Exclusive

The Glades Exclusive: Marilu Henner Books One Mother of a Season 4 Arc

The Glades Season 4 Cast Marilu HennerFresh off her turn as a mom that Walden would like to… get friendlier with on Two and a Half Men, Marilu Henner has booked a trip to The Glades.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Taxi driver-turned-Celebrity Apprentice favorite will guest-star in at least three episodes of the A&E drama as Joan Longworth aka Jim’s mother.

As previously revealed on Twitter, Psych pop Corbin Bernsen is playing Jim’s dad.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Season and Series Finales!

Might mom be in town to meet a prospective daughter-in-law…? After all, the Season 3 cliffie had Jim (played by Matt Passmore) on bended knee, popping the question to longtime love Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

RELATED | A&E Renews Bates Motel for Season 2

Season 4 of The Glades premieres Monday, May 27 at 9/8c, leading into Longmire’s sophomore opener.

1. Rebecca says:

Love this show, can’t wait for more Jim and Callie.

2. sia says:

That’s great casting! so excited

3. lyn says:

It’s a cinch Marilu won’t forget her lines. Love The Glades and her. Can’t wait.

4. Lorie says:

Awesome news! Can’t wait for 5/27. Love The Glades & Longmire!

• florida sunshine says:

Love Longmire and the Glades as well. Great casting additions for Jim’s parents. Somehow, for all of the skeptics, it may not go as smooth as a fairy tale with unexpected twists and turns. Anxious to see!

5. Spikenalabama says:

I hope Callie turns down his proposal. I just don’t get why every show feels that they have to make a couple out of its lead characters. Even so, I am really excited for all my summer shows to return; The Glades, Rookie Blue, Longmire, True Blood, Falling Skies, Franklin & Bash, etc.

• Candace says:

I’m glad that I’m not the only one that doesn’t want Callie and Jim together!!!

• Peter Young says:

You aren’t. Every show that puts the male/female stars together finally, starts a downward spiral. “Castle” is case in point. I’s getting silly and stupid and if the next season doesn’t have more pizazz to it, 2 viewers in this house are gone !

• kitty-bye says:

I agree. I was hoping that Callie would say he was perfect for her, but she wanted to pursue her career out of town and he would romance other more intriguing characters throughout the season. More interested in mystery then it turning into a family soap opera with his mother etc.

• Moondra says:

Same here! It sort of peeves me, that here is a strong woman trying to get her life back on track, raising a kid alone going to school, etc etc. and SHE gives up a GREAT job just to be with him! and I’m sorry to be saying this, but his character is REALLY starting to annoy me with his wise cracks, it was cute at first but now…..just STOP! I’m starting to like Carlos Gomez’ character more and more. Can’t believe I’m saying this but what annoyed me the most? When he was interviewing the ‘vegetarian’ suspect and he eats sloppy ribs in front of her, licking his fingers, making noises (maybe because it’s a pet peeve of mine). Although I DO love ED ASNER now in the show. He’s just great!!!!! Looking forward to Marilu Henner as well, Sad to say though depending on the direction of the show, this may be the last season I watch.
        I’m still mad that Breakout Kings was given the boot, which was a far more superior show (IMHO)

• Dory says:

I’m sticking my neck out but did it occur to anyone that maybe they don’t want a season 4. Actors have other plans or just plain tired of it. Its been weird since season 2. I have found it entertaining and Jim is treating Callie well.. They are cute together. The scene where she sat on his lap was cute. I dunno but something has been off since season 2. I really hope I’m wrong.

• Bvorgang says:

Not a fan of the Callie’s whiny character. She talks without moving her mouth & her hair needs an update!

6. Dory says:

Great! Beautiful Mother and really good actress. With Corbin Bernsen as Dad this should be a riot. Of course you would expect Jim would have good looking parents.

• Dory says:

Seeing Marilu on tv line reminded me of watching reruns of Taxi with my mom. My mom was quite strict about what I watched but she really loved “Nardo”. I remember 1 when she was forced to have a date with Louie and showed up looking as bad as she could. No easy task> Baggy clothes no makeup. Hiding that figure was a challenge. Don’t remember the outcome but it was LOL funny. I’m going to buy the DVDs. Thx tvline and the Glades for good taste in casting.

