NCIS Boss Weighs In on Cote de Pablo's Status, Says Ziva's Perilous Arc Is Pure Coincidence

Get More: Contract Talks, Finales

NCIS Will Ziva Return for Season 11That Agent Ziva David has embarked on a dangerous, season-ending mission to avenge her father’s death while portrayer Cote de Pablo is the only cast member not yet set to return to NCIS in the fall is pure coincidence, says showrunner Gary Glasberg.

“I have absolutely no qualms telling you that this storyline” — launched by the double murder of Eli David and NCIS director Leon Vance’s wife Jackie — “is something I was talking about last spring,” Glasberg asserts to TVLine.

RELATED | NCIS Spoilers on Mike Franks’ Return, McGee Meeting His Lookalike

“No, that’s not a game that I play,” putting a character in jeopardy when an actor’s status is TBD, he adds. “My job is to creatively keep the show going and do the best job that I can, and let other people work that stuff out. I’m all about the show.”

When last we tuned into TV’s most watched drama, Ziva had covertly set out to find Ilan Bodnar (played by Oded Fehr), the man she holds responsible for the deadly assault on Vance’s home. When the show returns next Tuesday to uncork the final four episodes of Season 10, “We send Ziva off, with Tony, on a clue trail that leads them to Berlin,” Glasberg previews. As things unfold, “This arc connects into the story that becomes the season ender and dovetails into what will propel us into Season 11.”

RELATED | NCIS Exclusive: JAG Favorite to Return in This Season’s ‘Nail-Biter’ of a Finale

But will de Pablo be around for the already renewed next cycle? When series lead Mark Harmon inked a new deal for Season 11 back in February, it left the actress as the only series regular in limbo. (The last time de Pablo entered contract talks, in 2011, she didn’t re-sign until late April.)

“I actually have had very little input and interaction with [negotiations],” says Glasberg. “We knew that we had this whole Bodnar arc for the second half of the season, and we’ve all been very focused on that.

“I’m confident that things will work out [with de Pablo],” he continues, “and we’ll present the best finale that we can and go from there.”

RELATED | NCIS Season 10 Casts Star Trek: TNG‘s Marina Sirtis as Mossad Boss

And will this season’s finale — titled “Damned If You Do” and airing May 14 — be the sort that leaves Ziva and/or others in some sort of jeopardy? “There are absolutely issues that come up, situations that leave us asking, ‘How is the team going to move forward? How will things change within the team?’” the show boss teases. “I’m not going to let you down in terms of that!”

Want more scoop on NCIS, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (325)

• Gary Glasberg is one of the best at invoking us fans to worry all summer!!! I can’t wait for the final four episodes to air. The family is so excited to see what will happen that we speculate about it to one another trying to see who will be closer to what really happens!!

Comment by DeeLoge – April 17, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi DeeLodge – I don’t think it will take all summer :) Ms. DePablo’s contract renewal is always up officially around this time of year, so she’s righwt here she should be. Mr. Glasberg has little to do with cast member’s contracts – it’s not his call, just like he stated. Ziva David is a beloved character, and she’s the 3rd lead on the series – therefore she is invaluable to NCIS; if she were to leave at such a late point in this already-aged series, NCIS would suffer a tremendous loss – no doubt about it. If I were a CBS Executive, I would be doing EVERYTHING possible to make sure she stays, and that she is HAPPY with whatever plans they have for the Ziva character (she has not been written consistently well for quite some time now). NCIS will not be on the air for much longer, past Season 11. The best thing they can do is make sure the series closes out with the same beloved cast fully in tact.

Comment by Nat – April 17, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not be on past Season 11…please tell me you are not serious…NCIS is by far the best show on T.V. And Ms. DePablo must not under any circumsances, leave the show. I have never watched a show where the characters compliment eachother they way this group of stars do…they are like one…so they must do whatever it takes to keep them all together…

Comment by J. Renda – April 17, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh I am DEAD serious. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you will notice that things are starting to wrap up/wind up on NCIS – just as they SHOULD. These characters deserve to move forward and do other things with their careers, and it’s time they spread their wings – ALL of them. Gibbs has done his job as their Mentor. Now it’s their turn to fly. There is no way NCIS can remain “stuck” as it is now with the characters not progessing and the series still be able to go on and on. ALL good things come to an end anyways. NCIS has had a wonderful life on TV, so there’s no shame in finally saying Goodbye when the time comes.

Comment by Nat – April 17, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well, let them spread their wings by taking over NCIS Los Angeles. Maybe they can revive it. Cool J is okay, but Toni needs to become the director L.A. NCIS. . NCIS is still a good show, but dependent on the characters at this point. They are the glue that makes NCIS a success. Thanks.

Comment by Lloyd – April 18, 2013 01:51 PM PDT
          • Have you lost your mind?????

Comment by Theresa – April 24, 2013 01:06 PM PDT
          • Either you don’t follow the ratings, or you’re getting watered down ratings! Wind down? WHAT show are seeing, because your obviously not watching. Spread their wings? Ha ha ha! As much as I live this cast, the only ones who have. REAL chance at getting a gig even close to the success of NCIS is Harmon and Pablo! It is you my dear who needs to get her head out from under a rock!

Comment by Jason – April 26, 2013 06:16 PM PDT
          • Stupid iPOS phone and auto correct!
            Either you don’t follow the ratings, or you’re getting watered down ratings! Wind down? WHAT show are seeing, because your obviously not watching. Spread their wings? Ha ha ha! As much as I love this cast, the only ones who have a REAL chance at getting a gig even close to the success of NCIS is Harmon and Pablo! It is you my dear who needs to get her head out from under a rock!

Comment by Jason – April 26, 2013 06:18 PM PDT
          • nat this show is not reality they had mash on for over 10 years and the korean war was only 3 lol wake up

Comment by rob – April 27, 2013 01:36 PM PDT
          • How exactly do “you” come by this vast knowledge of NCIS and when it will end?! Who exactly are you that you “know” the things you’re spewing?

Comment by suzyku – April 30, 2013 11:45 AM PDT
          • The end of each season has been a nail biter,. a well scripted, masterpiece of acting talent that puts us on hold during the summer heat only to see things heat up in the Fall NCIS and NCIS Las Angeles are two unique acting styles not to be combined. Something is compromised if that happens in my opinion. We can all thank the team for their commitment and excellence. It’s my sincere desire that Cote De Pablo returns for one last Hurrah

Comment by Connie – May 3, 2013 01:39 PM PDT
          • That’s what they said about Law and Order, too, but it was on for about 20 years, wasn’t it? And when there were cast changes, it still went on, with the new characters blending in as if they had been there forever. People have already left the show…Jenny and Kate…and characters have been added and then removed, and the show moves on. I’m not saying that it will still be here 8 or 9 years from now, but there is no reason that it “has” to end after the 11th year.
            As much as we love Ziva, if she decides to leave, there can be a replacement found who will become as much a part of the team as she is now, as Kate was, before her. Who knows? It might even be good for the team to shake it up a little.
            (ducking!! don’t yell at me!) I’m just saying that the world would not come to an end if Ziva went back to her family in Israel…As long as we have Gibbs, Tony, Abby, McGee and Ducky, everyone else is replaceable, even though they would be missed.
            And, yes, I do love that character – but, I agree, they have not been writing her very well lately, which is bothersome.
            Maybe that’s part of her hesitation in renewing?

