Exclusive New Girl First Look: Jess and Nick's Unofficial First Date Takes a 'Fancy' Turn

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

New Girl‘s Nick and Jess are about to embark on their very first date. There’s just one little problem: only one of them knows it!

As the following exclusive first look reveals, the next episode of Fox’s hit comedy — airing on a special night, this Thursday at 9/8c — finds the not-yet-lovebirds hitting the town for a night out. Nick, however, refuses to confirm that their rendezvous is in fact a D-word.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2013: Deaths, Departures, Weddings and More!

What’s more, Dermot Mulroney‘s “Fancyman” Russell just so happens to be on his own date at the same restaurant, making things supremely awkward for his ex and his not-so-secret admirer.

Press PLAY below for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at Thursday’s installment, then hit the comments: Is Nick and Jess’ first date everything you’d hoped it would be?

Comments (29)

• This content is currently unavailable! :(

Comment by Archie – April 3, 2013 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t watch the video :(

Comment by javi – April 3, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see the video!…

Comment by Outsider – April 3, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was able to see the video and it was so funny. Hope it becomes available for everyone to view very soon. :)

Comment by Shannon – April 3, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Nick/Jess relationship is ruining this show for me.

Comment by Jason – April 3, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thats too bad – i think its made the show even more amazing – more character depth and interesting storylines, also made it more f-ing funny whilst being sweet :)

Comment by nicky – April 3, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, there were so many ways they could’ve ruined it, but I feel like the writers have done an amazing job transitioning their relationship.

Comment by Erin – April 3, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too. I think leaving two characters with obvious chemistry in limbo for too long in an attempt to keep viewers coming back has actually ruined a lot of shows. Only a few really trepidatious people, especially single people, in real life would flirt around such obvious tension for two years before acting on it.

Comment by Ashley Mott – April 3, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are so adorable .. How can you not like them?
      I think that this relationship between them made the show more interesting :)

Comment by Pinar – April 3, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Nick/Jess coupling is making the show a million times better. The show is now more exciting! I literary can’t miss a single episode. It’s the best written and acted romance on television!

Comment by Amy – April 3, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can somebody please describe what’s happening in the clip for all those unlucky guys who don’t live in the US? much appreciated!!

Comment by Chrissi (@C_hrissi) – April 3, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well there’s a whole article above it for one

Comment by B – April 3, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really??? yeah not what i meant but it’s whatever. the clip is probably one from the sneaks so nothing new

Comment by Chrissi (@C_hrissi) – April 3, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The actor who plays Nick is laying out the scene for us and how Nick asks her on a date, but doesn’t tell her that so she thinks they are just hanging out as friends. Then they cut to her ex who is on a date. Little snippets of conversatios which have not been in the promos. Then the actor is talking about filming the scene on location. Not much

Comment by Jen – April 3, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CANT WAIT!!!!!!! .I love these two so much!

Comment by Anna47 – April 3, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I live in the US and I can’t see the video — It looks like an image to me with no “play” button. Can it be fixed?

Comment by Claire – April 3, 2013 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for this one! I love Nick and Jess.

Comment by SCATTEREDSOUL – April 3, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t see it!

Comment by Prue – April 3, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love this show and the Nick/Jess love story is so perfect.

Comment by J – April 3, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show on TV. Period. They are adorable and believable.

Comment by Annie – April 3, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the Nick and Jess relationship! Thank you, writers, for their amazing storyline. All the episodes are now more exciting and fun. I can’t wait to see Nick and Jess finally get together! Jake and Zooey have such great chemistry! That’s rare these days! Perfect chemistry with those two!

Comment by Amy – April 3, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh God I can’t wait I hate the weeks where no new episodes air.

Comment by Amelia – April 3, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad the video’s working now!! (I’m not from the US, so that means… it doesn’t have restrictions! YAY!)

Comment by Javi :) (@javit4) – April 3, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm….I bailed out on this show four episodes into season 2. I didn’t find it funny anymore.

Comment by Carina – April 4, 2013 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should watch the rest of the episodes. The season started a little slow but then it kept getting better and better every week :)

Comment by Javi :) (@javit4) – April 4, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhhh . . . what did they write? Torture

Comment by Scarlett – April 4, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s so many ways & story lines they can come up with once they hook the two up…like picking up on that episode where his mother tells him he picked a keeper…We love this show and now have one of our grown kids popping over to watch it with us. Agree with the comment above, it is a believable storyline they have going on.

Comment by Dee – April 4, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post