Exclusive

Exclusive New Girl First Look: Jess and Nick's Unofficial First Date Takes a 'Fancy' Turn

New Girl‘s Nick and Jess are about to embark on their very first date. There’s just one little problem: only one of them knows it!

As the following exclusive first look reveals, the next episode of Fox’s hit comedy — airing on a special night, this Thursday at 9/8c — finds the not-yet-lovebirds hitting the town for a night out. Nick, however, refuses to confirm that their rendezvous is in fact a D-word.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2013: Deaths, Departures, Weddings and More!

What’s more, Dermot Mulroney‘s “Fancyman” Russell just so happens to be on his own date at the same restaurant, making things supremely awkward for his ex and his not-so-secret admirer.

Press PLAY below for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at Thursday’s installment, then hit the comments: Is Nick and Jess’ first date everything you’d hoped it would be?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Video

1. Archie says:

This content is currently unavailable! :(

2. javi says:

I can’t watch the video :(

3. Outsider says:

Would love to see the video!…

4. Shannon says:

I was able to see the video and it was so funny. Hope it becomes available for everyone to view very soon. :)

5. Jason says:

The Nick/Jess relationship is ruining this show for me.

• nicky says:

thats too bad – i think its made the show even more amazing – more character depth and interesting storylines, also made it more f-ing funny whilst being sweet :)

• Erin says:

I agree, there were so many ways they could’ve ruined it, but I feel like the writers have done an amazing job transitioning their relationship.

• Ashley Mott says:

Me too. I think leaving two characters with obvious chemistry in limbo for too long in an attempt to keep viewers coming back has actually ruined a lot of shows. Only a few really trepidatious people, especially single people, in real life would flirt around such obvious tension for two years before acting on it.

• Pinar says:

They are so adorable .. How can you not like them?
      I think that this relationship between them made the show more interesting :)

• Amy says:

The Nick/Jess coupling is making the show a million times better. The show is now more exciting! I literary can’t miss a single episode. It’s the best written and acted romance on television!

6. can somebody please describe what’s happening in the clip for all those unlucky guys who don’t live in the US? much appreciated!!

7. really??? yeah not what i meant but it’s whatever. the clip is probably one from the sneaks so nothing new

• Jen says:

The actor who plays Nick is laying out the scene for us and how Nick asks her on a date, but doesn’t tell her that so she thinks they are just hanging out as friends. Then they cut to her ex who is on a date. Little snippets of conversatios which have not been in the promos. Then the actor is talking about filming the scene on location. Not much

8. Anna47 says:

CANT WAIT!!!!!!! .I love these two so much!

9. Claire says:

I live in the US and I can’t see the video — It looks like an image to me with no “play” button. Can it be fixed?

10. SCATTEREDSOUL says:

I can’t wait for this one! I love Nick and Jess.

11. Prue says:

Can’t see it!

12. J says:

I absolutely love this show and the Nick/Jess love story is so perfect.

13. Annie says:

Best show on TV. Period. They are adorable and believable.

14. Amy says:

I love the Nick and Jess relationship! Thank you, writers, for their amazing storyline. All the episodes are now more exciting and fun. I can’t wait to see Nick and Jess finally get together! Jake and Zooey have such great chemistry! That’s rare these days! Perfect chemistry with those two!

15. Amelia says:

Oh God I can’t wait I hate the weeks where no new episodes air.

16. So glad the video’s working now!! (I’m not from the US, so that means… it doesn’t have restrictions! YAY!)

17. Carina says:

Hmmm….I bailed out on this show four episodes into season 2. I didn’t find it funny anymore.

18. Scarlett says:

Ahhhh . . . what did they write? Torture

19. Dee says:

There’s so many ways & story lines they can come up with once they hook the two up…like picking up on that episode where his mother tells him he picked a keeper…We love this show and now have one of our grown kids popping over to watch it with us. Agree with the comment above, it is a believable storyline they have going on.