Vampire Diaries Recap: Dance the Night Away

Pictures of YouIt’s prom time on The Vampire Diaries, and the event is probably has more in common with Stephen King’s Carrie than organizer extraordinaire Caroline would like — not to mention that Elena commits a major girl crime against her… before getting even more lethal against Bonnie!

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

FEEL IT ALL | Stefan and Damon decide that the way to get Elena to take the cure is by making her turn her humanity back on. So they’ll bombard her with emotions. If that doesn’t work, they’ve got a Plan B: Lock her up until they come up with Plan C. (Boys, there’s a reason the plans start to correspond with lower grades the further along you get. And at the rate you’re going, you may need a Plan D.)

The prom’s theme, “Pictures of You” — complete with a video yearbook showing off Elena and her loved ones — fails to raise any feelings from the vamp. Stefan decides to get personal with her, reminding her what his touch feels like during an intimate dance. Surely, that intense scene must stir something in her heart? Elena leans in for what looks like a kiss and then replies, “What heart?”

The moment actually ends up affecting Stefan more than his ex. He can’t seem to move on, he tells Caroline, who responds that he’ll meet someone new and, without even realizing it, he’ll fall madly in love. Um, did it already happen? Was it just me, or were there sparks during the friends’ dance? Meanwhile, Damon – and let’s pause for a minute to hear Elena’s thoughts on her other date: “You’re overage, and honestly, it’s kind of creepy” – doesn’t have any better luck as the humanity-free Gilbert says anything she felt for him was just because of the sire bond.

DRESS ME UP | On top of being a cruel date to Damon and Stefan, Elena swipes Caroline’s prom dress. It does look better on the brunette, but still – major friend faux pas! Rather than this turning into a 90210 moment with both girls wearing the same outfit, Caroline goes to Klaus, who’s more than a little amused, for help. She wants him to dig out a dress from his vintage collection that will make her look “Princess Grace-hot.” Weird choice of words, right? Both the monarch and the gown Caroline ends up wearing are more “elegant” than “hot.” And perhaps Klaus really is turning over a new leaf: Not only does he save Caroline from a fashion disaster, he even lets Tyler, who returned to give his girl the perfect prom, leave without inflicting any bodily harm on the boy.

PHOTOS | The Originals Plot Spoilers — Get a Sneak Peek at CW’s Spin-Off

BEING HUMAN | Elijah agrees to give his sister the cure – if she lives as a human for a day to prove that is really what she wants. That means going to the prom alone — gasp! — since she can’t compel a date (or a nicer dress, it seems). To top it off, Matt – her “beautifully human” role model – tells her she wouldn’t make a good human since he’s never seen her do anything remotely good. But Rebekah is actually playing by Elijah’s no-vamp-powers rules – until her new roomie Elena decides to take it upon herself to make the Vampire Diaries Season 4 Recap PromOriginal prom queen. (The actual King and Queen: Matt and… Bonnie?) That means attacking April, who for some reason is at the seniors’ dance and is in charge of the ballots. As she lies bleeding on the floor, Matt begs Rebekah to save April. She refuses at first – it’s a vampire privilege – but ultimately gives in when Matt tells her this is how she can prove she’s good. Meanwhile, Silas appears as Rebekah and snags the cure from Elijah.

BONNIE GOES BOOM | What’s prom without a few ghosts? Bonnie is haunted by visions of Jeremy, thanks to Silas. He tries to convince her that she needs him to control her magic, but she’s not having any of it. The thing is, he’s kind of got a point. When Elena tries to take out Silas by attacking his witch, Bonnie nearly kills her with her powers. (Before that, Elena throws up her pal’s blood after feeding on her. Hmm…) However, there’s a positive side to the confrontation: The presence of a human emotion — fear — in Elena’s eyes during the moment leads the Salvatores to Plan C: Make her life a living hell. Meanwhile, Bonnie comes face-to-face with the real, disfigured Silas, who just wants to die even if it means bringing back every dead supernatural being.

Next week, it’s off to New Orleans as Klaus follows up on Katherine’s ominous letter!

Vampire Diaries fans, how would you rate the show’s prom? Which dance – Stefan/Elena, Stefan/Caroline, Matt/Rebekah or Tyler/Caroline – was your favorite? And was Silas’ real face too hidden in darkness to really be creepy? Sound off in the comments!