• Gerk says:

Dory, The end of that show you mentioned had Louie tell Nardo how difficult it was being short and getting no respect. He really put it out there, appearing extremely vulnerable and Nardo felt like a heel for being so down on him. So she put her arms around him but when she did, Louie groped her, so she slapped him. Some guys just can’t change!

7. Susan says:

Found `The Glades` tv series on netflix, but only through season two. I am so sad I`m not going to see season three before season four starts this month!!!!! Tried hulu and a&e, only found clips. No full episodes. What`s up with that?

8. Cannot wait to see Glades. Love Jim and Callie. Please show her reply to his proposal. It has to be yes. They are a great couple. The mother and father casting sounds great. Bring Callie back to Fla. and let her get her medical degree there.

• June Fleming says:

Finally!!! Can’t wait to hear Callie’s answer to Jim’s proposal!! It can still be a great show with them as a couple!!! They have great chemistry!!

9. Mel says:

Yay for the Glades coming back. I had forgotten completely about it. I’m really excited about TV this summer, quite a few of my favorites coming back – Switched at Birth, SYTYCD, Rizzoli & Isles, Covert Affairs, Suits, Franklin and Bash, Rookie Blue, Necessary Roughness, and True Blood. Also a few new ones that look interesting, Graceland, Motive, The Bridge, 72 Hours, and Under the Dome. Looks like enough to get me through till the fall.

10. Mike says:

Callie hot, so very hot

11. diane arnold says:

Please get rid of Callie….Love Jim…look forward to Marilu and Corbin.

12. Dory says:

Is the Glades moving to Monday nite? Anyone know? What show will take the Sunday slot?

13. carla says:

Yaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!! I can’t wait:)

14. PLEASE DON’T BREAK UP JIM AND CALLIE OR THE SHOW WILL BE RUINED. THEY ARE THE BEST COUPLE IN TV. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SEASON FOUR TO START AND WANT THEM TO STAY TOGETHER.

15. A PREVIEW OF SEASON FOUR LOOKED LIKE CALLIE MIGHT BREAK UP WITH JIM. DON’T DO THAT. IT WILL RUIN THE SHOW IF THEY DON’T STAY TOGETHER. IT IS MY FAVORITE SHOW.

• Dory says:

Great post Maxine as usual. If they (the writers) are stupid enough to do that, i feel there will be repercussions. i hope they learned from the Sam thing.

16. James says:

Callie is a whinny lil b#@ch. Kill her off or something. Get jim with jennifer!!

17. Dory says:

Can’t wait to see how Marilu will play Jims’ mom. The 1st 2 eps were fun. Enough T&A to satisfiy the most dedicated bikini watcher. Everyone looks great. Michelle Hurd looks fantastic. The new hairdo is gorgeous and OMG those cheekbones! I know the show is already written but I hope they have expanded her role. How about a lover. A really handsome one. Kieles’ new style of dress is great. Good luck cast. Jim is great as usual.

18. L. Gillies says:

I have loved the story lines of this program from the very beginning. I love the interaction of all actors. Especially Caillie and Jim. I have totally fallen in love with Jim. This man is totally sex personified! He has such a kissable mouth as noted in one of the episodes in Season 2. I have all 3 episodes and play them a lot. I think it is lovely that he is Australian as I am Canadian and have an Aussie daughter-in-law. I winter in Florida and would love to see them in person filming a show. It would be a highlight of my life. Also I do hope Daniel has a love interest soon! A Dedicated Watcher!

19. Max says:

The ones who don’t like Callie can watch another show. They are great together and I hope there will be a fifth season even if they get married. Jim is a one woman man and that is refreshing to see. It would be nice to have Sam come back long enough for him to give her the old heave ho and show her the door. The whole case is great. Bring on season five.

20. Max says:

Sunday was a better night for The Glades, but I will watch it no matter what night it comes on. Jim and Callie are super together. I love Jim’s technique with the suspects..

