26, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SNL needs her to return. Show hasn’t been near as funny since her and Andy left.

Comment by JP – April 26, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this…I cannot wait for this and I am super excited.
    I love that this is happening so fast..I did not think it would happen. I know some people think it might be too soon and she’s over-used. But it’s not and she isn’t!

She’s a fantastic and talented actress and she’d done so many amazing things on SNL and I know she’s gonna rock that episode!!

btw, I want some oldies back…two a holes and hollywood dish

Comment by Line – April 26, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite SNL alums in recent history and one of my favorite bands gracing the stage on the same night. Whoa.

Comment by Eric – April 26, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’d be nice if the Target Lady and…can’t think of the characters name but the woman who always had to one up you. I remember her saying something about giving birth to her LMAO

Comment by Ed – April 26, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the warning. Unscheduling DVR now.

Comment by Jon – April 26, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! Used to FF through all of her skits anyway.

Comment by Deena – April 26, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GILLLY!!!!

Comment by Yve – April 26, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Lawrence Welk tiny handed singer. :) Cracks me up every time. And when Melissa McCarthy played a bucked tooth singer in the same sketch, it was just hilarious. :)

Comment by Kim R – April 26, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSS… she should have been the finale though.

Comment by Danielle H. – April 26, 2013 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Right way to soon for her to host I was just loving snl again they killed it by putting her in every sketch and we all know she only got famous after poehler and fey left

Comment by DOT – April 26, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’d like to see The Target Lady the most. she hasn’t been around for a while anyway. and maybe the Aunt character who reviews movies on Update. or Paula Deen – “booter and oial seyeth”

Comment by cjeffery7 – April 26, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gilly!

Comment by Molly – April 26, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds great, just PLEASE NO MORE Gillie or Password skits!

Comment by Brendan – April 29, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post