Nashville Hot Shots: Rayna and Juliette Get Nominated While Avery Gets a Huge Break

As if Nashville‘s Rayna and Juliette didn’t already have enough of a rivalry, they’re both nominated for Country Music Association awards in the May 8 episode (ABC, 10/9c). Edgehill throws them a party to celebrate the honor, and that’s when the real fun starts.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including NashvilleThe Vampire DiariesOnceGlee and More!

Click through the gallery below to see what goes down at the bash, which features a performance by Juliette and… Avery?! (Perhaps that roadie gig was a good move, after all.)

While you’re at it, peruse some pics from the May 1 installment; Will figures prominently in them — and given the new hunk’s taste for danger, we’re thinking it’s not a great idea for Gunnar to ride that bike anywhere near his new neighbor.

Take a look at the shots, then hit the comments: Do you want to see Avery as a permanent part of Juliette’s band? And is Will a good or bad influence on Gunnar?

Tags: ,

Comments (21)

• Man, I do not like that Will guy..

Comment by Norwegian-girl – April 22, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will is bad news bears…

Comment by Alisa – April 22, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They can slap a big ol’ cowboy hat on him, but every time I see that guy, all I can hear is “Welcome to the O.C., bitch!”

Comment by wordsmith – April 22, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Glad I’m not the only one!

Comment by Mary – April 22, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you knoew avery had to play for Juliette once Deacon left the band… while he seems “better” since his amazing deal fell through, I think his attitude and her tantrums make a nice fit. As for the new guy – who doesn’t think he won’t make a move on Charolette? the bro-mance between him and Gunner will fail in 3….2….1….

Comment by RUCookie – April 22, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have to disagree, I think he’s going to try it on with Gunnar.

Comment by Martin – April 22, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This was my first thought!

Comment by Toni – April 23, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think Will is somewho responsible for Gunnar’s brothers death.

Comment by Lisa – April 23, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve strangely been wanting Avery and Juliette to happen since the first episode. Also, he’s probably Juliette’s new guitarist since Deacon bailed on her.

Comment by Jaime – April 22, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does it irritate anyone else how the writers so wholeheartedly hero worship Rayna? It’s like she hung the moon. Everyone just goes on and on about how perfect Rayna is, she can do no wrong while Juliette is villainized by everyone for waking up in the morning. Don’t get me wrong, Juliette does stupid things and deserves to be called out sometimes but it’s like she’s called out for everything and Rayna never is. In my opinion Juliette is by far the more interesting character and the only one wroth rooting for.

Comment by dude – April 22, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t disagree with you, but I do feel like there’s something to be said for Rayna’s seniority. I mean, as far as we know, this is the first time that she’s ever really had any trouble with the label, she and her husband were steady up until now, and she has far more experience in the business than Juliette. She’s built up years of experience and has a solid reputation.

Juliette gets called out a lot because she’s young and has made some big mistakes with her career recently. She’s the new guard; Rayna’s the establishment. I think they’re both interesting characters – this is my favorite drama, by far – and I think the writers treat them this way because of the back-stories that they have established.

Comment by Lime – April 22, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think you’re right. And I also think that they are both interesting characters

Comment by Natalie – April 22, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay you are missing something vital here: think in the “real world” music scene (heck you can look at actors/actresses too)… the ones that have been around forever, they have done everything, been everywhere, and their image is rock solid. They are given alot of leeway, they can do many things that maybe dance on the line of oopies and no one says a word or blinks an eye. But many of the up and comers… heck some that are super popular or super famous as of this minute are scrutinized for every single little thing they do. Because they are now, they are the ones being watched and picked at constantly. If you think about some of those folks in the tabloids (Lohan, Spears, Prince Henry) they are there because their identities are not as solid yet, they haven’t ‘paid their dues’ yet. Take someone like Drew Barrymore… look at all of the mess from her childhood after ET but look at her now, she is one of the queens of Hollywood. I think it takes a certain amount of time and maturity to pass the point where everyone is always watching you. So using that in the context of the show… Rayna has earned her right to be where she is… and Juliette hasn’t yet.

Comment by H.Houston – April 22, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Rayna is far from being portrayed as perfect. She just has different issues than Juliette. Both are flawed characters. That’s what makes it interesting. I love Rayna , but I think that’s mostly because of Ms Britton. To quote Andy Swift “It goes without saying that we’d watch Connie Britton star on a TV show about paint drying”. true.

Comment by *S (@chanel_and_punk) – April 22, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too much Scarlett/Gunnar. The show would do well to get rid of, or severely limit those two if they get another season.

Kind of intrigued with the Juliette/Avery stuff.

Comment by c0rinne – April 22, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Noooooooooooooooooooo! I don’t care about Gunnar, but I love Scarett. Leave her alone!

Comment by Marcie – April 22, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Too much Scarlett & Gunnar? Noooooooo….. they need to get those two front and center and have them on the come-up… I like watching their trails to get that brass ring. They need to involve Deacon more with them and Rayna too. Maybe those two will work themselves back together (hint hint)….

Comment by sladewilson – April 22, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Rayna Vs Juilette and less Juilette and her mom problem and same goes for Rayna & Teddy problems. Can they please get rid of teddy, he annoys me more then avery.

More Decon & Scarlett too please.

I’m getting a vibe that Will might be gay or bi and I don’t mind that at all, please lets get some LGBT on Nashville.

And even tho I am not crazy over this show, I would like a season 2 and on sundays and move Revenge back to this time slot or to Thursday with Scandal.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – April 22, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean we won’t have a new episode until May 8th?

Comment by Lisa – April 22, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I am being nit picky here, but when you wrote “peruse some pics from the May 1 installment” did you mean the actual definition of the word peruse? Or did you just mean browse through?

Comment by W. – May 8, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post