Ratings: Happy Endings Rises, Grimm Ticks Up, Nikita Dips, Vegas Soft in Friday Debut

Get More: News, Premieres, Ratings

ELISHA CUTHBERTHappy Endings has something to smile about this week, rising in the ratings versus its Friday time slot debut.

With 3.3 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, the ABC sitcom’s first Friday episode was up 11 percent and two tenths week-to-week, while its second half-hour (2.7 mil/1.0) saw gains of 18 and 43 percent.

RELATED | Happy Endings May Jump to USA Network If ABC Cancels Cult Fave

Leading out of that, Shark Tank (6.8 mil/2.1) was up 9 and 17 percent, netting the nights best demo rating.

Undercover Boss opened CBS’ night with a time slot-dominating 8.5 mil and 1.6, but the older-skewing Vegas only retained 7.6 mil/0.9 of that in its Friday premiere, down 20 and 25 percent from the CSI: NY finale (9.5 mil/1.2) and down even more in the demo from its last Tuesday outing (9.5 mil/1.5). Blue Bloods nonetheless managed to build back up to 10.8 mil/1.4, on par with its last fresh outing.

RELATED | Nikita Star Discusses the Shocking Twist and Why ‘Division Will Never be the Same’

The CW’s Nikita (1.26 mil/0.3) ticked down a tenth, while Cult (590K/0.2) gained a tenth… NBC’s Fashion Star (2.6 mil/0.6) dipped 9 percent and a tenth, Grimm (5 mil/1.5) ticked up a tenth… and Fox’s Touch (2.4 mil/0.6) was up a tenth.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Tags: ,

Comments (40)

• Yes! So happy for Happy Endings! I’m not sure this will be enough to save it, but I’m hoping its at least a start!

Comment by Eric – April 6, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If ABC doesn’t renew it maybe USA will pick it up. I bet they wouldn’t move it to three different time slots in one season, and really would promote it.

Comment by Brandy – April 6, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully this shows USA that the show has a good audience. Pick it up!

Comment by D'Arcy – April 6, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cult’s ratings are horriblee wow, good thing that I didn’t continue to watch the show after the second episode ^^

Comment by Kresh – April 6, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate that people dont watch Nikita. Shame on all of you,

Comment by angry bird – April 6, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Yesterdays episode was probably one of the best!! Seriously why people don’t watch it? The show is amazing!

Comment by luli – April 6, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would have watched it had the show cast a different lead actress. Maggie Q is so manly looking that I can’t buy her as attractive.

Comment by Mark – April 6, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, it’s really frustrating. I honestly think it’s the CW stigma that makes people stay away from it, which is ironic, since it’s as un-CW-like as you can get. Besides, who doesn’t like a fast-paced action show full of huge fight scenes, plot twists and excitement? It baffles me that Nikita’s Nielsen numbers are so low.

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – April 7, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stinkita sucks! Chiding people for not watching this dud is ridiculous.

Comment by Chris – April 7, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay happy endings!! “Suh cyuhte”

Comment by megs – April 6, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news for Happy Endings :)

Comment by rebecca – April 6, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Touch?

Comment by Katrin – April 6, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Added!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 6, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But it was good ep of nikita. Seriously don’t know why the cw doesn’t promote this more.

Comment by shuayb – April 6, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amahhhzing!

Comment by Brandon – April 6, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah! Good new for HE that its ratings went up to half of what it replaced ratings were! I’m sure ABC won’t can it now.

*sarcasm*

Comment by David4 – April 6, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hilarious!

NOT!!!!!

Comment by really? – April 6, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m a fan of the show, but I’m not dilusiinal.

Comment by Midori4 – April 6, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Happy Endings!! :D

Comment by sdexta – April 6, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings needs to go to Usa they might actually promote it during the week

Comment by dude – April 6, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I see happy endings commercials all the time on ABC.

Comment by Elyse – April 6, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Happy Endings! Amahzing!

Comment by Fabe – April 6, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This’ll probably be the nail in Vegas’ coffin. Too bad, its a good show.

Comment by Big Mike – April 6, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • boo about nikita

Comment by ollie – April 6, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm rocks

Comment by lori – April 6, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just love Grimm but I really hate the whole Juliette storyline. I don’t see the chemistry with her and Nick at all. I wish the Juliette character would just go away.

Comment by Tenney – April 6, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The writers and the director have to let her make a commitment to Nick. I assume she is going to develop an awesome ability to bridge this futzing around.

Comment by prish – April 6, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe the guys see it, differently. My husband keeps saying he wants the soap opera to end and have her be back with Nick, again. Somehow, he was enjoying their relationship, before. I guess guys don’t need nuance!

Comment by prish – April 6, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, time to end it

Comment by Bill – April 6, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s just the amnesia thing has been going on for so long and literally after she drank Nick’s blood (heheh) it’s been three eps of black pits and green Nick. Still loving the show but it feels like they are pacing it to not get fixed until the finale.

Comment by canadian ninja – April 7, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think this was an attempt for the writers to give the actress something more to do than just stand around and occasionally make dinner. They thought up the storyline to give her more screen time and add some “drama” to the relationship. I’m guessing that they will drag it out to the end of the season where she will eventually get all her memory back. Then, once she learns about the Grimm she will want to join the gang and help out.

Comment by Jackson – April 7, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m ready for Juliet to just get her memory back and move on. I’m assuming she’ll learn the truth in finale and want nothing to do with him. Then she’ll come back sometime next season after processing everything and want him back. I think Nick has more chemistry with Adalind than he does with Juliet, so I wouldn’t be sad to see her go.

Comment by Mikael – April 9, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t cancel NIKiTA. It’s an amazing show with a stellar cast. Each episode is better than the last.

Comment by Lisa – April 6, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Nikita to tick up not down!

Comment by Jess (@CrashandBurn9) – April 6, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My household is a huge Vegas fan! Keep Vegas, CBS. You will not be disappointed. The young demo needs time to become acquainted with the 60′s. They will love it, just give them more time to pick up on the mood. Word of mouth will win out, I guarantee. These kids will fall in love with the 60′s after a lifetime of rap, etc. Keep the faith, baby!

Comment by prish – April 6, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m 23 and I love Vegas!!!! it’s an awesome show. I’m not sure why the ratings aren’t better but it deserves a second season!

Comment by Elyse – April 7, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cbs is determined to kill Vegas.This show deserves a better fate. No promo’s for the move. I think Jason O’ Mara is cursed, Such a good actor but can’t get a show to last.

Comment by chreees! – April 7, 2013 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is better then most on the big networks but gets no love. I think it actually is still around because of it being on cw!

Comment by chreees! – April 7, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL at the posters who think Happy Endings actually did well. It did not. It just did marginally less crappily than it did the previous week. Its numbers are not just in the toilet–they’ve been flushed and processed at waste management.

Comment by Chris – April 7, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post