Doctor Who Season Finale to Reveal [Spoiler]

Doctor Who Season 7 Finale SpoilersAs Doctor Who barrels toward its 50th anniversary in November, BBC America previously teased, “the Doctor’s oldest secret threatens to be revealed.”

And now we have a name for that secret. Or, we will get one.

RELATED | Doctor Who: David Tennant, Billie Piper On Board for 50th Anniversary Special

Per a new poster just revealed for the series, “The Name of the Doctor” is the subject of the Season 7 finale, which also brings back Alex Kingston as River Song.

“Stand by for something that you might always have believed to be impossible…,” BBC America said in releasing the poster/finale title.

Season 7 continues this Saturday with Episode 10, “Hide,” in which the Doctor joins a ghost hunt when something terrifying is found hiding in Caliburn House.

RELATED | Is Doctor Who‘s New Companion Too Cute for Words? And More TV Qs!

Do you think the Time Lord’s proper moniker will in fact at long last be revealed — including to us, the audience versus, say, whispered in Clara’s pretty ear? If so, under what circumstances? And is the smart money on it being John a la Sex and the City‘s Mr. Big?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

“AMCPress,” while we appreciate your appreciation of our work, we are not a co-publisher. At some point it’d be nice to actually comment on the articles and engage in a discussion here on site.

• Delete the comment, Matt. It’s just a cheap way to get hits to their website.

• Bob says:

Isn’t there a way you can sue them for republishing copyrighted material?

• Geri says:

They’re not republishing the whole article, just a tease with a link to ew.com. That would likely fall under “fair use”.

That said, their comments here are completely useless, so if I were Matt, I’d delete the comment.

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com says:

“Reblogging” is totally legit as part of the WordPress platform from which we publish this site called TVLine. I’m just saying, throw us a comment bone once in a while!

• CJ says:

Totally agree! Talk smart about TV, people!

• explorerofhistory2 says:

Where does it say copyright? I don’t see copyright anywhere, so leave amcpress alone.

• Fan of tvline.com says:

At the very bottom of this page “Copyright © 2013 TVLine Media, LLC. All rights reserved.”… Anyhow you don’t need to claim copyright for it to exist in the US since 1989 and the enactement of the 1988 Berne Convention Implementation act.

• Fan of Who says:

When will the doctors daughter return because I think she might be Clara?

• We never saw the doctor’s daughter (other than a genetic “clone” child in “The Doctor’s Daughter”), you might be thinking his Grand daughter Susan Foreman? And I highly doubt that Moffat would make Clara the Doctor’s daughter since he tried so hard to make us feel an “exceptional” romantic connection between them.
        She COULD be the futur mother of his child that, in some timey, whimey kind of way would make her Susan’s grandmother? But it might be too complicated to accomplish.

• Melanie says:

Rule number 1 – The Doctor lies….he can lie about his name too; except on the field on Trenzalore

• Mrs N Daines says:

The thing I noticed was when Cara read the Time War book, she ‘recognised’ his name… This leads me to think it’ll be a well known name from Earths history…
      Cara… ‘so THAT’S who you are’!!!!!!
      Personally i’d love his name to be revealed, I loved Moffats twists so far and enjoy the moment when things are revealed..

1. If it will be whispered in anyone’s ear it will be River… You know, because she knows his name

• Dreamrose says:

I’m with you on this one, theqitfiles51. The Doctor’s only going to give his name to River. She’s the only one who needs to know, since she already knew it when he first met her at the Library. *We* don’t even need to know. Honestly, I don’t think we’re going to come out of that finale knowing it, and I think it might be better that way.

• Maggie says:

Yes, it will be River. In “Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead” she knew his name. Since River’s timeline is going in the opposite direction of The Doctor’s, when he reveals his name to River, it means she’s going back to the Library. It’s the first tme The Doctor ever meets River, but she dies. (Not a spoiler, since those episodes first aired about 5 years ago.)

• Ali says:

ah, but River didn’t die, she was saved by the computer. there’s a chance her coming back is because she gets downloaded into the world again. TA DA! (wishful thinking? maybe, maybe not)

• Lee says:

River died in the library. Her consciousness was transferred to the library computers…but she is most assuredly dead.

• Rosa King says:

Thats not strictly true though is it.
        The doctor has already met river as mel regenerating into River in let’s kill Hitler
        And maybe when she was a baby if the switch happened early enough

• Lee says:

He met her across the timeline at various points of her life as 11…but the first time he met her was when he was 10 and she died…converging timelines and all. It’s wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff…hard to follow…

2. “On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a Question will be asked, a question that must never, ever be answered.”

• Emily says:

If it weren’t likely another Steven Moffat “I’m so clever” episode, I’d be more excited. I honestly thought they wouldn’t even broach the subject until it came time for Matt Smith’s exit (you know, fall of the Eleventh and all), but he’s obviously not exiting right now. But if he “dies” again or “falls” tripping on a banana peel or it’s a metaphor for the autumn of his eleventh incarnation, I will be really annoyed.

Although if it’s opposite day in Trenzalore and the Doctor sprouts wings and flies, I might be okay with that.

• taran63 says:

How is it obvious he’s not leaving? Has anything been announced? I remember once hearing that Matt Smith wanted to stay at least until the 50th anniversary, which this is, but I never heard if he would be staying past that.

• William says:

Is says he has to answer – it doesn’t say who to…

• Brian says:

Yeah, everyone keeps missing the key point in this dialogue: Every LIVING creature. What about a dead one, or an undead one?

3. Nessie says:

We definitely won’t get to hear the name. Even if they wanted to, nothing could live up to the hype. He’s the Doctor and always will be.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

What if it’s “Nessie,” though?

• Fan of Who says:

1)When will the doctors daughter return because I think she might be Clara?
      2)Also, unless the doctor’s name is actually “the doctor”, it should never be told as how awkward would it be to see othe characters calling him “Dave”/”Bob” or some other name instead of “the doctor”

• Philers says:

also it would be awkward if Clara was his daughter :S. I mean they’ve kissed and all… Unless people think its ok because she may or may not be the same as Oswin Oswald and/or Clara Oswald (Nanny)

• Philers says:

What if (let me blow your mind):

Doctor: ”My name is…”
      *Clara and River observe in utter shock*
      ”Oswin.”
      *Regenerates into Clara before the two stunned girls*
      (To River) ”Hello sweetie!”

This would tots make it worth it!

Or Foreman (get it?)

4. Remember how in Kill Bill, Bill would always call The Bride “Kiddo”, then at the end we learn that was not a nickname but her actual name?

The Doctor’s name is Sweetie. The answer, to the question, is hidden in plain sight…

5. I don’t think we’ll actually hear the name. (After all, “The Next Doctor” didn’t actually introduce us to the next Doctor.) As Dreamrose pointed out, River is the only one we know of who actually knows his name, so I suspect it may just involve the Doctor finally telling her. And to be honest, I’m not sure I even want to know his name. I like the mystery. I’m sure any actual name would not live up to the expectations/anticipation that has been built up over the last 50 years.

• Alan says:

no way in hell would they ever even think of revealing his name; its the equivalent to any other tv show making references to some weird event, if the event was ever shown onscreen it would never live up to whats been said before.

6. Poppy says:

These are the first rational comments I’ve seen on this episode. People on facebook are freaking out, but honestly I don’t think they are going to reveal the name of the Doctor. I agree with the others who’ve said they think the name will be whispered to someone. Or the episode will end right before the name is said.

7. BTM says:

Unless it was just a school nickname, his name was revealed to be Theta Sigma many years ago by Drax.

8. Yayyyy ! Welcome back River Song!

9. If The Master can have a proper name, so can the Doctor.

• Maggie says:

The Master used the name Harold Saxon, just like The Doctor uses the name John Smith. It would be funny it those really were their names.

10. TeacherWho says:

How do we know that his name is what River whispered to the Doctor to get him to trust her? Remember rule 1 – “the Doctor lies.”

11. Flaw says:

Actually, the name was already supossedly whispered to someone. River song, on The Wedding of River Song. The Doctor whispers something to her al later tells her that was his name, so she should already know.
    About this episode in particular, I don´t think they´ll say it, and it´s better that way, it wouldn´t be “doctor who?” anymore

• Marie says:

The Doctor did not tell River his name in The Wedding of River Song, he told her to look into his eye, and then we saw that he was inside the robot. He lied (rule #1) when he said that he had told her his name.

• H. Burton says:

The whole “look into my eyes” scene was at the lake before she shot him.He did not say that at the wedding.

• Dan says:

Incorrect. That was on the roof of the pyramid at their wedding in front of Amy. That’s why he said “I just told you my name”, which was to lead Amy of off the truth. But at the end of the episode River revealed that in fact, it was the Tessalecta, and not the Doctor, who was standing there, and the Doctor was in the Tessalecta.

