All My Children Video: Your First Glimpse at Pine Valley's Returning Faves and Fresh Faces

While One Life to Live is aiming to sex things up in its upcoming relaunch, All My Children is taking a slightly more traditional approach. Translation: Expect lots of tears, backstabbing and melodrama from the fine folks of Pine Valley.

VIDEO | All My Children and One Life to Live Recaps

The following first look at the ex-ABC soap’s Hulu/iTunes revival (bowing April 29) features a mix of beloved vets (Adam, Brooke, Dixie, Bianca and David, to name a few) and loads of fresh young faces (hello SORAS‘d ones!) traipsing around the fictional Pennsylvania town.

Press PLAY below to watch the drama unfold, then hit the comments: Does this promo make you want to inhabit Pine Valley again?

TAGS:
GET MORE: Daytime TV, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I didn’t know how I would feel about all of the newbies, but this promo looks great! I’m especially intrigued by Celia and her man in the mirror. And, dang! Binx is getting physical up on JR.

• Mary says:

Yeah I thought that was Binx, but wasn’t sure who she was after. And I’m guessing that when he went into the Chandler mansion with the gun in the last show he must have killed Marissa. There definitely is a lot of who was that going on in that clip with the newbies.

2. Amelia says:

According to a You Tube video posted from Cady Mcclain [Dixie] the song in this video is AMC’s new theme song!

3. C says:

Very curious about what’s going on with Cara and David. Their sex scene was HOT and their love-hate rapport in the clips is very soapy.

Loving SOARSed Miranda too!

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Heck yeah! Love David and Cara! I’m wondering about their baby.

• Tess says:

I got the impression from the video that she might have aborted the pregnancy, since she mentioned something about a clinic that she doesn’t want anyone to know she was at and how he’s not going to stop till he learns the truth and all… that’s how I took it anyway.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I thought that, too, but it wouldn’t make much sense for Cara to do that. She was thrilled to be pregnant and, when the show ended, was adamant David be a part of their child’s life.

4. amichelle says:

I’m thinking amc will last longer than the “sexy” version of oltl. I actually want to start heading to hulu to start watching it.

5. jerrired says:

I wasn’t excited about all the new faces at first, but then I read about it following Miranda and Little A to their teen years. I’m really interested in seeing how that develops, and of course Binx and J.R (though I’m not happy about the new J.R casting, but we’ll see if he’s as good as Jacob Young) as parents to teens.

6. Ella B. says:

I’m gonna need then to wear nametags for a while… that’s a LOT of new faces to get used to.

7. Scottyb says:

This looks incredible! I can’t wait. It seems pretty evident that Marissa is dead. My theory is that JR shot and killed Marissa and then Jessie shot JR, which lead to JR being in coma for the past five years.

• Tess says:

I think Marissa was a victim of JR’s too (and probably Tad also, since he seems to be in a coma with Dixie sitting vigil) but I figured that JR probably was sent off to Oakhaven for going off the deep end and will be returning having been deemed well enough to return to normal society but not everyone will be so happy he’s back. That or he went to prison but got a commuted sentence; but I’m thinking a stay at Oakhaven makes more sense.

8. ally123 says:

I really hope Marissa isn’t dead. Bianca has had enough heartbreak to last a life time. what about Gabi? did they SORAS her too?

• Tess says:

I don’t think there has been any mention of any other kids being aged up other than AJ, Miranda, and a more adult version of Peter Cortlandt, who was last seen as a teen.

• L.Harris says:

I am looking forward to watching this soap again. I have watchdog this show for over 30 years. When will they have episodes ready.? I do hope they get a lot of the old actors or it won’t seem the same. Does anyone know when we will be able to start seeing them?

• Gillian says:

I think Marissa is definitely dead. Not only was Bianca at a gravesite but so was David, and David was Marissa’s dad. I think David will be out for vengeance, losing his third child. He had already lost Lenora and Babe. Losing Marissa would send him on a path of destruction and revenge. I’m guessing that Kara gave birth to a child and gave it up for adoption to keep the child away from David (either that or she had an abortion, which would be out of character). Is Tad dead? I wonder if he is either dead or in a coma. I know it was leaked that JR was the one in the coma but the way Dixie is looking at Tad’s pic, I wonder if he died trying to save Marissa? I also wonder how big Thorsten Kaye’s role is … he is barely in the preview. Regardless, at the very least, it will be nice to know what happened after the shot rang out in the AMC finale.

9. Kristi says:

Maybe they killed Erica

10. Fabe says:

Although I like the song in the video, I hope that’s not the new theme song. The original is awesome.

11. Shaun says:

I think this whole thing looks really cheap!!Alot of characters missing and the feel of it is wrong.

12. Michelle says:

This looks awesome!!

13. Caitlin P says:

Wow – not too many comments here. You’d think that with the constant stories in the press that there would be a lot more interest.

Not a good sign. Plus, it looks cheap, even for a silly soap.

• Robert Taylor says:

Didn’t you post the exact same thing on the “One Life to Live” preview video thread? Troll?

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Some people are just determined to ruin it for those of us who have longed for our soaps to come back. It’s very sad.

• Natalie says:

This is something all fans need to fear. All My Children only has a little over 5,000 Twitter followers while One Life To Live has a little over 8,000 followers. We need to get as many viewers and followers as possible for the shows to be successful and those numbers just don’t seem like a lot to me. I wonder how they will judge if the shows are successful? We need to do more than watch. We need to get the word out and get these shows trending on Twitter.

• Jude says:

I am in the Middle of Nova Scotia , Canada and have watched All My Children for years . I was very sad when it ended. Two weeks ago in May we watched the new version and we LOVED it ! So happy that it was back . The next week it wasn’t there anymore ? FXCANADA was the station. Please bring it back . Nice to see so many of the old gang back and good choices for the new characters. Comment by Jude June 07/06/2013

14. Trista says:

I’m guessing that JR’s rampage killed Erica and Marissa and left Tad in a coma. I think Kendall is “out of town” for a while since all the scenes with Zach were pretty drama free. I can’t wait to see the next gen group of AMC’ers.

15. John says:

Both AMC & OLTL look good. Also AMC is just gonna be as Edgy as OLTL, Cady McClain confirmed that on a video blog chat show http://youtu.be/LHazHpf8o5M

Im just excited for both shows to return

16. Paul says:

I am very excited for the new show, and I don’t think it looks cheap at all. It looks like any typical soap opera and has a great mix of newbies and veterans. I can hardly wait.

17. NCSouthernBelle says:

OMG! Griffin’s there, Zach’s there, David’s there, Adam’s there. I’m there!

18. annette says:

omg!can’t wait to see AMC it look really great, hope it last a long time, being missing my favorite soap

19. Joanna says:

Watched this show for many years but didn’t know who over half the people were in the clip. I’m looking forward to it.

20. jryan420 says:

Zach without Kendall?? Just seems weird… and what about Spike & Ian? I hope that they will be addressed at least! No Greenlee or Ryan, THAT I am perfectly cool with! Can’t wait to watch these new incarnations of my soaps!

21. Margie Veach says:

OMG I am so excited to go back to Pine Valley , This preview whetted my appetite .

22. FRAN says:

I watched All My Children and One Life To Life for many years, and I am very excited to have them both coming back!

23. Joline says:

So excited! I am having trouble figuring out who is who from the kids though. Obvious who Pete is, but not sure on the rest. Can anyone provide clarification? Who is Miranda? Is Gabby here?

24. Ruth says:

Here’s what I think has happened. Marissa is dead by the bullet, JR either was shot by someone or shot himself and is in a coma. I think it’s his hand that Dixie is holding. Because in the scene later, Dixie is hugging Adam from behind as he sits on the bedside with JR. So that stands to reason that it’s JR, not Tad, in a coma since he’s the common bond between those two characters. Just my two cents worth and I can’t wait for this to be on. Hurry. . . ten days is way too long to wait!!

25. is it going to be possible to watch it in Canada? So far Hulu says no I’ve tried a couple of times Canadian viewers are just as loyal

• Ruth says:

FX Canada, according to the AMC facebook page, will be showing it. I don’t know what times though. Sorry

• Bonnie Shamber says:

In my area of Canada, satalite does not carry Fx, Opik is not available in our area yet(fiber optics), shall try for netflix next I guess. Really seems like a lot to go through , for a watcher who was very dedicated to AMC, since the beginning.

• either 9:30 am 0r it repeats once again on FX 156 at 2:00 I hope that was helpful from what I can see it is on a half hour show better than nothing guess looks lie Mon and Tue or maybe a recap of the whole week occurs on Sat.

• Spencer says:

They should extend it there as well

26. Lynette Metzger says:

I wish they’d use the same theme song. It’s so great watching Dallas now. That opening theme song takes me right back to the original show. I love that they used the same song.

27. kassi.m.savage@gmail.com says:

OMG!!!!! I have been watching both shows since I was 5 years old what can I say I am from a long line soap opera woman :-)

28. Spencer says:

IM JUST SOOOOOOO EXCITED PINCH ME SOMEONE OOOOHHHHH YEEAAAHHHHH WERE BBBBAAAACCCKKKKKKKKK

29. Ann Jones says:

Well I’m glad that AMC and OLTL are coming back but I would love for them to come back to the WJBFchannel 6 like before and stay on for one hour instead of 30 minutes, but being back for the fans is going to be great!!!!!!!

30. C says:

I feel like I am dreaming. Watching All My Children is part of good memories of my mother. Sitting and watching AMC together from the very beginning. Having AMC was like having a part of her still here. Having AMC back is a true delight.

31. wendy kalthoff says:

not until jacob young comes back as jr or the original jr comes back will I be excited. why not bring jesse mccarthy back?

32. Audrey Anderson says:

DAVID AND ADAM AND DIXIE AND BROOKE! FABULOUS! BUT, WHERE IS “MY” TAD???

33. Judi Vreeland says:

I watched both and loved it. I have been a AMC fan for a long time!

34. Diane says:

Would love to see Tad back and Ryan back. I am excited to see AMC back. It will get some getting used to with all the new characters, but the changes will take the show in a new direction. I don’t miss Susan Lucci. However, I would like to see Crystal back. I hope the show will continue for another 40 years!

35. Bobbijo says:

This sucks I just found out about the show. Why cant they put aAMC on soap net instead of Rerun’s of 90210 which was back in the 80s . I pay enough. For cable