Ratings: Supernatural Surges, SVU Hits 15-Week High, Survivor Ties Season High, Parents Drops

Ratings Supernatural SurgesThe Supernatural episode “Pac-Man Fever” (back away, Granny!) gobbled up good numbers on Wednesday night, drawing 2.42 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating.

Those numbers mark gains of 27 and 25 percent from the last fresh episode and the drama’s second-largest audience of the season.

Leading into Supernatural, Arrow targeted 3.05 mil/1.0, up 5 percent and a tenth.

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Supernatural, Arrow and More of Your Favorite Series’ Endgames

Over on NBC, Dateline (5.5 mil/1.3) rose 10 percent and a tenth week-to-week, while Law & Order: SVU (7.22 mil/1.8) saw gains of 14 and 13 percent, notching its best demo numbers since Jan. 9.

RELATED | American Idol Top 4 Performance Night Recap: I Don’t Think That I Can Take It

CBS’ Survivor (9.8 mil/2.7) held steady to match last week’s season high…. ABC’s How to Live With Your Parents (4.8 mil/1.5) dropped 21 and 25 percent… and American Idol‘s Top 4 sing-off (do not get Slezak started) did 12.2 mil/3.2, leading the night on both counts while down 4 percent and two tenths from last Wednesday.

1. Rebecca says:

SVU can go away now? Maybe it won’t drag Chicago Fire down too much when it comes back new next week.

2. wrstlgirl says:

So awesome seeing Malcolm voted off the island last night on Survivor. Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

3. Pat D. says:

I dont understand why SVU hit such high ratings by itself, not an especially good or bad episode.

• yankeesrj12 says:

Lack of competition from Criminal Minds last night. Whenever Criminal Minds is new, SVU falls. I’d like to see NBC move away from Criminal Minds.

4. Alyssa says:

I finally caught up with Supernatural and was able to watch last night. Good for them :)

5. sarah says:

SVU deserves these ratings! Last nights episode moved me to tears, quality entertainment. And it most definitely does not bring Chicago Fire down.

6. Wilson says:

So happy about Supernatural. It had such an awesome episode last night.

7. Babygate says:

No mention of ABC. The only original was How to Live and of course it tanked. Why would you put one single half hour original in an entire lineup of repeats. Unless people read it online, anyone would think that it was a repeat as well. Especially since there are no previews after the episode airs. This show is quickly growing on me. It is wittier, funnier while being more down to earth than a lot of the crap that passes for comedy now a days. I hope the ratings go up next week and ABC gives it a second season.

• Brooke says:

I’ve become fond of How To Live as well, and it IS awfully strange it was parked in the middle of a bunch of reruns last night. Tivo makes it a non-issue for me, but I’m sure that it’s MF lead-in on normal nights is a big help to its ratings. Hopefully its renewal chances aren’t affected negatively by that in the long run.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

HTLWYP(FTROYL) has been added.

8. Madeline says:

Yay SPN!

9. Midori says:

Last night’s SVU is the first episode I have watched all season, simply because nothing else was on. It was a very good episode, really dealing well with the school covering up rape cases that happens across the country all the time.

10. ollie says:

yea supernatural. loved the hug between the brothers.

11. GS says:

There was nothing worth a crap on tv until The Americans because everything was in reruns. I watched my DVR last night. Glad all my shows are new tonight.

12. Lena says:

Great for Arrow!

13. Mary says:

“How To Live” was actually really funny last night. Why is ABC trying to launch a new show surrounded by repeats? I think it’ll go back up next week after a new Modern Family.

• Mark says:

My main problem with the show is that it kinda drags when Elizabeth Perkins and brad aren’t in it. Their storyline I found 100 times more entertaining last night. That scene at the morgue being the ultimate highlight of the episode.

14. So happy for Supernatural! The end of the season is upon us. Only 3 episodes left!

15. Dilys says:

Wooo hooo!!! So happy for SPN and Robbie Thompson. He wrote a great episode and I enjoyed every minute of it. Can’t wait for Cas return next week and the final 3 eps. This is a wonderful time to be a Supernatural fan and a Cas fan.

16. Dee says:

Loved the uptick in viewers.

It was a heartfelt episode that made me tear up a bit.

Loved the brother hug :)

17. Jaime says:

SVU still failed against repeats. SVU diehards need to reevaluate. When CM is new next week SVU doesn’t stand a chance, and it will bring CF down in the ratings.

18. Elyse says:

yay for Supernatural! :) :)

19. Reebus856 says:

This was one the best episodes of this season w/ Felicia Day as Charlie in it. Someone on the net(can’t remember was site) suggested that Felicia Day as Charlie( the computer whiz/geek) be added as a regular recurring character for S9>excellent idea!! Along with Garth, she would be an asset to the Wincester Bros. now that Uncle Bobby is REALLY gone(we think).

20. kirads09 says:

Duck Dynasty season finale 9.6 mil viewers. Just sayin.

21. Mikael says:

I can’t believe how much Supernatural has recovered from the past two seasons. It’s gotten so much better since Jeremy Carver took over.

• Supernatural fan says:

Agreed. Although still has not recovered and have the viewers/ratings like the first 3 seasons, but I like it better than the last few seasons were we were bored to tears with Sam this and Sam that although still kind of that way he is trying to shift the balance back..I hope..