TVLine Items: Jimmy Fallon Lines Up Another NBC Gig, Ready for Love's New Home and More

Jimmy Fallon Lorne Michaels NBC PilotBefore Jimmy Fallon takes his seat on the Tonight Show, he’ll guest-star in an NBC comedy pilot from his old Saturday Night Live colleagues Lorne Michaels and John Mulaney.

Written by and starring Mulaney, the untitled prospective series is loosely based on the comedian and SNL writer’s life and follows a group of young people — including Not Ready for Primetime Player Nasim Pedrad — and their hijinks.

RELATED | TV Pilots for 2013-2014 Season

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Fallon will drop by the half hour as his hilarious self.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Beginning Tuesday, April 30, NBC will release new installments of its axed dating series Ready for Love on a weekly basis via NBC.com, VOD, iTunes, Amazon, Hulu and more.

RELATED | NBC Renews Shows — Parenthood, Revolution, Grimm and More!

• Comedy Central on Friday ordered second seasons of both The Jeselnik Offensive and Nathan for You.

• Kevin Durand (Lost) has joined FX’s vampire-virus pilot The Strain, per The Hollywood Reporter. The high-concept thriller — directed by Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labryrinth) and exec-produced by Carlton Cuse (Lost) — follows the head of a Centers for Disease Control team (played by House of Cards‘ Corey Stoll) who is tasked with investigating a mysterious viral outbreak with the hallmarks of an evil strain of vampirism. Durand will play a rat exterminator who joins the war against vampires.

• FX has put into development Bigfoot, an animated comedy executive-produced by big-screen star Seth Rogen (Knocked Up) and penned by American Dad‘s Matt McKenna. Based on Graham Roumieu’s Bigfoot “autobiography” graphic novels, the project revolves around the bipolar sasquatch trying to fit in in both the human and animal worlds.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (10)

• That last description reminds me of Harry & The Henderson. The most memorable episode for me was one with wrestler Hacksaw Jim Duggan because when I saw it dubbed in Spanish they changed the chant, “USA, USA” to “We Want Blood, We Want Blood”.

Comment by Michael Sacal – April 26, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is hilarious.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 26, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol @ ready for love. Eva Longoria was tweeting that it wasn’t canceled just moving to a new night. I guess NBC forgot to tell her.

Comment by Et. Al – April 26, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “…just moving to a new night….” – yeah – goodnight

Comment by cuius – April 26, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy to hear about The Jeselnik Offensive, but even more so about Nathan For You. That show is hilarious, and matches up perfectly with my sense of humor.

Comment by Eric – April 26, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mulaney is one of the funniest stand-up comedians out there; I’m really excited to see his sitcom. Now I sound like a paid advertisement, but I don’t think I’ve ever been excited about a pilot this early before.

Comment by JustMy2Cents – April 26, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second that! I listen to a lot of comedy podcasts, but they rarely make me buy a stand-up album. I listened to an interview with him and his storytelling was so brilliant it inspired me to check out his albums for my mp3 player,. They had me stopping and bending over with laughter on the street with joke after joke!

Comment by JBJ – April 28, 2013 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kevin Durand in The Strain! Excellent!

Comment by Teag – April 26, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That FX Bigfoot show is giving me flashbacks to that old failed show that was based on the Geico cavemen. Good god, that was a terrible show.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 26, 2013 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Comedy Central….what about renewing The Ben Show?

Comment by Joe – April 27, 2013 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post