Vampire Diaries Recap: The Original King

Vampire Diaries Season 4 Recap Hayley PregnantThe Vampire Diaries travelled to New Orleans this week to lay the groundwork for a potential spin-off — and dropped a Hayley-related bombshell on Klaus in the process.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including The Vampire Diaries, Castle, The Good Wife, Glee and More!

Turns out their one-night stand resulted in the impossible: A baby! While vampires can’t procreate, werewolves can — and through some freaky loophole, the Original has knocked up the wolf girl.

So how did the episode get to that revelation and what does it mean for Klaus?

Well, the hybrid first heads to the Big Easy to track down the witchy threat Katherine warned him about, but he runs into a few challenges. First, no one will give up the location of spellcaster Jane-Anne because they don’t want to break Marcel’s rules. The man in charge is Klaus’ former protege (played by the charismatic Charles Michael Davis having loads of fun), who now controls New Orleans and has a tight leash on everyone. He’s gotten the human locals to look the other way while vampires feast on tourists, and he’s even “got the witches here wrapped around my finger,” he tells Klaus. This comes as a big surprise to the Original since Marcel was basically a wimp when he left him behind. (Fittingly, when we first see Marcel, he’s singing “How Do You Like Me Now” like a boss.)

Marcel ends up witch-blocking his maker when he kills Jane-Anne in the middle of the street among a big crowd of vampires. (Everything really is out in the open here, which is just one of the things this potential spin-off has going for it.) Thankfully, Elijah, who can always be counted on for a fantastic kill, saves her sister Sophie (Daniella Pineda) from some of Marcel’s chumps with a swift heart removal. He then brings Klaus to the witch, who drops the big baby surprise on him and announces that if he doesn’t help her stop the out-of-control Marcel, she’ll off Hayley and his kid.

Vampire Diaries Season 4 Recap Hayley PregnantKlaus listens in on his child’s heartbeat before replying, “Kill her and the baby. What do I care?”

PHOTO | Vampire Diaries Season 4 Spoilers — Caroline and Klaus’ Heated Confrontation

Elijah, however, is not ready to give up on the hope that the very unplanned pregnancy might be just the thing to redeem his brother and bring their family together. “It’s a gift,” he says. “It’s our chance to start over.”

But Klaus is too hung up on the fact that the witches are trying to manipulate him. Elijah tries to convince him to move past that. If he kills them, then what? He just goes back to Mystic Falls and continues to be The Hated One? Is the power of fear the be all and end all?

Family is power,” Elijah pleads. “This is us, the Original family. We remain together always and forever.”

Klaus is having none of it until a fateful, antagonistic confrontation with Marcel. “I’m the king! Show me some respect!” the latter yells as the two argue. So what does Klaus do? He bites one of Marcel’s vamp buddies.

“I’ve broken one of your rules and yet, I cannot be killed,” declares Klaus. “I am immortal. Who has the power now, friend?”

Seeing the family and loyalty that his former siree has built for himself, Klaus decides that’s what he wants too. And with Hayley knocked up, he finally has the chance to make it happen. “Every king needs a heir,” he tells his brother.

So Klaus makes peace with Marcel and reveals that he plans to stick around. Meanwhile, Elijah says his goodbyes to Katherine. It’ll take some convincing to get Rebekah on board – she makes it clear that she has no intention of leaving Mystic Falls for the brother who’s made her life hell – but it looks like we’re poised for an Original family reunion next fall. There’s no way the CW isn’t going to pick up this ready-made, lived-in spin-off, right? Between the love-it-or-hate-it Hayley twist, a dynamic new character in Marcel, the vampires vs. witches war, and the drink-blood-and-party-all-day-and-night hedonistic vibe, The Originals has a lot of promise.

The episode was scarce on Mystic Falls happenings/characters, and, frankly, I didn’t even notice. But there is one thing I’d like to see: Caroline in New Orleans, which would open up the character in a fresh way. Klaus did call her to say he’s looking around at all the culture and “all I can think about is how much I want to show it to you. Maybe one day you’ll let me.” Until then, psych student/bartender/human Camille (Leah Pipes) will have to be The Originals‘ blonde, I guess.

Vampire Diaries fans, based off tonight’s preview, will you bite into The Originals if it lands on The CW’s fall schedule? Vote in our poll and then hit the comments to back up your pick!

