Yvonne Strahovski Returning to Dexter for Final Season; Happy Ending for Dex and Hannah?

Get More: Casting News

Dexter Season 8 Casting Yvonne Strahovski ReturnsDexter is bringing Yvonne Strahovski‘s cray-cray character Hannah back for the show’s (likely) final season, TVLine has confirmed.

According to EW.com, which broke the news, the Chuck vet will appear in multiple episodes of Season 8, which premieres June 30.

VIDEO | Dexter Season 8 Promo Pays Tribute to [Spoiler], [Spoiler], [Spoiler] and…

Hannah was last seen in the Season 7 finale fleeing town after escaping from prison, but exec producer Scott Buck later told us that her return was a definite possibility.

RELATED | Dexter Season 8 Scoop: Who’s Returning — and Who’s Not!

“I don’t know that Dexter can easily move past Hannah,” the EP added. “Even though he’s had other relationships in his life, this was the only truly honest relationship he had; the only instance in which he felt he was in love with someone. Who knows, years later he might be able to move past it, but I don’t think in this upcoming season he’s prepared to.”

Comments (49)

• Yay! I really liked her in this and if ever there were a perfect little murderess for Dex… :)

Comment by Bear75 – April 10, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was cool, although I expected something else. To tell the truth, I expected a much better season (6th was a little better in my opinion), but clearly I’m in the minority.

Comment by Claudia – April 10, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think season 6 was very very good, but the acting and writing in season 7 couldn’t be better.

Comment by Stefan – April 10, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what??… I love this show but season 6 was crap.

Comment by nacho298 – April 10, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right about season 6 being better than 7, but season 5 trumps them all. Honorable mention for 2 as well.

Comment by Armstrong – July 30, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news!!! I loved the Dexter/Hannah dynamic and it was fun how she put a wedge in the Dexter/Debra relationship…

Comment by Lubomir Raykov – April 10, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible. She ruined him.

Comment by Denny – April 10, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agree

Comment by Bill – April 10, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i completely agree. She ruined the season for me. i skipped all of her parts.

Comment by amanda – April 28, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yuck. I was never a fan of these two together at all. I don’t care if she knew the ‘real’ him or not and I liked him with Rita the best but I’d actually choose Lumen over Hannah for Dexter LOL and that says a lot…

Comment by S – April 10, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like Lumen to come back

Comment by Whatever – April 10, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too!!!! i really liked them together…

Comment by MoshiMoshi – April 10, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second this notion. Lumen is way better than Hannah.

Comment by Diva – April 10, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would expect Lumen to be back in at least 1 episode in the finale season

Comment by Jacob – April 11, 2013 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “She ruined him” is such bollocks. Everyone was so kicked when Brian came back to lead Dex astray. It didn’t bother them then that Dex was turning dark. Nor did it bother anyone when Dex killed outside the code before. Only Hanna is to be judged and condemned. Such double standards.
    I’m thrilled she’s back! MCH and Yvonne have amazing chemistry. I liked Lumen, but Dex & Lumen’s dynamic pales next to these two.

Comment by LaRay – April 10, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I decided to give this show a try upon hearing that Yvonne was going to be in it. All I can say is that I wish Yvonne got a different job.

Comment by mike – April 10, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dexter isn’t for everybody (and it’s definitely not Chuck), but Yvonne Strahovski has said she loved it and she did a pretty good job.

Comment by Emily – April 10, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah Mike, TOTALLY think Yvonne should get a different job. Ya know, NOT on one of the biggest success shows of all time like Dexter. Eww what a horrible career move being one of the most exciting characters on THE show of the last 8 years…learn something about what you’re talking about next time.

Comment by chris – April 22, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Yvonne will be Dexters last kill. Should be a good finale season.

Comment by Jacob – April 22, 2013 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will gladly have Hannah [make a cameo and have her stabbed in the] back [by Lumen, who reminds Dexter where his serial killer balls are located] and they live happily ever after.

Comment by Brian – April 10, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This.

Comment by Kirstin E. Jewell – April 10, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%

Comment by Diva – April 10, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Lumen was such a better character than Hannah.

Comment by wooster182 – April 10, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love it!!!

Comment by what! – April 10, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lumen being the angel she is for using Dexter and dumping him unceremoniously once the job was done.

Comment by LaRay – April 11, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Until we have confirmation that this is the final season of Dexter, can you change the title of the article? It’s not official and Dexter is still a big ratings pull, so it’s a bit premature to call it the final season until the network confirms.

Comment by Drake Jones – April 10, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CBS confirmed it, what more do you want?

Comment by Jacob – April 11, 2013 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was stated by the president of CAN to be it.

Comment by Bill – April 11, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was so naughty last season and this season she’s going to get some “bloody revenge” for Dexter and Deb.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – April 10, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES, Awesome. She was fantastic last year. I would have been so angry if she didn’t return. She has to be the greatest actress on tv. RIP Chuck, you will be missed. Long Live Dexter

Comment by Benjamin Lister – April 10, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OWWW YEAAAAAAh!! great news!!! SO excited Yvonne will be back on Dexter!!

Comment by onlyakb – April 10, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In previous years, Dexter sacrificed brothers, lovers, and friends who could have accepted him for who he really was, in favor of ones who couldn’t. It might be a fitting end to the show if he finally makes the opposite choice – choosing Hannah, a remorseless killer who will let him be himself, over Deb, who will always give him guff in one way or another about his murderous proclivities.

Comment by Tony Baker – April 10, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like the way you think. Guff indeed. :D

Comment by LaRay – April 11, 2013 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She so needs to play Jodi Arias in the lifetime movie-she looks just like her!

Comment by Frankie – April 11, 2013 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Either Deb’s going to kill Hannah or Dexter will. In the end Deb is the woman for Dexter and always has been. That’s my take.

Comment by Georgia Madman – April 11, 2013 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ewww, that is a boat load of NOOOOOOO!

Comment by kelly – May 3, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you know that michael c hall and Jenifer carpetenter actually got married and then divorced?

“ewwww, noooo”… even though you cannot see their undeniably great bond, everyone else can (and it goes farther than a brother/sister role – more of a husband/wife connection). do you even watch dexter enough to see that deb, going to the therapist, has even admitted to “liking” dexter in other ways (which she even admitted to in the show?). lmao.

Comment by jason – August 6, 2013 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thrilled that Yvonne is back for season 8 (she’s the reason I started watching Dexter). But… as much as I liked her in last season, I hope the writers give her a little more to work with this season.

Comment by nikk – April 11, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping that Dexter has to go on the run when he gets exposed and he & Hannah flee to Argentina

Comment by Mikael – April 11, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for Lumen to return instead of her.

Comment by Heathers – April 11, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yvonne Strahovski is an incredible actor, a little too incredible. It’s very difficult to see her as a murderous psychopath after witnessing her as the amazing Sarah Walker. However, probably the greatest move of her career.

Comment by J Robert Hanson (@jroberthanson) – April 15, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love Hannah character.. bring her back

Comment by khang – April 15, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yvonne is worth her weight in gold considering the publicity she creates for Dexter ! Even when discussing her Broadway appearance her time on Dexter got a mention. I do think Hannah’s “bad girl” image didn’t really show until the last episode of Season 7 and I’m looking forward to seeing how convincingly evil she can be in Season 8. I’m sure Yvonne will have fun doing that. At least her character has several sides unlike Lumen who I know was a favourite amongst many fans.

Comment by GROMIT35 – April 17, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yuck. dont bring hannah back. I’ll be skipping over her parts which is a bummer since I really love this show. If you have to bring her back then kill her off in the first couple episodes.

Comment by amanda – April 28, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, well I watch too and I want Hannah to stay.Yvonne is am amazing actress. Hannah is the only one for Dexter and Lumen was a user-biatch.As soon as she got her revenge she split and left Dexter alone, selfish. Hannah accepted and loved Dexter flaws and all, Deb on the other hand, can not and in the end, will not. Her guilt will be too much for her to bear and it will come back to destroy both her and Dex.In fact, I believe she will, in the end, be both thier downfalls. Here is hoping that Hannah takes matters into her own hands and at least, stops the complete downfall of Dexter( as in an arrest), before it is too late.

Comment by kelly – May 3, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Neon Disease and commented:
    Good move Dexter-writers! New seasons often like to start with a clean slate but I think its no stretch there’s unfinished business between Hannah and Dexter. Plus more Yvonne Strahovski is never a bad thing!

Comment by amycorvus – May 11, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just watched season 7 and wow the writers blew the final 1 1/2 episodes. Hopefully they make up for it this season and hopefully a couple more but I doubt it.

Comment by Jordan – May 13, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved dexter and lumen…but she did kind of just dump him after they killed the ones that hurt her…I felt so sorry for dexter…he did love her…but they made “more” of dexters love for Hannah I think. Wasn’t a big fan of Hannah though ! She tried to kill deb ! How can dexter love and trust her ?! They should have gone with lumen !

Comment by jo – May 15, 2013 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If i was dexter i would have Dumped Rita well b4 she was killed all she did was moan Dexter cared for her & all three Kids and two of them wasnt even his by blood and she still moaned even tho all she did was lie herself if i wanted to keep my flat i would have thats not her choice to make? Rita was all Me Me Meeeee. Dexter hardly got any sleep what with work the kids and the baby and Ritas needs and his kills of course. No wonder he crashed asleep at the wheel. All Rita could say was oh i,l drive you to work. NOT! you get some sleep my hard working blood stained honeybunny. selfish cow.
    Now Lumen WOW what a babe That was with out a doubt the Best Season of all the story line the plot & the romance of the Dark Passengers and the revenge on such evil scum bags (Fantastic) Emotional thrilling and sad. I will carry your Dark passenger with me allways. best season of all shows ever.
    And Hannah, nice story and romance but tryed to kill Dexters sister Debra tutt tutt but Debra just wants Dexter to herself once she realised they wernt blood related keep your knickers on for once eh Debs.
    If Debs cant have Dex she,l shop him to the feds i bet.
    But Hannah will come back and beg Dex to leave with her to Argentina.

Comment by Dexter #1 – May 18, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post