Exclusive

Exclusive Bones Video: Booth Comes Face-to-Face With His Mom - Watch the Reunion!

bones booths mother blogNext Monday on Bones, Booth (David Boreanaz) gets the mother of all surprises when he finds an unexpected guest waiting for him in his office: His estranged mom, Marianne (played by Joanna Cassidy)!

As you can see in this exclusive video sneak peek, the initial reunion starts off awkwardly — um, they haven’t seen each other in a quarter of a century! — but ends in a mostly feel-good place.

VIDEO | Exclusive: David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel Sound Off on Weddings, Finales and Their Evolving Relationship

Make no mistake though — unresolved issues remain.

“There’s a lot of history there and a lot of things unspoken,” previews executive producer Stephen Nathan. “And a lot of things [they] are going to try to repress and sweep under the carpet, but they won’t be able to.”

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones‘ Finale, Glee‘s Harrowing Episode and More

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the mother-son reunion 24 years in the making. Bonus: Scroll down past the video player for additional images from the episode.

1. Tiny says:

ahhhhhhh

2. valleria93 says:

Can’t wait for this episode, too bad the video won’t play for me as I’m not in US :/

3. Haley says:

Once again, David made me cry like a baby. I’m excited to see the conflict and if it’s anything like the Max/Brennan situation.

4. Atlanta says:

Ouch, that was awkward.

5. May says:

Wow. I kinda teared up at Booth here. He’s has such a little boy vibe when he saw his mom. The reunion and the aftermath is going to be bitter sweet: Tense. Happy. Sad. Regret. Hurt.

6. bj says:

Looks like we can expect two wonderful performances from two great actors. Tears are sure to follow!

7. Jess says:

That was a wonderfully acted scene. Can we now watch the rest of the ep, lol. Booth seems to me always half expected to see his mother again, or at least hoped to. He has all these happy memories of her and hasnt really dealt with the not so happy memories of her and her leaving. Buried them. Until now.

8. cjeffery7 says:

very reminiscent of the beginning of this season when Brennan gets back from being on the run……

9. Pam says:

Is he the brother to Megan on Body of Proof???- LOL. Joanne Cassidy sure gets around. Nice to see more of her finally.

10. leah says:

booth has the sweetest smile.

11. SusanH says:

OK I love this scene but she can’t be Booth’s Mom and Megan’s Mom from “Body of Proof” at the same time unless they are brother & sister? Well I suppose anything is possible these days. lol Besides – Booth’s Grandfather is Gibb’s Dad on NCIS! LOL

• drhenning says:

Going back a few years, Det Rush(Cold Case) and Raylan Givens shared a father!!! I had forgotten that when I saw a CC repeat one night on TNT..

12. Sue says:

that is going to be good. can’t wait till Monday.

13. Sarah says:

Michael, just out of curiosity, why is the clip not viewable for those outside the US?

14. Miss Jupiter says:

Isn’t this woman Megan Hunt’s mother in Body of Proof?

15. Lee Antunes says:

So sweet. Can’t wait to see it. Correct if I am wrong, but doesn’t Joanna also play Dana Delany’s mother on Body of Proof?

16. Angel says:

I can’t see the video is there another way to see it I really want to

17. arial2 says:

Interesting that Booth’s mom looks a bit like an older version of Brennan. Hmmm…wonder what Sweets will make of this. lol

18. Hannah says:

I don’t remember, why hasn’t Booth seen his mom in 24 years? I remember his father was a drunk and abusive, but I don’t remember anything about her.

19. O'Brien says:

Looks AMAZING. I love that with both Booth and Brennan, on the surface, they’ve always made it about how different they are, but the show always peels the layers back to show how they’re the same. They were both orphans, in their own ways (though obviously Booth had the benefit of his grandfather), and the show is so smart about stressing how they each reacted so disperately to the same/similar stimuli, but then they’re having the same underlying feelings, and it’s kind of like the differences are the “skin” (Brennan would say, “window dressing”) for their underlying skeleton. God. So. Freaking. Good.