What to Watch Monday: Dallas Wraps, The Voice Battles, a Bones Reunion, H50 Prequel and More

DallasOn TV this Monday: The Dallas finale solves J.R.’s murder, Top of the Lake gets to the bottom of its mystery, Defiance is home to new extraterrestrials and Bones hosts a mother-and-child reunion. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm The Voice (NBC) | As the battle rounds begin, Hillary Scott, Pharrell Williams, Sheryl Crow and Joel Madden help the coaches prepare their product.

8 pm Bones (Fox) | The Jeffersonian team investigates the murder of a broker-by-day/stripper-by-night, while Booth’s mom (played by Joanna Cassidy, Six Feet Under) shows up after a 24-year absence. (Watch a sneak peek of their reunion.) Brandon Barash (General Hospital) also guest-stars.

8 pm Oh Sit! (The CW) | Season 2 premiere: This go-around, the musical chairs competition features new obstacles, water rounds and “slick zones.”

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | Lily fears that Marshall will resent her when The Captain offers her a year-long art consulting gig — in Rome.

PREVIEW | The Following Sneak Peek: Agent Weston Realizes Sheriff Roderick Is the Enemy!

9 pm Dallas (TNT) | Double-episode season finale: The answer to the question “Who killed J.R.” is revealed — as is, presumably, the identity of the hat-wearing woman (Pam?!) in Zurich! (Nope, not yet renewed.)

9 pm Defiance (Syfy) | Two-hour series premiere: Set in a post-apocalyptic boomtown of the near future, this series finds Earth trying to adjust to the arrival of seven (!) unique alien races. The cast includes Julie Benz (Dexter), Grant Bowler (Ugly Betty), Jaime Murray (Warehouse 13) and Mia Kirshner (The L Word). See what Benz has to say about the project.

9 pm Top of the Lake (Sundance) | Two-hour miniseries finale: With the birth of Tui’s baby imminent, Robin desperately tries to get to the young girl before someone else does.

9 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | In one of Beth Behrs’ “favorite episodes ever,” Candy Andy (Ryan Hansen) is back, and something may be funky with his Fun Dip when Caroline develops a rash after their night together.

RELATED | Season Finale Calendar: What’s Ending When

10 pm Castle (ABC) | Giant footprints at the site of a vicious murder lead Scully and Mulder Beckett and Castle to confront the possibility that Bigfoot is the killer.

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | When McGarrett crosses into North Korea to retrieve the remains of a fallen friend, he recounts his last deadly mission there – thus cuing up a “prequel” to the series’ pilot. Jimmy Buffett and Terry O’Quinn return as Frank Bama and Joe White; Robert Picardo (Star Trek: Voyager) guest-stars.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

1. ollie says:

himym ,2 bg, and castle

• Sg. Grant says:

Replying to the top post, so people can see this. There will likely be a preemption of most of the major networks. Revolution has already been preempted. We should know more soon.

2. Tt says:

Himym rules of engagement following and revolution.

3. SK says:

Bones
    The Following
    Hawaii 5-0

4. Mel says:

DVR – Top of The Lake, Defiance, Bates Motel, Bones, Dallas, Revolution. Catch up on Sunday’s shows – GoT, Mad Men and Once Upon a Time. I love my DVR!

5. Becca says:

Bones, HIMYM, CASTLE…awesome Mondays are back!

6. Dave says:

TNT needs to wise up, renew Dallas for S.3 and shift it back to the summer months.

7. leigh says:

Yay! A new castle :D

8. soxfan says:

Setting aside DWTS AND Castle for the evening …. for me, tonight, it’s all about Dallas, Dallas & oh, did I say Dallas? What I find kind of funny – J.R.’s headstone in the picture above – kind of a “puny” little thing for someone like J.R. He was a much larger than life figure. Just a thought …. lol

I cannot wait until Ol’ Cliff Barnes gets his – I don’t care about the Ewing/Barnes feud – the moment he drew his daughter & her unborn children in on the mix, I forgot about that feud …. he should pay & pay VERY dearly for what he did to Pamela & his unborn grandchildren. I say, if her unborn children are no longer, HE should be no longer. LOVE.THIS.SHOW & I really hope it is renewed. Whoever decided to make this show go up against IDOL & every other network programming was being real stupid – they should have left it as a summer show as it started out to be last year. God, WHY do people just feel the need to fix something what wasn’t broken to begin with??????

• K. says:

Agreed, I thought JR would’ve had a great headstone in a one of those fancy cemetery’s. He’s probably bad mouthing all of them. LOL!

• kvivik says:

J.R. would never want a bigger headstone than his daddies. Jock should be the ruler of the southfork cemetary as he was in the original series.

• kvivik says:

And I agree that cliff needs to get his. Even I didn’t think he would be this heartless.

9. Kat says:

Bones
    Fallowing

10. Jen says:

Defiance
    Top of the Lake

11. Chicago Dan says:

It was very fortunate TNT decided to move DALLAS to winter cycle for this time because we would not have had Larry Hagman in the first six or seven episodes. I’m positive that’s why they did it – probably his request – since he knew he did not have much time left. (They would’ve started filming in winter/spring if summer cycle. Back to summer in 2014, fingers crossed.

12. Andrea says:

Castle!!

13. mia says:

The Voice
    Defiance
    2 Broke Girls
    Castle (yay a goofy episode!)

