Pilot News: Nasim Pedrad Joins NBC's Lorne Michaels Comedy – Will She Leave SNL?

Nasim Pedrad Leaving Saturday Night Live Staying in business with her Saturday Night Live boss, Nasim Pedrad has joined NBC’s untitled Lorne Michaels/John Mulaney comedy pilot.

Written by and starring Mulaney, the prospective series is loosely based on the comedian and SNL writer’s life and follows a group of young people and their hijinks.

RELATED | TV Pilots for 2013-2014 Season

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Pedrad will play Jane, the female lead described as a sweet and intelligent but lazy and procrastination-prone grade school teacher who’s tired of her job and dying to make a change.

Comedy vets Martin Short and Elliott Gould round out the project’s previously announced cast.

Would you be sad to see Pedrad leave SNL? Which of her alter egos — Kim Kardashian, Arianna Huffington and Kelly Ripa, to name a few — would you miss most?

Comments (16)

• Her role as Chris Christie’s Italian-American translator post-Sandy was a triumph.

Comment by TT – April 2, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her Arianna Huffington never fails to make me laugh hysterically. While I would miss her on SNL, she has been so underused this season, and I would definitely watch this show.

Comment by erin – April 2, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope she stays on SNL next season if her new sitcom doesn’t get picked up as a series (fingers crossed).

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – April 2, 2013 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s incredibly under-used these days on SNL anyway. It’d be nice to see her in a sitcom, especially with Martin Short (!!!) and John Mulaney.

Comment by CJ – April 2, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show seems to have a solid cast, I’ll miss her on SNL, but she is severely underused anyway, her talents will be better used elsewhere.

Comment by Mike – April 2, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that she has been left behind on SNL. She usually just plays a secondary character like a little kid or someone’s girlfriend. Maybe her talents will be put to better use in a sitcom.

Comment by td – April 3, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I DON’T WANT HER TO LEAVE. I CAN’T TAKE ANOTHER PERSON LEAVING!!
    too many people are possibly leaving snl this year

Comment by Line – April 3, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do you bother to ask the question in the headline if you already have the answer?

“Should NBC move forward with the series, Pedrad — who joined SNL in 2009 — will vacate her spot on the late-night staple.”

Comment by Bob – April 3, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if Abby Elliott will get on a sitcom for next year? She’s certainly been appearing on quite a few this year: 2 Broke Girls, How I Met Your Mother, and Happy Endings. I would like that for her.

Comment by Fabe – April 3, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lorne should hire Abby back! Her firing was his worst mistake in years. Wonder what went on behind the scenes to make him fire her at the same time as losing two of his most important cast members(Sandberg and Wiig)

Comment by JASon – April 3, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She wasn’t very good. That’s what.

Comment by dude – April 26, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Risky move but I guess since she’s doing a Lorne show she could come back if the show fails. Love that Lorne is supporting Martin Short. This could be a brilliant show. And Nasim is super hot!!

Comment by JASon – April 3, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like her very much on SNL, so more power to her finding a better vehicle for her talent and life.

Comment by Danielle H. – April 3, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nasim Pedrad is so super hot, whatever horrible sitcom she joins I will simply put the TV on mute and watch. Well, probably not, but she is so freaking gorgeous it makes me want to drink myself to death.

Comment by lawn mikels – April 6, 2013 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, thanks for sharing.

Comment by dog trainer – April 9, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post