Ratings: Happy Endings Rises, Grimm Ticks Up, Nikita Dips, Vegas Soft in Friday Debut

ELISHA CUTHBERTHappy Endings has something to smile about this week, rising in the ratings versus its Friday time slot debut.

With 3.3 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, the ABC sitcom’s first Friday episode was up 11 percent and two tenths week-to-week, while its second half-hour (2.7 mil/1.0) saw gains of 18 and 43 percent.

RELATED | Happy Endings May Jump to USA Network If ABC Cancels Cult Fave

Leading out of that, Shark Tank (6.8 mil/2.1) was up 9 and 17 percent, netting the nights best demo rating.

Undercover Boss opened CBS’ night with a time slot-dominating 8.5 mil and 1.6, but the older-skewing Vegas only retained 7.6 mil/0.9 of that in its Friday premiere, down 20 and 25 percent from the CSI: NY finale (9.5 mil/1.2) and down even more in the demo from its last Tuesday outing (9.5 mil/1.5). Blue Bloods nonetheless managed to build back up to 10.8 mil/1.4, on par with its last fresh outing.

RELATED | Nikita Star Discusses the Shocking Twist and Why ‘Division Will Never be the Same’

The CW’s Nikita (1.26 mil/0.3) ticked down a tenth, while Cult (590K/0.2) gained a tenth… NBC’s Fashion Star (2.6 mil/0.6) dipped 9 percent and a tenth, Grimm (5 mil/1.5) ticked up a tenth… and Fox’s Touch (2.4 mil/0.6) was up a tenth.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Eric says:

Yes! So happy for Happy Endings! I’m not sure this will be enough to save it, but I’m hoping its at least a start!

• Brandy says:

If ABC doesn’t renew it maybe USA will pick it up. I bet they wouldn’t move it to three different time slots in one season, and really would promote it.

2. D'Arcy says:

Hopefully this shows USA that the show has a good audience. Pick it up!

3. Kresh says:

cult’s ratings are horriblee wow, good thing that I didn’t continue to watch the show after the second episode ^^

4. angry bird says:

I hate that people dont watch Nikita. Shame on all of you,

• luli says:

Me too! Yesterdays episode was probably one of the best!! Seriously why people don’t watch it? The show is amazing!

• Mark says:

I would have watched it had the show cast a different lead actress. Maggie Q is so manly looking that I can’t buy her as attractive.

• I know, it’s really frustrating. I honestly think it’s the CW stigma that makes people stay away from it, which is ironic, since it’s as un-CW-like as you can get. Besides, who doesn’t like a fast-paced action show full of huge fight scenes, plot twists and excitement? It baffles me that Nikita’s Nielsen numbers are so low.

• Chris says:

Stinkita sucks! Chiding people for not watching this dud is ridiculous.

5. megs says:

Yay happy endings!! “Suh cyuhte”

6. rebecca says:

Good news for Happy Endings :)

7. Katrin says:

What about Touch?

8. shuayb says:

But it was good ep of nikita. Seriously don’t know why the cw doesn’t promote this more.

9. Brandon says:

Amahhhzing!

10. David4 says:

Yeah! Good new for HE that its ratings went up to half of what it replaced ratings were! I’m sure ABC won’t can it now.

*sarcasm*

11. sdexta says:

Yay for Happy Endings!! :D

12. dude says:

Happy Endings needs to go to Usa they might actually promote it during the week

13. Fabe says:

Yay Happy Endings! Amahzing!

14. Big Mike says:

This’ll probably be the nail in Vegas’ coffin. Too bad, its a good show.

15. ollie says:

boo about nikita

16. lori says:

Grimm rocks

17. Tenney says:

I just love Grimm but I really hate the whole Juliette storyline. I don’t see the chemistry with her and Nick at all. I wish the Juliette character would just go away.

• prish says:

The writers and the director have to let her make a commitment to Nick. I assume she is going to develop an awesome ability to bridge this futzing around.

• prish says:

Maybe the guys see it, differently. My husband keeps saying he wants the soap opera to end and have her be back with Nick, again. Somehow, he was enjoying their relationship, before. I guess guys don’t need nuance!

• Bill says:

Agreed, time to end it

• canadian ninja says:

It’s just the amnesia thing has been going on for so long and literally after she drank Nick’s blood (heheh) it’s been three eps of black pits and green Nick. Still loving the show but it feels like they are pacing it to not get fixed until the finale.

• Jackson says:

I think this was an attempt for the writers to give the actress something more to do than just stand around and occasionally make dinner. They thought up the storyline to give her more screen time and add some “drama” to the relationship. I’m guessing that they will drag it out to the end of the season where she will eventually get all her memory back. Then, once she learns about the Grimm she will want to join the gang and help out.

• Mikael says:

I’m ready for Juliet to just get her memory back and move on. I’m assuming she’ll learn the truth in finale and want nothing to do with him. Then she’ll come back sometime next season after processing everything and want him back. I think Nick has more chemistry with Adalind than he does with Juliet, so I wouldn’t be sad to see her go.

18. Lisa says:

Please don’t cancel NIKiTA. It’s an amazing show with a stellar cast. Each episode is better than the last.

19. I want Nikita to tick up not down!

20. prish says:

My household is a huge Vegas fan! Keep Vegas, CBS. You will not be disappointed. The young demo needs time to become acquainted with the 60′s. They will love it, just give them more time to pick up on the mood. Word of mouth will win out, I guarantee. These kids will fall in love with the 60′s after a lifetime of rap, etc. Keep the faith, baby!

• Elyse says:

I’m 23 and I love Vegas!!!! it’s an awesome show. I’m not sure why the ratings aren’t better but it deserves a second season!

21. chreees! says:

Cbs is determined to kill Vegas.This show deserves a better fate. No promo’s for the move. I think Jason O’ Mara is cursed, Such a good actor but can’t get a show to last.

22. chreees! says:

Nikita is better then most on the big networks but gets no love. I think it actually is still around because of it being on cw!

23. Chris says:

LOL at the posters who think Happy Endings actually did well. It did not. It just did marginally less crappily than it did the previous week. Its numbers are not just in the toilet–they’ve been flushed and processed at waste management.

24. Hi, thanks for sharing