Exclusive: Revenge Poised to Kill Off a Core Character in Season Finale

Get More: Exclusive, Previews

Revenge Season 2 Finale Major Character Death SpoilersBy the time the credits roll on Revenge‘s two-hour Season 2 closer on May 12, the Hamptons population will be down by one.

We’re not talking a plane-explosion fake-out or Tyler-Daniel-on-the-beach switcheroo. Series creator Mike Kelley tells TVLine exclusively that “one of our core cast members will not survive the finale.”

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying? Who’s Getting Engaged? Who’s Returning?

Even better, he adds, “Our audience will not have to wait to find out the identity of the person that didn’t survive. We will let them know within the two hours.”

So who’s headed to that big benefit gala in the sky? Click through our gallery of possible victims, then hit the comments with your predictions.

And if you need a hint, we’ll leave you with this cryptic Kelley comment: “It’ll be a surprise who it is – and it’s certainly a surprise to Emily.”

Tags: ,

Comments (402)

• Praying to god that it’s Daniel. To this day I stand by my opinion that he should’ve died on the beach last year.

Comment by William – April 11, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re not standing alone.

Comment by deme – April 11, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NO WAY!!! Emily needs Jack to perform her “mission”.

Comment by JE – May 3, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I meant to say Daniel and not Jack. Emily needs Daniel to operate her mission.,

Comment by JE – May 3, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE LET IT BE AIDEN, I can’t stand that character. Declan too.

Comment by A – April 11, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aiden is not in pictures shown nor is he a main character

Comment by Tiffanie Orr – April 11, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ya I noticed, but I can still hope. I just really dislike the character lol

Comment by A – April 11, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • AMEN!…Death to Aiden!!

Comment by Louis E. – April 20, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it might be Daniel or Charlotte at the hand of Victoria’s first born son.

Comment by Donna E – April 11, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As long as VICTORIA, EMILY, CONRAD and NOLAN are safe, hello season 3!!!!!
      i woudn’t even mind if they kill everyone else and bring in all new other casts.

Comment by Eliza – April 12, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ashley for sure…she’s pointless.

Comment by Damien Roberts (@dam744) – April 11, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Ashley. The actress came off as quite a stuck-up cow on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Oh and yeah, she can’t act to save her life.

Comment by TT – April 11, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Aiden. For someone who’s actually British in real life his accent is terrible.

Comment by H – April 11, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Ashley…. or Aiden. As long as it’s not Emily, Nolan, or Jack.

Comment by Roni – April 11, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The key word is ‘surprise’ doesn’t sound like someone Emily is close to. Ashley’s storyline with Jack and Conrad could take an interesting turn.

Comment by Mimi – April 11, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The actress who plays Charlotte was on some morning show and she insinuated it would be someone close to her character. My guess Daniel. I can’t imagine them getting rid of Conrad or Victoria. It’s time for the Grayson’s to lose someone and if the actress was truthful it will be a Grayson. Would anybody really care if it was Ashley? I don’t consider her a “core” character. Jack has lost so much, I don’t see it being Declan. Could you imagine Victoria losing her baby boy? Don’t forget her other son will be showing up next season.

Comment by DS – April 11, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if its someone close to charlotte my bet would be Declan. But it could be Daniel since they wanted to do away with him in first season. But since he and emily are together in reality they would want to keep her happy. but lets not forget Revenge ratings have dropped so it could just all die

Comment by Tiffanie Orr – April 11, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In reality no show should base their storylines on who is sleeping with whom off the set. I hope they’re not keeping Joshua just because he’s bed buddies with the lead actress.

Comment by deme – April 11, 2013 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping it’s Daniel but if not then Ashley or Conrad!

Comment by K. – April 11, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cant understand why anyone would want it to be Jack. He is a core character that show revolves around Emily hiding the fact from jack that she is really his true childhood sweetheart/bestfriend Amanda and lying to him and everyone. Im sure it would take a few episodes for a good storyline for when truth comes out. what good would it do to waste such a great long awaited (well at least to me almost 2 seasons now) storyline/plot to just fizzle/finish with death? Does not make sense unless fans keep begging for poor jacks death. only death that wouldnt matter much is Ashley or Declan

Comment by Tiffanie Orr – April 11, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How much more can they do with a storyline about Emily hiding her identity from Jack? He doesn’t have much to do with Emily getting revenge on the Graysons. He may play a role in taking down Conrad’s political ambitions, but what after that?

Comment by Ryan – April 11, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He liked David Clarke and he loves Emily, if he knew everything that happened I could definitely see him joining Emily’s fight for Revenge. He’s already gotten darker recently.

