Ratings: Mad Men Returns Down Slightly

Mad Men Season 6 RatingsMad Men can still draw a crowd, albeit a slightly smaller one.

Despite earning mixed reviews from viewers, Sunday’s super-sized Season 6 premiere attracted a solid 3.4 million viewers — down a smidge from the 3.5 million that tuned in for Season 5’s opener last year.

RELATED | Mad Men Season Premiere Recap: Don, Ho

AMC points out that the episode was up 29 percent when compared to Season 5’s overall average audience of 2.6 million viewers.

1. UCONN_Fan says:

On the west coast, they showed it three times in a row. Do the numbers only record the first showing of it? It was on at 6pm first in CA.

2. Thilia says:

We tuned out here after Cox Communications kept having feed issues. Called their Customer Service to see what we could do, they rambled on about feed issues and nothing they could do. We’re out in the Phoenix Metro area…

• Britta Unfiltered says:

I’m on Comcast in the Salt Lake area, and I was having a few problems myself. Some parts in the beginning looked a little scrambled and it seemed to jump a bit.

3. Britta Unfiltered says:

I wonder if the CMAs affected the numbers at all. It seems like most people I knew on Facebook were all into the CMAs last night. However, I don’t really think the Mad Men and CMA audiences would really cross over that much. I bet Game of Thrones sure played a factor in lower ratings for Mad Men though.

4. A says:

What about Smash’s ratings from Saturday?

5. anna says:

Mad Men has been on air for 6 years now. The audience isn’t going to grow anymore.

• dvikib says:

It at least grew by one! I started watching Mad Men on-demand last summer after season 5
      ended and got hooked. Last night was my first live viewing.