Glee Renewal Twist: Fox Orders Season 5 and 6

Glee Renewed Season 5 and 6There’ll be no raining on Rachel Berry’s parade, not for another two years anyway.

In a surprise twist, Fox has renewed Glee for not one but two more seasons.

RELATED | Glee Shocker: Someone’s About to Propose!

The pickup ensures that the musical-comedy will be around through Season 6.

In a statement accompanying the announcement, Fox president Kevin Reilly credited exec producers Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Ian Brennan, Dante DiLoreto “and the entire Glee team” for delivering “a series that not only delights and surprises fans, but also inspires them to talk about, share, debate and engage with the show… I’m absolutely thrilled to have them on board for another two seasons.”

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect today’s surprising development.

Thoughts? Relieved you won’t have to endure any bubble anxiety next year at this time? Does Glee have enough life in it to carry it through two more seasons? Hit the comments!

1. Jenna says:

Okay everyone- if you don’t blindly love every storyline and character Glee has, then you MUST leave. No one is allowed to post intelligent comments about how the show could be better or give their opinion. Opinions don’t matter. If you disgree with something you are just a hater or a whiner. How dare you read something about a show when you aren’t completely satisfied with it. Ryan Murphy can do whatever he wants and we will like and support him no matter what. That sounds perfect doesn’t it?

2. Watch next season start going downward on ratings making like 4/3 million and then FOX will be sorry for renewing ahead of time.

3. Babygate says:

I wonder if they will regret this decision considering how much the ratings have nose-dived this season. If they are smart, they will move it back to Tuesdays. Glee can’t compete with Grey’s Anatomy and they do share an audience.

4. Gage says:

I actually think next season will be really good! Ryan Murphy said that he’s doing something completely different than he’s ever done next year and he will be focusing on one specific story line for most of next season. I think that story line will be Rachel’s transfer into broadway considering she got a callback for fanny Brice in funny girl on Thursday night’s episode. Maybe this means they will move the entire show to NYC.

• Fernanda says:

Perhaps, but since the renewal news maybe he keeps doing storylines between Ohio and NY and We could see the 2nd generation of gleeks graduating from Lima High. But Glee in NY only could be another SMASH. Don’t get me wrong, I love both shows.
      I want to see April Rhodes again next season.

• Emma says:

I would honestly rather see the new class of Glee mature like the last class. I want to see where life takes them in the end. It’s almost time for Brittany, Sam, Tina, and Artie to graduate, why not give them the same treatment as the others the opportunity to come back and mentor a NEXT group. I haven’t found this show disinteresting as of yet.

5. brendan says:

Saw this on facebook and laughed. What a joke. The only thing keeping this show alive is the revenue from the music. Without that, it would be canceled easily

6. glee'k 4ever says:

faut s’arrêter glee c’est la meilleure série du monde c’est trop coool qu’ils l’ai renouvelé

7. glee'k 4ever says:

So cooool!

8. AcuraT says:

In other news… Oxygen has not made a decision on the Glee Project. As of April 8th, no decision was made. Now that this decision was made, Oxygen will have to make up its mind soon as production begins in May if they do it.

9. Emma says:

I am and forever will be a die-hard Gleek. I like what they’re doing with the new cast. Rachel has graduated and now it’s time for Marley to shine. I just pray that they don’t pull the Degrassi move, meaning they don’t start to have nonsense plots rotating weekly fighting to keep the flame going. When the show dies, let it die a peaceful death and go out with a bang.

10. Becca says:

puckleberry

11. sean cowman says:

wow! will you all stop complaining! and the person that said naya and lea will be the only two who will do well out of glee, and saying amber and dianna will do nothing! thats so wrong by the way. amber has got a recording contract (which she deserves). nobody else has one, only her. lea will do well in this and for a few years after, but not forever (same with naya). amber will be around for ages selling records, albums and tours. dianna is too busy with other projects in order to be apart of this current season. so your statement is wrong! #gleek4life #wewantmercedesinseason5

12. Chloe says:

Glee is awesome and they should do 12 seasons from Chloe Davies

13. Jenelle Arellanes says:

I am soooo glad glee is coming back.. I am HOOKED! Love it! Last summer I rented the DVDs for the whole first 3 seasons and am glad I can continue to see it!

14. Zoe says:

Oh god, why?! Fox has no reason to keep Glee going. At all. Just please let it die.

15. gleefanatic says:

I can’t believe there ending it. I love every single season. Chris colfer and Darren criss are my idols. I adore them and I hope they get engaged in season 5. That will be awesome! I dont want this show to end. But if it does I still get to watch it. Thanks to Netflix!

