Yvonne Strahovski Returning to Dexter for Final Season; Happy Ending for Dex and Hannah?

Dexter Season 8 Casting Yvonne Strahovski ReturnsDexter is bringing Yvonne Strahovski‘s cray-cray character Hannah back for the show’s (likely) final season, TVLine has confirmed.

According to EW.com, which broke the news, the Chuck vet will appear in multiple episodes of Season 8, which premieres June 30.

VIDEO | Dexter Season 8 Promo Pays Tribute to [Spoiler], [Spoiler], [Spoiler] and…

Hannah was last seen in the Season 7 finale fleeing town after escaping from prison, but exec producer Scott Buck later told us that her return was a definite possibility.

RELATED | Dexter Season 8 Scoop: Who’s Returning — and Who’s Not!

“I don’t know that Dexter can easily move past Hannah,” the EP added. “Even though he’s had other relationships in his life, this was the only truly honest relationship he had; the only instance in which he felt he was in love with someone. Who knows, years later he might be able to move past it, but I don’t think in this upcoming season he’s prepared to.”

1. Bear75 says:

Yay! I really liked her in this and if ever there were a perfect little murderess for Dex… :)

2. Claudia says:

She was cool, although I expected something else. To tell the truth, I expected a much better season (6th was a little better in my opinion), but clearly I’m in the minority.

3. Great news!!! I loved the Dexter/Hannah dynamic and it was fun how she put a wedge in the Dexter/Debra relationship…

4. Denny says:

Terrible. She ruined him.

5. S says:

Yuck. I was never a fan of these two together at all. I don’t care if she knew the ‘real’ him or not and I liked him with Rita the best but I’d actually choose Lumen over Hannah for Dexter LOL and that says a lot…

6. Whatever says:

I would like Lumen to come back

7. LaRay says:

“She ruined him” is such bollocks. Everyone was so kicked when Brian came back to lead Dex astray. It didn’t bother them then that Dex was turning dark. Nor did it bother anyone when Dex killed outside the code before. Only Hanna is to be judged and condemned. Such double standards.
    I’m thrilled she’s back! MCH and Yvonne have amazing chemistry. I liked Lumen, but Dex & Lumen’s dynamic pales next to these two.

8. mike says:

I decided to give this show a try upon hearing that Yvonne was going to be in it. All I can say is that I wish Yvonne got a different job.

• Emily says:

Dexter isn’t for everybody (and it’s definitely not Chuck), but Yvonne Strahovski has said she loved it and she did a pretty good job.

• chris says:

Yeah Mike, TOTALLY think Yvonne should get a different job. Ya know, NOT on one of the biggest success shows of all time like Dexter. Eww what a horrible career move being one of the most exciting characters on THE show of the last 8 years…learn something about what you’re talking about next time.

9. Brian says:

I will gladly have Hannah [make a cameo and have her stabbed in the] back [by Lumen, who reminds Dexter where his serial killer balls are located] and they live happily ever after.

10. Drake Jones says:

Until we have confirmation that this is the final season of Dexter, can you change the title of the article? It’s not official and Dexter is still a big ratings pull, so it’s a bit premature to call it the final season until the network confirms.

11. She was so naughty last season and this season she’s going to get some “bloody revenge” for Dexter and Deb.

12. Benjamin Lister says:

YES YES, Awesome. She was fantastic last year. I would have been so angry if she didn’t return. She has to be the greatest actress on tv. RIP Chuck, you will be missed. Long Live Dexter

13. onlyakb says:

OWWW YEAAAAAAh!! great news!!! SO excited Yvonne will be back on Dexter!!

14. Tony Baker says:

In previous years, Dexter sacrificed brothers, lovers, and friends who could have accepted him for who he really was, in favor of ones who couldn’t. It might be a fitting end to the show if he finally makes the opposite choice – choosing Hannah, a remorseless killer who will let him be himself, over Deb, who will always give him guff in one way or another about his murderous proclivities.

15. Frankie says:

She so needs to play Jodi Arias in the lifetime movie-she looks just like her!

16. Georgia Madman says:

Either Deb’s going to kill Hannah or Dexter will. In the end Deb is the woman for Dexter and always has been. That’s my take.

• kelly says:

Ewww, that is a boat load of NOOOOOOO!

• jason says:

you know that michael c hall and Jenifer carpetenter actually got married and then divorced?

“ewwww, noooo”… even though you cannot see their undeniably great bond, everyone else can (and it goes farther than a brother/sister role – more of a husband/wife connection). do you even watch dexter enough to see that deb, going to the therapist, has even admitted to “liking” dexter in other ways (which she even admitted to in the show?). lmao.

17. nikk says:

I’m thrilled that Yvonne is back for season 8 (she’s the reason I started watching Dexter). But… as much as I liked her in last season, I hope the writers give her a little more to work with this season.

18. Mikael says:

I’m hoping that Dexter has to go on the run when he gets exposed and he & Hannah flee to Argentina

19. Heathers says:

I was hoping for Lumen to return instead of her.

20. Yvonne Strahovski is an incredible actor, a little too incredible. It’s very difficult to see her as a murderous psychopath after witnessing her as the amazing Sarah Walker. However, probably the greatest move of her career.

21. khang says:

i love Hannah character.. bring her back

22. GROMIT35 says:

Yvonne is worth her weight in gold considering the publicity she creates for Dexter ! Even when discussing her Broadway appearance her time on Dexter got a mention. I do think Hannah’s “bad girl” image didn’t really show until the last episode of Season 7 and I’m looking forward to seeing how convincingly evil she can be in Season 8. I’m sure Yvonne will have fun doing that. At least her character has several sides unlike Lumen who I know was a favourite amongst many fans.

23. amanda says:

yuck. dont bring hannah back. I’ll be skipping over her parts which is a bummer since I really love this show. If you have to bring her back then kill her off in the first couple episodes.

• kelly says:

Yeah, well I watch too and I want Hannah to stay.Yvonne is am amazing actress. Hannah is the only one for Dexter and Lumen was a user-biatch.As soon as she got her revenge she split and left Dexter alone, selfish. Hannah accepted and loved Dexter flaws and all, Deb on the other hand, can not and in the end, will not. Her guilt will be too much for her to bear and it will come back to destroy both her and Dex.In fact, I believe she will, in the end, be both thier downfalls. Here is hoping that Hannah takes matters into her own hands and at least, stops the complete downfall of Dexter( as in an arrest), before it is too late.

24. amycorvus says:

Reblogged this on Neon Disease and commented:
    Good move Dexter-writers! New seasons often like to start with a clean slate but I think its no stretch there’s unfinished business between Hannah and Dexter. Plus more Yvonne Strahovski is never a bad thing!

25. Jordan says:

Just watched season 7 and wow the writers blew the final 1 1/2 episodes. Hopefully they make up for it this season and hopefully a couple more but I doubt it.

26. jo says:

I loved dexter and lumen…but she did kind of just dump him after they killed the ones that hurt her…I felt so sorry for dexter…he did love her…but they made “more” of dexters love for Hannah I think. Wasn’t a big fan of Hannah though ! She tried to kill deb ! How can dexter love and trust her ?! They should have gone with lumen !

27. Dexter #1 says:

If i was dexter i would have Dumped Rita well b4 she was killed all she did was moan Dexter cared for her & all three Kids and two of them wasnt even his by blood and she still moaned even tho all she did was lie herself if i wanted to keep my flat i would have thats not her choice to make? Rita was all Me Me Meeeee. Dexter hardly got any sleep what with work the kids and the baby and Ritas needs and his kills of course. No wonder he crashed asleep at the wheel. All Rita could say was oh i,l drive you to work. NOT! you get some sleep my hard working blood stained honeybunny. selfish cow.
    Now Lumen WOW what a babe That was with out a doubt the Best Season of all the story line the plot & the romance of the Dark Passengers and the revenge on such evil scum bags (Fantastic) Emotional thrilling and sad. I will carry your Dark passenger with me allways. best season of all shows ever.
    And Hannah, nice story and romance but tryed to kill Dexters sister Debra tutt tutt but Debra just wants Dexter to herself once she realised they wernt blood related keep your knickers on for once eh Debs.
    If Debs cant have Dex she,l shop him to the feds i bet.
    But Hannah will come back and beg Dex to leave with her to Argentina.

28. Daniel Jossick says:

The entire series would be a waste if Hannah ends up just another phase. Besides the story, her screen presence is phenomenal. I I’ve gotten my monies worth from my DVR. Her character as a genius, killer black widow who adopting the code, and raising a son with Dexter has amazing possibilities for continued series and spin off that would not diminish from the original series, but if done right, evolved to make TV history. The real life psychology, as with Vogel, should also be kept. I would have preferred she didn’t have to go.

Don’t ruin it. You will still get ratings, because we all have to see how it ends anyway, but leaving it all disappointed after all the dedicated time spent is not a legacy you need to settle for. Watching reruns and buying series won’t happen, other than with the sound off when Hannah is on the screen.