1. queen says:

GOOD EPISOAD……

• TV fan says:

What’s up with Silas’s “The Witch is mine”, like Damon could have her: Open your eyes Silas, you don’t need to threat the creepy overage idiot. He’s a non factor in this.

2. Ari says:

I’m over no humanity Elena. She’s still just as flat as she was when she had humanity. When is Elena going to get some layers to her character?

Also can we decide if Tyler is going to be around or not? Every year he just disappears and then comes back for a few episodes and then disappears. NO MORE! If you don’t want to write for him write him out permanently.

Originals, as always, were the best part of this episode!

• Josh says:

Elena will get layers when her character can stand on her own beyond Damon and Stefan. As long as she is defined by how THEY see her and how THEY want her, she’ll never be anything but a point in the love triangle.

• henninggirl says:

I agree. It’s kind of infuriating how much they try to steal her agency. “Please turn off your emotions because we don’t really feel like hugging you and helping you through your brother’s death right now…..Okay, turn them back on, now that it’s convenient to us, thank you!” They’re shocked because Elena is not particularly keen to feel deep soul-wrenching pain. “But we’ve conditioned her to love pain! It’s all we give her, really! Why do you think we zeroed in on a KID in the first place?” Ugh, it’s so gross!

3. Leah says:

I know how much people like Elena and Damon together but I’ve been a fan since the beginning and I am a huge Stefan and Elena fan! (Their love is epic remember!) And the almost moment between Elena and Stefan was every bit as amazing as I hoped it would be. I can only hope there’s more.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Yeah, but which brother did she cry to for help in that brief moment when she was in pain?

• Cathy O. says:

I agree, when she was in pain it was Damon she called for help not Stefan. I was surprised to see Jeremy back in this episode. After tonight’s episode, I am no longer sure it will be any of her family that brings her back. Since Damon realized she has the emotion of fear, I now think that it will be something that happens to Damon that will bring her back. I don’t know whether it will be this season or the next one but everything is still leading to Elena choosing Damon this time. Now whether or not he is the endgame, I don’t know but Season 5 will be Delena. Just sayin…

• AC says:

Absolutely. To me, everything is building up to Elena regaining her humanity and reinforcing her feelings for Damon. I too thought it was interesting that she kept calling out for Damon in that moment of need / fear. Moreover, throughout the season the writers have been highlighting Damon’s own doubts and insecurities about the sire bond, and I’m fairly sure that addressing this and clarifying that Elena’s feelings (when they come back) ARE real, is going to be a central part of the finale. It’s a huge part of Damon’s natural character development.

Plus, we now have the prospect of Staroline… Takes the rush out of a Stelena reunion, no?

• Cathy O. says:

I absolutely agreement AC. Paul has stated that he would like to be paired with someone else (I guess he’s bored with the story also). Anyway, JP did mention that she may be open to Caroline and Stefan hook-up since Klaus is leaving the show. We’ll see what happens but it would be nice to have the triangle over (at least for a while).

• Karrie says:

I’d be fine with Damon and Elena IF her feelings for Stefan would be addressed. The first episode of the season she was still in love with Stefan and then all of a sudden a few eps later and she’s dismissed him entirely.

• Jennifer says:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Damon and Elena explore their relationship more, but I think she called out Damon’s name (once by the way not numerous times) since he was the first one to get to her, lol. Look, Julie Plec is evil this way and it’s her way of keeping the triangle going and going and going…. she throws in all these little moments that can be interpreted to which guy you like her better with. Delena fans will grab on to the calling out scene and Stelena fans will grab on to the dancing scene. Nothing new there, it’s the way to keep both sides of the fandom coming back for more. Personally I think when she gets her humanity back, Elena HAS to be by herself for awhile. Even being with Damon right away after all that has happened makes no sense. But I know I’m going to end up disappointed.

• Dmac says:

Let me preface not a shipper either way BUT she is still technically sired to Damon and it would make sense she calls out to him if her humanity is trying to get through. My opinion but I wouldn’t put much hope on that. On another note it seems that Julie Plec dropped the Stefan/Becca thing…sigh

• Fran says:

You’re right, although I find it amusing that she’s calling out to someone that is the cause of her loss of humanity. When she gets it back will that be adressed?

• Cathy O. says:

I took her calling out to Damon as meaning somewhere deep down she still has some humanity left, which was a fear of dying.

• WLE says:

I completely agree! I have always loved Stefan and Elena and their too brief dance brought me back to the earlier seasons. Their love is epic!!

• Bellaz says:

I was all for Stefan/Elena at the beginning but now I’d rather see both guys move on.

4. Grrrrp says:

Bonnie slayed! But I think the Salvatores are so hung up on Elena, they failed to realize the girl who actually needed help was not Elena, but Bonnie who was having an expression magical aneurysm!!! I mean come one! Who is there for her?

• Bellaz says:

Bonnie was awesome, need more Bonnie scenes.

• Kelly says:

You’re totally right. They are way too focused on Elena. They need to get over her. She’s not the 2nd coming for crying out loud! And honestly, she’s basically just a Katherine 2.0 at this point. It’s boring.

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah, I gotta say Bonnie has annoyed me a little for the last couple of seasons but she’s been on point this season(and I’m glad someone finally put Elena’s psychotic ass on blast but good).

5. ollie says:

what was up with the very bad hairdo on all the main girls and bonnie/ rebecca dress they were hideous. glad to see jeremy with bonnie even though it was silas. but was the dream jeremy also silas? agree with the other poster they need to make up their minds about tyler staying or going. lookingforward to the backdoor pilot but stinks nothing about tvd next week.

6. I’m a fan of Stefan and Caroline, either just as friends or more. I think the potential is definitely there, and would love to see them explore that, as long as it was done right.

• LynyrdLionheart says:

My only problem with Steroline becoming anything more than friends is that the writers aren’t going to just let the triangle die. It’s been the basis of the show for four seasons and will continue to be. That means that even if Caroline and Stefan hook up, she’s going to play second fiddle to Elena Gilbert. Caroline deserves better than that. If I thought for a second they would be end game, I’d totally support Steroline (especially now that Klaus is headed for the spin-off). I just can’t see that being the case, though. Elena will never make a choice, and as long as she’s going back and forth, the brothers will be her little lapdogs.

• Cathy O. says:

I have to agree here also. I wish the writers would just end the triangle. I am a huge Delena fan but at this point just pick and move on.

• I agree, which is why I’m worried about them doing it right. I don’t enjoy the triangle. I primarily watch the show now for Caroline and Stefan (not just for them together, but as individuals too). I don’t like the idea of Caroline becoming part of that mess. If she and Stefan were to ever get together, I would want him to be over Elena.

• Erin says:

Yep I’m all for this Stefan/Caroline relationship 100%, just as long as they finally end the triangle. Or at least Stefan’s side of things.

Because we know that he’ll never move on from Elena unless he finds someone who he loves more than her. And I’d also only be for it if the writers naturally make the transition from friends to something more. It just won’t work if it’s rushed or forced considering that the characters are friends.

• Cathy O. says:

I agree, there seemed to be a connection between that could possibly work.

• Dmac says:

Why? Why can’t two people remain friends without shippers trying to pair them up. Case in point Elena and Damon, they were great apart and when they finally hit together it was meh the whole point of who Damon is his do anything, say anything personality and Elena sucked it out of him. They should of stayed friends. To that end I want Stefan to find someone new away from their core group. With the originals leaving they need new blood.

• James says:

I actually agree with you. Elena sucks the life out of both Salvatore brothers. I also love Stefan and Caroline’s friendship and hope it stays that way. It doesn’t always have to turn into a romantic thing.

• Kate says:

I’m with you. I think Caroline and Stefan are awesome friends. I just really don’t like them as a couple for some reason. Why can’t two people just be friends????

• Bellaz says:

I like them both separately but I’d rather them stay friends and someone new for Stefan, or Stefan and Bonnie.

7. Tran says:

Ugh!!! I cant stand the no humanity elena! but I still want her with damon!!! I cant believe she tried to kill bonnie! But way to go Bonnie;she put her in her place!

• Cathy O. says:

I agree. I am too over no humanity Elena! My goodness what is she going to do when her humanity returns and she realizes all that she’s done to hurt others.

• sls says:

That is exactly why I like no-humanity Elena, Cathy O. I can’t wait to see her emotions get turned back on and her having to deal with what she has done. I’m really hoping it evolves her character and she then has an edge, a darker side, something that takes her away from being a high schooler and into adulthood.

Sure, she is a total b*itch and watching her this way makes me cringe because she will be devastated when her humanity comes back. But that is part of the journey for me. I get why other people don’t like her. She is way out of control and very much opposite her true self.

8. Kate says:

This show just got on my damn nerves. Elena is annoying as hell as a vampire–well she always was. I would love if Caroline and Stefan got together, maybe I would start watching the show again. But that won’t ever happen. :(

9. katrina says:

The Klaroline dress minute was the best of the episode!

• Cathy O. says:

She did have on the best dress and April’s was the worst. I agree with someone who mentioned the hairdos. No one’s hairstyle was working.

10. Cc says:

Great ep!

11. lorna says:

Matt should keepbeing rude to rebekah…she killed elena and evil ric. I hope to see ghost ric or silas ric this season. #resurrectalrricseason5

12. JULES says:

So Elena has no humanity b/c of Damon correct? It seems like that’s being glossed over or did I miss something.

• Cathy O. says:

No it was Damon who did it because he felt there was no other choice since Elena was out of her mind with grief.

13. S says:

I loved seeing both Steven and Michael back on the show. It was nice to see all the characters on an episode for once again actually… It made me miss Jeremy even more though :( I was kind of bummed Rebekah saved April. I mean sure April isn’t on enough to annoy me too much but what I worry about is what if they end up making her a series regular? Ugh. no. I would have liked to seen more dances it being a prom and all but overall it was a good episode and the Silas story was more interesting on this ep.

14. Cathy O. says:

Overall I enjoyed the episode. It was better than I thought it would be. I am sick of no humanity Elena though. And can we go a week please without hearing someone mention the sire bond to Damon. I am sick of hearing that too I wonder if Jeremy will be returning? I could have done without seeing Tyler. What was the point? April is a waste also. Klaus/Caroline moment was good and Jeremy/Bonnie dance was nice before she found out it was Silas.

• sls says:

I think the point of seeing Tyler was to show Klaus’ “good” side. With the spin-off looming I think the writers wanted another opportunity to let Klaus be seen as doing something “good”.

I sooo thought Elena was going to kill April this episode. I doubt she makes it to Season 5 but who knows. Bonnie might be a goner though. Someone dies in the finale. It’s Bonnie, or Tyler, or maybe they count Damon as the one who “dies” if he takes the cure.

15. Cathy O. says:

I am confused. Silas said he just wanted the cure to die. If that’s the case, why are the dead coming back? I thought if he drank the cure that would prevent the dead from returning.

• sls says:

Yes that part is confusing. If he takes the cure and then someone kills him he would be human so he wouldn’t go to the veiled side with the other supernaturals. There is some catch that Ketsia put in but I don’t remember the details. I know it’s there, a reason, but I’m not clear about it.

Maybe someone can remind us what the deal is.

• sls says:

Okay I did some digging and I think I get it now. Silas was originally a witch/warlock and he was turned immortal (aka vampire) by Ketsia or Qetsya or however it is spelled. So if he takes the cure for vampirism he becomes a witch/warlock again and is still supernatural and will still go to the supernatural other side unless that veil is removed. If it’s removed he will go to the place where humans go and be reunited with his human lover. uggg lol

That is super confusing.

• sls says:

Also, according to the Silas wiki he is going to be in Season 5. just an fyi

On another note, I only remember it being said that Qetsiya turned Silas immortal. I don’t ever remember there being a specific declaration of him being a vampire. The cure was suppose to be a cure for immortality but does that automatically mean vampire?

He’s stealing blood from the hospitals (unless that turns out to be someone else), he was desiccated and drank Jeremy dry so I guess he’s a vampire but does anyone remember it being said that he is an actual vampire not just an immortal something else? He has a lot of powers. So basically, overall, everything to do with Silas is very confusing, at least to me.

• Mikael says:

About the dead supes coming back, Klaus, Rebecca and Elijah are concerned with Kol and Finn coming back, but they never mention that Mikael, their father who wanted nothing but to kill them, would be back. And what about their mother too? Shouldn’t they be more worried about their parents coming back to life??

16. Cathy O. says:

FYI–from Julie Plec

But what about the Elena-Stefan-Damon love triangle? Will we find out Elena’s true feelings for Damon soon?

