So You Think You Can Dance is boogying back to Fox in a big way this summer.
Season 10 of the network’s competition series is set to launch with a two-night event showcasing the audition rounds on both Tuesday, May 14 (8/7c) and Wednesday, May 15 (9 pm).
Emmy nominee Cat Deeley will return to host, with Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy taking their traditional spots at the judges’ table. Guest judges this season, meanwhile, will include Minnie Driver, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Wayne Brady, Stephen “tWitch” Boss and Adam Shankman.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Laura Benanti has booked a recurring role in the upcoming season of Royal Pains (bowing June 12). Per TVGuide.com, the Go On star joins the USA Network series as the new Senior VP of the company trying to buy Hamptons Heritage Hospital.
• A slightly tweaked American Ninja Warrior is returning to television this summer. Airing original episodes weekly — first on the new Esquire Network and then on NBC — the competition series adds the NFL Network’s Akbar Gbaja Biamila and ESPN’s Jenn Brown as co-hosts alongside the returning Matt Iseman. Ninja‘s upcoming season also features a revised format, with a “win and get in” twist in which all competitors who successfully complete a city’s qualifying course will earn a spot in those finals.
• NBC is re-airing Hannibal‘s pilot episode in Chicago Fire‘s time slot this Wednesday at 10 pm.
• HBO is planning a documentary centering on late writer/producer Nora Ephron, per The Hollywood Reporter. Titled Everything Is Copy, the project is being developed by Ephron’s son, journalist Jacob Bernstein, who will also direct and co-produce.
• Syndicated sensation Judge Judy — currently in its 17th (!) season — has been renewed through 2017.
• Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie) and Marla Sokoloff (The Practice) have been tapped to appear in Season 3 episodes of Melissa & Joey, per The Hollywood Reporter. Elizabeth will play Mel’s college roommate, while Sokoloff drops by as a potential love interest for Joe.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?