1. Mona says:

The premise of the episode started off well especially with the new addition of Marcel. Both the actor and the character are charming and thus a welcome new addition, and of course, having Klaus and Elijah on screen together is always entertaining to watch.
    The episode took a turn south (no pun intended) with that out-of-nowhere pregnancy. That plot was not necessary, as the Originals has a lot of story to tell on its own without a werewolf pregnancy thrown into the mix.
    As they say in fashion, when you see that you have too many accessories on, you’re supposed to remove one thing before you leave house. The same can be said of this episode. The Originals back door pilot already had enough accessories in it and the pregnant werewolf was overkill. There is potential for that character to live in NOLA if she was written with a better (more positive) purpose other than being a trapped baby oven. She was supposed to be a tough werewolf who helped hybrids stop turning and get their free will back from Klaus. Now, the character has been turned into a weak, helpless woman! It doesn’t make sense!
    Ultimately, the writing of the character development requires more meat in order to be successful in the fall.

2. isablle says:

Just because a show does something or a movie the idea can never be used again? I loved everything about this episode. Since we met Klaus its always been his desire to have his own family and he tried forever to get his hybrids and even that couldn’t be the family he desired, this can and that made the twist amazing IMO. The prospect of a child and rebuilding with his siblings makes we wish I could see more right now. It all fit with what we know of Klaus and its a great stepping stone to build off of.

3. isablle says:

Also what amazing acting from Klaus reeling from what is and what could be.

4. Jmom says:

Not a big Klaus fan, but very intrigued by the new characters and New Orleans has a personality alone, will definitely watch it next season.

5. Mick says:

I want too remind people that the TVD pilot wasn’t that great and it turned into a decent show. Thats all.

6. jackie napoli says:

Why all the hate about the baby story line? To all those who said they won’t watch it
    don’t. I look forward to the series with the originals. The setting in New Orleans was
    wonderful. The acting was great Marcel jumped off the screen. Frankly, who cares
    about boring VD anymore, and the triangle between Damon, and Steffan.

7. Chris says:

This whole pregnancy thing is stupid as hell!!!! I did not like the whole plot to the spinoff. The originals leaving mystic falls will take TVD two steps back. I’m not going to lie, if Claire Holt is on “the originals” then I will probably watch it. But my honest opinion is splitting TVD will be the death of it and the originals won’t make it past a season.

8. Chris says:

Marcel is a bore already, but I love Klaus, so I am watching this one for sure!

9. sls says:

Loved this! I’m surprised so many people didn’t like it.
    Haley hasn’t even been fully fleshed out as a character and people hate her. I didn’t love her on TVD but I’m willing to give her a shot on The Originals. Joseph Morgan said in an interview that there are no plans for Klaus and Haley as a relationship which I’m glad about.

The pregnancy: I loved it. Twilight never even crossed my mind. Maybe this is because I’m in an older demographic, though I have read Twilight and have seen the movies. I loved the idea of a hybrid baby and what it could turn into. Don’t get me wrong, the potential for the storyline to be stupid, of course, is there, but I’m excited to see if it could be brilliant.

Loved Marcel, the city, and a Klaus/Marcel feud. Elijah was brilliant and I hope he will be a big part of the show. If Elijah only shows up as much as he shows up on TVD I think this spin-off will suffer. The overall feel of this show is different from TVD and I’m thankful for that. This feels like an older, more mature, darker version that I appreciate greatly. I love TVD for what it is but if the spin-off was too similar I wouldn’t have been as interested.

The Originals hanging out with teenagers in Mystic Falls always seemed sort of lame in the bigger picture. I couldn’t help but occasionally think if I was a 1000+ year old vampire I wouldn’t have much interest in the things high schoolers were doing. But I like TVD so I just rolled with it. Now, the spin-off will give them room to be more interesting, and hopefully, more “realistic to their age”.

I’m also a long-time fan of Anne Rice’s vampires so this trip to New Orleans reminded me of everything that enamored me to vampires in the first place. While I would never compare The Originals to Rice’s vampire world, I couldn’t help appreciate the appeal of New Orleans’ lore and mysticism.

I hope people will give this spin-off a chance. It may need to draw a different audience as it simply may not appeal to many of the younger TVD crowd. I’m sure there are plenty of younger viewers that will get into though so hopefully it will be a success!

• isablle says:

I agree with evrything you posted. This show deserves a chance, its much better than a lot of other series on air and being made.

• Dmac says:

Exactly, this show isn’t meant to appeal to the high schoolers, it is heard towards the 25-45 demo that doesn’t worship at the alter of Twilight and Damon/Elena and as part of that group I loved it. I am not sure how you can “hate” something before you have given it a chance but quite frankly I don’t think JP cares, she wrote it for a different audience.

