Fangtastic First Look: The Vampire Diaries Takes The Originals to New Orleans

The Vampire Diaries sends its First Family to New Orleans on April 25 (The CW, 8/7c) and we’ve got a sneak peek at the potential Originals offshoot.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

In the “planted” spin-off, Klaus heads to the Big Easy after learning that there is a plot brewing against him there. He’s accompanied by siblings Elijah (who finds out Hayley’s in town searching for clues about her family history) and Rebekah.

Also spotted in the photos below are fresh faces Marcel (The Game‘s Charles Michael Davis), Klaus’ diabolical former protégé who now controls New Orleans, and witch Sophie (Daniella Pineda), aka Hayley’s captor.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Grrrrp says:

…These pictures have been out for a while now?

• B says:

Welcome to TV Line. My favorite is when an episode is about to air and they post some sneak peak the day before it airs but what they’re linking to is just the teaser that played after last week’s episode and has this been out for like six days.

• Whitney says:

Welcome to the internet, where you have the power to choose! For instance, if you have issues with a website you can choose note to patronize it. Or you could choose to spend your time complaining in the comments section. That helps.

2. Elyse says:

I’m really excited for the Originals spin off. I’m sure it’ll get picked up to series since TVD is such a hit. I hope it’s as good as the early seasons of TVD!!!

3. Fabe says:

So Hayley is being held captive then? That’s new info.

4. Rob says:

No1curr about Haley tho.

• iMember says:

But any reason for Phoebe Tonkin to have more screen time is always a gift. I’m sure that as a series regular on The Originals spin-off her character will have more of a chance to be fleshed out so we will be able to care then.

• luli says:

Phoebe and Claire on the same screen again will be amazing!!!! I’m so excited even tho I really don’t want them to give them a spinoff…

• bklyngirl says:

You need to learn how to spell, dumbass. Hayley has fans, all due to Phoebe’s fanbase.

5. mac says:

Elijah ? I’m sold

6. Amanda says:

Thank god they actually took the time to film New Orleans vs last time this season where they made Atlanta try to look like the French Quarter and mispronounced a bunch of street names.

7. Jess says:

I wish Haley wasn’t a part of the spin-off!

8. Amber says:

Can’t this captor kill Hayley?? Seriously, these writers are wanting to kill this series before it even begins by bringing this highly unpopular character on.

9. M3rc Nate says:

Im excited about the spin off for two reason. The “Originals” is one of my favorite origin stories of vampires/werewolves/witches iv seen in all of media. And the actors/actress who play the Originals are fantastic.

I wish like Arrow, they would have flash backs in almost every episode of “The Originals” which would show the experiences of the Originals (together or separated) through out all the years they lived from being human to vampire to the present.

10. kavyn says:

So does that mean after this episode Klaus and co. won’t be filming episodes of TVD any more? I imagine if they’re travelling to New Orleans that means they won’t be coming back.

Or is this the finale episode?

11. luli says:

I want Rebekah to stay in TVD, she is my favorite character and I’m not convinced 100 % about this spinoff…

• Julie says:

I wanted her to stay too and be with Stefan. But I knew that wasn’t going to happen.

• Gerald says:

Never say never. I love Rebekah too. Think she would be good for Stefan. I hope the originals spin off doesn’t happen, it will split the stories and writers and Vampire Diaries will suffer. If it does happen I probably won’t watch. Klaus is the worst character.
        Of course I will watch the Apr 25th episode to see how it relates to TVD. I hope they don’t use those ratings to justify the spin off. That is just the TVD followers watching TVD.

12. lonestarjrs says:

Everything seems great… except the Hailey… all the involved are good actors and the actress playing the character is typical cw acting school…. I can imagine her impacting a scene only bringing it down.. the originals should bee the cw stray from teen drama right? I mean with Joseph Morgan as a lead they really have a hit

• iMember says:

Um…did you just call Phoebe Tonkin’s a typical “CW” actress. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, no! Her character hasn’t been given that much to do or for her to work with yet in TVD. She hasn’t been given much depth. Phoebe Tonkin is a phenominal actress.

13. Tee says:

Excited about everything but Hayley. I wasn’t crazy about her on Secret Circle, and same here. Not sure if it’s her acting, the characters she’s playing, or what.

14. Julia says:

I wish Katherine could join Elijah

15. Funnily the originals are some of my favorite characters in the series, but thats because of there interactions with the main characters of TVD, Love Klaus with Caroline and Stefan, Love Rebekah with all of them and Elijah makes Elena bearable. So with them gone TVD is guna feel empty. I also dont understand the importance of Haley being there other than they really like the actress, its just like theve planted her in there. I hope that the pilot doesnt happen just because none of it really makes any sense, also the originals are great supporting characters not main ones!

16. M says:

God Elijah is pretty in a nice suit.

17. monta267 says:

I love Phoebe Tonkin, I really liked her as Fay on TSC but so far on TVD her character has really got my interest, I hope that her character gets a chance to develop on The Originals!!!

18. Janie says:

I wish they wouldn’t split into 2 stories. I don’t want the TVD storyline to suffer. We must have Damon!!!