14. Teri says:

Castle, Castle, Castle.

15. N says:

The Following

16. 117 says:

Castle all the way :)

17. Dan says:

I would hate to wait more than a year for season 3 of Dallas, but if that’s what it takes to get renewed, then I’m all for it!

18. JeffDJ says:

There’s too much TV on Mondays!!!!!!!!!!!! And the double ep of “Dallas” complicates things even more!

• Dan says:

I DVR all of my favorite shows, so it doesn’t matter to me when they’re on…I rarely have time to watch anything in its time slot. I usually end up watching them online the next day.

19. deb00 says:

Is 90210 on tonight? I thought it was but it’s not in the article..

20. Kristine says:

Castle! :D

21. Richard says:

RuPaul’s Drag Race at 9 p.m. and the NewNowNext Awards at 10 p.m., both on Logo.

22. The Voice, Castle, Hawaii Five-O and Revolution (Teri Bauer aka Leslie Hope guest stars). Happy Mondays are here again. :-)

23. Brandy says:

90210,2 Broke Girls

24. Elyse says:

What are the chances the Dallas continuation will get a 3rd season?! The ratings were so much better when it aired in the summer…

25. Jared says:

90210
    Top of the Lake
    Bates Motel

26. Justin says:

2 Broke Girls, Bones and Hawaii 5-0 for me tonight.

27. Rae says:

DWTS & Revolution…I don’t know why Revolution was not mentioned as in what to watch tonight.

DVR: The Following, Hawaii 5-0, and Bates Motel

• Lauren says:

I am pretty sure they only pick 10 shows each day, and lord knows there’s more than 10 things on any nite! But yeah, cheers for Revoluiton!

28. Ettie says:

BATES MOTEL
    Dallas
    RuPaul

29. sdexta says:

2 Broke Girls and Top of the Lake!

30. Ettie says:

Btw, why is SyFy launching what is arguably their biggest premiere ever during the single busiest timeslot of the single busiest night of television I can recall in years?

31. lyn says:

Bones. Voice, Castle.

32. James says:

Bones
    Defiance
    Castle
    Revolution

33. sarah says:

90210
    H50

34. I think what you meant is giant footprints lead Castle to confront the possibility that Bigfoot is the the killer, while Beckett whines that “It’s just NOT possible, Castle.” And either Ryan or Esposito — which depends on their mood that day, takes Castle’s side, while the other takes Beckett’s. Which is a typical, and fun — not criticizing, just pointing out, I love CASTLE — episode of the show!

I can’t wait for H50! So excited!!! It has become one of my favorites really, really fast!

Also Bones!

Revolution and The Following by the end of the week when everything else is watched.

35. Babybop says:

Bones, HIMYM and 2 Broke Girls. Can’t wait for Ryan Hansen to be back for an episode! I love him!

36. Jay says:

Does anyone know why Syfy is starting a summer show before the regular season is finished? This isn’t the first time it’s happened and it’s always a little annoying.

37. David4 says:

It really should be the series finale of Dallas, there is no point to the show now, and the ratings are horrible.

Go Castle! I hope it’s Big Foot, Castle has to be right one of these days. :)

• No official word from TNT if Dallas gets renewed or canceled. Network’s decision. :-(

• shawn says:

The ratings are not Horrible for Dallas. The show averages 2.56 Million viewers and episode. That’s in line with the average cable show and there is a point to this show. People should stop making comments that haven’t been researched. If you don’t like the show fine but there are a lot of people that do.

38. Andy says:

Bates Motel, Bones, The Following, Castle, HIMYM, RoE, and 2 Broke Girls. I love that Ryan Hansen is back, and this can help tide me over until Veronica Mars hits theaters.

• Zeph says:

Ooh VM is coming to theater?! Kidding…, yes I do actually know about the Kickstarter project – even did my bit to make it happen. Just couldn’t resist commenting on the shoutout. ;-)

39. Zeph says:

Always DVR everything, to either watch later or just so can start watching about half hour after start time which lets me skip commercials – tonight is Dancing, Bones, Castle, Defiance, H50 on main TiVo, and Dallas on secondary. Will probably only watch Dancing and H50 or Bones tonight.

• Drew says:

“which lets me skip commercials” Even though we all do that, we probably shouldn’t say that out loud because, let’s face it, the only reason TV is on at ALL is to show us those commercials, so if we say we’re not watching them, well, then they’ve really got no incentive to make new shows.

40. Kwapple says:

Bones!

41. Defiance, Castle, The Voice

42. shar says:

The Voice, Dallas, The Following, Hawaii 5-0, and Revolution. Full Monday night. The DVR will be going full force. All of my favorites.

43. Tom Charles says:

Oh Sit getting a second season and this new “Bet on Your Baby” show is makes me weep for the future of humanity.

44. Sunshine says:

Watching 90210 then Dallas!!! DVR Revolution & watch Defiance on its 2nd airing at 11pm :) Excited about Defiance!!
    I’m hopeful for a Dallas renewal! I don’t want to wait til the summer of 2014 tho!!

45. Scott says:

Season 3 is a lock if the show Dallas makes the move of having Pam Ewing’s character return, even recasted with a new actress. If it’s some lame thing where her character’s gone then the show isn’t listening to fans

• soxfan says:

Imo – this show doesn’t need Pamela Barnes Ewing #1 to succeed – it has held its own quite nicely for two seasons.

46. Eric7740 says: