Pilot News: Nasim Pedrad Joins NBC's Lorne Michaels Comedy - Will She Leave SNL?

Nasim Pedrad Leaving Saturday Night Live Staying in business with her Saturday Night Live boss, Nasim Pedrad has joined NBC’s untitled Lorne Michaels/John Mulaney comedy pilot.

Written by and starring Mulaney, the prospective series is loosely based on the comedian and SNL writer’s life and follows a group of young people and their hijinks.

RELATED | TV Pilots for 2013-2014 Season

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Pedrad will play Jane, the female lead described as a sweet and intelligent but lazy and procrastination-prone grade school teacher who’s tired of her job and dying to make a change.

Comedy vets Martin Short and Elliott Gould round out the project’s previously announced cast.

Would you be sad to see Pedrad leave SNL? Which of her alter egos — Kim Kardashian, Arianna Huffington and Kelly Ripa, to name a few — would you miss most?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Late Night TV, Pilots

1. TT says:

Her role as Chris Christie’s Italian-American translator post-Sandy was a triumph.

2. erin says:

Her Arianna Huffington never fails to make me laugh hysterically. While I would miss her on SNL, she has been so underused this season, and I would definitely watch this show.

3. Hope she stays on SNL next season if her new sitcom doesn’t get picked up as a series (fingers crossed).

4. CJ says:

She’s incredibly under-used these days on SNL anyway. It’d be nice to see her in a sitcom, especially with Martin Short (!!!) and John Mulaney.

5. Mike says:

This show seems to have a solid cast, I’ll miss her on SNL, but she is severely underused anyway, her talents will be better used elsewhere.

6. td says:

I agree that she has been left behind on SNL. She usually just plays a secondary character like a little kid or someone’s girlfriend. Maybe her talents will be put to better use in a sitcom.

7. Line says:

I DON’T WANT HER TO LEAVE. I CAN’T TAKE ANOTHER PERSON LEAVING!!
    too many people are possibly leaving snl this year

8. Bob says:

Why do you bother to ask the question in the headline if you already have the answer?

“Should NBC move forward with the series, Pedrad — who joined SNL in 2009 — will vacate her spot on the late-night staple.”

9. Fabe says:

I wonder if Abby Elliott will get on a sitcom for next year? She’s certainly been appearing on quite a few this year: 2 Broke Girls, How I Met Your Mother, and Happy Endings. I would like that for her.

• JASon says:

Lorne should hire Abby back! Her firing was his worst mistake in years. Wonder what went on behind the scenes to make him fire her at the same time as losing two of his most important cast members(Sandberg and Wiig)

10. JASon says:

Risky move but I guess since she’s doing a Lorne show she could come back if the show fails. Love that Lorne is supporting Martin Short. This could be a brilliant show. And Nasim is super hot!!

11. Danielle H. says:

I don’t like her very much on SNL, so more power to her finding a better vehicle for her talent and life.

12. lawn mikels says:

Nasim Pedrad is so super hot, whatever horrible sitcom she joins I will simply put the TV on mute and watch. Well, probably not, but she is so freaking gorgeous it makes me want to drink myself to death.

13. dog trainer says: