Supernatural Sneak Peek: Dean Trains Felicia Day's Charlie in the Ways of the Hunter

With Supernatural‘s Sam out of commission due to the physical toll of the second trial, Dean will decide to teach Felicia Day’s Charlie how to be a hunter in the April 24 episode (The CW, 9/8c), and we’ve got a sneak peek at the training session.

RELATED | Supernatural Season 8 Spoilers — Scoop on Dean’s Arc

The reunion between the geek goddess and the Winchesters takes a turn when the brothers start to suspect that Charlie is hiding a secret that could get her killed.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Dilys says:

Aww, can’t wait to see Dean and Charlie interacting again. Since he can’t be with Cas this episode, this is the next best thing. Love Robbie Thompson’s episodes.

2. Joey says:

I fear I might cry if they try to give Charlie the Jo treatment.

3. Lalalala says:

Here’s hoping Charlie gets Dean to talk about his feelings

4. Kay says:

Awww….. why did Sam have to be “out of commission”? He could have had some fun training Charlie too. Sam and Charlie never seem to have some special moments.

• Kara says:

Sam never seems to get any special moments with anyone this season it seems:/. Dean gets to have moments with guest characters while Sam gets to go do something off screen. Though I hope we do get some Sam and Charlie moments this epi for a change.

• Percysowner says:

Sadly it is true that Sam has not been allowed to interact with well practically anyone this season. It is doing a real disservice to his character, but apparently TPTB don’t care. However, I do know that Jared broke a rib and they may be sidelining him to let him recuperate a little. I hope that is the answer, although I really don’t believe it.

• BennyFan says:

Just this last episode Sam interacted with Ajay, and Benny. Plus he got a big scene with Bobby. Why is it when Sam actually does interact with someone it always seems to escape notice?

• Alan says:

sam just spent an entire episode with bobby where dean didnt even get a look in, not to mention the big moment with benny where sam tried to convince him to come back with him; and thats just in the last episode. comments like this are utter crap because they just disregard anything that would go against them.

• Jean says:

an entire episode with bobby where dean didnt even get a look in

O_O Seriously? Did you miss Naomi/Dean, Dean/Kevin and Dean/Benny?

And the last episode was a one off exception. This season it’s mostly Sam leaves the room (to do research, sit in the Impala, be asleep etc. off screen) while Dean gets to have fun/emotional bonding scenes with 90% of the side characters, especially the recurring ones.

• Jason says:

What the he!! are you talkin’ about? Good freakin grief. Uh, I do believe Sam just went to hell and had the ONLY interaction with our beloved Bobby, as well as the final interaction with Benny. And that’s just one episode. You little fangirls need to get a life and stop analyzing everything to death. No wonder you can’t enjoy the show. Sheesh.

5. Man, if they kill her in this episode, I will… throw things.

6. Pol says:

Make her kill some vamps, that would be cool!!!

7. Gina says:

Praying for a talk between Charlie and Dean about his feelings for Cas…

8. Drew says:

I’m not convinced that we need another Charlie episode this year. I would have rather seen the last episode expanded into two episodes so it would be less rushed. She is more of a once-per-season character… if that. And really, she has never meshed with this show in my opinion. Of all the characters who could be recurring, why her? She fits on geek-based shows, but this is supposed to be a more hardcore “dudes and cars” show.

• Gina says:

“this is supposed to be a more hardcore ‘dudes and cars’ show”

*ROLLS ALL OVER THE PLACE LAUGHING*

• Drew says:

Supernatural is about two guys, driving around in a classic car, listening to classic rock and shooting things. The Wincest crap is a fabrication, created in the minds of the teenage fangirls.

Charlie is a fun character, but they’re making her more important than she is. She was an out of place character, introduced during an out of place season. This year, the LARPing episode was fun, but we don’t need to turn this into a show that does LARPing, video games and scifi conventions every week. That’s not the show’s sweet spot. Exploding heads and splattering blood is the sweet spot.

I make it sound like good writing and character development aren’t important. They are. Just within the context of this show. Charlie is a “Chuck” or “Eureka” character more than she’s a “Supernatural” character.

• Delia says:

I’m laughing with you, Gina.

9. Yay says:

Charlie was the one good thing to come out of the awful mess that was season 7. I’m happy she’s back, the boys are a little low on friends (I miss Bobby. . .again)

10. TVDIVA says:

I may be in the minority but I am tired of seeing Felicia Day on Supernatural. I would rather have more Cas, Bobby and Benny.

• tp says:

I’m with you. Felicia Day’s characters always seem to annoy me. Well actually she started to annoy me on Eureka.

• TVDIVA says:

I agree. Eureka turned into the Felicia Day show the last season instead of being about the original core characters.

11. dude says:

I thought 7 was pretty great nothing wrong with it except the one thing that happens wasnt cool

12. I love the character, and am excited to have her back. I agree that I want Sam to have some time with the supporting characters as well, but I do believe Jared’s injury and then just the matter of his storyline (the trials) this season make it harder to do. Thank goodness we have another season all lined up!

13. Let’s just make her a regular next year! These two dealing with a female EVERY week would make for some good television!

14. Arianrhod says:

Dear God! Not another Charlie episode?! She was fine for a one off episode but not as a recurring character. Her character is an irritating cliche. They bring back characters like Charlie and Krissy (another nails down blackboard irritating stereotype – sassy, gobby teenager) but there’s no sign of mature females like Jodie Mills who actually act their age..unlike Charlie.

15. horrorfan664 says:

Please

Just no.

Can’t stand her, she was Actually decent in her one and only season 7 ep. But last episode was chock full of ridiculous bs about her bein a lesbian. We get it Felicia day you’re geeky and like girls.

Go back to playing wow and stay off my supernatural. You give female supporting characters a bad name.

This show needs more femme fatals IMO
    Ruby, Lilith, Bella, Eve were great.

Hopefully she dies this episode, bloodily.

• Anna says:

Wow, what a quality comment! So she’s not a good character because she’s a lesbian? Or because she is not badass enough? Have you seen her episodes? For a “normal“ person, not a demon or a hunter who grew up in this business, Charlie WAS pretty badass…

• Rowan77 says:

Obviously horrorfan has an issue with lesbians being portrayed on TV. I like Charlie as does a large portion of the fanbase. She’s smart resourceful, brave, and unafraid to live her life as she sees fit. I think she’s perfect for Supernatural.

16. Alan says:

good to see her back. nice to see the writers can deal with a female character who breaks their mold of only existing so the boys can have someone to sleep with then angst about when they die.

17. kate says:

I like Charlie a lot. she’s smart, she’s funny, kind of a geek, she’s kind and genuine, and comes with no really poorly written romantic tension and Dean and Sam both like her…I just don’t get the complaints. She’s a way better “younger sister” type than Jo ever was, which they managed to turn Jo into while simultaneously trying write her as a romantic interest for Dean. appearing in 3 episodes out of 46 episodes over two seasons does not equal “taking over a show.” looking forward to her making MORE appearances on Supernatural.

18. Spencer says:

I’m not the biggest Felicia Day fan, but holy crap, I love Charlie/Dean scenes. The bits in the LARPing episode about Belladonna (“the stripper?”) and the LARPing game strategy were gold.

19. Shannon says:

I like Charlie and think she is funny. I am glad she is becoming a hunter in training. Gosh the boys could use her computer skills.

20. Sam Kaye says: