NCIS Shocker: Did Ziva [Spoiler]?! Watch Video

Get More: Recaps, Video

NCIS Car AccidentIt was the best of times, it was the worst of times for NCIS‘ “Tiva” fans on Tuesday night.

The pair traveled to Berlin to hunt down Ilan Bodnar, yet found time for lighter moments amid their dark agenda — including “diamond shopping,” dancing (punctuated by a meaningful Eli flashback) and, yes, hand-holding. And that’s where the fun ended.

RELATED | Is Cote de Pablo Leaving NCIS?

In the final seconds of the episode, Tony and Ziva — now back in the States — got broadsided/Michael Vaughned by a car. Cut to an image of Tony’s bloody hand reaching out for Ziva’s motionless hand….

Holy cliffhanger, Batman!

Watch/rewatch the shocking final scene below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories/fears! (Oh, and in case you were wondering — Cote de Pablo has not inked a new deal for next season yet.)

Loading video...

Want more scoop on NCIS, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (356)

• The show will never be the same without Ziva. Hope she or Tony doesn’t die.

Comment by Ellie – April 24, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK. I’m not asking for it, but what if Ducky has a Heart Attack upon learning of the crash? That would be an unexpected twist.

But I see a change to either Tony or Ziva. Perhaps a disability or perhaps a marriage which requires one or the other to resign or transfer to a different unit.

Comment by Marshall – April 24, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt that. I honstly think they just did it mostly for scare. I don’t think eirther one of them would have a disabilty or transfer to another unit especially if they get married, that would be worse tan the crash because they would be separated and the whole point if for them to be together not far apart.,

Comment by Jamie French – April 24, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please.. No one is going to die! I hate that television shows do this- they fat foward to a casket and ducky pulling out a body, please we all know the person who died is the person who hit ziva and tony, and well somekne be important To NCIS, hence why ducky would be doing the autopsy .. Vote de Pablo did sign her 2013 contract the ones who haven’t yet are tony, McGee, and Abby!

Comment by McGee lover – April 24, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think either of them are dead. We are just expected to think that. Ziva may just be more seriously hurt than Tony. Better the killer thinks she is dead than tries again.

Comment by Jean – April 24, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heard what had happened before I was actually able to watch it.Tony and Ziva are the only reason I watch this show. For as much as I am hurting right now I have mixed feelings about what could have happened.. I am so devastated about what went on in this episode. I can’t belive that this is real. I still am not able to watch the full episode. Although I may think I need to just so I can get the detalils to see what really happened, I honestly don’t think Ziva died because there is too much open space between her and Tony, Plus I was thinking about it,the show would lose all it’s ratings and they would have to cancel the show because of their stupidiy. There is no NCIS without them, especially now after the fact that Tony was about to tell her is true feelings for her. So I really don’t think they would have killed her off. There would have been talk before about how it was going to be her last season. They usually do that. They don’t kill off on of the main characters if they will continue on through the next season, and i think she did. All they wanted to do was scare the crap out of us Tony and ZIva fans, just to get our reaction and they wanted to tortue us and obviously it has worked.

Comment by Jamie French – April 24, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i will not watch another episode if tony and ziva are killed off. i have already complained many times because they killed off the guy that taught gibbs everything he knows and i just can’t think of his name right now. darn. but he was such a great character. was hoping they would write him back in a plot that only he and gibbs knew about, something really clandestine. what’s his name !!?? but we have waited too long to see tony and ziva connect.

Comment by Lois Wallace – April 24, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will NEVER watch Ncis again if they kill Tony or Ziva!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Martin – April 24, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw the T-Bone coming & yelled NOOOOOOOO!! Especially ZIVA!! IMO,she is the hottest woman on TV! Tony is a dork but I love his doofus character. Not sure they really belong together intimately but as teammates they are awesome.

Comment by Kip – April 24, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do NOT TAKE ZIVA OFF SHOW
    IT WILL RUIN THE SHOW
    PAY HER WHAT EVER SHE WANTS.

