What to Watch Tuesday: Dixie Tackles the Bard, Awkward Returns, TBS' Last Laugh and More

This KissOn TV this Tuesday: Jenna & Co. make an Awkward return, a new series wonders Who Gets the Last Laugh?, Hart of Dixie is star-crossed and Megan’s team looks for Proof of life. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | George and Zoe agree to play Romeo and Juliet in a performance of Shakespeare’s most iconic scenes – y’know, to prove they’re over each other. Riiiight. Hark, what BS through yonder window breaks?

8 pm Hell’s Kitchen (Fox) | Yan Can Cook‘s Martin Yan judges the contestants’ Chinese dishes.

8 pm In Performance at the White House (PBS) | Queen Latifah hosts as the President and Mrs. Obama celebrate Memphis soul of the 1960s. Performers include Justin Timberlake, Alabama Shakes, Cyndi Lauper, Mavis Staples and American Idol‘s Joshua Ledet.

RELATED | Season Finale Calendar: What’s Ending When

9 pm Ready for Love (NBC) | Businessman Ben Patton and “charitable entrepreneur” Ernesto Arguello get help finding a mate. (But is there any kind of help that can keep Ready for Love on the air?)

9 pm Dancing With the Stars (ABC) | Selena Gomez and The Band Perry perform; the Macy’s Stars of Dance number is choreographed by So You Think You Can Dance‘s Stacey Tookey.

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

10 pm Awkward (MTV) | Back-to-back season 3 premiere: The death of a classmate pushes Jenna to reflect on her life. (Find out what’s ahead for Ms. Hamilton and her friends.)

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | A rich investment-fund manager on trial for defrauding his investors is kidnapped as he leaves court – despite being protected by Tommy and Adam – and may have faked his death.

10 pm Golden Boy (CBS) | A priest’s killer appears to be a criminal informant from another case; Agnes’ mother Nora goes missing.

10 pm Chopped (Food Network) | The baskets come from Down Under in an evening full of Australia-themed challenges. (If they cook a koala, I’m out.)

10 pm Who Gets the Last Laugh? (TBS) | Series premiere: Scrubs‘ Donald Faison hosts this new comedy from the people behind Punk’d. Each week, three comedians – tonight, Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory), Bill Bellamy and Jeff Dye – dream up outlandish pranks and then pull them on the public. The funny man (or woman) nabbing the biggest laugh gets $10,000 awarded to the charity of his or her choice. (Check out cast photos!)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (39)

• Really looking forward to Hard of Dixie and the Awkward Season 3 premiere.

Comment by Jules – April 16, 2013 04:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same! Will be checking out Who Gets the Last Laugh also

Comment by B – April 16, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on AMCPress.

Comment by AMCPress – April 16, 2013 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie

Comment by livvy – April 16, 2013 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Getting over it quickly now that the writers seem hellbent on making George/Zoe the ‘root for’ couple.

Comment by Dane – April 16, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie- Wade and Zoe all the way!!!

Comment by deb – April 16, 2013 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie. I’m intrigued to see how they are going to handle Wade, how they are going to work it so we forgive Wade and want Zoe to give him another chance.

Comment by mia – April 16, 2013 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so torn. The show clearly favors George / Zoe. I mean.. they gave a nice little gift to the Zoe/Wade fans by letting them have a relationship.. but then they threw Wade under the bus and ran him over 40 different ways. It just seems evident that the writers want us to root for George/Zoe – that’s been the go-to couple from the beginning and I’m certain they want them to be endgame.. that’s why they haven’t let anything ‘REALLY’ happen with them yet. I like the show but the George/Zoe stuff is so dull to me that I just don’t feel like watching. Is that terrible?

Comment by Dane – April 16, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In one word: NO

Comment by Jen – April 16, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like it when they are friends, but romantically not seeing it. I love Zoey and Wade together and completely agree with you and what the writers did to him. I agree with you that the writers are forcing us to want them to be the “root for” couple.

Comment by Shannon – April 16, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am still not understanding why the writers did the cop out way to break up Zoey and Wade. I am thinking about the founders day episode and thinking that is how a real relationship is suppose to be you fight, argue, make up and have fun and bring out the best/worse in each other. To me, Zoey and George would just be boring and are better off as friends.

Comment by Shannon – April 16, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Awkward Season 3 premiere is all the matters tonight!! So glad to have this show back finally. <3

Comment by iMember – April 16, 2013 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of dixie and Awkward

Comment by Jose – April 16, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie, Body of Proof and Awkward. I kind of like to see Zoe and George together, I know I might be the only one but I like to see Wade with someone different. Also the way Zoe is she would get upset and be suspicious every time Wade talked or was with other girls and grill him about it every time!

Comment by K. – April 16, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hart of Dixie!!! I love Zoe and wade but I’m starting to ship wade and lemon. That’s a couple I want to see plus I think they have great chemistry. Team lade lol

Comment by amichelle – April 16, 2013 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate George and Zoe, but I know she has to get him out of her system. I’m hoping their boringness as couple though leads to more focus on quirky town events…

Comment by Winston Mize – April 16, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie

Comment by Brandy – April 16, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have loved George & Zoe since the beginning. Excited to see where the show takes them even though the whole Romeo & Juliet thing tonight. seems less than promising. :-/

Comment by Sarah – April 16, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wade has some serious self esteem issues, work on that, then he’ll feel more confident and realizes that he has the potential to be a successful partner to Zoe and he’ll feel more satisfied with his accomplishments. So I’m hoping that the bar venture with Lemon will go off smoothly.

Comment by ENAD – April 16, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SPLASH,DWTS, BOP

Comment by Joe Petitjean – April 16, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So in other words, nothing worth watching tonight.

Comment by Kylee Pierce – April 16, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie, but only because of Annabeth and Lavon!

Comment by Leonie Henckell (@LeonieJH) – April 16, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • … I guess nothing for me tonight. Chopped does sound interesting though, might tune in.

Comment by Babybop – April 16, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gave up on Hart of Dixie so nada tonight :( Looks like I should have waited & watched Defiance tonite which by the way was amazing!

Comment by Sunshine – April 16, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Golden Boy and catching up on shows from last night.

Comment by Andy – April 16, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for Body of Proof!

Comment by Norah – April 16, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like Zoe and Wade on a break…for now.

Comment by heidi – April 16, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I made a mistake in my comment. I want Zoe and Wade…forever.

Comment by heidi – April 16, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hells,Dancing and Golden for me tonight.

Comment by Shaun – April 16, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof & Hell’s Kitchen

Comment by nick1372 – April 16, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Golden Boy and Body of Proof.

Comment by Steve – April 16, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie and Awkward

Comment by Jared – April 16, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Voice (only on a Tuesday night). Hope Ready For Love may get “canceled” soon.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – April 16, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hart of dixie

Comment by ollie – April 16, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Zoe and Wade together!!!!! But I’ll watch it anyway.

Comment by Lara – April 16, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Ready for Love even be canceled? Even as it is bombing, does NBC have anything to replace it with other than reruns?

Comment by Adam – April 16, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “none of the above”, and the daily show.

Comment by bobbie – April 16, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is season 3 of hart of dixie coming out I wanT zoeY n waDe 2 end uP 2geda dey mk da bst couple ever!!! N den hav so much of chemistry

Comment by yovena – May 18, 2013 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hart of dixie – only zoe and wade!!!!

Comment by elizabeth – May 19, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post