Exclusive

The Voice Exclusive: Coaches' Game of 'Guess Who?' Uncovers [Spoiler]'s Pageant Past

Doesn’t it seem like The Voice‘s quartet of coaches has such a hoot hanging out together that they probably shouldn’t be getting paid for it?

In the following exclusive clip, social media correspondent Christina Milian sits down with Usher, Adam Levine, Shakira and Blake Shelton for a goofy game of “Guess Who?” — and the results are…well, unexpected, to say the least.

PHOTOS | The Voice: Top 20 Contenders Headed to the Season 4 Knockout Rounds

Which coach used to be in a music-and-acrobatics collective called Happy Clowns? Who’s got a six-ton statue of him/herself (made in Germany!) back in his or her hometown? And who has a secret beauty-pageant past?

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Favorite Series

Press play below to get all the answers, then hit the comments with your thoughts! And for all my reality TV news, interviews and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. The difference in chemistry between The Voice coaches and the Idol judges is like night and day. It’s part of the explanation why the ratings for The Voice keep going up while those for Idol go down.

• lyn says:

Sure, look at the differences. Idol has clueless Randy, superfreak Nikki, diva Mariah and sweetheart Keith. The Voice has smart hottie Adam, sweet and cute Shakira, mellow cool guy Usher and funny good ole boy Blake. The only thing Idol has that the Voice hasn’t is a better host, because Ryan puts Carson way into the shade. JMO

• Nichele says:

Well said, Lyn. I agree completely with your comment. It’s a shame, though, because I’ve been a fan of Idol since season one. But as much as I love both Keith and Ryan, I just can’t stomach Nikki and Mariah, and Randy is just annoying at this point.

Meanwhile, however, I adore the chemistry between the Voice judges this season and really look forward to watching each week.

• Magically Suspicious says:

I’d even argue that Carson is a better host, but that’s purely personal preference. Idol’s days are done. It’s a dead horse.

• CountryQueen says:

Carson is a better host. He is real in what he does. Ryan is just plastic. I gave up on Idol two years ago – gave it less than 5 minutes this year. Tried watching for Keith, but Nikki drove me out pronto.

The honey actually watches with me this year – he loves the talent, but he also really loves these judges. They are a great foursome. I’m afraid they’re going to lose Blake since doing the show twice a year is quite a burden (which he expressed), but this is about the only good thing NBC has going, so they would air it all year if they could.

• misscepat says:

agree agree on ryan vs carson! i can’t stand carson repeating the same lines over and over again. sometimes just don’t say anything.

2. patty wylot says:

I enjoy your show.and love watching the show.

3. Wade says:

The big difference between The Voice and American Idol is that on The Voice the judges are not judges like on American Idol. They are coaches! Judges critique and criticize. Coaches teach and assist. Big difference! Love The Voice. Can’t stomach the other show that is on the network the starts with F and ends in OX! :-)

• Jayda says:

This! I also feel that Idol is too manipulated by those behind-the-scenes… if they just let the judges say what they actually feel in the moment, giving honest feedback that hasn’t been pre-scripted to fit whatever story the producers want for the season, maybe “Idol” would be more watchable.

4. Michael Monk says:

I love these 4 and their interactions on the show. When it was first announced about Usher and Shakira replacing Cee Lo and Xtina, I was kind of “Eh”, but they are so much more into the banter and fun then the previous 2 and Shakira has surprised me with how good she is as a mentor and player. I expected Usher to be good. The chemistry from the 4 was so obvious from the first show.

• Tammy Campbell says:

Thats well said and exactly how I felt but 10 minutes into the 1st show I knew this was gone be the best season ever. I love the voice and the chemistry with all the judges is great. Hands down my favorite show! American Idol you cannot even compare to the voice. I did watch the first couple of episodes just to see Nikki and Mariah fight and poor Kieth I love him to bad he got stuck with the other 3 judges hate it for him. To the voice please keep Usher and Shakira!!!!!!

5. Terry says:

It is mind boggling how bad a job of picking judges with some chemistry between them that American Idol did. I don’t think they could have made worse choices if they tried. Which is precisely why I enjoy watching the Voice and have abandoned AI completely this year.

6. They are all awesome. But I still love Blake and Usher and Shakira and Adam. Well I love them all. But Blake is my fave.

7. GS says:

I hate to say it but I honestly don’t care if CeeLo and Xtina come back. Usher and Shakira are surprisingly humble and the chemistry is fantastic! Idol went purely for big names with no thought of chemistry. Whoever thought Nikki Minaj has enough talent to judge AI should be fired. Screaming and talking is not singing. I used to refuse to miss an episode of Idol but now if I watch one episode a season, I’m good. Haven’t really watched since Scotty won and I haven’t missed it. When I have, it’s been horrible. Love The Voice!

8. RONDEE says:

i dont know how you feel about AI laughing at contestant, rather than encourage them to do better. those judges are the most discusting people on TV.
    rondee

9. BRAD says:

Idol need to be out out of its misery, its overlasted its welcome…. The only judge thats even tolerable is Keith, those 2 divas need to go and Randy has always been a dumb ass, hes even worse now… Ryan SEABISCUIT is obnoxious, I always wish he falls down those steps in the opening, why is that necessary?? HE isn’t the star of the show!!!!!…

10. Connie says:

It’s entertainment folks, it’s not supposed to be reality. I enjoy both shows because the judges/coaches are so entertaining in their own way.

11. greysfan says:

Personally i haven’t really liked The Voice until this season when they rid of Christina and Cee-Lo. Now that Shakira and Usher are there i find the show so much better. I really hope the other 2 never return but i have a feeling next season that will happen and i won’t like it again. Its a bit like Mariah and Nikki on this season of Idol. They are stuck up diva’s. Not what these sorts of shows need if you ask me.

12. Semper Fi Mom says:

Maybe we could send Cee-lo and Christina to American idol to be judges with Keith and get rid of the other 3. Then Usher and Shakira can stay on the voice and American Idol judge panel would be better balanced with quirky, blunt and diplomatic!

13. I knew the beauty pageant answer because I watched that three-part series about Blake on YouTube. I loved every minute of it!

14. jake says:

I really think someone should tell Usher that this show is based on “your Voice”, not how you “Perform it”. It seams that Usher never got the memo on why the “The Voice”, is “Not American Idol”. You supposed to be coaching them on how to use your voice not how you perform. Shakiria,Adam,Blake=great!

15. sad1 says:

They should have done some viewer polls before deciding to bring back Cee Lo and Christina. Shakira and Usher are wonderful on the show. I’m okay with eccentric but Cee Lo is too creepy for the young talent on this show. I expect ratings to drop when they return. Long time followers will likely continue to watch but anyone who just joined the audience this season will be very disappointed to lose these two.

16. Cathy says:

I didn’t watch before because of CeeLo and Christina. I love the show now. Usher and shakira are talented musicians ! They are real coaches.
    I hope the current four remain. I wont watch if the spectacles of Ceelo and Christina return. And if they return I won’t promote the show either.
    Keep Adam,Usher, Blake and Shakira !!