• Dory says:

Good post. I would not like to see Sam back. She’s a lousy actress. She ruined season 2. Whatever that was about I think we,re better off not knowing. I want to support the show and love the way the Callie/Jim romance is going

• Dory says:

Now that we know what was wrong I think we were better off not knowiing. Such unprofessional behavior has no place on a tv series. What goes on backstet is a private matter but when it effects the show it becomes the business of the fans who pay to see it.

21. Dory says:

Love the way Callie and Jim are going. Please don’y bring Sam back. She’s a lousy actor. She ruined season 2. What she was about we,re better off not knowing.

22. Max says:

You are right Dory. We do not need Sam on the show. She did ruin Season 2. Jim and Callie are great. I loved the ending of the last show with them and watching the game with popcorn. They are great together, I take back my statement about Sam. I am voting for Season 5 now.

23. Max says:

One more comment. Jim is the sexiest man on TV. He is adorable. Callie is perfect for him.

• Dory says:

Thanks Max. I’m glad someone else agrees. Jim is adorable and he and Callie are perfect. I especially liked the lap scene with those butterfly kisses. Sexy but comfortable

• Dory says:

Max by way of apology. I can understand the idea of bringing Sam back on. There was no closure on season 2 and that’s where it should of been. Instead the left him sinking to his knees and crying. I do ,however we should let it go and have that scene fade into the land of bad tv. THX again see you at season 4

24. Max says:

Please don’t let Ray put Callie and Jeff in danger. Jim and Callie need to stay together, along with Jeff. There can be a season five even if they get married. They are a super couple. Keep the show on the air.

25. Max says:

Jim is the sexiest man on TV. I think he is great. Callie is perfect for him.

26. Max says:

I thought I read The Glades would have a show where the cast would be dancing. That would really be neat. I hope that happens.

27. Ripley Quinn says:

Well, everyone, heads up – I finally found the box set of Season 3 on Amazon – numerous emails to A&E as to when it would be released got no response at all – I have the whole season and all the shows so far this season PVRd and it takes up most of my space. Can’t wait – season 3 should arrive this week – did a marathon of The Glades from 1st show this past week when laid up doing chemo – Jim sure makes it easier to handle – I will be devastated if this show ever ends …. please everyone lobby for Season 4 – please Matt – season 5 !!!

28. Dory says:

This am I made the mistake of going on A&E just to be nosy. The opinions were pretty much positive. However, when will I learn to ignore the cast twitters. I read a twitter with a couple of euphemisms I haven’t heard in years. I guess everyone can post as they please but YUCK.

29. Max says:

Still loving The Glades. It would be nice to see a short love scene between Jim and Callie once in a while. They need a little alone time, however, his parents will make things interesting. So will Ed Asner. I still love Jim and Callie and the show. I am also voting for Season 5. I also want to see the cast dancing. Keep the show going.

30. Max says:

When is Jim going to tell Callie about what Ray wants to do??? He needs to tell her so they can stop Ray from doing that. Jeff needs to stay with Callie and Jim. I guess this is to cause problems, but he needs to tell her. Don’t break them up.

31. Max says:

What are the writers doing???? Callie would never have given Darious that shot without checking the records. She is too committed to being a doctor and would never do that. Also, I hope her career does not get ruined or she loses Jeff. That would ruin her. I also hope the writers are not planning to kill her or Jeff. Ray is an idiot. They can get rid of him. Also, Callie has to know what is going on. Jim is between a rock and a hard place. He has to protect them. Don’t ruin this show please.

32. max says:

When is Jim going to tell Callie about Ray. He has to do this. We need to see the wedding and have a fifth season.

33. max says:

The writers have not done as good a job this year. However, it is still my favorite and Jim and Callie are my favorite couple. Jim never would have kept the information about Ray from her and she would never have worked on someone with a wound like that and hurt her career. Please have a fifth season. It sounds like the wedding might not take place. Ray is probably grabbing Jeff before the wedding. The series needs to be renewed and the writers should keep them together.

34. Grace tooke says:

I really enjoy the show please keep it going and many more seasons

35. Brodie says: