Exclusive

Exclusive: Revenge Poised to Kill Off a Core Character in Season Finale

Revenge Season 2 Finale Major Character Death SpoilersBy the time the credits roll on Revenge‘s two-hour Season 2 closer on May 12, the Hamptons population will be down by one.

We’re not talking a plane-explosion fake-out or Tyler-Daniel-on-the-beach switcheroo. Series creator Mike Kelley tells TVLine exclusively that “one of our core cast members will not survive the finale.”

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying? Who’s Getting Engaged? Who’s Returning?

Even better, he adds, “Our audience will not have to wait to find out the identity of the person that didn’t survive. We will let them know within the two hours.”

So who’s headed to that big benefit gala in the sky? Click through our gallery of possible victims, then hit the comments with your predictions.

And if you need a hint, we’ll leave you with this cryptic Kelley comment: “It’ll be a surprise who it is – and it’s certainly a surprise to Emily.”

1. William says:

Praying to god that it’s Daniel. To this day I stand by my opinion that he should’ve died on the beach last year.

2. A says:

PLEASE LET IT BE AIDEN, I can’t stand that character. Declan too.

3. Donna E says:

I think it might be Daniel or Charlotte at the hand of Victoria’s first born son.

• Eliza says:

As long as VICTORIA, EMILY, CONRAD and NOLAN are safe, hello season 3!!!!!
      i woudn’t even mind if they kill everyone else and bring in all new other casts.

4. Ashley for sure…she’s pointless.

5. TT says:

I hope it’s Ashley. The actress came off as quite a stuck-up cow on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Oh and yeah, she can’t act to save her life.

6. H says:

I hope it’s Aiden. For someone who’s actually British in real life his accent is terrible.

7. Roni says:

I hope it’s Ashley…. or Aiden. As long as it’s not Emily, Nolan, or Jack.

8. Mimi says:

The key word is ‘surprise’ doesn’t sound like someone Emily is close to. Ashley’s storyline with Jack and Conrad could take an interesting turn.

9. DS says:

The actress who plays Charlotte was on some morning show and she insinuated it would be someone close to her character. My guess Daniel. I can’t imagine them getting rid of Conrad or Victoria. It’s time for the Grayson’s to lose someone and if the actress was truthful it will be a Grayson. Would anybody really care if it was Ashley? I don’t consider her a “core” character. Jack has lost so much, I don’t see it being Declan. Could you imagine Victoria losing her baby boy? Don’t forget her other son will be showing up next season.

• Tiffanie Orr says:

if its someone close to charlotte my bet would be Declan. But it could be Daniel since they wanted to do away with him in first season. But since he and emily are together in reality they would want to keep her happy. but lets not forget Revenge ratings have dropped so it could just all die

• deme says:

In reality no show should base their storylines on who is sleeping with whom off the set. I hope they’re not keeping Joshua just because he’s bed buddies with the lead actress.

10. K. says:

Hoping it’s Daniel but if not then Ashley or Conrad!

11. Tiffanie Orr says:

cant understand why anyone would want it to be Jack. He is a core character that show revolves around Emily hiding the fact from jack that she is really his true childhood sweetheart/bestfriend Amanda and lying to him and everyone. Im sure it would take a few episodes for a good storyline for when truth comes out. what good would it do to waste such a great long awaited (well at least to me almost 2 seasons now) storyline/plot to just fizzle/finish with death? Does not make sense unless fans keep begging for poor jacks death. only death that wouldnt matter much is Ashley or Declan

• Ryan says:

How much more can they do with a storyline about Emily hiding her identity from Jack? He doesn’t have much to do with Emily getting revenge on the Graysons. He may play a role in taking down Conrad’s political ambitions, but what after that?

• ZmaX says:

He liked David Clarke and he loves Emily, if he knew everything that happened I could definitely see him joining Emily’s fight for Revenge. He’s already gotten darker recently.

• Tiffanie Orr says:

im sure in the beginning writers have stories of how things would eventually unfold with her secrets. if not there would never have been a reason to have her keep her identity a secret from jack. plus what other places do they have to go besides victorias mansion, emilys, office? just jacks bar lol eventually jack will want revenge on emily for lies and her revenge

12. Paul says:

Would anyone really care if it was Ashley? Same with Declan. Plus, that’d be too much for Jack to handle if Declan was a goner, too. I’m going with Daniel. His death would actually make sense in the long run: especially since they’ve shown him being on a bit of a downward spiral for a while now. The only thing that doesn’t mesh is that Joshua Bowman and Emily VanCamp are dating in real life so I doubt they’d kill him off.

• kavyn says:

I’d care if it was Ashley… I liked her character in season 1. It would be nice if they went back to her story instead of making her some ho.

13. rachel. says:

if it’s nolan, i quit revenge.

14. ABC says:

jack, declan and daniel please!!!

15. Fabe says:

Declan and Charlotte shouldn’t count.

16. ggny says:

I think there is a good chance it might be Nolan. His character has kinda lost his storyline and he just isn’t the same as he was in season 1 thanks to the arrival of Aiden. I think the show might kill him to get some “Buzz” but really they will kill the show

• iMember says:

It won’t be Nolan. He’s more than just a core character and fan favorite, he is a huge part of Emily’s revenge plan. He’s the one with the high tech connections and the ability to prove Emily things she otherwise would not have access to. Nolan isn’t dying and there’s still A LOT more they can do with Nolan.

17. Ina Hark says:

Emily, Nolan, Victoria, Conrad, Daniel and Jack are safe as houses. My preference/prediction for the others: 1) Ashley 2) Aiden (if he’s considered core) 3) Declan, 4)Charlotte.

• Andy says:

You are aware that it will probably be a character you consider to be safe as houses. It’ll be Conrad or Daniel.

• Ina Hark says:

Actually, the ones I considered safe are still safe, at least still alive so not the death spoken of in this spoiler. That was Declan.

18. Jon says:

Declan or Ashley – both are useless on the show.

19. Amy says:

Hope it is Ashley (Her character is useless) or Jack ( he is boring) – no offense to the actors..

20. tdoug says:

Got to be Conrad.

21. megs says:

I don’t know who it’s gonna be- there are arguments for a lot of them. But I’m pretty sure it’s NOT gonna be Emily(obviously), Victoria, Nolan, or Jack.
    My money would be on Charlotte.

22. Sara says:

Don’t care who it is as long as it isn’t Nolan or Aidan. Or I guess Daniel. I don’t generally care for Daniel but….he’s nice eye candy.

23. Kris says:

I hope Declan dies comes back and gets killed again!!! I HATE that kid.

24. Mika02 says:

Kill whoever you want except Emily, Nolan and Jack that is all.

• Jan says:

That’s what I say, too. But add Victoria to the list. I’d be really upset if it’s Emily, Nolan, Jack or Victoria! Can’t wait to find out!

25. dee123 says:

Daniel’s pretty much useless now.

26. Amy says:

KEEP Aiden.. His character has a long way to go:) If Aiden is out .. I am not watching S3.

• iMember says:

I don’t get comments like these. You never started watching the show for Aiden since he never showed up till Season 2, so how is it going to affect you if he were to ever leave or die in the show? Don’t get me wrong, I really like Aiden, but when people say this it doesn’t make sense.

• deme says:

What’s so hard to understand? You come for one thing and leave for another. By E13 of last season I was half watching. I think I even missed a few episodes because I lost interested. Missed the first 3 episodes of s2. Caught a few clips online. Liked the interaction between Emily & Aiden and decided to play catch-up. So I can understand leaving if they decide to kill him off. See it’s that simple.

• Steph says:

I completely agree. I watched season 1, but at the beginning of season 2, I kind of only half watched while doing other things. Once Aiden entered the picture, I was totally hooked again. If he dies, I won’t bother watching a season 3.

27. Ella says:

So basically…..everyone is open to being whacked off. ;-)

28. Jan says:

Hope it’s not Emily, Nolan, Jack or Victoria. I hoping it’s annoying Ashley. But I’m surprised no one said it might be Emily. The way the quote says “it’s certainly a surprise to Emily” makes me think it might be her! Can’t wait to find out!

29. CJS says:

As long as it is NOT Emily, Victoria, Nolan, or Conrad, they can kill off whoever the heck they want.

30. Jan says:

Thinking it might be Daniel or Charlotte. That would really upset the Grayson household! I still WANT it to be Ashley though, but she’s not a core character. But please don’t let it be Emily, Nolan, Victoria or Jack!

31. Jake says:

Why does someone have to die? And I really hope they make good use of the death and make it a real whodunit!

32. Summer says:

ASHLEY!!!!!
    KILL ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!’

