Exclusive Sneak Peek: The Following's Weston Realizes Sheriff Roderick Is the Enemy!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

It’s Agent Weston vs. acolyte Roderick at the start of next Monday’s The Following (Fox, 9/8c) — and we have your exclusive first look at their face-off in the episode’s full opening sequence.

The installment picks up with Weston arriving at the local Sheriff’s department to rendezvous with Hardy and Parker. It’s only after he hears a familiar voice — Roderick’s — that the battered and bruised agent realizes the FBI has (once again) fallen right into one of Joe Carroll’s traps.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2013: Deaths, Departures, Weddings and More!

Press PLAY below to find out what happens when Weston confronts his former captor (it’s not pretty), then hit the comments with your predictions: Will Roderick slip away scot-free?

Comments (40)

• “this content is currently unavailable.”

disappointed. :\

Comment by IB – April 12, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here -.- *sighs*
      I’m getting frustrated… it’s not the first time that happens…

Comment by Katrin – April 12, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I couldn’t see the clip either, so I went on YouTube and pushed in following 1×13 and the clip is there to watch:)

Comment by Aubrey pozharsky – April 12, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh great ! I just watched as Weston recognized Roderick , by the time they realize who Weston is Roderick will slip out to his car and we will see the most exciting police chases ever !!!! Roderick will wind up in a crash and live just long enough to be shot by Ryan as Roderick sneaks out a gun…..right? Wow !!! I can’t wait till I see the next episode of “THE FOLLOWING” !!!!!

Comment by Matt Hosey – April 12, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Correction to my comment,….Weston will be the one to shoot Roderick after Roderick crashes his police car.

Comment by Matt Hosey – April 12, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • same old same old, this show has good actors and a crap plot, ridiculous writing. If the Feds are this stupid we’re doomed.

Comment by tonilost – April 13, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like he will get away.. at least from there. BUT Joe will def. be less than pleased!!

Comment by Kim E. Shearin – April 12, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! He’s a federal agent let him go get the bad guy! STUPID cops are helping the FBI look like idiots.

I love Roderick though, he totally gets that he’s a bad guy, and I actually feel bad for him when Joe treats him like crap – Roderick is likable where Joe is not. Too bad Joe doesn’t see what an asset he is to his craziness.

Comment by Dijea (@Dijea) – April 12, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait! Roderick is going to get his. I’d like to see Weston get a little payback, but I think Joe will ultimatle be the one to dispose of Roderick. Too many mistakes…

Comment by Boomstick – April 12, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! THAT SO SUCKS SHOULD OFF JUST SHOT HIM.

Comment by matt – April 12, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree w/h u! Weston should have just shot him! shot him in the leg so he could have atleast stopped him. And then he could have told everyone who he REALLY is!

Comment by Jennifer Heidebrecht – April 13, 2013 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a shock. A follower will get away again?!

Comment by Morgan – April 12, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nope, he goes & kidnaps Joey & wants to make a deal with the FBI!!! Didn’t you watch the previews of next weeks show, after the end of this weeks show!! No spoilers here!!

Comment by PB – April 12, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree …. Roderick is going to turn states evidence and w/the FBI …. he knows Joe is not pleased w/him and he could be next on Joe’s list; Roderick is doing the next best thing ….. will kidnap Joey and go to the FBI …. however, Roderick will be a dead man anyway !!!

Comment by Mags – April 12, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is the “play” button?

Comment by Sandy – April 12, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprise, surprise… the FBI agents get outsmarted again.

Comment by sbrue – April 12, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had been defending this show for the first few episodes. But the level of outright stupidity and implausibility reached epic levels not even creative license could explain. This show is one of the bigger fails in a long time. Lot of potential for a good show – but written and directed into one of the worst.

