Exclusive Go On Video: Ryan's Stages of Grief Include Denial, Anger and... Breakfast Foods?!

This Thursday’s Go On season finale (NBC, 9:30/8:30c) finds Ryan (still) struggling to move on after his wife’s death — so much so that he’s enlisted the help of a certain breakfast staple to avoid a very important part of the grieving process.

In the following exclusive first look, it’s revealed that Ryan lied to the gang about spreading Janie’s ashes. The actual story: Matthew Perry‘s widower sprinkled some Bisquick pancake mix in lieu of his wife’s remains because he simply couldn’t let go just yet.

RELATED | 2013 TV Shows — Renewed or Cancelled?

Press PLAY below to watch the bleak-sounding-but-incredibly-funny moment, then hit the comments: Are you hoping Go On gets to go on for another season?

1. Cameron says:

Go On’s really blossomed as it’s gone on, to the point where it might be NBC’s best sitcom at the moment. I’m definitely hoping for a season 2…

• Guy says:

Ditto. I love how much they’ve actually defined every character in one season. It feels like I’ve known them for such a long time, that I know exactly how they will react in a given situation. And the callbacks are setup as if they’re a few seasons in. I mean, they even mention 1:23AM here!

2. Shibby says:

I *adore* this show and Matthew Perry. Finally a comedy that got him back on TV and kept him there. If it doesn’t get renewed a little part of me is going to die inside.

3. Mike says:

I’m still not happy what they did to Carrie last week, but still looking forward to the finale, I hope we get a season 2

4. Andy says:

This group needs to go on for a second season.

5. Drizz says:

Have to agree, this is a great show, and a well fleshed-out ensemble. I enjoy all the characters, NBC needs to let this show continue to grow and build an audience, it’s taken effort to build a cast this good. DON’T WASTE IT, NBC!

6. rafae says:

This is my favourite show after friends, and it DESERVES 20 seasons!!!
    It deserves to get re-newed!!!
    Nbc, you’re gonna dissapoint alot of people if you don’t renew it :(

7. valeeng says:

I agree, Go On deserves a 2nd season! It’s my favorite comedy and so good to see Matthew Perry back on my TV. Each character is loveable in his/her own way and it would be a shame if we didn’t get to see them all grow for many more seasons.

8. Tom Mc says:

If they could keep bringing Community back, they can bring this one back.

9. maria gaia says:

I cant live without my weekly Go On fix! Season 21!!!

10. Angie says:

I do not watch tv much except for real shows like the first 48 or forensic files but I made sure to dvr GO ON!!!! its the first sitcom I’ve watched and actually enjoyed an looked forward to weekly. I kept searching for it thinking it was still on an didn’t realize it was canceled till I Googled it just now!! cummon nbc!!!! this is what your viewers want to see!!! bring it back!! us, “GoOnAholocics” need our weekly fix!! very dissatisfied!! :-(