Exclusive

Exclusive: Revenge Poised to Kill Off a Core Character in Season Finale

Revenge Season 2 Finale Major Character Death SpoilersBy the time the credits roll on Revenge‘s two-hour Season 2 closer on May 12, the Hamptons population will be down by one.

We’re not talking a plane-explosion fake-out or Tyler-Daniel-on-the-beach switcheroo. Series creator Mike Kelley tells TVLine exclusively that “one of our core cast members will not survive the finale.”

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying? Who’s Getting Engaged? Who’s Returning?

Even better, he adds, “Our audience will not have to wait to find out the identity of the person that didn’t survive. We will let them know within the two hours.”

So who’s headed to that big benefit gala in the sky? Click through our gallery of possible victims, then hit the comments with your predictions.

And if you need a hint, we’ll leave you with this cryptic Kelley comment: “It’ll be a surprise who it is – and it’s certainly a surprise to Emily.”

1. Lynnie says:

Ashley boring………….Declan boring…………. they can both go.

2. AuntieSocial1 says:

If they kill off Nolan, I won’t watch anymore.

3. Michaeltt says:

It will have to be Aiden. He deserves Emily but can’t have her for the sake of the plot. She can’t be sleeping with Daniel while professing to love Aiden, so he has to go.

• TMB Thompson says:

By this logic, and more in keeping with the whole a-core-character-will-die message, don’t you think it could actually go the other way? That is, Daniel has to go for the same reason? Does anyone imagine that Emily will actually marry Daniel? It seems to me that the biggest clue that Daniel might well die is the renewed engagement. Daniel’s death gives Emily pause, is true revenge on Victoria (though I doubt Emily will be directly responsible), and I also think it might bring in Nolan, who is the only male character to be exactly the right age to be Victoria’s other son. He might somehow kill Daniel. We don’t actually know much about his background (the distant father, the aunt is about it) and the whole “could have been in a foster home” allusion a few episodes back might well be a red herring.

And does anyone wonder if Nolan himself is the Falcon? That doesn’t really work with my other theories, but if not him, then who is the Falcon? Do Conrad and Victoria know who is he? I’m guessing not; they don’t appear to be in close touch with a techie genius on a daily basis, but then how did the Falcon get onto putting up a firewall or whatever on the Amanda Clarke fund so quickly? And if the Initiative has the Falcon on staff, how come they needed Nolan for Carrion? How do they even know about it, without of course Marco. And how did Daniel find Marco out of the blue to ask him about Nolan, etc.? I guess that argues that Marco is the Falcon. Also, didn’t Padma’s father get kidnapped about the time Marco last appeared? So perhaps that’s why Padma got targeted. I’m not quite clear on the whole thing, but I wonder if there was more to the whole Padma thing than we know (it’s certainly been hinted).

Also, for the love of god, why don’t the Graysons have a new security guy, a la Frank? If they needed one before, SURELY they need one now.

• WingsStef says:

My Nolan as Victoria’s other son radar went off a few weeks ago too. It would make sense to me that David would indirectly take care of Victoria’s son because he loved her so much. Also, I have to agree with you now that you mention it with Marco as well. There likely more to him than just being Nolan’s ex and those few appearances. Perhaps he is the Falcon or is at least associated with him or her. I like that theory. As who will die…I am not sure. My guess would be a Grayson though, but maybe not.

4. PST says:

Declan is out.

5. bess says:

It will be Ashley!!

6. MS. Golden Alexander says:

Get rid of Aiden or Ashley. I don’t like either one.

7. Miriam says:

OK so rumor mill as it that Emily herself didn’t renew her contract. That sure would be a surprise if it was Emily. But then what would the show do. Could they survive without the main character?

8. Erbdan says:

Emily and Aiden are a couple (hope they remain a steady couple). Daniel is boring, immature and a bit annoying to me….he and Ashley are perfect for each other, so let them go away together into the sunset. Jack is now to get his revenge for his son’s mother’s death. Declan and Charlotte needs to graduate from high school and get a life. ..Nolan must stay with the show!

9. Pat Wells says:

I hope it’s Ashley, I can’t understand a word she says. She needs voice lessons, so just out her. Get Nolan back on track.

10. Marquia says:

THEY BETTER NOT GET RID OF NOLAN!!!!

11. deme says:

I think people are taking the “true ally” spoiler too literal. This show’s promos and spoilers have been totally misleading. Daniel has always struggled with right & wrong when it comes to his parents and Emily. But he defers to her more often than not in an attempt to win her affections. He has done things to protect her positioning himself as her ally with Emily of course seeing him as pure Grayson causing her to have no problem in using him. I think Daniel will die a heroic death for Emily bringing her to the realization that he really was not his parents and that he choose her in the end.
    Emily & Vic’s convo @ Amanda gravesite for the first time I sensed that Daniel would die but I thought “they would never”. But low and behold they are. And they got a replacement son waiting in the wing. Daniel is a dead man.

• Glinda says:

Imagine how the lost of daniel will devastate both Victoria and Conrad!
      We all know how Victoria loves daniel and Conrad being daniel his only heir to the GG.

Victoria’s 1st son is coming and, as mike mentioned earlier this season, Conrad’s 1st son is also coming to town~ Unless they changed it to Vic’s son instead.

Looks like danny is a goner!!

• GuyAwks says:

Yeah especially with the engagement it doesn’t look like Daniel is long for this world. If it really is Daniel who bites it. I hope Victoria’s son or Conrad’s son makes a suitable replacement (probably should be Conrad’s son since Vic’s son will be far too old). The show really needs to take a risk and kill Daniel off.

12. Joylips says:

Ashley….She the one that will not be returning…

13. Ella says:

Please be Declan or Charlotte. Or Daniel.

14. Dianne says:

Aiden is not one of the choices….. It is a pitty.

15. kelly says:

My guess will be either Nolan or Jack.It would make the perfect sense to have one of them die as it would shake Emily to the core. I Hope its not them but we shall wait and see.

16. Mai says:

Daniel have to live he hot. I hate aiden kill him of. I love Emily she my favorite.

17. ANYONE but Nolan would be fine by me. LOVE Nolan :)

18. were123 says:

I think it’s like this.
    Safe: Emily (of course!), Nolan, Victoria and Jack
    Could go (but not likely): Conrad and Daniel
    Most likely to go: Ashley, Charlotte and Declan
    Out of the Revenge characters, Ashley has always been the most peripherical along with Declan so I think either of them could die. As for Charlotte, last year we had a possible casualty scenario with her, so it’s likely that she could go in a similar way this year.
    Conrad and Daniel are options as well, but they are more integral to the story with the whole David Clarke implications and Grayson global to control. Of course, with only one gone the other one can take care of the company, but I still would be shocked to see either of them die (of the two of them I see Daniel as the likely candidate to die, but not by much).
    As for Emily, Nolan, Victoria and Jack, I mean come on people! None of those 4 can die (until the end of the series), they are the core of Revenge. But if one of those 4 were to die, I’d bet it would be Jack, as the show could not live without Emily (the main character), Nolan (the breakout character) and Victoria (the main antagonist). The reason I put Jack in the “safe” section is because he’s likely to be the one who ends up with Emily. Would his dead be more than enough motivation to Emily to enhance a S3 far crueler vendetta against the Graysons? Sure, but it would be a waste.

19. deme says:

We all know Conrad is not going to win this election so where do they take him from here? Will there be a power struggle between him and Daniel for GG or will one of them bite the dust and the other take the helm?

20. LISE BORRIS says:

My first choice is Declan. My second choice is Conrad. Both are not adding much to the storyline lately so they would not really be missed. Just don’t kill Nolan or Daniel or Victoria.

21. Tasha says:

Wow…a major character death…typical…
    Emily- How the hell could they kill off the main character of the show now!? So….it’s NOT her.
    Jack- Don’t really care for him…he’s boring, dragging, annoying…but he IS supposed to end up with Emily right? So no…it’s not him either.
    Victoria- Kill off main villainess right away? Not in a million years….besides I hope not…she’s admittedly quite interesting.
    Conrad- Hmmm…don’t know about him. I really don’t like him, so that probably means he’s safe.
    Charlotte- Probable I think…Emily actually cares about her, and her death would deeply affect her in the sense that she lost her half-sister. But ally…hmm…well I guess she is sort of an ally isn’t she.
    Ashley, Declan- Again probable…but deeply hurting Emily? More Declan than Ashley…but then again, I don’t know. Regardless, both don’t really contribute much.
    Daniel- Am I the only one who DOESN’T want him dead? I think he could die though…he’s MAJOR…and Emily would feel horribly guilty. She’d have to be a psychopath not to at least care a little for him.
    Nolan- DON’T YOU DARE KILL HIM!!! And I think everyone agrees with me there. But that “Nolan-centric” finale is making me nervous…centric as in “likely to die” centric? I hope not…they better not! He’s the best part of the show and has an ENORMOUS fan base…so ideally he shouldn’t… but in retrospect, his death would destroy Emily more than anyone else’s would…and he IS a major ally.

22. Jay says:

I don’t really care who goes as long as it’s not nolan. If Nolan dies, I give up my title as a revenger. -__-

23. Suhaila says:

Guys seriously I have a strong strong strong suspicion its EMILY who is gonna die. And the shocking part, it’ll be Jack who kills her. And just as she’s dying, she tells him she’s really Amanda… roll credits…

24. Andrea says:

Please don’t let it be Nolan!!!
    I think he’s really cool and funny :)
    I think it might be Aidan or Daniel
    Aidan might die tryin to fight the initiative
    Daniel….I don’t know
    Because if jack and “Emily” will be together they’ve already killed “Amanda” so now they have to kill Emily’s love interest :)
    I <3 revenge!!!!

25. Angie says:

It will probably be Charlotte who dies.

26. Jewels says:

Please let it be Ashley. Simply put, I don’t trust her or like her.

27. Cher says:

Wouldn’t Victoria’s death certainly be a surprise to Emily? I think most of her revenge is pointed toward her for what she did to her father. My vote is Victoria.

28. Beth says:

I knok he’s not listed but my first instinct is Aiden. The last show we saw had Takeda being angry at him and Aiden was defiant about following orders. If Takeda kills him then Emily has to take revenge on her revenge master– Takeda.

Otherwise, Daniel which will make Victoria seek revenge on Emily. But my money’s on Aiden, which is a shame because I think he’s the sexiest of the male characters and has the most believable connection to Emily.

29. Lo says:

I’m thinking it might be Charlotte. From the spoilers I’ve seen s/he is important to Emily and has a love interest that hasn’t been involved in the revenge stuff.

Victoria, Conrad, Daniel, Nolan and Jack are all too important to the show, and aside from Conrad/Victoria, the only significant love interest for any of them would be Emily, who is obviously very involved in the revenge stuff.
    Declan and Ashley would be the most expendable for the show, but they’re also too expendable to impact Emily. She’s pretty indifferent towards Ashley and she’d feel bad for Jack losing Declan, but not enough to change anything.
    Charlotte’s just expendable enough to not be a huge detriment to the show, but significant enough to affect Emily. I feel like Charlotte being collateral damage in Emily’s plot for revenge against Conrad/Victoria could definitely mess with Emily. As much as I adore Charlotte, she might actually add more value to the plot as a corpse.

(The season finale is also titled Truth, so it could be Charlotte finding out the truth about Emily, but she dies so Emily’s secret is safe)

30. Caroline says:

It is going to be Aiden because. His picture might not be up there but it is most likely him. They others will all survive. If it is not Aiden it will be Tekayda.

31. Miss Kiki says:

Declan is no longer useless if he’s the father of Charlotte’s baby…Jack has practically been written out, his storyline is so boring…but I think it will be Ashley, she serves no purpose anymore

32. kristi says:

I don’t think it will be Nolan, it would break too many hearts.
    my guess is Charolette, she’s a core member of the cast and has constantly been on a downfall and that death would shatter everyone. Also felt like there was some foreshadowing in the beginning of the season when Amanda’s death occured and victoria talked about losing a child.

I feel like Jack or Nolan would just shatter Emily and defeat the purpose of the show.

• Sarah says:

The comment on the loss of the child was likely connected to Victoria remembering her lost child, not foreshadowing another. Even though he first born didn’t die he did become lost to her when she abandoned him.

33. Sarah says:

After watching the most recent episode it seems weird to kill off another character already, especially since Aiden and Takeda had their mini battle. But that makes Aiden an even bigger possibility since it would be balancing that out. Plus his death would clear the way for Jack….. eventually. But since Aiden isn’t listed it’s hard to judge his possibility. Ashley, Declan, and Conrad would all be ready to remove from the show but unlikely to shock Emily much. Victoria and Emily are clearly unlikely as they are the primary players. Nolan would shock Emily but he’s difficult to imagine being killed purely because of his technical background, which seems a little too vital for Emily’s goal. Plus there can easily be more done with The Falcon. Charlotte would be a good candidate because she is less vital to the show but just important enough to Emily. The pregnancy makes killing her a risky choice, however, and would require very careful writing. Jack is probably the most plausible option since Emily loves him and his death would affect her greatly. It would also propel her revenge further and cause a new issue with the baby. Personally I prefer Jack and think this is a bad idea. Daniel is sort of a hit or miss choice. After the confusion in the first season it might be a bit weird to have him die this season. At the same time, his death would still affect Emily, who doesn’t quite love him fully, but does care about him. His death would also affect the Graysons and open a spot for the first son.

