Exclusive

Exclusive: Revenge Poised to Kill Off a Core Character in Season Finale

Revenge Season 2 Finale Major Character Death SpoilersBy the time the credits roll on Revenge‘s two-hour Season 2 closer on May 12, the Hamptons population will be down by one.

We’re not talking a plane-explosion fake-out or Tyler-Daniel-on-the-beach switcheroo. Series creator Mike Kelley tells TVLine exclusively that “one of our core cast members will not survive the finale.”

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying? Who’s Getting Engaged? Who’s Returning?

Even better, he adds, “Our audience will not have to wait to find out the identity of the person that didn’t survive. We will let them know within the two hours.”

So who’s headed to that big benefit gala in the sky? Click through our gallery of possible victims, then hit the comments with your predictions.

And if you need a hint, we’ll leave you with this cryptic Kelley comment: “It’ll be a surprise who it is – and it’s certainly a surprise to Emily.”

1. Anna says:

I love how literally nobody wants Nolan to be the one that’s killed off. It makes me really happy. I hope it’s Declan, because his character’s pretty useless atm.

2. Mimi says:

But not a ‘surprise’ – Mike Kelley using an odd way to describe the affect of this death.

Could it be Mason Treadwell, we are assuming ‘regular cast’ but ‘core’ could be someone we know well S1 and 2 who has been very key to the story.

3. Ms Big says:

I want to see Ashley or Daniel dead and I hoe that Padma will stay dead. I like Aiden.

4. I hope they kill of victoria or emily

5. astrid says:

I’m guessing Ashley – because I am not sure what else she could be doing story-wise
    or
    DANIEL! That would be interesting because Emily should feel the guilt, Victoria would circle spin of control and might be tempted to concentrate on her other child(ren!) .

6. mike says:

Aiden or Ashley would be OK with me.

7. Leo says:

Let it be Declan pleaseeee! And then poor Jack will have lost all his family and go crazy next season…

8. Aryn says:

Firstly, a death isn’t necessary in my eyes…the only surprise deaths would be Jack or Nolan…and they can’t/won’t kill Victoria, Conrad. They can however kill Ashley as she is saving someone else to let her go out a good person instead of the Victoria-Wanna-Be she has become. I wouldn’t miss Declan or Charlotte really, so most likely won’t be one of them. My brain says it’s going to be Daniel, but I love Josh Bowman so much I’d hate to see him leave!!! Logically I think they are going to kill Daniel; but I hope it’s Ashley redeeming herself instead.

9. Dave says:

I hope its not Ashley. I’ve always been intrigued by her character. Not really sure where her loyalties lie, as shes been in cahoots with Victoria, Conrad, Daniel and now Emily. I still thinks there is more places they could go with Charlotte. Obviously it can’t be Emily and I’m not sure I could forgive them if they killed Victoria. Shes just someone you really love to hate. It can’t be Jack because baby Carl needs his daddy. Really the only ones I would not mind would be Conrad, Daniel or Declan. Unlike Victoria, I just wish he wasn’t even around for me to hate. I’m over Daniel now and Declan has been useless and unengaging from the beginning. I really hope its not Nolan. I think that would be pretty shocking to Emily. Maybe he kills himself because he can’t bare living with the fact that he couldn’t save Padma. I don’t know, just a theory.

10. dude says:

Declan, Jack or Ashley.

11. lisa says:

I hope its Ashley…shes so annoying and pointless to the story line.

12. Jo says:

Please let it be Ashley!

13. Mimi says:

There’s no way they’d kill off Nolan, not going to happen.

I am intrigued that Daniel is in the frame, but then what more can they do with him and Emily over another season? – break up and faux romance GroundHog Day, him getting mean and dark as part of GG – again. Ofcourse they could get married and she’d have her feet under the Grayson Mansion table.

I could see Aiden doing the deed – his jealousy for Daniel and general dislike is growing by each new episode.

The cast were all in tears at the final round table read through for 2.22, I wonder if the death of a character caused that?

14. obi says:

If Nolan dies, there’s going to be hell to pay because he’s my favorite character. I wouldn’t mind if Ashley kick the bucket in the finale. I hate her character. I would not miss her.

If Jack dies, you know, he’s an okay character but I wouldn’t miss him that much.

15. Guy says:

EXCLUSIVE: Revenge producers desperately want you to watch the show again, release story details to entice you.

16. Andrea says:

I could see it being Jack. Especially since Conrad has a hit out on him. I can’t really see them offing anyone else. They already tried to off Victoria at the end of last season, but it didn’t work. Haha.

17. John says:

Pretty much indifferent. As long as it’s not Nolan. He’s the best part of the show.

18. Steph says:

I really hope it’s Daniel. It would be great for the story. It would really hurt Victoria. Plus, how many times are they going to do the fauxmance, breakup, makeup, fakeup. It’s getting tiresome and old. Plus it looks like they are about to get engaged again, ugh. Give us something new and shocking! Just because they are a real life couple doesn’t mean they have to get together on the show. I know the writers don’t have the guts to kill Daniel off, but I can hope.

• deme says:

Engaged again!?!?!? You have got to be kidding me, the same storyline in the FIRST TWO SEASONS! No movement whatsoever, un-freaking-believable! The creator has stated that Emily doesn’t love him and there’s nothing Daniel can do to win her heart. So what’s the point?! Have her get close to HER SISTER if she needs an in to the Graysons. If Emily and Daniel are together in the beginning of season 3, I’m done.

19. RichieS says:

It’s Declan. He sees the headline in a NY paper with a picture of Eric van der Woodson with a caption ” Upper East Sider seeking long lost twin” and he proceeds to drink Drano.

20. Tahonia says:

AIDEN!!! Let him go, but NEVER Nolan or else I’m done.

21. Jessie says:

No! Not Conrad!!!
    Without Conrad, Victoria name will be powerless! Conrad is the only solid ally Victoria has in the show. Even the Grayson name will not be thy intimidating at all!

Daniel is too involved with Emily and not as bad as his parents. He doesn’t have the guts to be a”hardcore” Grayson
    Season 3 will be sooo boring if that will happen.

22. Jessie says:

*** i mean victoria will be powerless**

23. Jessie says:

Daniel is a probable candidate. But his too CORE

-core character
    -close to charlotte
    -will surprise emily
    -aidan might do it, being the greatest betrayal to emily

I can even imagine how this will devastate victoria and conrad. Good luck

My personal wishlist: Jack, Declan, Ashley!

24. this was always the plan, Mike had said season 3 would start with a funeral back when season 1 was still going on.

25. Eliza says:

As long as VICTORIA, EMILY, CONRAD and NOLAN are safe, hello season 3!!!!!
    i woudn’t even mind if they kill everyone else and bring in all new other casts.

26. Linda says:

All I have to say is, it better not be Nolan.

27. Tracy says:

My guess is either Conrad or Charlotte. Conrad because then that would be why his other son shows up. Charlotte because she’s Emily’s sister. I really doubt they’d kill off Nolan or Jack. That’s too drastic.

• Louis E. says:

Whose first son will we see first…Conrad’s or Victoria’s?
      (I’m also hoping to see Conrad’s daughters by his first wife,Charlotte’s official bio has said “youngest daughter of the Grayson clan” from the beginning).

28. revengewatcher says:

Please, please let it be Daniel!! Cant stand him.

29. BTM says:

I bet if Emily were the one to die, she’d be VERY surprised.

30. Pauly says:

It’s either Hurley or Locke

31. Katie says:

It has to be either Ashley, Declan, or Aiden.

There is no way they are killing Jack or Charlotte before they find out Emily’s true identity. I can’t see them killing of Daniel, Nolan, or Conrad.

32. Donna says:

I think the person that dies is someone who finds out the truth that Emily is really Amanda Clarke. Maybe Charlotte, Daniel or Ashley. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

33. shadester says:

I think we could lose Daniel, declan or charlotte. they are not needed anymore. something tells me it could be Aiden though. I actually like him.

34. Ginny Krumb says:

Please let it be Jack!! No chemistry at all with Emily

35. deme says:

They have spent an entire season building the Emily&Aiden relationship as well as the Aiden character. He’s in w/the Graysons and they’ve given him a home. No way they’re killing him off.

I think they should marry Daniel & Emily off and he dies immediately after the wedding. But not before finding out who she really is and that he was a pawn. Upon his death Emily will inherit part of the Grayson fortune (maybe stock in the company). Keeping her tied to the family.

This show needs a serious jolt for S3.

• Love your thoughts on this. Very good!!!

