Castle Sneak Peek: Your First Look At a 'Great Trip Down Memory Lane'

This Monday on ABC’s Castle, Rick and Kate are afforded a chance to reflect on times gone by — and we’ve cued up a pair of video sneak peeks.

RELATED | May Sweeps/Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Castle, Once Upon a Time and Many More of Your Favorite Series

The episode “Still” — so titled because Kate must stay put until a bomb she unwittingly triggered can be defused — is the “bonus” 24th installment added to Castle‘s Season 5 run, and thus had to avail itself of some efficiencies in being produced. Series creator Andrew W. Marlowe says he’d be loath to call it a “clip show,” in part because the flurry of flashbacks “forward the storytelling.”

“When I realized we only had a couple of days to shoot it and we’d have to fill it out with clips [from previous episodes], I set out to make the best ‘clip show’ that television has seen — and I think our team has pulled it off,” he tells TVLine. “It is a great trip down memory lane, yes, but we have some high stakes and other interesting stuff going on in the main story.”

RELATED | Castle Season 5 Finale Scoop via Matt’s Inside Line

In the clips below, Kate and Rick debate 1) whether she was into him from the moment they first met, and 2) how she allegedly has always been unable to keep her hands off of him.

Loading video...

Loading video...

1. Auntie Ralph says:

Hopefully they have a clip of Jason Wilborn being let go.

2. James says:

please forgive me for say this but Aaaawwww they’re so darn cute. (oh dear god i actually went their) looks like another goodone, and Kate Beckett is going to say “I love you” methinks.

3. Kristine S. says:

Should be fun, though I guess we know how the bomb scare will work out…LOL

4. JAA says:

I can’t wait to see this episode. It looks like it’s going to be a great one for Caskett fans

5. klover says:

Haha, that was fun. Thanks for the clips!

6. luli says:

I just finished watching the episode (someone uploaded the ep beforehand and I couldn’t contain myself so I had to watch it!), and I gotta say it’s by far one of the best! Filled with beautiful new and old Caskett moments, and couldn’t stop crying by the end… LOVED THE EPISODE! But I still don’t get how the squab and the quail was supposed to go after this one, how can they be this good in still but in episode 22 theres insecurities, jealousy and trust issues…

• Jennifer says:

This episode was suppose to be before the squab and the quail but they switched after the boston marathon bombing

• luli says:

yeah I know but I think the order (the real one) doesn’t make sense after watching Still…

• Squintern says:

actually, had s and q aired when it was supposed to, it might have made things make more sense anyone who’s ever been in a relationship knows that once you hit that pivotal moment of declaration that you do have to figure where you go from there.

7. Mari says:

Something really big happens in this episode. So it’s not just a clip show.

8. M3rc Nate says:

Yeah it can be cute and all to deny…but considering shes naturally someone who’s guarded….id be annoyed as her BF that she wont admit (what we all know is true) that she had feelings for him etc.

9. eridapo says:

Matt…

I think TVline is a little late to the party. Half the fandom has already seen the episode…. LOL

• CastleFanForLife says:

You know, even if you already HAVE seen the episode because of some unfortunate (or lucky) mix up w German and French itunes that doesn’t mean you have to write it here on such a public site. I don’t know why people have to make that as known as that. I do understand being impatient, it’s CASTLE for God’s sake, I’m excited for every damn episode so I get it. But I think curtesy of the writers and actors who work their asses off no one who’s already seen it should discuss this episode so openly. I mean it is SO FREAKING GOOD that I hope people who’ve already seen it and live in the US will still turn in to watch it live a second time (RATINGS PEOPLE!!!) but please don’t DISCUSS this here! That’s certainly not the place nor the time! And DON’T SPOIL people who haven’t seen it yet!

• CastleFanForLife says:

sorry, and I meant *by courtesy of the writers and actors

• Squintern says:

you do realize that the majority of the folks who watched the ep online in the U.S. are very likely to watch it Monday, right? chill out. And honestly? the internet fandom makes up such a small portion of the total viewership that it’d be peanuts anyways.

10. CastleFanForLife says:

sorry, and I meant *by courtesy of the writers and actors

11. chandler516 says:

I am one American that hasn’t seen “Still” yet. I am so excited and can hardly contain myself. Glad that those who have watched the episode are all saying how great it is. Please just watch it again on Monday night so the all important ratings are good.

12. lame says:

I hope TPTB follow the mythology. Kate Beckett fell in love with the writer long before she met Castle the man. She has a complete collection of his books and waited in line for one hour to get his book signed. That explained her reaction in episode one, season one, when he gives her a signed edition of his not yet released novel and kisses her cheek. Meeting her idol was not what she had expected.

13. Emmakingg says:

I have resisted watching the leaked episode and let me tell you, it’s been TOUGH! I can’t wait to watch it Monday. People have had such awesome things to say about. Castle really is such a fun and entertaining show!

14. Becca says:

I haven’t seen it yet either and I can’t wait!! Sounds like it’ll be a good one, and the flashbacks actually make me more excited for it!

15. Lyn Bockmiller says:

I think they both made mistakes Rick says shacking up bad bad Kate having a drink on the job she never does that ! Bad! letting the Playboy put doubt in her mind about Rick then letting him Kiss her.Bad! Pushing him a way Good him setting up the bedroom with candles to give her a rub down good cutting the wire good her saying where are we going (not very clear) the door to the bedroom is open she can see what he has planned.She should have said (very loud) Rick where is our relationship going? he would get the point!! Last point she always says it complicated is that because before she does anything she still has Mothers death in the back of her head or is she now ready to go forward with the relationship because I think he has just been waiting for her this is the first time she has ever brought it up! We are at the mercy of the writers and Andrew!!

16. Dr. e DiTosto says:

The show on the 29th was super. Marlowe and company did a fantastic job!