• Autumn says:

I completely agree with this post. I think that it really might appeal to an older audience while still appealing to some of the younger crowd. This “pilot” is already technically stronger than the The Vampire Diaries pilot which was pretty weak. I also appreciated the New Orleans/Anne Rice vibe (even though like you said it is not really comparable). I think for this show to succeed, they need to distance themselves even more from The Vampire Diaries because everything about the story line is much more mature. Try and attract a new audience, people who like Moonlight, Blood Ties, True Blood (when it was decent), etc. In fact, this premise has a lot of potential to do some cool stuff like the campy Charlaine Harris books of which True Blood was based. Sure, the baby plot could go south quickly but I say give it a chance first. Twilight was not the first to come up with this kind of idea…And the two are not even remotely similar. I mean, if it turns into the Connor plot, I’m definitely going to have a problem. But the themes with family really suit Klaus because it is all he has ever wanted. And I don’t understand why people already have problems with Camille as the few scenes she was in, I thought she had a mature, intelligent, brave, and kind vibe to her. Very refreshing and different from the self absorbed teenagers of Mystic Falls. But maybe people prefer that??

• sls says:

I think you’re right. Maybe the teen demographic isn’t going to like this show though my 16 year old daughter loved it.
        I also really liked Camille. Not sure why some people are already hating her. Lol I don’t get all the hate people have for things/people surrounding this show. If I don’t like a show I just stop watching and don’t spend time writing about it on message boards.
        I hope this will get picked up. It has potential with a different audience.

10. Danielle says:

OMG I HATE Hayley so freakin much and now they knock her up??? I was SO looking forward to the Originals too. So pissed

11. dan says:

They probably made her pregnant so that they can have the baby grow up at a ridiculously fast rate, and make her a teenager by the end of the first season. She’ll give it the whole teen drama angle, like the Vampire Diaries

12. kavyn says:

It was actually pretty good. I like Marcel a lot. Definitely tuning in :)

13. Kit says:

When I first heard of the spin-off, I wasn’t excited and I was actually dreading this episode since I knew the original TVD cast wouldn’t get much screen time. After watching, I liked it more than I thought I would but I’m still iffy about it and probably won’t watch. When Klaus called Caroline, I was literally yelling at my screen going “No! Noooo!!! NOOOO!!!” I am the furthest from a Klaroline shipper and I think I might stop watching TVD if they move Caroline to The Originals. And Hayley? Ugh. I just cannot like her for some reason.

14. stephanie says:

i dont know guys but i think im still in shock over the whole pregnancy thing. i feel like im in the twilight zone. I just want to go back to 8pm and tune in for the show and none of this really happened. its just so sad because there was so much potential there and julie plec just wasted it with this truly awful story line. UGH I JUST FEEL SO USED. I’ve been waiting for this episode for months and THS is what Plec comes out with?!?! its not even that its Hayley (which i know most of the fandom strongly dislikes, again, because of Plec’s poor writing of her character) if it had been ANY other female, even Caroline (whom almost everyone loves with Klaus, not that Julie Plec cares I guess? lol wow) IT STILL WOULD HAVE BEEN THE WORST PLOT DEVICE EVER USED ON A SHOW.

Julie Plec, and the other writers that went along with this hot mess have no respect for their viewers. And that really pisses me off! Why? Because I’ve invested a great deal of my time watching a show that most other people have accused of doing just what was done tonight : BE A TWILIGHT RIP OFF.

need less to say, no will not be tuning in for the Originals.

15. Jaen says:

The pregnant plot line just killed it for me.

16. Reward says:

Trash.
    Trash everywhere.

17. chrissu says:

They should have deff. Developped Haleys character previously on tvd rather than throwing her into the “pilot”, pregnant. I feel like the writers knew we werent gonna like this but they still did it anyway.
    It just felt rushed. Like they needed something to add to the pilot and that was all they coulda came up with

18. Leah says:

I only watched a couple minutes of the “originals” stuff, before fast forwarding to the very few Mystic Falls scenes. I like Rebekah and Elijah, and would watch a spin-off if it just had those two originals in it. Klaus is obnoxious rather than scary, and Phoebe Tonkin’s acting (and character) annoys me to no end. I just hope that if this spin-off happens, the Vampire Diaries returns to being the awesome show that it was in seasons 1 and 2.

19. Ellen says:

Why would they throw in a complicated plot twist like that pregnancy right at the very end of the season? And it totally wasn’t necessary, they could just try and manipulate Klaus anyway, they didn’t need to get her pregnant!

20. davidsask says:

I dislike it, the CW needs new content, not recycled and besides VD has heavily relied on these characters for to long so how they going to solve that?!

21. Annie says:

I was so excited at the prospect of the new show. As a fan of thriller, and a big fan of horror (love the really gory gritty stuff) I was really looking forward to a dark, mature TV show that mediates the amount of ridiculous drama most CW shows have.

Unfortunately, my hopes were for naught.

Whilst I wish Joseph Morgan all the best and think he is an incredibly talented actor, this storyline is so contrived and absolutely detracts from the promise of a more mature TV show. Phoebe Tonkin is incredibly beautiful but every time she opens her mouth to speak in her quasi-American obviously Australian slow-paced drawl, I cringe. That’s not to say that she’s necessarily a BAD actress, she’s just nowhere near the level of the show’s other leads (Morgan, Gillies, Holt).

Julie Plec was given the ultimate playground, and she treated it like a plastic bucket and a shovel, making Jeremy-Kyle-esque sandcastles on her beach of shame. If they expect this new show to do well, they need to cut this baby storyline off completely. They need to focus on the complexities of Klaus’ character in situations appropriate to a world of vampires. They need to give Phoebe–Hayley–a storyline that respects her as an actress and not as an incubator for the most contrived plot twist TVD and Plec have ever come up with.

Above all, they need to respect that whilst they are the showrunners, their show continues ONLY if they have consistent viewers. To force feed their audience to a storyline they can’t enjoy or respect is going to lose them viewers, and, ultimately, the show will go nowehere as it will eventually be cancelled.

Someone, please, sack Julie Plec already. This is a TV show, not her dream world. A sense of integrity must remain intact.

22. That was such a fun show! Loved it and I can’t wait to see where they go with it!!

23. Pauli says:

Wow. I did not see that pregnancy twist coming. At all. I was pissed at first, but now I’m not sure how I feel about it. I’m choosing to withhold judgment because I love TVD, so that gives me hope that the writers have something up their sleeves. It’s a pretty daring move considering they must have known a majority of fans would react negatively to this.

I was loving the episode before this twist. Just the atmosphere and the colors alone! It was nice to escape the gloominess of Mystic Falls. I liked Sophie and Marcel too! Plus, there was so much Elijah. That always makes things better.

For me, what I liked about the episode out weighed what I didn’t like or was apprehensive about. I’ll definitely watch it if it gets picked up, and I hope it does.

24. malexa says:

The pregnancy “twist” is the very last straw that broke my patience with this show. WTF? Not only is it completely illogical, it’s the cheapest & laziest way to set up the drama. And why build Klaus and Caroline if this will be the end? F&%$ that s&^%!

25. lola says:

Well, that’s an hour of my life I can never get back. A werebaby? Seriously? What an utter waste of some pretty decent potential and some very decent actors. Thanks no thanks, Originals.

26. Sara says:

Let’s get serious here – Klaus treats his family like crap. He’s abusive, controlling, psychopathic and pretty much evil. So, do I want to watch him inflicted on an innocent baby? No, no I do not. Klaus and babies don’t go together, in any way. This is kind of like Freddy or Jason having kids. It’s awful and I don’t know how much crack the writers had to ingest to come up with this.

27. I wasn’t very entertained by this episode and don’t really see me tuning in during the Fall. I love Klaus, Rebekah, and Elijah, but unless the shows makes some changes I don’t think it will be very good.

• Chris says:

Right! I love the originals, theyre actually my favorite characters on the show and I think if they left TVD, TVD wouldn’t be as good. Plus the whole plot to this spinoff was not impressive at all.

28. charlue says:

For all u no hayley could of sleept with some1 else nd got pregnant. Well I’m praying to god that that happened

29. Claire says:

Too many bitter Klaroline shippers I see, that’s the main motive behind the Hayley hate. Hopefully once The Originals are free and out on their own, people will have more of an open mind. I hope the show is picked up. It has a fantastic cast and deserves a chance. I often wonder what the audience did 20 years ago when they didn’t have social media to threaten producers with what to do with their own show?

• Autumn says:

They sent mail the old fashioned way which made it so much easier for writers to ignore. I think this is also why shows can get tainted today though. They start to hear those negative voices and it messes with personal visions.