Comment by Mary S – May 11, 2013 04:46 AM PDT
        • I agree, The show will not be the same should Ms De Pablo not return. I won’t watch any longer if she is gone. CBS needs to do what ever it takes to sign her again, make her happy!

Comment by Dawn Mallard Galloway – April 18, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I hope they keep Zeba and they keep this show

Comment by Carmen – April 23, 2013 10:31 PM PDT
          • Agree, they cant let Ms. dePablo go…she is part of the family!

Comment by by – April 24, 2013 09:33 AM PDT
          • Gee, how many people stopped watching when they killed off Kate? Was one of them you?

Comment by Carl Conrad – April 24, 2013 02:16 PM PDT
          • I wholeheartedly agree with you. Finally Tony and Ziva seem to beginning to admit their attraction to/for each other and once again the female character has to die. Put Ziva in a coma, settle the contract negotiations and put ‘OUR’ family back together. Do you not realize this is the BEST show on TV and you want to destroy the show????? Please we love Ms dePablo, reach an agreement with her and let’s get the episodes in the can. Our NCIS family needs ALL the family IN THE FAMILY, comprendez?

Comment by Marie Gill – April 27, 2013 06:55 PM PDT
          • you got that right who could replace such a beauty and have talent too.

Comment by Steven Alyea – April 30, 2013 05:32 PM PDT
          • you got that right who could replace such a beauty and have talent too. who is under the sheet it looks female ? Steven

Comment by Steven Alyea – April 30, 2013 05:40 PM PDT
          • Please do not let her go!! Do what ever it takes to keep her. She is one of the characters that makes the show work. Is almost loseing Gibbs. This is heartbraking news. Jean Perry

Comment by Jean Perry – September 20, 2013 10:17 AM PDT
        • You are truly right! There is such a cohesiveness amongst this group of stars.They do compliment each other. NCIS would not have gone this far if not for this great group of stars!. Hopefully, another 5 or so seasons? Maybe that’s wishful thinking;)

Comment by chamomoy – April 18, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I totally agree – fantastic cohesiveness! This won’t happen again on a show for a long time; it’s a rarity. As far as 5 more years: I respectfully disagree..but not because I don’t enjoy NCIS. You see, NCIS is unique in the fact that its success is built on being CHARACTER-driven; the storylines in each episode is secondary. That is not like other shows. NCIS could very well go “on & on” for 5 more years, 10 years, because the writing staff is very talented in conjuring up storylines about more “dead bodies found near Quantico”. That’s not hard for them. The problem is that the CHARACTERS cannot go on for 5, 10 more years. In a real life work environment, 10, 11 years is a long time for most people to do the same thing day in/day in & not progress or advance in their careers!! These characters are becoming “stuck” because they are not reflecting what real workers would be doing – especially in that environment.

For example, a man like Tony DiNozzo would NOT still be tagging along after a “Gibbs” in real life -at the age of 45. Tony was offered a job as a Team Leader once already; he CANNOT afford to turn down another TL offer at his age. It’s either now or never for him to find his own way. If NCIS keeps “going & going” (just because we don’t want the show to end) DiNozzo runs the risk of being stuck more than any other character on the show. He NEEDS to move on, for his career’s sake. Tim as well – he’s capable of much more now. If Ziva winds up with Tony – fine. I can see her taking time to raise some little DiNozzos (Grandpa Gibbs can babysit lol) & then perhaps doing something SHE wants to do within NCIS. They can teach/train other agents, run their own units, etc. I can’t see Ducky being on the show much longer; he & Gibbs have both earned the right to retire now. They’ve done their job! Abby will likely always have her job – she’s perfectly happy being a Scientist & she’s happily married to her work. I just think the characters should reflect what real people would be doing right now in their careers/their lives in that type of environment, since NCIS is primarily character-driven.

Comment by Nat – April 18, 2013 10:15 AM PDT
          • You are right about that. But it will be hard for all us NCIS fans to get use to it. It will feel like we lost a family. But we will move on but they won’t be forgotten. We just don’t want it to happen anytime soon though. I love NCIS and I will always watch all the reruns episodes if it does go off the air. But I will always follow up on all the actors in their careers. Because they are like family. We watch them grow. They are family.

Comment by Barbara Kimbler – April 18, 2013 10:38 AM PDT
          • Tony is too much of a “clown” to be a TL in a real life environment! This show could easily go on with character development, advancing Gibbs and having Tony as the TL. Wait, no. Because Tony is a CLOWN IN A SUIT! However, with the correct writing (and I do believe this writing staff has the talent to do so) there is plenty of room for “character development” for those with an open mind, imagination and creativity!

Comment by Jason – April 26, 2013 06:27 PM PDT
          • First off let me say I agree with all that you have said, I think Ncis has one of the very best cast of tv today they all compliment each other in certain ways,Ziva is a big part of their success and I hope they do what needs to be done to keep her as well as the rest of the crew.

Comment by Ernestine Henry – May 18, 2013 02:00 AM PDT
        • I agree with the comment about the ensemble cast being truly a wonderful, cohesive group, and the loss of any one of them would be sorely missed (including the non-agent supporting group (like (How do you spell Pierrette’s first name?) The only thing I’d like to see there is her character and McGee having a very close perhaps not romantic, but close friendship and relationship outside work (in fact, a spin-off with them solving crimes, a la the British series now running the Bletchley Circle or Elementary) would be nice.

Comment by Cindy – April 23, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Talk about spin offs, how about Tony and Ziva . Married, operate a training center for law enforcement with private investigators on the side. they have the comic side of their home life, drama in the cases they solve. Could even have Abby and Tim do guess spots. Id watch Ziva on any show.

Comment by nancy – April 24, 2013 07:17 PM PDT
          • There is no other show on Television with the quality of personnel and the depth of character formulation that accompolishes what NCIS does. None– their writers are superb – absolutely superb. Theirs is a mighty challenge but their choice of this particular group is unbeatable. It’s a challenge for each of them – Actor or writer -whether to stay or try something else-tough to make that decision and for writers to keep stories coming. But oh what they have accomplished. My heart breaks at the thought of losing any one of them. “OH powers that be –please please keep this continuing. Comment by Una July 9, 2013

Comment by una corley groves – July 8, 2013 01:34 PM PDT
          • We do not know if cote is staying or leaving. All we can do is waite.

