Exclusive Go On Video: Ryan's Stages of Grief Include Denial, Anger and… Breakfast Foods?!

This Thursday’s Go On season finale (NBC, 9:30/8:30c) finds Ryan (still) struggling to move on after his wife’s death — so much so that he’s enlisted the help of a certain breakfast staple to avoid a very important part of the grieving process.

In the following exclusive first look, it’s revealed that Ryan lied to the gang about spreading Janie’s ashes. The actual story: Matthew Perry‘s widower sprinkled some Bisquick pancake mix in lieu of his wife’s remains because he simply couldn’t let go just yet.

RELATED | 2013 TV Shows — Renewed or Cancelled?

Press PLAY below to watch the bleak-sounding-but-incredibly-funny moment, then hit the comments: Are you hoping Go On gets to go on for another season?

Tags: ,

Comments (12)

• Go On’s really blossomed as it’s gone on, to the point where it might be NBC’s best sitcom at the moment. I’m definitely hoping for a season 2…

Comment by Cameron – April 8, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. I love how much they’ve actually defined every character in one season. It feels like I’ve known them for such a long time, that I know exactly how they will react in a given situation. And the callbacks are setup as if they’re a few seasons in. I mean, they even mention 1:23AM here!

Comment by Guy – April 8, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I *adore* this show and Matthew Perry. Finally a comedy that got him back on TV and kept him there. If it doesn’t get renewed a little part of me is going to die inside.

Comment by Shibby – April 8, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still not happy what they did to Carrie last week, but still looking forward to the finale, I hope we get a season 2

Comment by Mike – April 8, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This group needs to go on for a second season.

Comment by Andy – April 8, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Let’s “Go On” with a Season 25, NBC. My favorite new comedy this season.

Comment by Ali – April 8, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have to agree, this is a great show, and a well fleshed-out ensemble. I enjoy all the characters, NBC needs to let this show continue to grow and build an audience, it’s taken effort to build a cast this good. DON’T WASTE IT, NBC!

Comment by Drizz – April 8, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is my favourite show after friends, and it DESERVES 20 seasons!!!
    It deserves to get re-newed!!!
    Nbc, you’re gonna dissapoint alot of people if you don’t renew it :(

Comment by rafae – April 9, 2013 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, Go On deserves a 2nd season! It’s my favorite comedy and so good to see Matthew Perry back on my TV. Each character is loveable in his/her own way and it would be a shame if we didn’t get to see them all grow for many more seasons.

Comment by valeeng – April 11, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they could keep bringing Community back, they can bring this one back.

Comment by Tom Mc – April 11, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant live without my weekly Go On fix! Season 21!!!

Comment by maria gaia – April 26, 2013 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not watch tv much except for real shows like the first 48 or forensic files but I made sure to dvr GO ON!!!! its the first sitcom I’ve watched and actually enjoyed an looked forward to weekly. I kept searching for it thinking it was still on an didn’t realize it was canceled till I Googled it just now!! cummon nbc!!!! this is what your viewers want to see!!! bring it back!! us, “GoOnAholocics” need our weekly fix!! very dissatisfied!! :-(

Comment by Angie – May 31, 2013 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post