Exclusive First Look: Paget Brewster Gets Pulled Into a Modern Family Feud

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Next week on ABC’s Modern Family (Wednesdays at 8/7c), Gloria’s ex, Javier, pays a visit — with his new girlfriend, played by Criminal Minds vet Paget Brewster, in tow. And TVLine has a first look at the not-so-warm welcome that Trish gets.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Season and Series Finales!

In this exclusive clip from the episode, Jay asks Trish, an art expert, for her opinion on a piece he acquired from “a gallery in one of the finer Vegas casinos.” Longtime viewers of the ABC comedy who recognize the item in question should also recall what Gloria thought about it back during Season 1. And sure enough, she barks her strong opinion again, while Trish and Javier (returning guest star Benjamin Bratt) argue for the piece’s merits.

Brewster this pilot season booked a role on ABC’s adaptation of the British comedy Spy, playing ex-wife to Rob Corddry’s titular character. At the start of this TV season, she guested on Law & Order: SVU — which also aired opposite Criminal Minds.

Loading video...

Comments (17)

• Paget! Cannot WAIT to see this episode! We need Paget Brewster back on our TVs!

Comment by Birdie – April 5, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I miss her on Criminal Minds, she is very funny.

Comment by Steven – April 5, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is it that every time I see Paget Brewster’s name I think of Punky Brewster? Am I the only one this happens to?? – LOL.

So exciting to have Benjamin Bratt on MF again.

Comment by Viviana – April 5, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha, no, I think the same thing :D.
      May have to make a reminder to check out this episode.

Comment by Angela – April 5, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol, same here! You are not alone, my friend! :) lol :)

Comment by Briane – April 23, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for a reappearance of dog butler!

Comment by Shannon – April 5, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good stuff, now if only Paget could make a reappearance on Criminal Minds…

Comment by Saint Alicia – April 5, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks great! Paget Brewster looks so cute in glasses.

Comment by Calanthe – April 5, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The powers that be on CM should get on their knees and BEG Paget to come back. The new girl isn’t working out! And they need to tone down the violence and gore a tad.

Comment by GMom100 – April 5, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Paget!! Can’t wait for this episode! (and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that her pilot get’s picked up.)

Comment by MJ – April 5, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for this episode. Paget is absolutly great in comedy. As much as I loved her on Criminal Minds, I could’t help but feel her true talent was being wasted.

Comment by Jackson – April 5, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see this episode, I miss her on CM.

Comment by kenya – April 5, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Paget! Excited to see her on Modern Family this coming week! I want her new show to be good and get picked up but even if. It doesn’t, I don’t see her returning to Criminal Minds. As much as I would love her to, I think that ship has sailed. Maybe Morgan and Emily can still have their long distance love off screen. :-)

Comment by Julie – April 5, 2013 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she was well appreciated by fans on CM but those of us who’ve seen her comedy, be it on previous TV shows or live (which is not to be missed), know how funny she is. Can’t wait for more!

Comment by 49ergirl – April 5, 2013 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss her so much! I stopped watching Criminal Minds when she left (I blame CBS in the first place) and I can’t wait to see this MF episode. Fingers crosssed for her pilot.

Comment by Silvinha (@love_sil) – April 6, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post