12. Misleading Ninja says:

I don’t want to know. It would be disappointing no matter what.

Unless it’s Chuck. I’d be okay with Chuck. “Trust me, I’m The Doctor. Doctor…Chucky.”

13. mia says:

I’d rather not know it to be honest.

14. David says:

Am I one of the few people who does not like River Song and her sweeties ect? I disliked her all the way back to “Silence in the Library” with Ten, and only episodes I liked her with Eleven is “The Impossible Astronaut ” /”Day of the Moon” ….IDK if the doctor has romances, but she really bugs me.

• Steve says:

I’m with you. Hate River Song. She’s awful, te story lines involving her ate awful and Moffat sucks. This show used to be fun to watch, but now every week is the same. I preferred when the how was made for the UK. Now its all flashy like every other American drama.

• Alan says:

“now every week is the same” before moffat became head writer the main tactic of writing the show was “daleks must be the main villain of the season”, at least now moffat is using different, and in some cases brand new, villains. i was this close to stopping watching because it was just daleks every story and that was incredibly boring.

• Chris says:

I love Alex Kingston, but River STINKS. One of the worst characters ever on the show! I feel bad for Kingston, stuck in such a dog of a role. She deserves far better.

• charles says:

lol you’re crazy, or on drugs, probably both. River Song is the most well-written character on that show, and Alex Kingston DOES HER JUSTICE.

• mia says:

River Song is one of my favourite fictional characters of all time. She’s remarkable and its a treat whenever she’s on Who.

• Holly says:

I’m ambivalent myself. I don’t mind her character, but if she never showed up again it wouldn’t bother me either.

• Maggie says:

I liked River in “Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead.” But I haven’t liked her in any other episodes. Moffat just changed her too much, and ruined her. Moffat did the same when he took the Angels from “Blink” and changed them. Taking something perfect and making it complicated beyond logic and reason, is something Moffat does. It’s like having a perfect movie, and then ruining it by making lame sequel after lame sequel.

• Tarc says:

Yes, you are one of a small percentage. :)

15. tammy says:

My daughter and i don’t like river either. We think that river is going to be the new doctor after she gets everything thst thr doctor knows.

• Bob says:

Not a chance. Steven Moffat isn’t THAT stupid.

• Alyssa says:

River is not going to be the new Doctor. It’s not just a title, it’s who he IS. River dies long before the Doctor, as we have discovered,

That being said, I don’t know if we’ll hear it, but River certainly will, because she tells Ten in “Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead”, so she HAS to know.

• irandamae says:

River was already told the Doctor’s name in “The Doctor’s Wife.”

• asniech says:

No she wasn’t, The Doctor’s wife was about the TARDIS and RIver wasn’t even in it. If you’re referring to the Wedding of River Song, he did not tell her his name. He told the others that he had told her his name, but it was later revealed that he lied and had told her to look into his eyes so that she would see that he was inside the robot thing.

• AT says:

You do remember how the Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead ends, right?

• Emily says:

To be fair, I think a lot of Americans started watching with Matt Smith and haven’t gone back to earlier Doctors.

• Aubrie Lynn says:

I don’t think that’s true, I’m American and I started watching back in ’05 when the new series kicked off on SiFi. Most of the Americans I know that watch Who started with Tennant not Smith.

• Emily says:

Most that I know started with Smith. I’m always the odd one out. Anyway, I said that because DW popularity in the US has visibly grown in the last few years — Smith years.

• GeekGirl13 says:

I actually started with Christopher Eccleston, refused to watch Tennant at first, then came to my senses, thankfully, and have been with the show since. I have not however, gone back and watched any of the older series/doctors. I hope to someday.

• cinebiz says:

I live in the states and have been watching the doctor since Jon Pertwee (thank you PBS).

• Maggie says:

I personally know no Americans that started with Smith. Most that I know started with Tennant or Eccleston. A few people I know watched older Doctors on PBS as kids, with Baker being a favorite for all of them. I started with Tennant, and then went back and watched Eccleston. I’ve since watched some episodes with previous Doctors as well.

The episodes with Eccleston, and most of Tennant’s run, were all on the Syfy channel, which is watched by more people than BBC America. Smith’s episodes have all been on BBC America.

• PlayballK says:

I started with Eccleston right when SyFy started stopped watching sometime during Matt Smith’s era and before The Snowman aired watched the Matt Smith episodes between where I stopped watching and The Snowman.