16. liam says:

at the end of the day its a show about music , i dont care what characters are in it or what story lines are going on i just like listening to the songs and i feel the program is no different than when it started. I just dont see why people complain at everything i mean its not just glee its like every show on tv

17. Lilly says:

Okay…I am a glee fan all they way and not just cause I am a music major with big dreams but because when I was absolutely in my worst moments this show gave me something to hold on to and believe in…I realize that it’s a show that someone wrote to make money…but it gives me and people like me the strength and the courage to jump off the cliff into the sea of hopes and dreams that otherwise would just die…this show is like an epic viewing of my life and the lives of so many other people…it truly tries to capture real life in a funny and usually helpful way…I’ve done so much more than I ever dreamed I would just by watching and identifying with this show…now in a year or so ill be releasing my album when before this show I’d still be just a server in a mom and pop restaurant singing to the grass outside on my lunch break…so for those of you who don’t like the show…cool great that’s whatever but don’t be rude and hateful cause those of us who do like it are entitled to our opinion just as you are

18. Danny says:

I don’t understand how this keeps getting new seasons and Smash got cancelled.

19. shay says:

I watch this show and I love it I’m so glad we get two more seasons

20. Santianne says:

Come on people ! Have faith a little. I love this show since its beginning, every single part of it, even season 4. And yes I loved the former seasons a little more, and yes I love the original cast members a little more, but it doesn’t mean you have to hate anything new they’re trying to add. When people just decide they will hate something without actually waiting to see if it’s gonna be ok or not, it really upsets me.

Please wait until you see seasons 5 and 6 before hating them. So yeah they messed up a little this season, but they’re trying to fix it, they’re not blind or deaf, they realize how much they disappointed a lot of us. They’re trying to fix their mistakes, and who knows ? Maybe the next seasons will become your favorite and season 4 will remain the worst ? It’s not because it has been weaker this year that it is gonna die. Give them a second chance.

With the graduation of the original characters, it has been a little hard to actually understand what people wanted, just them, or stay in McKinley, or everyone in NY, or add new kids…? So they tried a lot of stuff this season and I believe they learned from their mistakes and will do their best to bring back the magic and satisfy everyone :) The fact that they split the year in two seasons was a really smart move, now we can see more of every character, in different places, and I believe the storylines will get deeper again. Please watch season 5 before deciding it’s gonna suck. Don’t stop believing :)

21. tasha says:

gleeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
    glee is my guilty pleasure
    I love it sooo much
    I’m always excited to come home and watch it and some times I watch the reruns

22. ky says:

I’m gonna get mad and scream a lot. This show was like my life. I always try to be good and not to get grounded for I can watch this show. You person please keep it going and think of all the viewers that will be mad at you.

23. I loved the glee. And so ready for the other two season to come.

• Jamie04 says:

Me too! The show is fantastic and obviously that’s why it was renewed for 2 more seasons. Not many shows get that kind of deal. If FOX didn’t believe in it, they would say so. Haters gonna hate!

24. Jackie says:

^ I love glee and its twistt but it couldve ben better written i agree but glee has ben predictable lately
    Welp my opinion ❌⭕❌⭕💋

25. payal says:

i luv glee…but i don’t wan’t to see the characters from season4…but i really want more of klaine, and santana and finchel….plz come up wid sum interesting episodes….

26. lauren says:

Whats is going to happen now finn is sadly dead. will it be cancelled? plz tell me all u know

• Kim says:

My thoughts exactly. He was one of the super main characters…

• Midori says:

It’s not going to get canceled. They will just have to explain it on the show that he saidly died from a car crash or something.

However his body isn’t even cold yet and we are worrying about the show? Let his friends and loved ones grieve.

27. Bob says:

Finn is dead. Cancel the show.

28. Amber says:

Honestly, im THRILLED the shows on still! i would go nuts without glee!!! Although, it will NEVER be the same without Finn, i repeat NEVER!!! but i still would go nuts without Glee, and i just wanted rachel and finn to get back together soo badly!! i wish they got back together before it happend…..

29. Trisha says:

Will there still be Glee even though Cory Monteith died ? :-(

30. I love Glee♥.. I want to be part of the glee cast,but i don’t know how… I can Sing,dance and i love acting.. I hope somebody help me.. Thanks.. GleekForever♥

31. Ankita says:

Sam needs a haircut pronto!!!!! I hate it……

32. Becca says:

GLEE SHOULD NEVER END IT CHANGED MY VIEWS ON LIFE AND IT SHOWED ME THE THINGS THAT I LIVE IN LIFE

33. Becca says:

Ive always wanted to be an actor on glee and now its goinf to end ill never have the chance?! Thats not fair and glee is a part of me i feel a strong connection to the show

34. Charis Hiley says:

Awesome!!! I love this show. I can’t wait till it comes back on. I was so hurt and sad about Cory passing. The show did a wonderful tribute to him. Thank you. This show has made me cry, laugh, ball, sing and many other things. Thank you for such a wonderful opportunity to be able to watch it.