TVLine Items: SYTYCD's Two-Night Premiere Event, Laura Benanti Is a Royal Pain and More!

So You Think You Can Dance Season 10 PRemiere So You Think You Can Dance is boogying back to Fox in a big way this summer.

Season 10 of the network’s competition series is set to launch with a two-night event showcasing the audition rounds on both Tuesday, May 14 (8/7c) and Wednesday, May 15 (9 pm).

RELATED | Season Finales 2013 — When Are All Your Favorite Shows Ending?

Emmy nominee Cat Deeley will return to host, with Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy taking their traditional spots at the judges’ table. Guest judges this season, meanwhile, will include Minnie Driver, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Wayne Brady, Stephen “tWitch” Boss and Adam Shankman.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Laura Benanti has booked a recurring role in the upcoming season of Royal Pains (bowing June 12). Per TVGuide.com, the Go On star joins the USA Network series as the new Senior VP of the company trying to buy Hamptons Heritage Hospital.

• A slightly tweaked American Ninja Warrior is returning to television this summer. Airing original episodes weekly — first on the new Esquire Network and then on NBC — the competition series adds the NFL Network’s Akbar Gbaja Biamila and ESPN’s Jenn Brown as co-hosts alongside the returning Matt Iseman. Ninja‘s upcoming season also features a revised format, with a “win and get in” twist in which all competitors who successfully complete a city’s qualifying course will earn a spot in those finals.

VIDEO | Hannibal Season 1 Spoilers — Murderer Buries Victims to Grow Mushrooms?!

• NBC is re-airing Hannibal‘s pilot episode in Chicago Fire‘s time slot this Wednesday at 10 pm.

• HBO is planning a documentary centering on late writer/producer Nora Ephron, per The Hollywood Reporter. Titled Everything Is Copy, the project is being developed by Ephron’s son, journalist Jacob Bernstein, who will also direct and co-produce.

• Syndicated sensation Judge Judy — currently in its 17th (!) season — has been renewed through 2017.

• Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie) and Marla Sokoloff (The Practice) have been tapped to appear in Season 3 episodes of Melissa & Joey, per The Hollywood Reporter. Elizabeth will play Mel’s college roommate, while Sokoloff drops by as a potential love interest for Joe.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Richard says:

I am never happier that I have a Fast Forward button than when I see Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy.

2. JPRausch says:

But will we be deprived of a SYTYCD results show again this year?

• Maggie says:

^^THIS. I hope they saw how bummed we were not to have a results show last year. Even if it’s 30 mins, we’ll take it!!

• Mo says:

This show really needs its results show. Hour or half hour, whatever, but it NEEDS a results show. Last year’s format just did not work, FOX. And while you’re at it, get rid of Idol’s results show. They definitely don’t need it, especially not a full hour when everyone just tunes in the last 5 minutes to see who is going home.

• elr says:

I agree. We NEED a results show for SYTYCD. I never really understood why FOX took it away, when it was the best results show around.

3. Lunakit says:

YAY! SOOOoooo happy to have more SYTYCD… Please give us a results show!!!!!

4. eileen hargis says:

I love this show! Brings such incredible dancing talent to the screen. Cant wait!

5. Gordon says:

Any word on whether SYTYCD will be having a results show this year? Or will it only be airing once a week after the auditions are over (like last season)? I really missed the results shows.

6. Shaun says:

Okay,why is Chicago Fire being hosed again?1 new ep,then reruns,then few eps,wth?!Also,I’m pretty sure it’s not Ackbar as his first name….he went by KGB I believe.

7. Mel says:

Looking forward to the new SYTYCD season! It’s a really great summer show. Much better than that other overblown, overworked, DWTS. I agree with previous posters the need for a results show is imperative.

8. aleah says:

I can’t wait for sytycd to start again. so agree they need to have the results show back.

9. Star says:

Well the premier is two nights, so I’m guessing it’s on two nights a week this summer! Last year, the premier was only one night.

10. Stella says:

I’m so excited that summer has finally come around again! Warm weather and dance! What more can I ask for? FOX needs to bring back the RESULTS show again. And while they are at it, can we please have more Mia Michaels, Travis Wall, Sonya Tayeh, and Christopher Scott?!

11. Bigredfox says:

So happy to see this returning

12. Sandra Dante says:

I’m wishing my life away every year for SYTYCD to return. This is truly a wonderful show. I sit in my living room glued to the show and shed tears at some of the miraculous performances. Thank you, FOX.

13. Roz says:

So glad we didn’t have to go through weeks of yes or no! Better to start off “you’re going to Vegas!”! Love it!

14. Martie says:

Living in South Africa, where we only had 2 seasons of SYTYCD, I also “whishing my life away” for SYTYCD to return in USA every year. There are enough competitions for the singers. PLEASE, PLEASE let there be a Season 11, 12, ………100! And also: Can we please have more Travis Wall choreography!!!! The man is a genius!

15. carmen izabel esotico braga says:

quando vai começar e em qual canal a temporada de 2013?