30. GS says:

I’m just amazed at how quick everyone is to dismiss the show. I was actually NOT looking forward to a spin off but watched b/c I needed new tv. I absolutely loved it! The characters are new and exciting. Klaus was showing more emotion. Elijah was total badass the way he showed up. Marcel is charasmatic and a good foil for Klaus (and if they pick up this show, he will definitely be off Grey’s and can’t mess up Jo and Alex!). The pregnancy storyline did make my mouth drop but what better way for Klaus to have redemption than to have a child. A show with a bunch of people running around partying and killing people would get old quick. I’m willing to see where they take it. Hailey hasn’t had time to be fleshed out yet. Her story on TVD is what made everyone hate her but we don’t even really know her. I think it has great potential if people really give it a chance and stop comparing it to Twilight, Buffy, Angel, Dracula, Interview with A Vampire. Just let it be what it is not what you think it is.

31. lauren says:

well that was terrible. i laughed out loud at the ridiculous baby plot. nothing new here. nothing original about it. toast for me.

32. Little Scarf Girl says:

I really don’t think there’s enough drive for this show to stand on its own. Also, I feel like they’re twisting Elijah’s motivations to suit the show’s purposes. He wanted to believe Katarina felt something real for him, and that there was still good in her. Instead, he bails on her to go help Klaus do … what exactly? Take over New Orleans? I would have been okay with him leaving if they’d given him some real moitvation. The baby twist I don’t mind, but it doesn’t make sense since Klaus is a vampire, regardless of being a hybrid or not. Unless hybrids can reproduce, but that doesn’t make sense by their logic. They have so many underutilized characters in The Vampire Diaries that it’s annoying to have a whole episode dedicated to Klaus wandering around New Orleans and being annoying. -_-

33. Ruby says:

I was totally down for the Originals until this pregnancy thing. SO stupid. It’s too bad, because I really love Joseph Morgan and was so excited he was getting his own show.

34. Milena says:

Whatever happens,I’ll watch “The Orignals” I adore Klaus,Elijah and Rebekah! Plus,a storyline is interesting so as new characters! It’s truth,it’d be better with Caroline in it,but from Julie Plec we can expect unexpected,right? So,one way or another,I’m in!

35. scorpionglow says:

Powerful episode. Performer of the week: Joseph Morgan. I think he killed this one. It’s a great lead-in, strong acting, and it was well done on every level. I might have to watch it a 2nd time.

36. ggny says:

Im gonna watch just to see what is up with the Brave Bartender. Something was up with her. The pregnancy plot was terrible and was just them trying to be splashy and it failed will probably FF through Haily parts on the new show

37. BrianR says:

Bring back the Secret Circle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. Jenn says:

Wow, it sounds to me like people are taking this whole wolf/hybrid pregnancy WAY to seriously! It’s freakin FICTION people! You want reality go watch the discovery channel. OMG! I happen to think it was pretty awesome and look forward to watching it next season. I already like the characters, well, most of them anyways. I am not a huge Hayley fan but you can’t have everything right? ha ha Who knows, she might grow on me. And I’m not going to let one so so character ruin what is otherwise and awesome cast.

39. crystal says:

I have to disagree with so many of the people on here who think that TO “jumped the shark”. I think the pregnancy plot twist was a definite shocker and it’s definitely gonna make it interesting to watch. I’m all in favor for klaroline but I think that the fact that she isn’t on this show will take away from all the lovey dovey scenes and make it more exciting and suspenseful, which is probably the best parts of TVD. the only thing I didn’t like was probably the fact that the witches has control over hayley and the baby. I thought that was a little melodramatic and could have been executed in a different way.

40. Faster says:

I agree with most of the comments so far: I wasn’t too excited about The Originals, but I was digging the episode until the pregnancy reveal. What? Not sure how I feel about this, but I certainly am disappointed that that will be what they’ll do with Hayley’s character and that Elijah is such a proponent of fatherhood as well. It just seemed weird to me. I loved the New Orleans feel and the new characters, but I just don’t know if and how this will turn out. I’m hoping it doesn’t get picked up – if this is where it’s going, I’d rather just keep Klaus and Rebekah (and what little we see of Elijah) on TVD.

41. Chris says:

Clearly Julie plec is not the creative mind behind the show. The spin off has no involvement by Kevin Williamson and I think most of us could agree Julie plec should not be left to her own devices. Plec is going to be the death of TVD and the spinoff.

42. Ally says:

This is a joke right ?!?!? I honestly hate Haley they should have killed her a long time ago I mean she has no point in being there Tyler is gone so is all the other werewolves I don’t get it . I don’t know why but I have a feeling this baby isn’t real I mean it can’t be . I think the whitches are planning something. I really hope they are if not I’m gonna cry no more klaus and Caroline :(

43. Riana says:

Was anyone else disappointed Danielle Campbell wasn’t in the episode?