Comment by ZmaX – April 11, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • im sure in the beginning writers have stories of how things would eventually unfold with her secrets. if not there would never have been a reason to have her keep her identity a secret from jack. plus what other places do they have to go besides victorias mansion, emilys, office? just jacks bar lol eventually jack will want revenge on emily for lies and her revenge

Comment by Tiffanie Orr – April 11, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would anyone really care if it was Ashley? Same with Declan. Plus, that’d be too much for Jack to handle if Declan was a goner, too. I’m going with Daniel. His death would actually make sense in the long run: especially since they’ve shown him being on a bit of a downward spiral for a while now. The only thing that doesn’t mesh is that Joshua Bowman and Emily VanCamp are dating in real life so I doubt they’d kill him off.

Comment by Paul – April 11, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d care if it was Ashley… I liked her character in season 1. It would be nice if they went back to her story instead of making her some ho.

Comment by kavyn – April 11, 2013 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if it’s nolan, i quit revenge.

Comment by rachel. – April 11, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jack, declan and daniel please!!!

Comment by ABC – April 11, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Declan and Charlotte shouldn’t count.

Comment by Fabe – April 11, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think there is a good chance it might be Nolan. His character has kinda lost his storyline and he just isn’t the same as he was in season 1 thanks to the arrival of Aiden. I think the show might kill him to get some “Buzz” but really they will kill the show

Comment by ggny – April 11, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It won’t be Nolan. He’s more than just a core character and fan favorite, he is a huge part of Emily’s revenge plan. He’s the one with the high tech connections and the ability to prove Emily things she otherwise would not have access to. Nolan isn’t dying and there’s still A LOT more they can do with Nolan.

Comment by iMember – April 11, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily, Nolan, Victoria, Conrad, Daniel and Jack are safe as houses. My preference/prediction for the others: 1) Ashley 2) Aiden (if he’s considered core) 3) Declan, 4)Charlotte.

Comment by Ina Hark – April 11, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are aware that it will probably be a character you consider to be safe as houses. It’ll be Conrad or Daniel.

Comment by Andy – April 30, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, the ones I considered safe are still safe, at least still alive so not the death spoken of in this spoiler. That was Declan.

Comment by Ina Hark – May 12, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Declan or Ashley – both are useless on the show.

Comment by Jon – April 11, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope it is Ashley (Her character is useless) or Jack ( he is boring) – no offense to the actors..

Comment by Amy – April 11, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Got to be Conrad.

Comment by tdoug – April 11, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know who it’s gonna be- there are arguments for a lot of them. But I’m pretty sure it’s NOT gonna be Emily(obviously), Victoria, Nolan, or Jack.
    My money would be on Charlotte.

Comment by megs – April 11, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t care who it is as long as it isn’t Nolan or Aidan. Or I guess Daniel. I don’t generally care for Daniel but….he’s nice eye candy.

Comment by Sara – April 11, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Declan dies comes back and gets killed again!!! I HATE that kid.

Comment by Kris – April 11, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kill whoever you want except Emily, Nolan and Jack that is all.

Comment by Mika02 – April 11, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I say, too. But add Victoria to the list. I’d be really upset if it’s Emily, Nolan, Jack or Victoria! Can’t wait to find out!

Comment by Jan – April 11, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daniel’s pretty much useless now.

Comment by dee123 – April 11, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KEEP Aiden.. His character has a long way to go:) If Aiden is out .. I am not watching S3.

Comment by Amy – April 11, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t get comments like these. You never started watching the show for Aiden since he never showed up till Season 2, so how is it going to affect you if he were to ever leave or die in the show? Don’t get me wrong, I really like Aiden, but when people say this it doesn’t make sense.

Comment by iMember – April 11, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What’s so hard to understand? You come for one thing and leave for another. By E13 of last season I was half watching. I think I even missed a few episodes because I lost interested. Missed the first 3 episodes of s2. Caught a few clips online. Liked the interaction between Emily & Aiden and decided to play catch-up. So I can understand leaving if they decide to kill him off. See it’s that simple.

Comment by deme – April 11, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I completely agree. I watched season 1, but at the beginning of season 2, I kind of only half watched while doing other things. Once Aiden entered the picture, I was totally hooked again. If he dies, I won’t bother watching a season 3.

Comment by Steph – April 12, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’d be happier watching S3 if they DO kill Aiden than if they don’t!

Comment by Louis E. – April 20, 2013 06:13 AM PDT
  • So basically…..everyone is open to being whacked off. ;-)

Comment by Ella – April 11, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope it’s not Emily, Nolan, Jack or Victoria. I hoping it’s annoying Ashley. But I’m surprised no one said it might be Emily. The way the quote says “it’s certainly a surprise to Emily” makes me think it might be her! Can’t wait to find out!

Comment by Jan – April 11, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as it is NOT Emily, Victoria, Nolan, or Conrad, they can kill off whoever the heck they want.

Comment by CJS – April 11, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thinking it might be Daniel or Charlotte. That would really upset the Grayson household! I still WANT it to be Ashley though, but she’s not a core character. But please don’t let it be Emily, Nolan, Victoria or Jack!

