Video: New Girl's Jake Johnson Previews Nick and Jess' Big 'Virgins' Moment, Laments Taylor Swift's 'Perfect' Season Finale Performance

Get More: Interviews, Spoilers, Video

jake johnson interview new girl spoilers virgins

Something major goes down between Nick and Jess in New Girl “Virgins”-themed flashback episode next Tuesday (9/8c, Fox), and Jake Johnson is dishing and telling.

“There’s a big [moment],” Johnson reveals in the following video Q&A with yours truly. “[The episode] is about how each character loses their virginity… But at the end it’s very Nick/Jess.”

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Favorite Series

Johnson also shares why the prospect of a full-fledged Nick/Jess romance in Season 3 “scares” him, identifies the surprising individual who encouraged him to move into Emmy’s lead acting category, teases the comedy’s “crazy” season finale that features guest turns by both a badger and Taylor Swift (hint: only one of them made him look bad), and shares his real feelings about that “Turtle Face” label.

Press PLAY below and hit the comments with your “Virgins” theories!

Comments (18)

• Cannot wait for the finale. Love New Girl but I have to say, love Taylor Swift more. Excited.

Comment by dude – April 25, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Taylor & I think she’s a good actress but maybe comedy isn’t her forte? She was really good on CSI though… she’s a hilarious person but after seeing Valentine’s Day I’m not sure (maybe that had to do more with the character?), still, I’m really excited about it

Comment by Maris – April 25, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love him!

Comment by Magali – April 25, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dido!!! That’s exactly what I said after watching this!

Comment by Jenny – April 25, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s great & I really do hope he gets nominated, though I don’t know if he would win especially because I don’t even remember who else competes in that category, but yeah, I think it’s a smart move to try for lead instead of supporting

Comment by Maris – April 25, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, you can probably count Jim Parsons in there. Alec won’t get nominated because 30 Rock is over. Jon Cryer winning was a joke to me but they might nominate him again. There is also Don Cheadle and Louis C.K. I mean, he’ll have some tough competition if he goes up against those guys. But Michael was right, Modern Family has that supporting category locked. As little of a chance he might have in the lead category, he was a lower one in supporting.

Comment by Alex – April 25, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right, I forgot about all of them. Well, Jake would definitely be the underdog but I do think he has a good chance of at least getting nominated

Comment by Maris – April 25, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope Jake gets nominated too! The whole cast is excellent! A very consistently funny show with great writing and great actors. Love it! (And it’s smart to go for lead, because even without the Modern Family guys, if he went for supporting he’d still be up against Schmidt and the guys from Parks & Rec—who, IMO, are all better than the Modern Family cast. The lead category was pretty weak last year, so I think Jake has a chance to at least get nominated.)

Comment by gdv – April 25, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, agree completely, don’t even get me started on Parks though, I still can’t believe the lack of awards and nominations they get

Comment by Maris – April 25, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The whole cast is consistently funny and the writing is great, but I think that Jake has a real chance to get nominated for lead if he tries. The category was pretty weak last year. I’m glad he’s not going for supporting—even without the Modern Family guys he’d have competition from Schmidt and from the Parks & Rec guys (who haven’t been getting Emmy love but probably would if Modern Family were taken out of the mix for any reason). If I ruled the universe, I’d have Jake be nominated for lead, and also Chris Messina from Mindy Project, and the supporting category would be Danny Pudi for Community, Max Greenfield for New Girl, Ike Barinholtz from Mindy, , and Nick Offerman and Chris Pratt from Parks & Rec.

Comment by gdv – April 25, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At the end Ausiello is like, why are you explaining this to me, I get it dude.

Comment by the girl – April 25, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha ha, I liked how much Jake talked, because he usually doesn’t reveal much.

Comment by Ilin – April 26, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jake Johnson should be nominated. He is outstanding on New Girl.

Comment by Lecholls – April 25, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My fiance and I are always saying to each other that we think Jake is the best actor on the show. Zooey is always awesome, but I think Jake brings a lot more to his character than what’s written on the page. And the faces and choices he makes are brilliant. Hope he gets nominated!

Comment by Tiff – April 25, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who googled “turtle face” after watching the interview ?

Comment by Vikimousse – April 25, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always thought the Turtle Face face was more related to Grumpy Cat than anything else.

Comment by Meg – April 26, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post