44. Whatever says:

Elijah is there and Elena is not. Yay and Yay !
    Count me in I’m watching the Originals.

45. Elijahgirl26 says:

The pregnancy storyline will be interesting to see played out. If you don’t like it then don’t watch it because it will be there when it comes on in the fall. It maybe a similar story to twilight and Buffy but it is going to be so much different. The pregnancy storyline is something different to go with it is something new to try with a show that is a spin off to a tv series and book series. Read the books and you will see why they probably did this. They probably wanted to try something different even if its not new. The characters are fictional the show isn’t real. It’s a storyline a lot of
    shows would probably use. Give it a shot give the show a break. The storyline isn’t going to change they aren’t going to kill a poor innocent baby. The mother is a werewolf the father is a hybrid. Like I said before Underworld Selena
    vampire Michael vampire/Lycan hybrid. They use these storylines a lot. Let the storyline to play out. Klaus could be redeemed he could become the good guy all he wats is a family this gives him a family not killing anyone not betraying anyone. Plus Elijah and Rebekah will be there so it should be good. So give the show a chance it has only had one episode.

46. Meredith says:

I read the recap and all comments before actually watching the show and thought I would be horribly disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised! The pregnancy thing doesn’t even bother me that much, I have more of a problem w/ Hayley’s character. I can’t see any differentiation btn her and Faye on TSC. It’s literally like watching the same character. And it’s totes time for Klaus to move on, keeping him on TVD any longer didn’t make sense. He was sticking around for Caroline and she was clearly not coming around. Which is really difficult for me to admit bc I’m a huge Klaroline shipper. I do think Elijah is way overzealous in this whole rebuild our family deal. It’s a little creepy to me, he needs to slow his roll. I’ll def be watching next season.

47. mela says:

Wow! what harsh comments. So judgmental. All you baby haters have no imagination. I really doubt they are going to let this show go the way of Twilight and everyone is going to run happily off into the sunset. Plus…2 people have sex..make baby..not unheard of. We have no idea what this new character will bring. It is a new species. It is not an innocent baby. Who knows maybe the baby will be the ultimate immortal villain even to her daddy. I doubt the littler bugger is going to stay a baby for long. After all this is a supernatural world. It’s not like Klaus hasn’t daggered his current family plenty. Why do you all think this is going to be a gooey lovey family story. Maybe it will all go down the crapper, but at least give it more that 40 minutes.

On the flip side. I will really miss all these characters on TVD. They actually make that show interesting. And I will miss Klaus and Caroline…not a Tyler fan. I would rather see Caroline with Stefan. I think it would actually be cool to have alot of crossover. All of the characters have come and gone on TVD, so they could make it work.

48. Nellibly says:

I’m in. I happy to see that Elijah is back and, I will keep an open mind about where this new series is going.

49. Elijahgirl26 says:

I’m still going to watch vampire diaries I love all the characters no matter what and I love the storylines. I will also watch the originals because I like Rebekah and Elijah and I like klaus’s soft side. I actually like the baby storyline and can’t wait for it to play out and hayley will be sticking around. I think this show has potential and can make it just like the vampire diaries and true blood.

50. B+ says:

I started to watch the Vampire Diaries because The Secret Circle was cancelled and I missed Phoebe Tonkin a lot and then I found out that she was going to play a role in TVD. I know Hayley is not a great character but screen-writters can make us change our mind in a couple of episodes and I think that is going to happen with her.
    On the other hand, I love the Originals. Apart from Damon and Caroline, I think Klaus, Elijah and Rebecca are the best characters of the show. I don’t like Elena in any of her ways (human, vampire with humanity and without it) and I don’t like Bonnie neather. And there are other characters like Matt or Tyler that barely appear on TVD because there is not enough screen time so I think the idea of two shows can help with that.
    And I love Marcel! So charismatic!
    About Klaroline… I think it would have been a good couple, but I also like Caroline with Tyler. I don’t think Klaus is going to feel anything for Hayley. I think the couples would be Klaus and Camille (I don’t really find her pretty, no that it matters) and Elijah and Sophie, but I know is way too soon to say anything.
    So yes! I want the spin off. I would watch both shows, but I have a feeling that I would be more interested in The Originals (because of the characters and all the new atmosphere).
    (And yes, the baby thing is kind of Reneesme and it was shocking, but now I want to know how this is going to end)