16. majamababe says:

“Angus MacGyver”

17. Random says:

Cosmo Kramer is his name

18. irandamae says:

Wouldn’t it be hilarious that after all this time it turns out that the Doctor doesn’t even remember his own name?

19. Clearly, the Doctor doesn’t use his name out of embarrassment. His first name is actually “Boo”–unfortunately making his complete name Doctor Boo Who.

20. rowan77 says:

I.P. Freely

21. AMCPress says:

I should be an interesting episode.

22. Alyssa says:

To sum up what we’ve all learned from the comments here:

1.) River knows the Doctor’s name
    2.) No, he did not tell her in “The Wedding of River Song”, but she told HIM it in “Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead” so that he would trust her.
    3.) River seems to be the only other one to actually know his name.
    4.) No, River is not replacing the Doctor.
    5.) We have no idea if we’ll hear it, or if it’s just going to be River.

Everything clear now?

23. Lola says:

Keep in mind, River’s relationship with the Doctor is not linear. Just because she is the only one who knows it now (or then I suppose…) doesn’t mean he won’t tell anyone in the future. Technically, he could tell Clara and it wouldn’t mess with the show’s timeline. Personally, however, I hope he only tells River. I don’t want to know what it is and it wouldn’t seem right if he told anyone else but River. (just my opinion)

24. “Silence will fall when the question is answered” could mean that the answer to the question IS silence. Nothing. Because there is no answer. A brain twister.

• Philers says:

This is what I have always thought!
      A la Buffy episode where no one could speak because of creatures eerily simillar to the ”Whisper men” announced for the finale. Coincidence? Rip off? Your guess is as good as mine!

• Maria says:

Also, that Buffy episode is an allegory for the new wave feminism – to regain power and be the do-er instead of the woman as the gaze, Buffy (representing women) must find her voice in a world with an equal power dynamic.
        But the top hats and creepy white skin definitely looks like they are referrenced

• Maria says:

Ooo I like that. That would be satisfying and sounds so much like Moffat.
      I don’t mind River, in my brain (and not in actual reality) I kinda wish that 12 would be the downloadable River just because the Doctor has always wanted to be a ging… but that’d be weird.

25. Alan says:

no way in hell would they reveal his name, thats one thing nobody would want to touch. loving the long form storytelling going on in doctor who at the minute, much better than the daleks, daleks, daleks all the time we had before that.

26. Sara says:

This makes me a little bit sad, because if we go with the theory that he finally tells River his name (as he must eventually, per her first episodes), then this might be one of River’s last episodes. I hope it isn’t, but it would be a pretty dramatic end, wouldn’t it? Finally learn her love’s name as he sends her off to the library? That seems like something Moffett might do.
    No matter what though, I am looking forward to the episode. I want to see Clara and River interact!

27. Tom says:

It’s pretty clear that we are going to get answers for what we learned in “Silence in the Library”. In that episode we learned that River knows the Doctor’s name and that at some point the Doctor gave her his screwdriver.

A few interesting points:
    -In the talk about the screwdriver in “Silence in the Library”, the screwdriver has a red mode and Doctor is puzzled by that. River says the screwdriver will have the red mode in the future. In the last episode “Cold War”, we saw the red mode being used for the first time.
    -When River told the Doctor his name, the Doctor stated “There is only one reason why I would tell you my name”. Could this have something to do with the Tardis’ windows being blown out in this poster?

28. Bab says:

For those who haven’t seen Forest of the Dead [SPOILERS]
    Correct me if I’m wrong but at the end of Forest of the Dead, didn’t the Doctor come to the realization that his future self would only give River the screwdriver for a reason and that’s how he figured out how to “save” her? I think he actually DID something to the screwdriver or hid something in it as well. So, it stand to reason that at some point this Doctor will figure out that River will die in the future (or past…timey-whimy stuff…). That could also be when he decides to tell River his name. He knows she will need it to get the other version of the Doctor to trust her.

29. Danni says:

Uhm…people. The Doctor didn’t/won’t need to tell River her name. She was able to read it on his cradle.

30. Michelle says:

If this gets River gone faster then I’m for it. I really hate her. I don’t want to know the Doctor’s name either. Tell River, but I don’t want to hear it. I wonder how they’re going to explain how the screwdriver River has is quite clearly Ten’s. Eleven’s is much different. ;)

31. Ciara says:

As long as Moffat doesn’t abruptly conclude the season finale with lame endings like Amy just remembering the Doctor after causing Big Bang again or River whining about her love for the Doctor, then shooting him & saving all of the time-space continuum, I’ll be fine with it.