Comment by Julie Merritt – July 9, 2013 04:46 AM PDT
        • Please, Please don’t kill off Ziva, she ‘s the only bad ass female cop the tv. If zava or mark hamon goes, it just won’t be a show for me. Ziva kicks Ass

Comment by ms may – April 23, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Susan – April 23, 2013 07:57 PM PDT
          • I’d really like to see Ziva and Tony have a happily ever after before NCIS goes off the air. Tony heading NCIS LA would be awesome (and married to Ziva). I will be so disappointed if either of them gets killed off.

Comment by Susan – April 23, 2013 07:58 PM PDT
          • your right @~@ can’t do this , let ziva die @_# thats just worng ,
            we live for this and just might anger alot of people , i for one could
            not finest ncis-la after that , @~@ i was so up-set i turn off the boob
            tube #_#

Comment by l blocker – April 24, 2013 09:15 AM PDT
          • we love ziva.

Comment by Rene – July 15, 2013 01:19 PM PDT
          • Ok people we do not know what they are going to do. Wait till September

Comment by Julie Merritt – July 15, 2013 02:43 PM PDT
        • Ziva read all these comments and know that you will be missed. Think real hard about you do. Alot of stars have walked away for a long running show and then can’t get a job. I could name several that have tried a make a new beginning and it hasn’t worked. You so perfect for what you do and of the puzzle in this show fits. We are praying you will sign !! We are OLD and we need you there to make us laugh and cry. We love our NCIS

Comment by JC – April 24, 2013 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • My goodness, JC, Ziva is the character,not the real person! If Cote de Pablo wants to return, I say, “wonderful” but don’t make a statement implying she is only a Ziva and she probably would not get a job elsewhere! Seriously? I want the NCIS team to stay intact as bad as anyone of the other thousands of fans, but please give her respect as an actress. She is so talented and I am eager to see her take on other parts in the future. NCIS is such a great TV series and the characters make me laugh and cry. When the series ends, I hope it goes out with a party!

Comment by Tiptoe – April 24, 2013 02:16 AM PDT
        • I totally agree, I’ve never been “into” a tv show as I am NCIS…..Ms DePablo please don’t go I’ve been waiting for you and Michael to “hit it off” FINALLY! lmao BEST SHOW ON!

Comment by Deb – April 24, 2013 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yes please don’t let ziva go if next year in last year they all must stay until the end i just started watching the show in January 2013 and i love it but i started watching cause ziva was a mossad agent and i love mossad.

Comment by kay johnson – April 24, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • give her what she wants, Gibbs might be the head of the team. but ziva and tony are it’s heart.

Comment by Perry Wilson – April 28, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hmm…I remember a show, back in 1966, where the main characters complimented each other at LEAST as well….and the secondary characters too. And yet, the show only lasted 3 seasons…..it was called “Star Trek.” Maybe you have heard of it.

In the world of TV, anything can happen.

Comment by Teri Donovan Springer – May 5, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree if Ms. De Pablo leaves I will not enjoy the show anymore. They do act as one and Kate Todd and Jenny Shepard have left if Ziva David leaves then the tem will fall apart. Ziva has also brought Gibbs back at least twice (when e ha amnesia from a bomb and when her half brother almost killed him). SHE CAN’T LEAVE THE TEAM!!!! UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANES!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Crystal – June 1, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NCIS is the only series I even watch on TV. I hope it goes on forever. When I thought Ducky had died i was going to quit watching the show. The team they have now makes the show. If any one of them leaves I will not watch it any longer. I was about to quit watching it when the first girl died, but Ziva came along, smiled and said a famous little quote in the ways she says them, she had me. i liked her right away. I hope you keep the cast you have now and if you end the show, keep the same cast and go out in a blaze of glory. Although I would really hate to see it end. I am a die hard NCIS person.

I used to love JAG, and when it went off part of my TV watching ended also. NCIS was a new beginning for me.

Comment by melba – April 17, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I whole heartly agree.

Comment by Laura Beck – April 24, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The first girl?? her name was Kate

Comment by tammie – April 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree NCIS is a great show.I also hope that every one comes back for season 11.All the actors have great chemistry .The show wouldn’t be the same.If it does ens after the 11th. season I hope that every one moves on in their lives,and that they don.t get killed off. You can end a show with out killing the actors off. HOORA and SIMPERFI. for season 11+ more.

Comment by Ellen – May 2, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Just FYI, it’s Oorah and Semper Fi.

Comment by Matt – May 2, 2013 04:30 PM PDT
        • Definately so .I would not miss it for the world. NCIS is the best. I love all the cast they are my life, my love, my crasy friends I don,t know what to think without them on my cable or my tv. Please NCIS donot go. Mark Harmon can not leave, no way. I love Ziva and Tony together. Yep you guys made my day.

Comment by Adina – May 3, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They can keep NCIS on for many more seasons. Why mess with that kind of Success? I always watch NCIS (and spin-off) when it airs, record it when it is a new episode & still watch all the reruns I can find. Ziva is a much loved, respected and integral part of this series, as are they all. They are humans who do impossible jobs to avenge the deaths of Navy personnel and show their dedication to our fallen comrades. They are showing a human side of the American military experience to our civilian population while omitting the graphic footage of the conditions that our soldiers encounter in battle everyday. Bless them.

Comment by Barbara Sturgill, Maj, MSC, USAR, Ret – April 17, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I to agree the show should continue till it can go no further ,there is a closeness in the whole team,I think this cast is the best by far,i also watch all the reruns on another network .this show caught my interest and have not been able to stop watching it, I also like all the csi shows ,this one however tops the list as number one .

Comment by James Adamo – April 23, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree wholeheartedly! NCIS is the best show on TV and I will be sorely disappointed if Ms. DePablo’s character Ziva leaves the show before it goes off the air all together, which I will hate! But I have been buying each season as it comes out on DVD, so I will have it forever! I also would be doing everything I could to keep Cote DePablo! No one else could fill her shoes! I would like to see her and Tony get together eventually!

Comment by vanessa garrett – April 20, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Amen. When it does end another foolish reality show for the mindless will be invented! Sick of them!!!

Comment by Prez Obozo – April 22, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Amen to that. I don’t like watching other peoples lives putting out their dirty laundry out to the world so to speak.
            Gibbs, Ziva, Tony, McGee, Abby, Ducky, Palmer and Vance really make the show. Look forward watching the shows.

Comment by Barbara Kimbler – April 22, 2013 02:56 PM PDT
          • I agree! Reality TV is rotting brains and ruining society by glorifying hatred and greed.(except maybe DWTS, VOICE) NCIS is one of the very few shows left that is intelligently written and promotes doing the right thing;using good judgement and giving respect when and where should be expected. We watch this show, and “reruns” , as a family with our boys. NCIS shows what can happen when you follow the morally right path or choose not to. It also gives good examples of when to use good judgement and give someone another chance to redeem themselves. It’s tough to keep a teenager engaged and away from PS3 for long so it must be a good show. Good work ethic examples too. Just for the record, a little Dinozzo crack upside the head never hurt anyone. We all grew up with them–hope I’m not aging myself too much!

Comment by Carolyn – April 23, 2013 06:35 PM PDT
          • Me too. I hate reality shows. I recorded all the shows of NCIS and watch them over and over again plus watch them on the other networks too. I never get tired of them.

Comment by Lisa – April 23, 2013 07:41 PM PDT
          • Reality show are the one that should end, not NCIS. NCIS is best show on tv.

Comment by Chris Taylor – April 23, 2013 09:45 PM PDT
      • If I am not mistaken, Sean Murray is the 3rd lead on NCIS.

Comment by Anne – April 20, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They are all leads

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 20, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sean Murray has been on longer than Cote de Pablo but she is the third lead. She is third in the credits and she and Michael Weatherly and Mark Harmon have the most screen time. Gary Glasberg has stated that Michael, Mark and Cote work almost everyday while the other actors only work a few days a week. If you look at the screen time, Cote, Michael and Mark carry the majority of the story lines and are featured on screen the most.

Comment by fan1 – April 21, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • All of them are the lead.

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 21, 2013 11:06 AM PDT
      • Do you work for the show or something?

Comment by Angela Reynolds – April 24, 2013 02:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree totally there is no way that this season will be a success is Ziva divid the character is gone. There would be no reason for me to watch to show .Tony and Ziva is the hit of that show especially Tony I believe they should someday come together that would make a great episode.

Comment by KEATH Starnes – April 24, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree – at the risk of many viewers turning elsewhere – please keep the cast you now have. There are many twists, turns, and guest actors to keep it interesting for everyone. Ms. DePablo is a plus to the cast and the show can only get better if you keep her.

Comment by Margaret – April 24, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope all the decision makers read your message, as I am in full agreement. She is such an important part of the success of the show.

Comment by Bill – April 24, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would hate to see Ziva go away. She is so important.She is wonderful and has really just come alive in her character. I love the way she is getting to be so personalable and so much more loving. I think it would be a mistake to let her go.

Comment by Laura Beck – April 24, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hopefully Cote will return! She would be missed for sure!

Comment by Pam Dean (@pamdean56) – April 24, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completly agree we can’t lose Ziva or any one else

Comment by Lee – April 24, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well i hope they stay as long as they can because all of them are really good actors

Comment by Roger Pellitteri – April 24, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i agree if ziva is not on the show then it willnot be wost watching by jim

Comment by jim roach – April 24, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I soooooo echo the comments made….that the show would NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT ZIVA!!! Whatever needs to happen, please keep this amazing cohesive cast together for as long as the series goes on…..maybe even season 12 (hope, hope). Each character plays soooo wonderfully off each other…..and each team player NEEDS to be there!!! As last season ended, I was one of those biting their nails thinking Ducky would not return. Ziva is such an integral part of the cast….and as many of you have stated, I would LOVE to see Tony and Ziva get together to have many little DeNozzos. It would be a natural progression for both characters, as they have gone through soooo much together. EVERY character is needed….and that has been the NCIS success for all these seasons. Kate played a wonderful role in the early seasons…and I agree that Ziva came in and seamlessly became the strong, caring, sophisticated, fiercely loyal team member whom each has each other’s backs. Please, PLEASE, do whatever it takes to make sure Ziva continues with the show into whatever many seasons NCIS will run. I am an NCIS junky, watching all the re-runs on every station I can catch it on. This is, by far, the best program on TV. We have watched ALL the characters grow–both on their own and as a team. As one who has watched every show…….I am overjoyed to hear there WILL be a season 11….and I do sooo hope a season 12 as well. The writers are fantastic at making the scripts new and fresh, weaving mystery, solid investigative abilities in each cast member……and this program –and all these many, many comments–proves the series is still very much alive and viable, with many more story lines possible. Please, please, PLEASE KEEP EVERY CAST MEMBER TOGETHER FOR THE REMAINING UPCOMING SEASON(S). YOU HAVE THE MOST AVID FANS AND WE WILL REMAIN HOOKED ON WHAT IS TRULY THE VERY BEST PROGRAM ON TV!!!!!!! Thanks to each actor and everything you continue to bring to add richness to your characters. YOU MAKE AN AWESOME, FANTASTIC TEAM!!!! KEEP THEM ALL TOGETHER!!

Comment by Barbara Olson – April 24, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree 100%. Leave the team alone. You have one of if not the best show on TV.

Comment by Johnny – May 11, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think NCIS would be a team if Ziva is written out. I Love the show and it wouldn’t be as enjoyable without the constant prattle between her and Tony But the rest of the cast is just as important!!1

Comment by Lonni – June 27, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WE WANT ZIVA BACK.

Comment by Rene – July 15, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • We need to respect her decision. It was her decision to leave after 8 years

Comment by Julie Merritt – July 15, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When does Ncis 11 start in the uk

Comment by Fiona chalmers – October 11, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I do not know. I know it started here September 24

Comment by Julie Merritt – October 11, 2013 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NCIS will not be the same without ZIVA!
      PLEASE BRING HER BACK!!!!!

Comment by Donna Terrell – April 25, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the show & always have. I really appreciate the fact that all the characters have both strength & weaknesses, the writers play them off one another very well. I like my 2 girls to see females portrayed w/ powerful positions( x director), high IQ’s, & physical strength. I want them to be not only expect, but to get respect in their lives. I believe the show does this. Although, Tony has made off comments, there never was a question in my mind that he always respected his coworkers. Remember MASH same thing, but more respect in this show. Although, I probably would not like my daughters to go off to war I think they should get to chose for themselves. Oooorah for showing powerful women & men that can function together. I would love to see Tony & Ziva get married. Ziva’s flashback where she remembers what her dad said is hopefully leading to this. If not better leave the ending open w/ perhaps a crisis w/ what remains of her family. Could always do a few scenes w/ conversations on computer skyping. That would leave an opening for her return. How great would it be later to have a reunion show if they refuse to do it now w/ little Ziva”s & Tony’s. Someone said CdP is getting married. If she gets pregnant write it in. A lot if the fans would love it. The network could even create a site for baby gifting. With real items given to needy organizations across the world depending on where the giver was from. For example USA : then a state, UK : etc. You get the idea. It would be a great way to help those in need & let the fans do something fulfilling & more interactive w/ the show than watching. Hope the execs read this.

Comment by LeAnn – May 4, 2013 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If de Pablo leaves so will many many watchers. She makes the show exciting and give it a romatic touch with Tony. I would hope that this part of the show would continute to develop.
      Anyone thinking about letting her leave is not thinking this through very well. I for one would not watch anymore. Yes, she is not the only one who draws views to the show but she sure is at the top of the cast.

Comment by Maryann Scalamieri – May 15, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Senora Maria Jose Cote de Pablo:
      Su necessita stay on NCIS,Llame Les Moonves, y diga el su cambio su mente y usted quiere una season con NCIS. Ahorita!
      Gracias por tu attencion,
      Cristobal

Comment by Chris Kamb – July 30, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She is leaving. CBS tried to get her to stay, they offered her more money and Mark Harmon tried to get her to sign, but she wanted to leave.

Comment by Julie Merritt – July 30, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Though he says it is just coincidence, it can’t be just conincidence. He knew, as have all of the fans, that Cote’s contract was up at the end of this seasons. So to have a big arc for her when her contract is up…

Comment by Zorkel567 – April 17, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know. Sure he knew the Cote had her contract up. But she could have reached a resolution at any time. He has long said he reached this storyline last year, Now depending on how dire the finale is… But I do think it’s coincidence. It’s been awhile Ziva has had a big closing season arc. The last few have been Gibbs or team oriented. And this one becomes about the team. We know the show is back. It’s keeping it a mystery. I do think it’s a coincidence. But it does force him to have a plan in case she does leave.

Comment by Stacey – April 17, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think she’ll sign on. The show may be popular and doing very well, but she’s been on it for over 8 years now. She may finally want to go off and do other things. I think that after next season that the show will finish on it’s own terms (if most actors/characters don’t return), but I think that a 12th (and final season) is possible.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – April 17, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She has said she’s very happy with the show. I think it comes down to money and how much CBS Is willing to spend. Or it just a formality, and the show is keeping secret for the moment to keep more suspense. There is still time. No way will CBS want to lose such a big member of what makes NCIS successful. Last time she didn’t reach a resolution until April. So it’s fine…

Comment by Stacey – April 17, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gary is the king of hyping up a scene or storyline and then delivering “meh”. Let’s remember Life Before His Eyes. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Comment by Dee – April 17, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m OK with losing Ziva. But, I wish they would bring in Tea Leoni as a love interest for Gibbs.

Comment by lyn – April 17, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no way in love interest for Gibbs. he’s good at doing what he does best. focusing on the job. love interest would be a distraction of his work.

Comment by Barbara Kimbler – April 17, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m responding to the post where Tea Leoni be good match. NOT!!! First and for most she can not act, she’s not very pretty and she’s not a red head!! OMG no way Leoni. UGH

Comment by Toni Wyatt – April 20, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who is Leoni?

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 20, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No losing Ziva

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 20, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’s a coincidence and I believe that Cote told them she was leaving. They may have had that storyline but I’m willing to bet you they know something we don’t. That’s exactly what they did with Jenny (no one was aware of the ending even Mark Harmon as ex producer). Well if she leaves I have to say she did an unbelievable job this year that was Emmy worthy. She and Mark Harmon have terrific range in their acting technique. Ziva I will miss you!

Comment by Kathy – April 17, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Ziva or any of the team leaves it will ruin the show and i don’t think Gibbs should ahve a lady,he’s stayed true to his wife and daughter which is a part of that show as much as any of the actors. It is one of the base’s of the show. This is the best show on Tv , Id rather pay tp watch this program than go to a movie. No Dont Take Any Of Them Off

Comment by kathy massey – April 17, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You do know he was married at least twice after his wife died, right?

Comment by Jane – April 17, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes. But, the didn’t last because his love for his first family gets in the way.

Comment by Susan – April 23, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i’am on the same page with you,,,seen each show dozens of times

Comment by j.helm – April 17, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I get NCIS withdrawal if I miss a day – even if I’ve already seen the episodes!!!!!

Comment by Sondra Kay – April 17, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would be very dissappointed if any of the cast members leave. NCIS is a great show and it is so because of the great cast. Please leave it alone, don’t fix what doesn’t need to be fixed.

Comment by Felicia Whaley – April 18, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Felicia I agree with You

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 18, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Felicia I agree. I also wander if the murder of the Mossad Officer is connected with Eli’s murder

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 19, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am hoping that Ziva does not leave. It is my all time favorite show and I pray it goes on for a few more years. I’m not understanding all this negative feedback about yea let the show go, real people don’t work jobs longer than ten years, blah, blah, blah. Seriously there are millions of people who stay at their jobs longer than ten years. Besides it’s not real, it’s a TV show that can do whatever it wants and have any kind of story line it wants. And Jenny had to leave to pursue other things, well she’s not in media no where. Most actors who leave a successful show such as NCIS to pursue other fields in the industry end up doing absolutely nothing. You won’t find them in any kind of movie or another TV show. They basically disappear. I sure would rather see them on NCIS than not to be working at all. LONG LIVE NCIS !!!!

Comment by Toni Wyatt – April 20, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Same here

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 20, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lauren Holly has been very out-spoken that she was released, she did not choose to leave.

Comment by Marissa – April 20, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • They better not let Ziva leave

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 20, 2013 06:05 PM PDT
          • Well, I didn’t like Lauren Holly or Sasha Alexander. I adore McGee and Abby. The whole cast is awesome. I would like to see McGee and Abby do more . I am NOT very satisfird with NCIS/LA
            THAT show really needs some major work.

Comment by Helen – April 24, 2013 08:07 AM PDT
          • Lauren Holly moved to Ontario and is busy in shows taping there plus occasional movies. She plays a naughty version of Ducky on “Motive”, which has just shown up on ABC as a summer replacement series.

Comment by John R. Grout – June 4, 2013 03:49 PM PDT
        • Very true. It’s usually a career ender.

Comment by Susan – April 23, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Being “true” and noble to his dead family can only go for so long. At some point it gets pathetic.

Comment by Jason – April 26, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, Ziva must not leave this way, it would not be fair in many ways. Not fair to her character because she would never have the personal reward of all of her professional dedication. Not fair to team mates, for such a loss at this point would end not just the season but the whole show would crumble, not fair to Tony because he has always loved her, done right by her and his character deserves more fulfillment, which of course we know he will find in Ziva. Not fair to ME!!! I cannot bear for Ziva to end. When I watch the show, I AM Ziva. If she ends, then, my character has to end too. On Tuesday nights, I am Ziva….

Comment by Mary Kay – April 23, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree lets keep Tiva

Comment by Annonimous – July 26, 2013 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Cote has made her decision

Comment by Julie Merritt – July 26, 2013 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I have to admit I have been mesmerized by this storyline this year and I too think that Cote is leaving. I saw an interview where she talked of her contract and she did say that she yearns to do other things like work with some Latino directors and then she said “and that’s as far as I’ll go”. To me she is leaving. I think she has done a great job this year making me cry when her father died. Can not wait to see the revengeful Ziva again. I have to think that it’s possible as someone said that NCIS will possibly end when Mark’s next contract is up. I have loved the ride though.

Comment by Cindy Woods – April 17, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate to say it because Ziva is my favorite character but I think everyone knows she’s leaving. I never really watched NCIS until that character came on. If she leaves I’m not sure the show will have the same bite to me. The storyline doesn’t matter it’s the season finale. CDP was fantastic this year. The scene with her father dying to me was the best acting job of 10 years of the show. Mark Harmon was a close second when he lost his memory.

Comment by John – April 17, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH HELL NO! they better not kill off ziva just cuz she’s PLAYING WITH FIRE trying to hunt down the S.O.B who killed her father. i’m really liking this side of her…..SHE’S GONE ROUGE. since you people annouced that mossad has a new FEMALE director i really want to see how ziva and the new boss interact w/ each other.

Not just in the up coming ep. next month but also next season if *both characters are back*. i love this show and losing another agent like ziva I SAY IS A MISTAKE. with her skills they’re never gonna find an agent like her. NCIS BRING COTE DE PALBO BACK!

Comment by Rae – April 17, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do know that if she wants to leave, there is nothing they can do. There is a chance she wants to leave and do other things, and so this is setting up a final story for her.

Comment by Zorkel567 – April 17, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please don’t mess with a good thing!!! I love this show and if Ziva goes that’s is going to be very bad for your ratings!!! Renew her contract and LEAVE THE TEAM ALONE!! Mark Harmon, Rocky Carroll, and Ziva are fantastic!! If someone has to go take the dipstick out autopsy!! But leave everyone else in place, this crap about someone having a look alike is soooo stupid.

Comment by Janet – April 17, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Janet — every show needs comic relief, and Palmer adds a lot. His relationship with Ducky is important to the show. When Ducky had the heart attack at Palmer’s wedding, and Palmer had to take Ducky’s place — great work, Palmer. They wrote his part in just the right way, hesitant to take his place and “carry the mantle” of his mentor, but strong and reliable when the moment came. I hope we don’t lose ANY of the characters going into next season, but if we do, most of us will still love and watch the show for its last season. :o(

Comment by Reademnweep – April 23, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Rae? Do you mean rogue?

Comment by Anita – April 20, 2013 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ziva isn’t Rogue. Remember Vance and Gibbs sent Tony with her to hunt for Bondra. also remember Mossad believes in an Eye for an Eye

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 20, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Remember Ziva is not Mossad anymore so she has not gone Rogue and I think that the new Director and Mossad will go into action since a murdered Mossad Officer was murdered

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 20, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Laura Beck – April 24, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh no no no she is not leaving, she is not leaving!!!
    No after the promo of Berlin no no no I’m totally overwhelmed by what they shown us in the promo, I forgot to breathe, my heart was beating so hard OMG I just died a little that is how excited i am. i repeat she is no leaving!!

Comment by kenya – April 17, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So you know that someone may or may not sign, yet put them in a crucial storyline. Yea I’d say that isn’t a coincidence. I’d say that intentional. You had all the information you needed before the season started and the writing started.

Comment by Len – April 17, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS has come this far because of all the characters chemistry. Without Cote de Pablo next season, Ncis will never be the same. Nobody can replace Cote. She was perfect for the part! Her entrance to the show made it complete,however if she exits the show it surely will be a sad day:( But I wish her all the best in all her future endeavors! I still hope she will come back.

Comment by Debra – April 17, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sure, I wish her all the best too, but ending a show like NCIS can no longer be about an individual character….it is about US. We are invigorated, enlivened by these characters and the writers would be killing US off if they killed off Ziva. Don’t they have psychologists to analyze the impact of ending a beloved character ?

Comment by Mary Kay – April 23, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping she re-ups for another run. I’m a fan but if she doesn’t, they’ll find a way. I remember people thought that they wouldn’t survive without Lauren Holly and they did. Same with Sasha Alexander. NCIS will survive. The only person they absolutely can’t lose is Mark Harmon. He’s the soul and guts of the show. After that, it won’t be the same, but anyone else can leave and the show can survive (even my all time fave Pauley – I love me some Abby!!!!) They got about another two to three years left in them, maybe more… Look how long CSI has survived…. :-)

Comment by sladewilson – April 17, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sasha left after the second year. Very different than year 10. After being on the show for 8 years. And Lauren Holly wasn’t that major of a character. Ziva is way more engrained in the show. So no, it’s very different for the show to try to bring in someone new if Ziva were to leave. I think she’ll resign. While she might want to try other things, the money and she seems happy with NCIS! The show still gets 22 million viewers. I think she’ll stay.

Comment by Stacey – April 17, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Personally I never did like Kate and Lauren Holly, she was okay. Ziva and Abby are the best! I hope Zive doesn’t want to leave just yet. I don’t think I can watch it anymore if she leaves.

Comment by Dawn Mallard Galloway – April 18, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Ziva/Cote should actually leave NCIS. I hope they do not kill off her character so that if she decides to come back then there will be a place for her.

Comment by chamomoy – April 17, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CdP and can’t imagine the show without her. I hope she comes back. Sometimes I think “why would you walk away from the #1 show” and she will be back. Other times I thinks she’s leaving. I am just trying to calm my nerves by thinking she did not sign until late April last time and PP, SM, and MW didn’t sign until June of last year, I believe. So fingers crossed……I hope she returns. Ziva fans keep the faith.

Comment by Sis – April 17, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The “‘nail-biter’ of a finale” will remain such until news of Cote RE-SIGNING is released. CBS needs to give her whatever she wants IMO — Bonus? Done! Car? Done! LOL Open note to Cote — please re-sign! Some say that she wants to leave, but I am of the belief that had she let them know this, Mark Harmon would not have re-signed his contract, therefore ending the series. He was quoted somewhere as saying that without Cote, NCIS would no longer be … or something to that effect. However, that being said, Cote’s contract renewals have ALWAYS make me nervous. Her background is theater and musicals and she has stated that she does miss doing those. I haven’t a clue how it all works, but if it was part of MW’s contract that he direct an episode, then CBS should give her a couple paid episodes off so she can take advantage of some theatrical performances. I know, easier said than done! Grrrrr! What’s funny, is that I have NEVER EVER paid attention to actors and their contracts — who cares! I couldn’t give a rats a$$ — it’s just a show! But this is NCIS, offshoot of JAG and one of the BEST ensemble casts EVER. ::whimper:: I am not normally a “Who Moved My Cheese” sort of person, but in this instance, back away from the cheese! :D

Comment by Claire – April 17, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva HAS to come back. The show wouldn’t be the same without her. Besides the sexual tension between her and Tony is electrifying!

Comment by Vall – April 17, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree zive has to come back give her more money

Comment by shirley – April 17, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she doesn’t leave, she is my fav in the show

Comment by andy – April 17, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She better not leave or forget the 20 million. The Ziva storyline and backstory is the only reason I watch. Gary Glasberg better get involved in the negotiations or else we have to rely on the CBS honcho’s.

Comment by K – April 17, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is basically saying he didn’t design this storyline in order to write her out and that he is “positive things will work out”. So if CBS doesn’t screw up badly we should be good.

Comment by Svenja – April 17, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my God! Can’t let Ziva leave the show!!!!!! The whole cast is absolutely wonderful but the character of Ziva is my IDOL!!!! I want to be Ziva David in my fantasy world lol…love her roll!!

Comment by Sondra Kay – April 17, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too! ;)

Comment by Brenda – April 17, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me to, except when I want her to be my girl-friend!

Comment by Sue Roediger – April 17, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!! She can’t leave, they are a TEAM!! I love them all!

Comment by Brenda – April 17, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG If Ziva leaves it will be terrible. I didn’t start watching the show until she came on….I love her role….I think she should be a love interest of Callen on NCIS Los Angels…He needs a real woman…lol

Comment by Kit – April 17, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you let Ziva go, you will get what will make Gibbs’ hardest head slap seem like a love tap. This cast is perfect together, leave it alone or a lot of fans will leave you alone.

Comment by M L Woods – April 17, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I’ll have to quit watching the best show on TV, if you take Ziva or any other cast members off.

Comment by Anna Coltrane – April 17, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed

Comment by Dawn Mallard Galloway – April 18, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DITTO . This is the best show on TV and we need to remember it is a TV show so they don’t get promoted etc . this is not real life. It would be terrible if the “team” was changed My theory is
      DON’T MESS WITH SUCCESS. ALL MEMBERS ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE GREAT SHOW. WE DON’T NEED ANOTHER REALITY SHOW!!! BRING THE ENTIRE CAST BACK WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Comment by IRIS FOGARTY – April 25, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I sooooooo agree….do not mess with the amazing success of the best ensemble cast, including writers, directors, etc. on TV. It is the #1 show for a reason….and ALL the characters are needed to play off each other …….. it is total perfection now…..PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP THIS CAST TOGETHER FOR AS MANY SEASONS AS POSSIBLE!!!! Bring Ziva, and all the cast members, back!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Barbara Olson – April 25, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t fix something that is not broken.

Comment by Tom Charters – April 17, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I completely understand the desire to leave and do something new, and Cote is more than entitled to do what she likes. However, Pauley and others have said that they ALL absolutely love going to work every day, and are all happy and in love with doing the show. I don’t think she will leave, although it does worry me a little bit. I LOVE the character of Ziva, and I can’t imagine the show without her. It isn’t the same as losing Sasha or Holly, as their time on the show was significantly less.

And as for how her absence would affect the storyline… I don’t think the other characters could cope very well with losing her, particularly this soon after her father and Mrs. Vance were murdered.

Comment by 4theloveoffilm – April 17, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cote has also said that she and Michael have an adversarial relationship at times. In fact, she compared to to Ziva and Tony’s relationship. More and more cast members are mentioning the dysfunctional part of the family aspect. If Cote leaves, I’m sure it will be for her own reasons, be it that she and Diego are getting married, or that she wants to explore opportunities and other roles.

Comment by Marissa – April 17, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn, there goes my wish for the season finale, start of the new season. I had such high hopes that we would see accountability for Ziva David, consequences for actions let slide for entirely too long. I’ve gone from fan to nearly hating her very presence. How sad is that?

Comment by Lizabeth S. Tucker (@LizabethSTucker) – April 17, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your far from alone in that.

Comment by Marissa – April 17, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’d never know it based on the postings here.

Comment by Lizabeth S. Tucker – April 17, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But the mailing board that Harriet maintains has alot of criticism of her. This and Twitter and Face Book cater to younger fans who ship her and Tony.

Comment by Marissa – April 17, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • no everyone here that love cote is young or ship her with tony just letting you know.

Comment by kendall – April 17, 2013 02:59 PM PDT
          • Yes, well the Yahoo group of which you speak (which Harriet does NOT maintain BTW) has been taken over by about 20 adamant Ziva (and by default Tiva haters). Even though that group can boast of hundreds of members if you pay attention – there are only 20 or so that actually post – because the others have been bullied out. I wouldn’t put much stock in anything you read on that site.

Comment by the color purple – April 17, 2013 03:32 PM PDT
          • Harriet does not maintain that forum. She is the show fan liasion and merely posts schedules and answers some fan questions that are posted there. The forum used to be a great place to discuss NCIS, not anymore.

Comment by Sam – April 17, 2013 03:45 PM PDT
          • The mailing list is heavily moderated. The posts, positive or negative, that can make their points politely, without getting nasty are approved. Those people who don’t understand the difference between making a point nicely without insulting those that disagree seem to think that they’re being discriminated against. I’ve seen it from both sides. If they say things on the list that they say on other forums, I understand their posts being rejected. There’s no polite disagreement anymore. In this narcissistic world, however, someone is always complaining about being bullied or picked on. It lessens the victims of true bullying.

Comment by Lillian – April 17, 2013 04:23 PM PDT
    • It’s very common. She’s soundly hated. The show would be MUCH better if they killed her off and put her out of our misery. She’s worthless.

Comment by tejas – April 18, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva, get your a$$ over here to Daytona, I’ll buy dinner and we talk business: You can’t do this to your team: leave them alone !

Comment by BERNT VON GRABE – April 17, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not watch Tv, except for NCIS, It is a perfect team, Ziva is the best, hope it rides for another year

Comment by Sandi Mc Clung – April 17, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she moves on. Her character is uninteresting.

Comment by Becca – April 17, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Cote wants to leave, I’m sure she has her reasons. There are a lot of roles out there for women under 35, and not as many lead roles for women over 35. She said in an interview too that she wants to be a mom. Maybe if she leaves it is for more important things than the show or the role.

Comment by Marissa – April 17, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How lucky you guys are in America. Over here we get instalments which are, like tonight’s (Wednesday 17th April) out of sequence. Obviously you are ahead of us and quite rightly but here in bonny Scotland, we adore the team and the story lines and find ourselves believing the characters are totally real. And that is the secret of their success. Keep ‘em coming, please….Beryl M Beattie.

Comment by Beryl Beattie – April 17, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS is # 1 show on TV and what make it good is the team dynamic , i hope she stay love her and love her character, please don’t mess with the show.

Comment by kendall – April 17, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva had better be back or I am gone baby gone.

Comment by Mike – April 17, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva is the most interesting female character on TV today – she can’t be pigeonholed and I love that about her. I love what they have done with her storyline this season and I am hopeful we see more of that play out in Season 11. I do hope that NCIS plans to go out on top – I would hate to see it go the way of CSI which was a great show and despite a great cast and good characters it is now old and tired. All good things must come to end eventually and I hope TPTB at NCIS and CBS take the smart approach and end the series perhaps after next season – the cast is getting older and frankly stereotyped.

Comment by Gary – April 17, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva is one of my favorite people in the show. They are an awesome team interacting so well together. They need to stay together.

Comment by Sharon – April 17, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The team dynamic would suffer greatly without Ziva. She has to come back.

Comment by Hanna Stanfield – April 17, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No! No! No!
    No Ziva
    No show
    She has to come back, give her what she wants. Best actress on the show. I have loved her character since she first appeared. NCIS wouldn’t be the same without her. Even Mark Harmon has said without Cote there is no show.

Comment by Trish A. – April 17, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I definitely agree there is no show without Ziva. She has been my girl since she was first introduced.
      Len

Comment by Len – April 23, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All i can say is: while there is nothing wrong with the other characters and their dynamics………the character ZIVA is my main reason to watch. I never miss an episode. i don’t think I’d be so captivated without Ziva. The quiet strength of her character, her wilingness to do whatever it takes, the fantasty of a wonder woman agent/soldier who can totally kick ass. PLUS the fact that Coto de Pablo is such a good actor and so easy to look at…………….well who could ask for more. If you lose Ziva, you’ll most likely lose me. Straight women see themselves in Ziva, Lesbians do to be we also would love get to know her.

Comment by Sue Roediger – April 17, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva must stay or I must go.

Comment by Marisol – April 17, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To quote Tony from the season 7 premiere, Ziva is not replaceable. And that goes for Cote as well. After being on the show for 8 yrs, I think it would be detrimental to the show and its ratings to loose her. We have gotten used to her since she came on board 8 yrs ago and the chemistry of the cast is amazing. Mark Harmon and Cote have a great relationship which I believe carries alot of weight. He has said she is absolutely integral to the show. We can’t lose Ziva. If we do, I won’t be able to watch anymore. Just wouldn’t be the same.

Comment by Kat – April 17, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How much do you want to bet that Cote de Pablo is keeping her contract under wraps until the final outcome of the season finale has aired? I wouldn’t doubt it in the least if she has already been signed and that NBC is asking her to keep it quiet, leading to the suspense.

I’d be willing to bet that she’s already signed and that the network and de Pablo are both keeping silent about her renewed contract.

Comment by kenchi – April 17, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am hoping that this is the case. When the season finale aired last year and ended with Ducky collapsed on the beach, the renewal of his contract had already been made public in April(?). While the ending was still excellent and well played, it probably did not cause as much of a stir/anxiety as it could have if that news had been delayed. Lesson learned? I don’t know, but I certainly HOPE this is the case.

Comment by Claire – April 17, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe, but the news leading up until now has been that there will be complications for the NCIS team. Don’t know what they meant by it but I think that there may be casualties that are coming in the season finale but that Cote has been a main cast member since Season 3. It could be that NBC is trying to play that up.

Comment by kenchi – April 17, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she has to come back or the show won’t be the same. so please have her back on the show.
    t

Comment by pat meyers – April 17, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont think i would watch week after week without Ziva as she is my favorite character. Please Ms de Pablo sign your contract & put us out of our misery, it will be a long summer if we have to wait until the season 11 premiere to find out if my beloved Ziva is coming back.

Comment by Mark – April 17, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Remember Ziva is the weapon!! We need her to return.

Comment by Dorothy – April 24, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva is one of the best characters for NCIS…plus all the MAIN CHARACTERS need to stay or there will be no NCIS!! ZIVA need to stay on and all the cast members…NCIS is my favorite shows and if there is no ZIVA, no one else can replace her character…PLEASE DO NOT LET ZIVA GO! and or any of the MAIN CHARACTERS! NCIS will never be the same they all work great together and NCIS IS THE NUMBER 1 SHOW! I will never watch it if Ziva or any of the main cast is killed off!!! KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS!!!!!

Comment by Laura – April 17, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you. No Ziva, no NCIS.

Comment by patty – April 25, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She can’t act whatsoever … If she leaves, it will e a blessing to the show. Get rid of a terrible actress and an ugly one at that with a widows peak. Ugh.

Comment by Dave – June 6, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva must come back, she is a very important person on the show and adds a lot of spark. Glad to see an old JAG person back during the need of the season. But think about the finale of last year, when Ducky fell on that sandy beach of a heart attack I thought he would be a goner but Ducky and the whole Gibbs team were together this year.

Comment by Linda Pugliese – April 17, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure if I would keep watching the show without Ziva. It would be like a good salad without the dressing. Don’t mess with the Best. Aloha.

Comment by jerry jaramillo – April 17, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Ziva left in the danger, purely for the angst of it all! That always makes for fun storytelling! But more than that, I want the season to end with her and Tony making a big step toward romance ;)

Comment by AngelMoon Girl – April 17, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Weatherly’s character is handsome, charismatic, intelligent, funny and a diligent agent. It is not reasonable that he has had only one serious romance in 10 years and that ended tragically. The character needs a love interest. “Tony” is not getting any younger.
      As for the show well Law and Order have made it long past the 10 year mark. It is a solid show and does not need to flicker and fade. Before this show M Harmon was reduced to made for tv movies. It has revived his career and is well deserved because he has always been an incredible actor. The entire cast has chemistry. Why would they want to leave? After 10 years they are definitely typecast.
      Tony and Ziva can fall in love, she can get pregnant and only appear occasionally. That could possibly satisfy her wonderlust. All the characters need to stay. It is an irreplaceable dynamic. Let them all have time off sporadically. We don’t need to see them every week, we just need to know that we will see them all again.
      Perette strikes me as a woman who has all she wants. A happy home life and a career she loves with co-workers she loves. She does not strike me as a person who is stuck on the “fame and fortune” syndrome. I think she is in a good place and can be contented with the way things are. In life she is truly far more than just an actress. She is a loving person and vital in her community.

Keep NCIS. Keep the cast, if only part time. Let the show run for 20 years. There is so much to work with. They all need love interests. Imagine if Gibbs fell in love:)
      Oh yeah, bring that reporter back. That would be good tv. I remember her from soap operas. She is a good actress and a good match for the Gibbs character. Enough already! Get me off here

Comment by tlc – April 29, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope that Cote is not leaving! It would not be the same show id she did. In terms of Gibbs and love interest…. the only possibilities that I really liked were Jenny and Dr Ryan… I don’t think any others would measure up. This season has been excellent and has had me waiting desperately to see the next episode. I like the way that they have developed the TIVA relationship even if just very slightly. I believe that they have another few seasons left in them. If Cote leaves next seasons will definitely be the last as they won’t cope with the loss of someone so important this far into the show. When Kate died it was sad and I was worried but it had only been 2 seasons worth of development…not the 8 like we have seen with Ziva. :D

Comment by seamonkey – April 17, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post