ABC Pulls Monday's Bomb-Themed Castle

Castle Episode BombABC has decided to delay Monday’s Castle, which features a bomb-related plot, in light of this week’s attack at the Boston Marathon, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Fox Yanks Boston Marathon-Tinged Family Guy in Wake of Attack

The episode, titled “Still,” finds the team attempting to disarm a bomb that Beckett has stepped on. It will now air one week later on Monday, April 29.

The episode originally scheduled for April 29, “The Squab and the Quail,” will now air on April 22, replacing “Still.”

1. Kate says:

If you read the article it says that Still will be aired a week later, so I really can’t see it making too much of a difference. Castle episodes tend to be stand alone anyway. To be completely honest, I am more excited for The Squab and the Quail than Still although I can’t wait for either. Love this show

2. So let me get this straight the episodes will be airing out of sequence. So why do they just not put a rerun on then put the next episode on after that push back the finale a week.

• Nicola says:

It’s probably (at this stage with it being less than a month until the finale) a bigger hassle to alter the schedule than it is to just risk a week of chronology/continuity issues existing. By the time 5×21 airs on the 29th those who avoided watching this coming Monday will then be caught up (in the order intended) and those who didn’t can then just watch 5×22 again after ‘Still’ airs so that they’re understanding of the timeline to date, no longer feels discombobulated.

3. K says:

Castle is a show. Castle is fiction not reality. People don’t have to watch still if they don’t want to. My heart goes out to the city of Boston and the victims but after a tragedy life goes on that is just the cold truth.

• a says:

That’s the whole point of pulling the show. ABC figured people *wouldn’t want to watch*. They would lose ratings. So they pulled it.

4. J.L. Jones says:

I’m tired of the knee-jerk, we can’t offend our viewers, reactions by the network programmers. They sure as heck weren’t being very considerate when they were looping the raw video the injured being carted away nor the long-shots of blood on the sidewalk.

When we alter our lives because of a terrorist act, the terrorists have won.

I feel as though my intelligence has been assaulted and victimized by ABC.

5. Christy says:

Totally respect ABC’s decison. Although I still think it would have made more sense to air a repeat this week, “Still” next week and go on from there. Then they would still be in order and get the week postponement. I am just thankful they are going to air “Still” the week after. I was a little concerned they would cancel it altogether.
    Well the delay means that “Still” now falls within the guidelines for Ausiello’s May Sweeps Scorecard….Hmmm

6. Jennifer says:

I don’t care if show is out of “order”, I’ll survive even if the episode never airs. I DO care about integrity and respect for victims of bombing. TV isn’t reailty. 3 lost souls and numerous other victims, some who’ve lost body parts, that’s their new reality.

7. Ettie says:

NBC should pull Ready For Love since it is also bomb themed.

8. Yuka says:

This is absolute bull….! No wonder noone watches regular TV anymore. It’s a TV show not real life.

9. Krithika says:

I really have no idea if ABC did what they did for PR or for showing their support but I will pray for all the victims and their families. And since I don’t live in the US I can watch “The Squab And The Quail” after I’m done with “Still.” My viewership is surely not gonna be considered so I guess I can wait one more gruelling week and watch them both in the intended order.

10. bobbie says:

I generally don’t like anything that’s an edge-of-your-seat type scenario. I tried 2x to watch the 24 series, just couldn’t do it. I skip hostage and home invasion movies, etc. So, even though I find that Castle has great characters, and often an amusing and entertaining episode, sometimes it’s very disappointing. Maybe there are just way too many edge-of-your-seat type movies and tv episodes. Maybe they’re just not done right. I don’t even think that much stress is good for you.

11. ann says:

How is anyone really going to be harmed by waiting one week for an episode of a TV show? Just after the Sandy Hook shooting, Syfy postponed an episode of Haven that dealt with a bomb at a school. There was lots of discussion then, just like here. One person said, “Syfy knows this isn’t going to make it better. They just don’t want to make it worse.”

12. olivia says:

I think its a good call by ABC. Give it some time and distance. I am a little concerned that TNT still has the “47 seconds” episode listed to air this evening at 10pm. I think that episode from last season would really freak people out if it aired this week. I love this show & I am really glad it respects its viewers. great show

13. Caroline says:

I completely stand behind ABC’s decision to reschedule Monday’s episode. It is very understandable. I told a family member that I thought something like this would happen. Waiting another week is not going to hurt. It’s better than having another hiatus.

14. anonymous says:

first off no one gives a rat’s a** about sh*t that happens in texas bc theres always crazy things goin on in texas whereas in boston stuff like that doesn’t happen every day so it’s of a bigger magnitude also u don’t see the president goin to texas or talkin about texas which means what happened in boston is bigger than what happened in texas soo yeah… also i think its a good call for abc to reschedule the ep bc of the tragedy in boston and even though i was really looking forward to the ep i completely understand why.

15. Nicole says:

I don’t have a problem with their decision to wait a week on the episode. I understand wanting to pull it out of respect (although I do agree what difference really is one week going to make – one week isn’t going to make everything all better for those involved in either of the horrific tragedies this week). What i absolutely disagree with is them running the next episode in it’s place. This isn’t a bad guy of the week episode, my understanding is it’s an important episode, and out of respect to their fans they should air the episodes in order so we aren’t missing something by watching the next episode first. So what we miss out on a new episode this week. If they are going to do something, air them in order and push the season back.

16. Roger Market says:

Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to just delay the air, not switch the episodes around? Just push the finale out a week. I have never watched Castle, but if I were a fan, I’d want to see them in order. I’m pretty strict about adhering to continuity; I can’t watch anything out of order (and I say that because most of what I watch is serialized drama).

17. jacqui says:

I live close to Boston, and I feel like, had ABC wanted to really do this out of respect, they would have switched it earlier. So I’m a bit suspicious. That being said, I was looking forward to Still partly because I knew Beckett wasn’t going to die. However, I feel like had they been airing 47 seconds next week, that’d be correct. The 47 Seconds incident and the bombings are similar. Still is not, I don’t think. I mean, I’m going to accept it and not complain anymore, but still. I understand why people are upset

18. J.L. Jones says:

The fact that ABC waited until Wednesday to pull the episode is questionable. If they were that concerned about “offending” they would have yanked it Monday or even Tuesday. I think it’s as I said before, this is a typical American knee-jerk reaction without fully thinking things through. Note, I’m not upset. I could care less. It’ll air eventually. But honestly? Delaying it a week is like ignoring that nagging pain in your side. The pain is still there–regardless how long you wait.

As for Glee — again, knee-jerk reactions.

It’s art imitating life. It’s not the first time it’s been done.

19. Jill says:

Interesting how ABC pulled this episode about Kate standing in a spot where if she moves a bomb will blow up, where obviously it won’t happen, but TNT is currently playing the episode where a bomb explodes at an “Occupy Wall Street” style protest and kills and maims a bunch of people.

20. Mary says:

Great for ABC; too bad TNT didn’t feel the same way and ran a Castle bomb episode tonight. Disgusting.

21. anna says:

First world problems…

22. Ok so the Castle episode from season 4 featuring the bombing at a rally aired tonight on TNT…make sense anyone???

23. Gabriela says:

Is CTV also changing the schedule?

• Maya says:

Yeah, because of simultaneous substitution, CTV doesn’t have a choice in the matter, they have to air what ABC airs. It’s distributed over a signal.

24. jj says:

Don’t have a problem with ABC changing the schedule but I don’t believe for even a split second that it was done out of respect. Let’s call it what it really is … PR control.

25. Keira says:

I’m going to wait until the 29th and watch 5×21 and 5×22 back to back in the order intended. I’ll be DVRing both but I’ll also tune my tv in the living room on to ABC then mute it just before Castle starts this Monday then read in bed or work on a paper or something until it’s over. That way ABC still gets the ratings and I won’t be exposed to any chronology or continuity issues. I’m also avoiding going on tumblr until after I’ve watched both eps so I expect to be getting A LOT more studying done this week than I usually do.

• iampeniel says:

Thank goodness I am not the only person that understands the importance of any chronology issues, my sisters think I’m nuts but then again they are not die hard fans like me. Even when any episode airs at the end I always turn the telly off so I won’t see any promo for the next episode and like you I stay away from tumblr and youtube. I understand on twitter that Terri and Stana mentioned chronology so that’s why I will wait

• Krithika says:

I really like how you want Castle to receive your viewership but at the same time, stay in the next room KNOWING that a brand new episode is currently on mute, yet still choosing not to go watch it. I salute your self-control and loyalty. As for me, I’m planning on watching both episodes together in the intended order too.

26. s says:

I feel bad for what happend but you can get mad ay them for showing anything because they had it planned to air bedore any of this stuff happend and sooner or later every ones ganna move on and this wont be the talk of every state any more! Still praying for the family’s though!!!!

27. iampeniel says:

What I would like to know is the changing of the two episodes affect the story line if it does I personally would like to have the option of by passing The Squab and the Quail on the 22nd. and wait for Still on the 29th and come back to The Squab and the Quail. Please do not misunderstand I agree with the line up change because of what has happened I am just one those die hard fans that wants to get it right and am willing to wait.

28. Bill Smith says:

The pussification of America continues..

So sick of companies caving to people who are, or may get their feelings hurt.. It is a freaking TV show!! It was made before any of the things in Boston happened.. This reminds me of the Ben Stiller movie “The Watch.” Its release was delayed for half a year, and they changed its name from “Neighborhood Watch.” There were fears that people would be upset with the name and subject matter, due to the Trayvon Martin situation.. It doesn’t matter that the movie had already been made before all that stuff happened.. I could be wrong, but anyone who recently had a tragic death, or gruesome injury affect them, is probably not likely to be watching a show about a serial killer within a week of the incident. If they did, they need to hold themselves accountable for what they may see..

29. Alex says:

I really hope that the DVD has them in the proper order, “Still” and then 5×22, I also hope they renew Castle for a sixth season on May 14th, I think it is?

30. Nevertheless, the good news for all the weight conscious consumers is too far,
    where raspberry ketones have captivated the minds already and now you caan join the league
    too. Ketones are very healthy natural compounds of raspberry.
    Aside from rasp berry ketohes being dicovered in meals supplements,
    it ccan likewise be discovered in raspberry ice
    creams, fragrances, varous other processed meals and so forth.

31. We’ll without delay take hold of a person’s feed when i can’t locating your e-mail membership url or maybe publication service. Have you got any kind of? You need to allow for myself acknowledge to ensure I could sign up. Cheers.