Zach Galifianakis Set to Host SNL for Third Time

Zach Galifianakis SNL HostSaturday Night Live is headed for another hangover: Zach Galifianakis has once again been tapped to host NBC’s late-night staple.

The actor will lord over Studio 8H on May 4, NBC announced during this weekend’s telecast. Icelandic folk/pop group Of Monsters and Men, meanwhile, will serve as the episode’s musical guest.

RELATED | Nasim Pedrad Leaving Saturday Night Live, Joins NBC Pilot

This marks Galifianakis’ third stint as SNL host; he previously took the reins in March 2010 and then again a year later, in March 2011.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Season and Series Finales!

Are you excited to see what hijinks Galifianakis brings to Saturday Night Live this time around? Hit the comments.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Late Night TV

1. amy says:

Love him ever since the movie out cold, but i wish snl could actually write funny skits

2. keith says:

I loved vh1s late world with Zach. Frank black doing the theme. Hes perfect for this format.

3. david says:

I guess hoobastank will also be there :)

4. Maria says:

Any chance we could get Nathan Fillion to host?

• leigh says:

That would be awesome!…but I don’t think he could make it through an entire episode of snl. I think he would laugh his way through each skit. But it would be awesome!

5. Peter Dinklage should host SNL but in my opinion maybe next season. Bring back Christopher Walken or Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

6. dude says:

this is awesome but too bad it will still be the same writers they wasted vaughn

7. Joe says:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let Carol Burnett and some talented old-timers host more and teach the younger audiences. I’m 24 years old, and a student of comedy! I loved Betty White, please consider. Thank you, regardless, you will always have my devotion. I love SNL!!