Comment by Mary whatley – April 24, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would suggest or wonder if the fact that Cote’s/Ziva’s lack of contract has been made public is to ADD to the interest in the show. If so, it worked. If not, it is a remarkable coincidence.

Rule39: There is no such thing as coincidence.

Just sayin’…

Comment by Winston C. Freebish – April 24, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • there are manystore lines,Gibbs is the main charter,he will get the person that killed vances wife, ziba father she will return, along w/ tony

Comment by eddie shephers – April 24, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really Writers?! You are so lazy and predictable. ANY TIME people are shown in a car for more than 25 secounds on TV these days you can COUNT ON the car that their in being t-boned. ALWAYS! So boring and predictable.

Comment by Michael – April 24, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NCIS had had hundreds (if not more) scenes of characters while driving in a car with no accident… I remember many of Tony and McGee driving and getting some very funny scenes… i even remember Tony and Kate driving with no accidents…. those people are in their cars all the time on this show!

Comment by Carol – April 24, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are so right! Always predictable.

Comment by Clairene – April 30, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the suv was trying to run over them a hit man was behind the wheel that is person in bodybag looked like the suv at parking garage and the suv watching gibbs&magee

Comment by you know who – April 24, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pay Cote de Pablo anything, but don’t let her be killed. Definitely wasn’t expecting that car crash.

Comment by Norman – April 24, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • According to a spoiler article posted Weds. 4/24…both Tony and Ziva will be in the final 3 episodes…stating that we will see Ziva and Tony closer in ways we never thought possible! Looking forward to next week!!

Comment by Tony – April 24, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Advertisers just love to have us viewers sitting on the edge of our futons. I don’t think they want to lose the chemistry that’s built up to this point by killing any major characters. I think Ziva will lose her hearing and/or have a loooooong recovery …. it would give Tony and Ziva time to be together without technically being “coworkers” so no breaking Rule #12…. lol

Comment by giveuspaws – April 25, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What does Cote de Pablo mean when she says things will get “messy” between Tony and Ziva?! I hope it’s not messy like Aaliyah. I hope its messy like they are covering each other in syrup and licking it off. And I just don’t understand how anyone can talk seriously about a “moonlighting curse” when NCIS is in Season X and going strong. A simple kiss for TIVA fans can’t derail all that.

Comment by Amanda – April 24, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok here is how it is going to play out.. Ziva will be in a coma for awhile she decides to stay with NCIS or leave she will have flashbacks to her dad and he will visit her in her coma to give her clues to where she can find the bad guy. While Tony waits for her to awake he refuses to leave but Gibbs has to step in and tell him that he has to help her by getting the bad guy for her… The bad guy will try and end her life while she is in the hospital THEN she will wake up just as the bad guy is about to kill her!!!! OK DONE!!!

Comment by Rhonda – April 24, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Ziva leaves I’m moving on to another show. Ten years is long but I love this group.

Comment by Kathy – April 24, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leave Ziva and Ducky ALONE. As far as that, any of the others can go. However, to meddle with a good ensemble cast would be really dumb, and CBS is the last of the “Big three” to have any sense (or decent ratings) at all.

Comment by Kat Dudley – April 24, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Tony and Ziva…. but make Ziva Ziva again. Not Ziva-ish. The occasional Hebrew, ok. But make her who she was. THAT’s what helped make the show.

Comment by Tikvah – April 24, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Make Ziva a little rough around the edges again. A Mossad agent with a heart of gold. She’s a “Sabra.” That phrase is used for people born in Israel. It is a cactus that’s prickly on the outside, but sweet on the inside. :)

Comment by Tikvah – April 24, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS has always nailed its audiences because key characters get killed. Kate, Jenny, Mike, Ducky’s Token MA ( I forget his name ) and now one of the dynamic duo?? I sure hope Ziva is not dead. I love watching her walk…

Comment by M. Smith – April 24, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kick her down the $$$$$$$$$$ she has earned it. She goes I’m done with the show. She isnt the lead actor/actress but she is right there with tony.

