Dexter Season 8 First Look Video: Deb Makes Two Shocking Confessions to Dex

For those who thought Deb’s murderous turn in last season’s Dexter finale would help bond the Lieutenant to her Dark Passenger-bro, you’re in for a killer surprise.

The following promo for the Showtime drama’s eighth and possibly final season (bowing June 30 at 9/8c) reveals two things: 1) Deb is in full-tilt regret mode in the wake of Laguerta’s death, and 2) She’s most definitely blaming her beloved Dex.

RELATED | Dexter Season 8 Spoilers — Yvonne Strahovski Returns as Hannah

Ray Donovan, the cabler’s newest offering (launching after Dexter at 10 pm), also gets the sneak-peek treatment below. The Liev Schreiber-starring series centers on a professional LA-based “fixer” and the chain of events his father’s (Jon Voight) recent release from prison sets off.

Press PLAY below to watch the Dexter/Donovan mash-up, then hit the comments: Are you ready to see Dex and Deb at odds?

Comments (16)

• Possibly final season? Showtime has already announced that this IS the final season

Comment by scorpo – April 15, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, Mr. Smartass. They haven’t.

Comment by Wasajdad – April 15, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Les Moonves said that this is Dexter’s last season. It is likely they did not want it official, but that was what he said when speaking last month.

Comment by Jeremy Lynch – April 15, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Only the president of the company saying so lol

Comment by Bill – April 15, 2013 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes it is but with more episodes for the final season.

Comment by Luc – May 14, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Showtime and the producers have said they are planning as if this is the final season but they have declined to definitively state this is the end leaving themselves room for a change of heart.

Comment by Matt – April 15, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish they would just come right out and say if it is or isn’t the final season. I’d hate for them to rush through a finale type storyline for one season and then come back for a limpalong in the last season that they could’ve stretched out for two seasons.

Comment by Louie – April 15, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can already predict that Jennifer Carpenter is going to be amazing this season. Seriously, she deserved an Emmy last season, so if she doesn’t get one this season, so help me God…

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – April 15, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Deb is totally full of it. She didn’t have to shoot LaGuerta and Dex didn’t ask her to. She could have just taken Dex into custody. It wasn’t “Shoot my brother, or shoot my boss” it was “Send my brother to jail, or shoot my boss.” Her blaming Dex for putting her in that position? Legit. Her blaming him for the fact that she made the wrong choice? Not legit.

Comment by Meg – April 15, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her having an emotional reaction that isn’t necessarily based on logic? Legit.

Comment by DL – April 15, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Definitely. And Deb having emotional responses that don’t match up with logic is both how humans tend to act in real life and also very in character with how Deb’s been written in the past. I don’t see any problem with it at all.

Comment by Brooke – April 15, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “It wasn’t “Shoot my brother, or shoot my boss” it was “Send my brother to jail, or shoot my boss.” ”

Deb is a cop. She knows if the truth comes out about her brother then he gets the death penalty. Perhaps in her mind that is just as bad as shooting him.

Comment by Oh dear – May 5, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the case of “curiosity killed the cat”, both when she found out about Dex (although I never understood why he keeps evidence against him in his own house) and when she killed her boss. She basically put herself in a lose/lose situation. I am sure she would have regretted killing/arresting Dex too. Besides killing her boss instead of Dex wasn’t the start and I am sure is not the last “wrong” decision.

Comment by Lwx – May 17, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t tell me the look on Deb’s “ugly face”.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – April 15, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • help to save dexter

Comment by kate drobesh – April 28, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Debs will be the one that kills dexs bet’ch ya :-D

Comment by wezza – May 22, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post