If only choosing from the original cast, the best options to meet the mentioned criteria, are Jack, Daniel, or Grayson (not liked by Emily but still shocking since she is clearly not ready to have him killed but wanting to hurt and destroy him first). If from the entire cast then Aiden is the easiest choice.

34. Emma says:

I think it might be Amanda!! I hope it’s not. Hopefully Victoria, I’m over her behaviour. Why would she hate Emily? Emily seems awesome. Stop the jack hate. He is nice not like a backstabbing Victoria or Ashley. Uh Ashley is pretty but she nearly got Emily hurt. After everything Emily did for her. Come on. I love this show. Emily van camp is amazing. She is a stunning girl. Xx

35. Amel says:

i think it would be conrad or victoria.it will be a surprise to emily because she wanted to revenge them after all and if one of them die before the end of her mission its kind of disappointing and she probably thought she would be the one taking them down in a way or another.

36. kristi says:

Another possibility is Daniel.. Aiden could potentially be seeking Revenge on him now because of the job and his jealously over Emily. Aiden has been hitting a low point in his life,especially after killing his mentor. So who knows. This death would def shake Emily and the entire coast. And make sense because of the whole leaving for France thing.

37. kristi says:

I also think that Nolan is too crucial of a character. Aiden is too impulsive leaving a lot of room for error

38. Brenn says:

Itll be Charlotte. Shes been partying and drinking so Im sure it will be some kind of dwi accident, or caused by that random party girl shes been hanging and suckin face with.. shes not been in the scope of danger, so itd def be a surprise to Ems….. And it shouldnt be Ashley.. if you remember, her and Ems had met once before at that Russian bar/whorehouse or w/e it was, where Ems gave Ash money through the bathroom stall (never actually met face to face) and told her to get out of there, then she magically ends up in the Hamptons also?? Thats no coincidence, theres def gotta be somethin else goin on there, another reason shes there too.. theres just too much focused on Jack in the preview, so itd be tacky to actually end up him being the one to die, when they say ‘hes walking into a trap’.. they wouldnt give that much away if it were really him…. I think Jack and Ems are gonnna team up, it seems like shell clue him in on the real story, and they both team up for Amanda/Emilys sake…… Ems will have to be there for Daniel when his/their sister dies… and Aiden was just brought on this season, a waste of time to make a story line outta him then just off him… and There cannot be one bad guy, conrad and vicky have to stay.. Jacks lost too much to lose Declan also (who would also be destroyed by Charlottes death, possibly opening a window for him to join Ems and Jack)… and Nolan absolutley, by no means, can be killed off. For any reason. I would never watch and ABC show again. forever.

39. Lorne says:

Watching all the promos the only characters missing when the death takes place are Nolan, Declan and Jack. I think it will be Declan. Gabriel Mann in an interview said one of the characters will become an anti Christ like figure. Jack’s character is much darker now and with the death of both his wife and brother he fits the description. It also leave the door open for a new romance down the road Jack and Charlotte Just my thoughts.

40. Me says:

I am hoping it is Conrad, Daniel, and Ashley.. All 3 please…

41. I hope its Jack cuz hes sooooooooooooooooooo boring

42. Not Conrad, pleeeease

43. Alexander says:

Nolan or Charlotte

44. kathy says:

I read this week that Madeline Stowe (Victoria) doesn’t want to do TV series anymore?
    Could it be her?

45. Delena forever says:

Daniel Conrad Charlotte or Ashley

46. B says:

Nolan turns into a bad guy they find out… its the ‘surprise’ that the writer says ‘will surprise Emily….. Hes everyones favorite, but once they find out about his bad side everyone will be glad actually that’s hes the one to go……

47. Craig says:

It is not going to be Ashley, Conrad or Victoria. Are any of those deaths going to make her re-think her revenge plan? I think it may be Declan, leaves Charlotte as a single mother and will devastate Jack.

48. mikaela says:

sadly yhu guys its going to be jack

49. JoJo West says:

I am sure it is Aiden who dies, even though I don’t want to believe it!

50. Mamie says:

Wonderful blog you have here but I was wondering if you
    knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about in this
    article? I’d really like to be a part of online community where I can get feed-back from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Bless you!