Comment by ted r – April 24, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only skimmed the text and missed the “Michael Vaughned” but when I watched it, that was exactly what I was thinking.

Comment by Jenn – April 24, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Theory: she lives, then gets “killed” in a fire fight. A season later we find out she was alive the whole time, but had to go into hiding.

Comment by Jenn – April 24, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode was without a doubt the best all season long and I look forward to the remaining episode to see the conclusion of the best season yet. Mark, Michael, Cote, Pauley, Sean, Rocky, David and Brian make for a fantastic group of actors that create a dynamic program. I hope that Cote signs on for Season 11.

Comment by Jimmy Proffitt – April 24, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, after years of anticipation and reluctant psatience Tony and Zeva finally begin to cross the threshold of their relationship and then this.? Bravo. It was a jaw dropping season closer but in all honesty if they kill Zeva or Tony I honestly cannot imagine continuing the show as a viewer, I would be beyond crushed and devastated. I pray that they both survive and are able to find the culprits behind this whole evil plot.

Comment by Esther – April 24, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey CBS , keep writing episodes for Muse Watson…. like in a Gibbs dream or something.
    Mike Franks is the best !

Comment by bill – April 24, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anyone questioning next week’s trailer stating ‘the final three episodes? Is this the last season?????

Comment by Kate – April 24, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is the final three episodes of this season. Cote de Pablo is the only cast member left to be signed; this means all the others have been signed for (drum roll) the next season!

Comment by Kevin – April 24, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think what most people miss about this show (and, for that matter, many others) is it’s there for your entertainment. And I don’t know about you guys, but when I find a show I greatly enjoy like this one, I want it to last as long as possible. I crave new episodes. The corollary to this is I despise “story enders” because they mean an ending. I want as many great stories as possible crammed into as many episodes as possible.

So, to get to my point: there is no rush here! :D The best part is not the destination, but the journey. It’s obviously going somewhere, but what’s the harm in more entertainment meanwhile?

I’ve had similar disagreements with other viewers of How I Met Your Mother in the past – everyone’s like “SHOW US THE MOTHER!” and I’m like “Why now? There are so many great stories to be had.” In the end, you’ll have more scenes, more stories, more episodes to entertain you on rainy summer nights at 1:00 in the morning.

Comment by Kevin – April 24, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love NCIS I really love all the cast members but I will really b upset if Tony or Ziva Dies in the car crash, I was upset when Kate was shot Jen was killed in the shot out when Mike was killed an when Duckey had a Heart attack ,but I did not stop watching the show an when Vince wife got killed but I really hope it just a twist in the story an they r but yet alive !

Comment by Gail Swafford – April 24, 2013 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think either of them will die or be off the show. I know – Rule 51 – I can be wrong.
    I also realize the accident was the big deal of the episode, but how awesome was Marina Sirtis ♥ – even though she is kinda the “enemy” now.

Comment by kirads09 – April 25, 2013 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you watched the previews for the next episode they actually slipped up and showed tony close to the end shooting at someone

Comment by natalia – April 25, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please no. They are so good on that show. Don’t mess with it!

Comment by Michael Pesire – April 25, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some people need to learn the make and models of the vehicles. One person said she saw the green Durango coming at tony and ziva. It was a black chevy suburban. I think tony was able to get out of the Cadillac he was driving and go over to the black suburban and kill whomever was in it. That’s who is on the slab in duckys morgue. That’s just my opinion and what I’d like to see happen. I wanna see Tony and ziva get it on.

Comment by Troy D – April 25, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess everyone forgot when they killed the director off. And losing Kate was terrible. but you never know what can happen. Just hang on to your seats!

Comment by Betsy – April 25, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I it was I would fake both their deaths to throw to person off guard and no none of them died.

Comment by mctweed – April 25, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First, I absolutely LOVE NCIS!! I make sure that my family is fed by the time the show comes on. If they aren’t, then they’ll have to wait another hour! :) Second, I’ve read several of the comments and I am beginning to think that I am the only one who doesn’t want a Tony/Ziva union. There have been too many shows which “jump the shark” when two characters with a lot of sexual tension become a couple. The intrigue goes away and the story becomes boring. Also, if a “couple” is formed, one of them would have to leave the team. It would be too dangerous and make them more vulnerable. This a strong, no-holds-barred, take-no-crap team, there is no room for vulnerability. A relationship that intense would change everything. With all that being said, I foresee that IF a relationship develops between Tony and Ziva, that it could possibly go the way of the Jenny/Jethro relationship. Something will happen and the two will break up and trust issues will set in. I would really love to see something that no one is expecting, something unpredictable, something that hasn’t been done before or “over” done. I may get a lot of comments, I ask that they not be mean, or degrading. It’s just that this is an amazing show and I don’t want it to fall into a rut that it can’t get out of. Eleven seasons just aren’t enough! ;)

Comment by Dawn – April 25, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok that was WOW. But I know they were not killed of the show, because the show got renewed for a eleventh season with both Tony and Ziva!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Marina – April 26, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think when one dies it is ziva because tony has signed a contract for two years and not ziva !! So if one dies i think then is it unfotunately ziva :(

Comment by tiva – April 26, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great ending – finally, some much needed TIVA DRAMA !! Nobody will die, however, I wouldn’t be surprised if in car crash Ziva loses her memory and all the ZIVA that we have craved and waited for – will go down the drain….. OMG or worse – they will fake Ziva is dead and that will anger poor Tony, once he finds out.. I fear we will never get our beloved Tiva..

Comment by stacey – April 26, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hate the thought of anyone in the group dying off, but to me the one who make that show is mainly Gibbs, If he left then yeah I would stop watching, Gibbs is the show, I love Tiva and hope neither of them die, CBS give her what she is asking for, you know it will be worth it down the road

Comment by Mary L Davis – April 26, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screamed and cried! Don’t want to see Tony or Ziva to die. Love NCIS and don’t want any more characters to leave.

Comment by Ava – April 27, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should Ziva or Tony die in the crash, I don’t believe I’ll ever be able to watch my beloved NCIS again.

Comment by Diane – April 27, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can anyone give me the name of the lady playing the director of Massad?

Comment by Kathy Williams – April 28, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched NCIS from the beginning and I love the show, as well as the cast. I have been hoping for quite a long time that Tony and Ziva would become a couple…so much chemistry between them. I am not sure if I wil continue to watch if Ziva’s character is killed off.

Comment by patsi archie – April 29, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched ncis from the start a lot of people come and go but if ziva goes I will not watch another show really come on.

Comment by mart – April 29, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi am all for team tiva i like them both she don’t deserve to die

Comment by Kristina – April 29, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the show has the best cast ever hope they leave it the way it is

Comment by doris – April 29, 2013 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Michael Vaughned” I love you for using an Alias reference as a verb!

Comment by Bellamy – April 29, 2013 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get rid of Ziva or Duckie and I’m through with NCIS. I’ve tolerated Tony’s deliberate and stupid sexist crap for years (NO Govt. agency would keep him around with the new sexual harassment laws). Ziva is a kick ass warrior, totally believable with her background in Mossad AND could do way better than Tony… AND YET, he becomes “different” when just they are on a case together, almost grown up, human and caring. Tony’s hazing of Mc Gee has become boring too.. Gibbs is no prize either, BUT, it’s a fine ensemble cast – if it ain’t broke DON’T **FIX IT**.

Comment by hydra – April 30, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think you’re being fair to the entire cast. Ziva’s role has helped save Tony from himself.

Comment by Clairene – April 30, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post