Glee Hot Shots: 'Night Bird' Blaine on the Scene at McKinley Blackout, Plus the Return of [Spoiler]

Get ready for Glee: Unplugged.

Yes indeed, a blackout hits William McKinley High School and forces New Directions into acoustic mode in the upcoming “Lights Out” (April 25, 9/8c on Fox), and we’ve got your first look.

RELATED | Blackouts! Lottery Wins! Weddings! 10 May Sweeps Spoilers for Glee, Bones, New Girl & More

In addition to seven “Lights Out” images — including Blaine back in Night Bird mode, a Finn-Will reunion and a group number with Artie and Kitty at the center — we’ve also got two pics from Glee‘s May 2 installment, “Wonder’ful,” which finds a certain McKinley grad back on the scene to help Will & Co. get ready for Regionals. (And he/she didn’t arrive alone!)

VIDEO | Glee Exclusive: The Catty ‘Truth’ About the Show’s Most Difficult Co-Star

Click through the gallery below to get your first look, then hit the comments with your first impressions!

Comments (25)

• NIGHTBIRD!

Comment by Jamie – April 18, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That costume was too good to use just once. Now if we can only get Kitty back in the catsuit…

Comment by wordsmith – April 18, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kitty + catsuit = Hell yes!

Comment by Omar – April 18, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Nightbird!

Comment by BigAdam – April 18, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blaine is just DELICIOUS in that costume.

Comment by Jase – April 18, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KURT AT THE CHOIR ROOM? YES! Klaine reunion is definetly happening :)

Comment by Anne – April 18, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where’s Sugar and Joe??

Comment by Andriville – April 18, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Joe went back to heaven, Sugar was left out in the rain.

Comment by dude – April 18, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol that’s what I thought

Comment by Andriville – April 18, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This comment made me chuckle. Now I have Donna Summer singing MacArthur Park in my head.

Comment by Laurie – April 18, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Glee and this isn’t a dig at the show in any way cause I’ve actually enjoyed this season but is it just me or are their spoiler photos always incredibly boring? They don’t tease any of the exciting parts. Someone looks off in the distance. A big group number. Kids sit in the choir room. Get excited.

Comment by dude – April 18, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mike Chang and KURT!!! Faith in Glee just might be restored by the end of the season!

Comment by Mikaela – April 18, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn!

Comment by Fan – April 18, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine seems so out of place these days, like someone who is way older than the rest. Get him to New York ASAP!

Comment by IMHO – April 18, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mercedes looks amazing. I can’t wait for her solo

Comment by EndOfTime – April 18, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here for Mercedes as well. So good to see her back!

Comment by Nunaya_Bidness – April 18, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the heck happened to Sugar and Joe? I have thoroughly enjoyed this season, but their spontaneous absence has really frustrated me. I like the new guys, but I still liked the older members…

Comment by JDH – April 19, 2013 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Apparently I’m not the only one who sees that. Samuel Larsen and Damian McGinty won Glee Project but they only served as props. Very little dialogues, very little storylines… even Damian’s storyline Pot O’Gold is one of the most boooring and stupid episode of Glee.

And Sugar… her characters was the base for the first half of season 3. Shelby’s coming, Santana’s coming out, The Troubletones, everything started from her. At least before ditching her, show us whether she can sing better now.

Shooting Star was actually an episode to test Joe’s and Sugar’s acting skill. But they weren’t there.

Comment by Rizka Mirlina Ratulangie – April 19, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a bummer that Joe and Sugar keep getting left out. I like Joe’s look and I think they could do more with him if the writers would only try. All we get are the twinky looking Ryder, Jake, Sam, and Blaine. They’re all pretty much the same guy, minus, oh, Sam was written dumber than dirt and oh, Blaine’s gay. Other than that, they’re all the same guy. Joe could have added a badly needed bad boy (never really bought Jake as a bad boy) who maybe could have been a good pairing for Tina since she broke up with Mike.

Comment by O-town – April 19, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and is it just me, or did Sam get more dumb this season? I mean, he never was the brightest crayon in the box, granted, but he wasn’t Brittany dumb last season. I love Brittany,she’s a nice comic relief, but having one of her is enough. I get they wanted to pair them up, but making them both that dumb and gullible is too much.

Comment by Ing – April 19, 2013 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Absolutely it seems that Sam got alot stupider this season; but I’m loving the bromance between him and Blaine. Doesn’t mean I want to see a Slaine situation, but the 2 of them get me laughing out loud. And when they snig together (think Hero’s), it’s intoxicating!

Comment by Judy – April 28, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im here for my baby Amber Riley/Mercedes Jones…. Anything shes going to be singing or apart of Ill be watching. Just for her only!

Comment by 504 – April 21, 2013 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How much longer do we have to wait for Marley/Ryder?

Comment by Ella – April 21, 2013 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh…Blaine. Vomit.

Comment by Trouty Mouth – April 23, 2013 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee fans got RIPPED OFF! I was so looking forward to seeing “Nightbird” this past week, what a crock that they advertise in their promo’s and on every website that Nightbird (whose hysterical; That Darren Criss has incredible comedic skills, not to mention singing, dancing and acting), would be showing then they cut it? WTH?

Comment by Judy – April 28, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post