Comment by daviduter – April 12, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I couldn’t agree more. I’ve heard a lot of people say “it’s a TV show what do you expect?” I expect some plausibility. If you expect us to take this show seriously then they have to have some standard procedures for normal situations (i.e. how the FBI handles things, how Joe was able to have any visitor in prison with no supervision, little Joey isn’t given much credit and is portrayed like an idiot. etc). I finally stopped watching it but keep reading posts about it to see if maybe it gets better but the comments keep letting me know sadly NOPE. Man I’m so disappointed b/c the show had potential and the acting itself is good… oh well

Comment by Lena – April 12, 2013 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I couldn’t agree more!

Comment by Jennifer Heidebrecht – April 13, 2013 02:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Here’s an easy solution: STOP WATCHING IT, and also stop posting messages where you whine about how bad you think it is. Just go away!

Comment by Chris – April 13, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is horrible, and this clip doesn’t help matters.

Comment by David4 – April 12, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I started out loving this show, but it became so convoluted with the different plots involving the followers. Doesn’t anyone have nosy neighbors anymore? I think I would be a little curious about the people moving into the big house. Also I know that in the real world crimes are not solved in 60 minutes, but the FBI cannot be that inept!

Comment by Tessi – April 12, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree – its the same story every show, started off great and fizzled to the three stooges going to another location and getting bested – is top law enforcement really that inept? I figure it will take eight or so seasons to catch Joe Carroll and by that time, his son will become a serial killer and it will take another eight season to catch him – I’m moving on to Hannibal, first two episodes were fantastic…

Comment by Armand – April 12, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG you’re hilarious!! LMAO!! I love the show but your comments were priceless!!

Comment by Kim – April 12, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg! he was right there and they let him slip right out the door!!!!!!!

Comment by angie – April 12, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I truly enjoy the show. Lots of great actors.

Comment by Carolyn Stonestreet – April 12, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I enjoy it too Carolyn. Good acting, fast pacing, ggreat characters, etc. I love how it’s constantly being talked about either positively or negatively because both ways are benefiting it.

Comment by Shawn – April 13, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they trying to make a mockery out of the FBI on this show? I am at a loss for words.

Comment by MB – April 12, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to agree with all the above. This show started out great but it is the same show week after week. The FBI looks like idiots. Their shots don’t make contact and the followers are constantly getting away. Didn’t Joe and Jacob walk out the the same way last week? This is slowly losing steam and I don’t want to not like it.

Comment by Phil Revis – April 12, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone together, ENOUGH this is getting tired. WRITERS are you hearing your audience we are not that stupid…..

Comment by Elizabeth Burnett – April 12, 2013 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The lack of proper punctuation in your post belies your assertion.

Comment by Chris – April 13, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmm Roderick is kind of stupid to think Mike wouldn’t recognize him…

Comment by Natasha – April 13, 2013 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it! =)

Comment by N – April 13, 2013 01:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He could have just went back to Hardy and Parker and said “you know the sketch of the guy i gave? he’s the sheriff. we should follow him” but then that would make sense and nothing to date has. I do wonder since this is from the guy who did Scream/I Know What You Did, if it’s supposed to be unbelievable.

Comment by lvar12 – April 13, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe Jacob is going to develop a conscience and try to assasinate Joe. I believe Emma will kill Jacob ( a little poetic justice). Claire might be the one who kills Roderick after Rod takes off with Joey.

Comment by Langlois – April 13, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Jimmy Conway – April 13, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so you copy and pasted someone’s earlier comment and made it your own? lol

Comment by Daniel – April 13, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, why didn’t Weston tell Hardy about Roderick, then make a plan to follow Roderick back to the hideout? What he did was really dumb!

Comment by carles – April 15, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next thing that’ll happen will be Claire getting Stockholm’s Syndrome and siding with Joe. At this point, I expect everyone but Kevin Bacon to be a Follower. It’s getting ridiculous.

Comment by Mikael – April 15, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show has been renewed for a second season, … so guess who isn’t going to be caught in the remaining episodes? Maybe the writers can make the FBI look even more stupid next year.

I was hoping The Following would be as good as Southland. Nope.

The cast of The Following deserves better treatment than they got with these storylines.

Comment by Henry – April 15, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post