Yes. Without a doubt. Without a doubt. It will revitalize the triangle for sure, and as far as the Elena and Damon information, I think what it will do is cement their relationship — or lack thereof — once she comes clean with a sense of at least semi-permanence, if not permanence. It won’t be a little more of, ‘Oh, I love you, but I have to stay away.’ Or, ‘Oh, I hate you.’ There will be something that feels, okay, we’re going to settle in this for a while. And good or bad, how is that going to go?”

Okay what does that mean?

• sls says:

It means nothing. lol Bottomline. She may or may not pick someone or reject someone on a possibly permanent basis. So, yeah, it means nothing.

17. Anna says:

Matt and Bekah look very good together. I’d really love them to be that epic couple: a human who will never become a supernatural being and who loves a vampire.

• Jules says:

Agreed. I love those two together. But I would add, and the vampire who hopefully will never become human. I just want Rebekah to be kinder and more “human”, while still staying a vampire.

18. Babybop says:

First of all: I miss my Jeremy eye candy.
    Second of all: Ian Somerhalder looks GOOD in a suit (and pretty much everything he wears)
    As for the episode, I liked it. I feel like there’s more of a plot now instead of just “who is going to bang who next?” Ha ha.

• Jules says:

Agreed, agreed and agreed.
      I have to add though, all of the guys look amazing in suits, I mean, last week Daniel Gillies, extremely hot, Paul Wesley, not to bad-looking either, Joseph Morgan and Zach Roerig look good in suits as well, when they’re wearing them, and so do Michael Trevino and Steven R. McQueen.

19. Rrrrrr says:

I liked this episode. I, for one, an digging no humanity Elena, and the scene where she rejected Stefan on the dance floor was one of the best acted scenes on the entire show.

• Dmac says:

She rejected everyone so what is your point…not all if what Elena does is a clue to who she is going to pick.

20. Faster says:

Couldn’t get on board with this episode. Everyone seemed like a ridiculous caricature of themselves. And I’ve been a big proponent of no-humanity Elena, but this episode she was just nasty with no reason, which wasn’t necessarily my impression of her in previous episodes. In previous episodes she simply seemed to stand up more for herself and be more indeoendent of the brothers, but here she was just bitchy. This episode seemed really off to me.

21. Jules says:

This episode showed exactly what I don’t like about no-humanity Elena. She isn’t evil or simply detached, she’s still just a whiny, impulsive, little bitch. I could totally live with her being evil, but this is just annoying. I was always complaining about human Elena, the little damsel-in-distress… but now she’s basically that plus thinking she’s the baddest of them all….

22. vannesa says:

honestly they should just give elena the cure..because she tried to kill bonnie thats going to far..when she did it to caroline i didnt care..carolina kinda gets on my nerves

23. GS says:

I cannot be the only on who is totally over this version of Elena! Even when Stephan was in ripper mode, he never tried to kill the people he was close to (Lexi, Damon…etc) unless I’m forgetting something. I want Bonnie dead. She’s annoying and if she’s gone maybe this horrible Silas storyline will be gone too. It was awesome to see Jeremy and Tyler. I love the show but I miss the Elena who was the moral compass of the group.

24. Maverick says:

…on the spoliers revealed by the exec producer , elena will win her humanity back and stefan “MIGHT” be the one who take the cure

Also I have read from some good sources that stefan may die at the end of this season , or at least exit for a while , ending the love triangle

personally I think that somehow or another julie will break this love triangle and it won”t be the essence of the show anymore , this way they can focus on most important events

• Cathy O. says:

Huh, you may have a point Maverick. I was reading on youtube.com a few days ago that someone was watching the taping of an episode (don’t know which one) and saw Stefan walking off with Lexie which didn’t make sense to me. Now if that’s true, Stefan taking the cure and dying would be about right. I guess we will just have to wait and see. But OMG, if we could just end the love triangle for a LONG while.

• Maverick says:

I know cathy O !!! :-( :( , but anyway they had a good run toghether , may be if they do so it would be for the best and we may see some good stuff next season

25. Mikael says:

JP needs to stop dragging Stefan through the mud. We get it: Elena & Damon are going to end up together. Can’t you write Stefan out of that HORRIBLE triangle? I like the spark he has with Caroline. Since Tyler can’t stay in one place for too long on this show since Season 1, I think they should just kick him off and let Caroline and Stefan be together and not have him pining for Elena who really doesn’t even deserve him anyway. If they absolutely have to have a triangle, maybe let it be Stefan/Caroline/Tyler. Caroline should be the star of the show, not Insufferable Elena.