32. BDB says:

Over the show’s 50 year history we have found out important personal facts about the doctor ie- Timelord, regeneration , Gallifrey{HOME} , 2 hearts, Half Human???!, etc. I know the show has to evolve but just like the show and in real life, his name should never be known! This is one mystery we should never know. The fact That River knew/ knows/ will know as other’s have pointed out, is enough in of itself. Remember as Troughton , Pertwee and as Baker – his alias was Dr. John Smith???!!!! Tennant used it once , too! One of my favorite Dr.Who endings is when The Brigadier asks Pertwee his name and he replies- Smith , Dr. John Smith!!!! Remember , always , that the doctor has so many faces it’s hard to tell who’s who!!!!! I want all the living Doctor’s to be back in the 50th , over and out.

33. Ben says:

Oh good God, if they ACTUALLY reveal his name, I’m steering clear of all my Whovian friends, as there will be nerd rage.

34. Alicia says:

I have no qualms with the way Moffat writes. They say “the devil is in the details” and I think these remaining episodes are meant to lead up to the 50th Anniversary. Look at the last couple of episodes with Clara and you will see how tiny bits of past history showed up. The Doctor using the motorbike which goes back to the third doctor using a bike/car to get around, how he mentioned his granddaughter (first doctor), finding the bow tie (old ref but goes back to second doctor), etc. These episodes, IMO, are all meant to be part of the big picture and you can’t really see them separately. For those who dislike Moffat, I’m sure are the same people who praise Sherlock. You need to take things in context. The show is on for 7 seasons (series). In the USA most shows would be stale and repetitive, yet he still gets you to talk about each one around the “watercooler” doesn’t he? The ninth doctor was snarky, the tenth was angry, and the eleventh is whimsical (which is how Matt plays it). In the Doctors revisited specials even Moffat says how some of the old episodes do not make sense all the time so why should the modern ones be. I love Sherlock but don’t expect the same writing for Doctor Who and I admire him for being able to switch back and forth between the voice/tone and still maintain each shows originality. I don’t think he will reveal the name but its the 50th anniversary and you can’t have the same story for this one. And as someone mentioned above, how many times can you keep bringing back the same bad guys.

On another note I do like River Song and the Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead are my favorite episodes (and happen to be written by Moffat, which shows he does know how to write its dependent on the personality of the Doctor). I think it depends on the episode she is in. There was a short included on the DVD (i believe) that showed the 11th Doctor giving her his screwdriver the night before she goes off on the expedition. Continuity wise, they haven’t missed a beat with maintaining her timeline/doctor’s history.

• Who says:

When will the doctors daughter come back

• the doctor says:

1)When will the doctors daughter return because I think she might be Clara?
      2)Also, unless the doctor’s name is actually “the doctor”, it should never be told as how awkward would it be to see other characters calling him “Dave”/”Bob” or some other name instead of “the doctor”

• Maria says:

I heard an interesting theory that Clara is (and i’m paraphrasing) a meme created by everyone who depends on the Doctor to basically get him back into action. She spurs him on in Asylum and Snowmen and gives him just what he needs to be the Doctor again, a massive mystery. Its an interesting concept in the least.

• HorikTardis says:

I loved Moffat when he started, but now I’m watching the newest episode (I intentionally did not watch last week’s after sitting through the first 20 mins and finding it childish). I HATE this new series since Clara has come in. I don’t like her acting and how 3 episodes into it she considers herself “we” with the Doctor.I cannot stress how pathetic the show has become, so much now that there was a character who talked like a gps system and his name was even Thomas Thomas (Tom Tom). Moffat is playing the same stuff just written slightly different and even forgetting about the true Whovians and what made the show so popular. I did not love Amy Pond, but I would rather have the slutty Pond back rather than some horrible actress to familiar with a role that I cannot accept her in. And now there are KIDS!!!! What the hell Moffat? You are ruining the entire series Please pass the torch you have passed your allotted time and should stick with the bad ass Sherlock! All episodes have lost their “timey wimey” twist and turns and now we are stuck in a single story line in which the conflict and character progression lacks any interest at all. Maybe Moffat needs to put out some competition to write some episodes so he can have some ghost writers, because he has run out of good tribulations for the Doctor. BTW I don’t want to know his name it doesn’t add to the story does it??

• Mijke says:

Read ur post just after enduring the ‘finale’ – feeling insulted, after some great new ideas and villains it’s now apparent that Russel T and Moffatt don’t know how to engage a wide audience without turning the whole show into another sensationalist soap…why can’t we have a show without bloomin sex and snogging and inuendo…yawn…subtle as Eastenders

35. Maggie says:

The Doctor’s real name is Honey Boo Boo Child.

36. Drizz says:

I’m guessing the name of the episode is a bit of a tease- most likely it doesn’t tell you the name of the Doctor, just ABOUT the name of the doctor. Why he is called “The Doctor” possibly. They did hint that his name existed before people who helped others were called doctors maybe due to him being the example.

37. James says:

They have mentioned the doctor’s name. It is ∂³∑x² .

• Zoe says:

That’s just Doctor in math, James. XD Cant you see it? ∂=d, ³=o, ∑=t, x=o, ²=r
      Same amount in letters….so what if the o’s aren’t the same symbol? It could be that .³ stands for first O, and x stands for second O.

38. JJ says:

Clara can’t be the Doctor’s Daughter…..She doesn’t regenerate, and even if she did….she wouldn’t keep looking the same. I personally really like River, and I hope that she is told the Doctor’s name……but there is NO way they are going to tell us….they will turn it into a running gag that for awhile she will try and call him the name or leave hints.

39. Sandy Gustkey says:

OK, my memory is not as good as many of you. That said, after coming across Doctor Who whe he was Tennant I became a fan and went back on Netflix and started with the first episode and continued though all the discs until I came back to the 10th doctor. Somewhere I seem to remember the Doctor and the Master standing at a well? on Gallifrey and they were picking their name. Anybody help with that???

• Alan says:

that sounds like the end of season 3, the second season with david tennant in the role. there was a flashback to galifrey of them as kids but they werent choosing their name, they were staring into the time vortex, a rite of passage on galifrey.

• Sandy Gustkey says:

Thanks. Actually I may have that in my collection. Will go on a hunt and play it if I have it.
        It amazes me that people can recall so many details of various shows and identify who said what when. I do appreciate your response.

• Alan says:

no problem, im always happy to answer questions people have about doctor who since its my favourite show and i can recall loads because ive seen them multiple times.

• HorikTardis says:

They say that Master chose his name, Master, and each Gal. chooses their own name. The comment is made by Master as to why the Doctor chose his name, Doctor. But we don’t get a real actual name, which is cool because some of my favorite plays on words is when it becomes “Doctor Who?” from someone. I did enjoy the change of “Doctor, what?” and the Doctor notices the change commenting that that works too. If that helps any.

40. Jack says:

I’m 66, started with Tom Baker. In one episode, he introduced himself as Who. It was in 2005 that I notice Eccleston started the idea of just calling himself The Doctor. The writers must have a log bible and are referrancing that and the Doctor’s name will come out of all those meetings.

41. Sunshine says:

Don’t want to know the Doctor’s name. That’s one mystery that needs to remain known only to River.
    The Doctor’s Daughter… Last seen wasn’t Jenny flying off after The Doctor (#10) thought she had died?! That just seems so unresolved!!! :/

42. Sean Keilich says:

I think the Doctor’s name should be Allons-y Alonso… maybe that’s why he always wanted to say it – like uttering the name of god while having a fit of turrets.

43. davros did “forever name thee” Destroyer of World’s but i doutb thats it. my guess is anything from Merlin to Jesus or even Lucifer/Prometheus but i doubt that as well. too many social implications and would put too many people off but who knows….”Who Knows”

• Maria says:

Merlin would be kinda cool but fall short of expectations. Clara does recognize his name when she looks in the book in Journey to the Center of the Tardis.

• Richard B Bush says:

The seventh Doctor in the original series story is recognised as Merlin by a knight from a parallel universe, it is intimated he ‘used’ this name much as he does ‘Doctor’.

44. The Doctor’s name? “Bond…James Bond…” LOL

45. Indiana…no, wait…we named the DOG “indiana”…

46. Crazymonkie99 says:

What if the doc’s name is ADAM and he’s been wanting to forget all about it because it was his wife EVE that led them out of paradise and if he forgets then he knows that she will be safe from enemies who would use her to get to him. This might explain the whole religiuos aspect of The Silence

47. Jimmy Jones says:

The name of the Doctor is Alpha Beta.