• Lyn says:

I hope that’s what happens. I hate Daniel and Emily together. I have a bad feeling Aiden is going to be killed in the finale. I will be so done with the show if that happens. It’s bad enough Emily had to sleep with Daniel and then get engaged. The only thing that would make it bearable is if Daniel dies.

• Louis E. says:

I have a desperate hope that Aiden will be killed in the finale.I will be so thrilled with the show if that happens.

• That’s actually a brilliant idea- if she marries in and then Daniel dies she’ll always be tied to the Graysons. I hope the writers don’t waste this opportunity to shake up the series.

Daniel finding out the truth as he dies (and possibly not forgiving Emily) would be absolutely heartwrenching.

36. I just hope that don’t drag the show out to the place where it no longer makes sense. I love this show and am hoping Jack and Emily eventually get together. Nolan’s Emily’s best bud but…where are they going with him? One thing said at the end of the episode when Amanda died Emily’s revenge was about hitting home with Victoria’s family (my paraphrase)so maybe it is Charlotte who really has no purpose lately.

37. Serena says:

It’s Absolutely going to be Aiden, he is going to die and then Emily and Jack are going to get together!

• deme says:

Aiden is not stopping Emily and Jack from being together. Emily is stopping Emily and Jack from being together. Removing Aiden from the picture will not change that. Aiden isnt’ going anywhere.

• Lyn says:

Aiden is not keeping them apart. Emily’s need for revenge is. She’s getting engaged to Daniel in an upcoming episode. Aiden is actually on Jack’s side. Mike Kelly said that Aiden is going to think that Emily would be better off with Jack. You should be hoping that Daniel gets killed if you want Emily to be with Jack.

• GuyAwks says:

Ditto, I ship Emily/Jack but I actually don’t mind Aiden because he’s a decent person and he’s not actually keeping Emily from Jack. Daniel on the other hand is, and thus he should be the one to go.

38. Top of my RedSharpie hitlist has always been Jack. Not ever gonna happen I know but he should have gone down with the Amanda. I pray to the TV gods that Mike Kelley will see the light and not subject us to the disappointing endgame of BabyDaddyLoser with Ems. IMO Jack is not appealing in the least bit unless you suffer from insomnia. Aiden at least has chemistry with Ems. Sorry but Jack is such a thorn(e) in my side.

So going by the clues 1)core character 2)surprise for Ems 3)close to Char I would go with a GraySON ~ Danny. Conrad is also a possibility but I hope not as his love/hate banter with Vic is an evilicious highlight of Revenge for me. A friend mentioned Clue 4) Ally of Ems? which made me consider Mason. He fits Clues 1,2 and 4. I thought of him as I didn’t know of Clue 3 till I got here. Killing Mason would effectively stop him from his tell-all which could very likely result in a dejavu Ems behind bars ending. Plus he’s a loose end who knows too much about Ems and has read David’s letters. We know how Revenge loves to kill off chars who are privy to impt secrets: Frank, WHM, Mandy, Trask.

• Mimi says:

Agree with so much in this post.

Daniel to go please.

• Louis E. says:

I DEMAND that our heroine wind up with Jack,and wouldn’t mind seeing Aiden die a hundred times!

• Lyn says:

Why all the Aiden hate, Louis? If you really want Emily to be with Jack, you should be hoping that Daniel dies. Emily is probably going to let Aiden go so he can be happy because revenge will always come first for her. He is not a threat. Personally, I love Aiden, but if he can’t be with her, I would prefer her with Jack over Daniel.

39. TTATL says:

Daniel please! Some viewers complain about the Initiative and the Ryan Bros but for me Daniel was the biggest waste of screentime. The writers spent ep after ep stalling Emily’s revenge by dragging through endless makeups/breakups and by trying to make this weak and brainless character relevant to the plot. I didn’t mind him so much at first but now I cringe whenever he’s onscreen. Besides, killing him could at least send Victoria into a tailspin for next season. Yes kill him and do it soon!