I HATE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. nateddog(future actor) says:

why even put Emily on here lol?????

34. jan says:

If they kill Nolan, I’m done with this show. Hopefully, not Jack and not Declan. How much can Jack bear? Conrad and Victoria are essential to this show’s plot. If anyone is dispensible, let it be Ashley.

35. Amy says:

@imember .. I started watching season 1 and I stopped watching the last few episodes bc i don’t see any chemistry between Daniel and Ems.. Then I started watching again when I saw the previews for season 2 with Aiden on it.. Jack and d

36. Alice says:

Anyone but Nolan

37. Amy says:

@imember.. I started watching season 1 and just before the last few episodes I stopped watching bc I don’t believe in Daniel and Ems chemistry .. Then I saw the preview for season 2 with Aiden on them..that got me started watching again.. Sorry that is just my option:) revenge without romance is boring to me!

• deme says:

OMG! I posted almost the exact same thing in reply to imember. “Revenge without romance is boring to me!” I love that quote.

38. Nicole says:

I hope it is Declan or Ashley. They don’t really have a storyline they are just there as supporting background characters. I wish it was actually Aidan but he is not a core character and is not pictured. I hope it is not Nolan Emily needs a confidante and to have a person who knows the real her and she can be honest with.

39. anil says:

I don’t think Ashley’s death would’ve been announcement worthy.

You know she will never leave. Useless losers survive til the show ends. lmao

40. Spencer says:

I’ve had a feeling that Conrad would die for quite a long time. But it would be great if it was Declan, Charlotte or Ashley.

41. Bellaz says:

I don’t like any of the choices, but if I have to chose….. Ashley. As long as it’s not Jack or Declan or Aiden or Nolan, and of course it won’t be Emily.

42. Sam says:

Please let it be Jack!!!

43. kavyn says:

Since it’s a ‘Nolan-centric’ finale I’m going to take a guess and say it’s either Nolan or Jack. Conrad also seems like a possibility. I doubt they’d kill Ashley unless if they just want a cop out to please the viewers (Ashley does have a lot more to offer, she clearly has an agenda of some sort but the writers decided to prioritize her as the ‘ho’ instead of as an independent character).

44. Allius says:

Where is Aiden’s picture? He isn’t in the mix? What a pity!

45. Susan says:

I hope its Ashley. But even though he’s not in the pictures, Declan has gotta go – he is such a gobber and such a weak actor

46. TamIWas says:

I think we can effectively rule out Emily or Victoria. They’re just too key to the show and their dynamic is too crucial. I also don’t think they would kill Jack and leave poor Karl orphaned. I have wondered if Jack will find out Emily’s true identity in the finale though now that he’s officially trying to take the Graysons down and Amanda is out of the picture. Since I’m convinced Emily will die in the series finale, it would give the writers time to play out the Jack/Emily relationship with him knowing who she really is. Anyway, I also rule out Nolan – he’s too popular with viewers and just too good on the show. I’m also skeptical about Declan, only because they already took away Amanda from Jack, plus his father is dead. I don’t think they’d kill of Declan too.

It has to be Ashely, Conrad, Daniel or Charlotte. An interesting twist would be if Charlotte learns Emily is actually Amanda, and therefore her real sister, as she’s dying. As for the other three, they aren’t key to the storylines. While Emily wants revenge on the Graysons, her battle is really with Victoria. She will be Emily’s final take down. I don’t necessarily believe it will be him. Ashely and Daniel are disposable characters even as part of the main cast. I wouldn’t really find either to be all that shocking.

47. Dan B says:

I wouldn’t consider Ashley a ‘Core’ character.

To me a core character besides Emily would be Nolan, Daniel, Victoria, Conrad or Jack.

With claims that the finale will be Nolan centric, I’m fearful it could be him.

48. Charlotte or Declan …………………………………………..

49. Azerty says:

Emily, Nolan and Victoria are the main reasons of the success so they are pretty safe (I hope). Jack has a new storyline of revenge against the Graysons and it would be such a waste to kill Charlotte before she discovers who her sister really is, the emotional potential could be one of the best arc in the show. Declan and Ashley are too far from Emily to cause her a surprise, they barely have scenes with her this season. Since Aiden is not in the gallery of the victims, I will say Conrad or Daniel, my vote on Daniel, he is the target of the initiative, his romance with Emily is more than boring and he is always “with my parents, against my parents” that dude need to choose a side.