• Fran says:

My favorite part of this season was when Stefan grew a pair and called Elena out on all her BS. Then he was with Rebekkah and I thought- FINALLY he can move on. Of course they pretty much dropped all that.

26. Pepper Weeks says:

I can’t be the only one that’s sick of every male in mystic falls falling for Elena or Caroline…seriously they’ve slept with or had flings/potential flings with every male character! Is Bonnie just chopped liver??? Kat is a gorgeous girl that has only increased her acting ability every season and yet the only one that takes notice on the show is Jeremy???? COME ON!!!
    Please keep Stefan and Caroline as best friends! Put him with Bonnie or a new character but don’t go there!

27. lorna says:

Stelena all the way. Spinoff looks dumb. Kill off april. Silas is dumb but I bet we will see a lot of former regulars, excited for that.

28. Joy says:

I hate, hate, hate, the new Elena!!!! I cannot stand the way she is now treating Damon, and it really galls me that the writers let us have that joy of them together, and now she is horrible to him (and everyone else!) They aren’t mean vampires—why is she? I used to so look forward to this show every week, but now I almost dread it.

29. Jason says:

OKAY, CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS: Silas (fake Rebekah) got The Cure vial from stupid Elijah. WHAT NOW? He tells Bonnie that he wants to die, right? Does he want to take The Cure to do this? If so, why hasn’t he ingested it? And if that’s not his plan, what did he need/want The Cure for? I’m confused.

• sls says:

I was confused to so I did some digging last night. Originally Silas was a witch/warlock but Qetsiya turned him immortal (which may mean he’s a vampire now or may not). Silas needs to take the cure for immortality but he also needs Bonnie to lower the veil to the supernatural (because if he takes tge cure he reverts back to a warlock who is still supernatural) other side because if she doesn’t then he will end up there instead of the human version of the other side. He wants to get to the same place as his dead human lover.
      Umm I hope that makes sense. Lol

• sls says:

Maybe I should try again. Silas is a warlock who was turned immortal. The cure only cures the immortal part not the warlock part. He has to have Bonnie lower the veil to the supernatural other side so he can go to the human other side instead, assuming that is how it works. Okay I think that made more sense lol

30. RMadden says:

I absolutely loved Bonnie – she’s the most powerful out of every single character on the show and she needs to show that off more often. The way she healed herself and nearly killed Elena was sort of creepy but was a big slap in the face to Elena that she’s no match for Bonnie.
    I was SO happy to see Jeremy back – I want Silas to take the cure and for Jeremy to come back. I want everyone to come back that’s been killed so far actually.
    IF Jeremy doesn’t come back I honestly probably won’t watch the show any more…

31. bluegossip says:

I for one looove elena and find no-humanity elena fun. She does what needs to be done, right now her main mission eliminate all possible ways of turning her humanity back on. And the fear of jeremy and alaric coming back made her go after bonnie, she was bitchy to everyone cause them hating is her aim. She was bitchy cause they were nice… I love her

32. sls says:

TVLine was nice enough to provide us some spoilers about the rest of the season here: http://bit.ly/11N1aiH

I’m copying it here:
    “PRE-FINALE EPISODES | Bonnie’s storyline with her immortal menace/mentor is “going to explode in the penultimate episode as our characters race to get Silas out of the picture,” teases executive producer Julie Plec. “The consequences of his plot and what Bonnie has to do to try and stop his plot then live on in the finale.” You can also expect “at least one, if not 10 familiar faces” to pop back up in the process. And for those craving some Originals flavor, the April 25 episode is a planted spinoff set in New Orleans that finds Klaus meeting up with his diabolical former protégé Marcel (Grey’s Anatomy’s Charles Michael Davis).

MAY 16 SEASON FINALE | Once again, a supernatural crisis gets in the way of what should be a happy occasion: Graduation Day for the Mystic Falls seniors. The cure will be ingested, and “the implications of what that means will be a great story to tell next year,” previews Plec, who adds that the hour will close with two cliffhangers that will “send the show spinning in a whole new direction.” Change is also in store for the series’ core trio. “We will know, when the finale is over, where everyone stands in the context of the Stefan/Damon/Elena triangle,” reveals the EP. “It will definitely set all three of them on a very different and interesting path when we move forward.” Lest you think that means the episode is all about heartbreak and breakups, the EP says that “when all is said and done, it’s got some pretty good romantic moments.” And some goodbyes? “I cannot comment on permanent deaths, but I will say there will be lots of destruction,” replies Plec”

Thanks TVLine!

• sls says:

Could this really mean the triangle might finally get wrapped up? I’m guessing no. I think it just means we will know Elena’s real feelings for Damon, good or bad. But I doubt this triangle is ever really going to be over until the end of the series. Can’t wait to know who takes the cure and who may or may not permanently die. But then the waiting for Season 5 will begin. Ugg

• Cathy O says:

Hey sis, I kind of feel that the triangle may be wrapped up for a while. It will depend on ratings. I strongly feel that Elena will choose Damon this time. If their relationship works as far as ratings where the show gets a season 6 then Stelena may be over. I think Stefan is going to move on to Caroline. Everyone is sick of the triangle including Paul and probably have been complaining to JP big time. I mean enough is enough. Let’s wrap up the triangle and get going with some good supernatural stories!

33. KFSvampire_girl says:

Caroline&Tyler.Their scene was so epic and Sweet and romantic.Tyler please Come back for good.

34. vannesa says:

stefan was right elena is not meant to be this way..if they kill anyone maybe klaus needs to go..he ruins people lives…why is he there anyway?..why would stefan take the cure?

35. Cathy O. says:

I just read this below SPOILER EPISODE 21:

“The Vampire Diaries”: Elena’s not going to get free from the Salvatore dungeon any time soon. Stefan and Damon team up with Caroline, Bonnie, and Matt in an effort to torture Elena’s humanity out of her by stealing her ring and exposing her to sunlight. But there’s a problem. They’re trying to use fear to inspire emotion, but Elena’s not afraid, because she knows that while everyone else might have reached their breaking point with her, Damon still won’t ever let anything truly bad happen to her. He can’t help but save her.

I don’t know about anyone else but this pretty much sums up for me who she is going to choose this time.

• sls says:

Hopefully you’re right. I just hope Elena is not too big of jerk to Damon or it’s really going to annoy me. While I don’t mind no-humanity Elena too much, her b*tchiness towards Damon can only be tolerated so much before I’m going to wish someone better would come along for him.

• Cathy O. says:

I agree sis. I really hate when Elena hurts him but you and I know Damon will never move on to anyone else. If he was in love with Katherine for 145 years and Elena is the love of his life, that won’t be happening. LOL!

Her humanity will definitely be returning this season but I still wonder what will bring it back. I guess I will have to just wait and see. I am going to be a nervous wreck by the season finale!

• sls says:

I agree. Damon will keep on loving Elena even if she is a b*tch to him. But I’m still waiting for an epic come-together between those two so she better keep the attitude in check with him (at least a bit) or I’m going to stop wanting them together. It’s just so heartbreaking….everything Damon has gone through. That guy needs to catch a bit of a break, at least for a little while.

36. Cathy O. says:

SPOILER–Season 5

The Vampire Diaries has already been picked up for a fifth season. Have you guys started breaking scripts yet? Do you know what will happen after the kids graduate?

Yeah. Even though we are done with season four story-wise, we do this thing called “Vampire Diaries Boot Camp.” We gather in the writer’s room, and now that we don’t have to deal with production phone calls and writing scripts, we just have full days of brainstorming the big ideas of the next season. That is what we are in the process of doing right now. We are thinking of the big stuff: Elena is going to go to college, which will be huge, but we want to keep it grounded in Mystic Falls as well. Obviously Damon isn’t going to go to college; but Caroline and Bonnie and Elena are roommates…. We want to keep the stories intertwined, and not just have separate college storylines.

—————

Did anyone else see that there is no mention of Stefan which leaves me to believe that Elena either chose Damon or no one this time. But JP did say there would be some romance in the finale so I am guessing it has to be either Delena or Caroline and Klaus maybe? Who else is there?

37. Odysco says:

I lov Damon i want him and elena 2 b 2gada, tyler and caro, Rebakah and stephen, while jeremy(silas and bonnie. I lov u guys

38. i’m lovin’ it@mcdonald’s captured at 3rd layer in borel law firm | IMDb Vera Villanueva | The VD| To My Family | Foo Porn| fees| taxes 1040EZ| iRS| digital world (i’m dw)| Monster++