40. Glinda says:

i don’t know if i can watch revenge without the love-hate relationship of Conrad and Victoria. That’s too entertaining to let go so no-no for killing Conrad

41. Lauren says:

Since this show is about REVENGE, not LOVE (so far emily has been so obsessed with revenge that relationships have been unimportant to her)I believe emily will marry daniel to aid in her plan…

42. apple says:

Declan and Charlotte are useless, they can kill ‘em BOTH! Jack is boring so, i wouldnt care that much (I’ve been hating him lately, I really dont like seeing his dark side). Im not into Conrad but Victoria and him make a hell of a team! Victoria and Emily cant be killed, they’re the core of the show. Daniel, well he’s hot LOL so I wouldnt want him to leave. Last but not least, if they kill off my Nolan, I’ll stop watching and delete every Revenge episodes I have right away ahah.

43. Sophia says:

It cannot be Nolan! If it is Nolan then the whole show is dead because many revengers are tied to Nolan as am I. I think it may be Ashley because you wouldn’t expect her to be involved in all this killing drama she more the causing it and letting other people deal with it so it may be her, Charlotte needs to know that Emily is in fact Amanda and so does Jack I wouldn’t mind if Conrad went he’s becoming useless so

44. Dana Lowi-Merri says:

Killing off Victoria, while horrible, might help advance the plot.

First, she probably knows the most about the David Clarke story than any other character. With her gone, it would be more complicated to piece together an accurate version of the story.

Second, with Victoria gone, Emily will have to readjust her Revenge plan. Her focus might change to trying to figure out how much Victoria really knew. More juicy secrets will be revealed.

Third, with Victoria gone, allegiances will be shifted. The relationship between Daniel, Charlotte, and Conrad will change.

Her other son will come into the picture, and play a significant role. If this other son somehow happens to be Nolan, then, in light of Victoria’s death, his own sense of purpose will evolve.

I can just see so much potential for season three with Victoria killed off. From a fan’s perspective, I definitely hope not because her character is absolutely amazing and it would be a tremendous loss. But from a storyteller’s perspective, it makes sense.

45. Dana Lowi-Merri says:

If not Victoria, Daniel is a very likely option.

Daniel dying would be damaging for Emily and Victoria especially.

It will lead to the slow, torturous demise of the Grayson family. With Dan out of the picture, there will be no more Graysons to carry the family name. This will put both Charlotte and Victoria in a precarious position, it may limit their inheritance and assets.

46. Dennis says:

The only people i see affecting Emily is Nolan, Aiden, Jack, Charlotte, and Daniel. TBH this show is becoming like the walking dead, so many people dying. After the real Emily died, i thought they were gonna build into that. there are actually many useless characters here, actually everyone except Aiden, Nolan, Emily and Victoria. The core of the show is Nolan, Emily and Victoria. Daniel has become worthless, Jack is becoming something.

• deme says:

LOL! What pray tell is the something Jack is becoming? He’s the same boring drip he’s always been to me since S1 E1.

• Glinda says:

There’s only one thing i want jack to become… Dead!
      That man i soooooo annoying!

• Glinda says:

The core of the show revolves around Emily and Victoria.
      Nolan, though a fan favorite, is not really the core story. Nolan is like Conrad in Victoria’s side.

47. Luvi says:

all the jack haters he is not going anywhere he is emily true love jamily fo life .

• Agreed, Mark Kelly has made it pretty clear he wants Jack/Emily as endgame. They’re definitely doing to happen.

• deme says:

I ask in sincerity. How has Mike Kelley made it clear that they were endgame? I’ve seen him say Jack will always be the core relationship for Emily. But that doesn’t translate to they will end up together. Can you point me to an interview or quote where he is definitive in the position of Emily ending up with Jack?

48. - Emily gets engaged to Daniel next episode.
    – Christa Allen has said in an interview the person who dies will be someone “close to Charlotte”.
    – Victoria already has another son.

I honestly think the evidence in favor of it being Daniel who is killed off is staggering. Which is extremely risky, but if the show can pull it off (and get Charlotte and Jack on Team Revenge) then I’ll love the show for going there. Daniel doesn’t have much more to offer that Jack or Aiden can’t and it would be fitting for him to finish the way he started (Emily’s dead fiance).

That said, I’m a Jack/Emily shipper but I’ll definitely miss Daniel’s presence on the show. I hope the show can fill the void if the writers go that way.

49. Mary says:

With the finale description tagline reading “Emily unleashes her endgame towards Victoria and Conrad and the death of a true ally begins to take its toll on her sanity.” I’ll have to guess Aiden or Nolan. Is not like she has a lot of “true allies”!