Comment by Jan – April 11, 2013 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does someone have to die? And I really hope they make good use of the death and make it a real whodunit!

Comment by Jake – April 11, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ASHLEY!!!!!
    KILL ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!’

I HATE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Summer – April 11, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why even put Emily on here lol?????

Comment by nateddog(future actor) – April 11, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they kill Nolan, I’m done with this show. Hopefully, not Jack and not Declan. How much can Jack bear? Conrad and Victoria are essential to this show’s plot. If anyone is dispensible, let it be Ashley.

Comment by jan – April 11, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @imember .. I started watching season 1 and I stopped watching the last few episodes bc i don’t see any chemistry between Daniel and Ems.. Then I started watching again when I saw the previews for season 2 with Aiden on it.. Jack and d

Comment by Amy – April 11, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone but Nolan

Comment by Alice – April 11, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @imember.. I started watching season 1 and just before the last few episodes I stopped watching bc I don’t believe in Daniel and Ems chemistry .. Then I saw the preview for season 2 with Aiden on them..that got me started watching again.. Sorry that is just my option:) revenge without romance is boring to me!

Comment by Amy – April 11, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG! I posted almost the exact same thing in reply to imember. “Revenge without romance is boring to me!” I love that quote.

Comment by deme – April 11, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it is Declan or Ashley. They don’t really have a storyline they are just there as supporting background characters. I wish it was actually Aidan but he is not a core character and is not pictured. I hope it is not Nolan Emily needs a confidante and to have a person who knows the real her and she can be honest with.

Comment by Nicole – April 11, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think Ashley’s death would’ve been announcement worthy.

You know she will never leave. Useless losers survive til the show ends. lmao

Comment by anil – April 11, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve had a feeling that Conrad would die for quite a long time. But it would be great if it was Declan, Charlotte or Ashley.

Comment by Spencer – April 11, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like any of the choices, but if I have to chose….. Ashley. As long as it’s not Jack or Declan or Aiden or Nolan, and of course it won’t be Emily.

Comment by Bellaz – April 11, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let it be Jack!!!

Comment by Sam – April 11, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since it’s a ‘Nolan-centric’ finale I’m going to take a guess and say it’s either Nolan or Jack. Conrad also seems like a possibility. I doubt they’d kill Ashley unless if they just want a cop out to please the viewers (Ashley does have a lot more to offer, she clearly has an agenda of some sort but the writers decided to prioritize her as the ‘ho’ instead of as an independent character).

Comment by kavyn – April 11, 2013 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Aiden’s picture? He isn’t in the mix? What a pity!

Comment by Allius – April 11, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope its Ashley. But even though he’s not in the pictures, Declan has gotta go – he is such a gobber and such a weak actor

Comment by Susan – April 11, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on AMCPress.

Comment by AMCPress – April 11, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think we can effectively rule out Emily or Victoria. They’re just too key to the show and their dynamic is too crucial. I also don’t think they would kill Jack and leave poor Karl orphaned. I have wondered if Jack will find out Emily’s true identity in the finale though now that he’s officially trying to take the Graysons down and Amanda is out of the picture. Since I’m convinced Emily will die in the series finale, it would give the writers time to play out the Jack/Emily relationship with him knowing who she really is. Anyway, I also rule out Nolan – he’s too popular with viewers and just too good on the show. I’m also skeptical about Declan, only because they already took away Amanda from Jack, plus his father is dead. I don’t think they’d kill of Declan too.

It has to be Ashely, Conrad, Daniel or Charlotte. An interesting twist would be if Charlotte learns Emily is actually Amanda, and therefore her real sister, as she’s dying. As for the other three, they aren’t key to the storylines. While Emily wants revenge on the Graysons, her battle is really with Victoria. She will be Emily’s final take down. I don’t necessarily believe it will be him. Ashely and Daniel are disposable characters even as part of the main cast. I wouldn’t really find either to be all that shocking.

Comment by TamIWas – April 11, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t consider Ashley a ‘Core’ character.

To me a core character besides Emily would be Nolan, Daniel, Victoria, Conrad or Jack.

With claims that the finale will be Nolan centric, I’m fearful it could be him.

Comment by Dan B – April 12, 2013 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlotte or Declan …………………………………………..

Comment by Becky Tomes Vereen – April 12, 2013 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily, Nolan and Victoria are the main reasons of the success so they are pretty safe (I hope). Jack has a new storyline of revenge against the Graysons and it would be such a waste to kill Charlotte before she discovers who her sister really is, the emotional potential could be one of the best arc in the show. Declan and Ashley are too far from Emily to cause her a surprise, they barely have scenes with her this season. Since Aiden is not in the gallery of the victims, I will say Conrad or Daniel, my vote on Daniel, he is the target of the initiative, his romance with Emily is more than boring and he is always “with my parents, against my parents” that dude need to choose a side.

Comment by Azerty – April 12, 2013 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post