Nashville Hot Shots: Will a Crisis Force Rayna to 'Fess Up? Plus, Avery Gets a Humbling New Gig

Rayna’s biggest secret might soon have top billing.

At least, that’s one way you can interpret these photos from Nashville‘s upcoming April 10 episode (ABC, 10/9c). The official synopsis says that “a personal crisis causes Rayna to leave the tour in New York City” before a sold-out date, and “secrets involving the men in Rayna’s life see the light of day.” Might Maddie’s biological father Deacon finally receive some huge news?

RELATED | ABC Sets Season Finale Dates for Nashville, OnceScandalGrey’s and More

Elsewhere in the episode, Jolene isn’t happy about the growing closeness between Dante and her daughter, Avery becomes a roadie (!) for Juliette and Deacon tells Ms. Barnes exactly what he thinks of her. (Spoiler alert: It’s not good.)

Click through the gallery below, then hit the comments: Is it time for Rayna to tell Deacon — not to mention her daughter — the truth?

1. B says:

I want them to drop Avery SO FREAKING BAD. Last week was the only time I sort of liked him but Jesus I DO NOT CARE YOU WHINY UGLY MAN.

• Elyse says:

still waiting for them to kill him off…

• wordsmith says:

I disagree – if he were successful, then I’d dislike his subplot, but watching him suffer week after week is kind of entertaining. He has been kind of off on his own for a while now, though, so it’ll be good to get him back and being humiliated around the other characters.

2. Elyse says:

Love love love Nashville!!! can’t wait for tomorrows episode.

3. Becca says:

Glad Avery will now be circling the Juliette/Rayna storyline. I’ve been hoping he and Juliette would interact again ever since they bumped into each other in the pilot. It’ll be nice to see JJ acting with some new folks.

4. sarah says:

I bed Maddie needs a blood donor and her mom is not a match and so Deacon is finally told he is her father, I hope Rayna and Deacon get together.
    I like the idea of Dante and Juliette.
    Once Deacon tells Juliette what he is going to tell her, she will fire him or he will quit and I actually think Avery will take his place.

• Lily says:

I heard this speculation before and that could be a good plot… But this kind of secret is always revealed during the season finale

• wordsmith says:

I don’t see Avery signing on as Juliette’s guitarist. I do, however, see him eventually ending up as the second artist on Rayna’s new label, along with Scarlett and Gunnar. He’s got a lot of redemption to earn between now and then, however…

5. katieg says:

Well, as a Nashville resident who knows they filmed scenes at a local hospital featuring more than one ailing character, I am guessing someone other than Maddie is in peril.

6. Kirsten says:

I don’t understand why Deacon wouldn’t at least have a clue that he COULD be the dad. I know he was off the wagon at the time of the supposed conception, but at some point, I would think he might do a little finger counting and realize that Maddie was born about nine months after he and Rayna were together. It’s not difficult math.

• Stephanie says:

I’m pretty sure he and Rayna were “together” more than once. I mean, seriously. That kiss in the elevator was HOT. If this show were on HBO, it wouldn’t surprise me if he took her right then and there. It’s not like the conception of Maddie was the first time they were “together.”

• Karen says:

I thought they actually lived together for some time before Deacon’s demons drove Rayna away. So there was lots of “together” time before Maddie was conceived!

7. Sara says:

So no Nashville again this week? Do they want to be cancelled?

• Shannon says:

Nashville is new this week – the article is about the episode on April 10th.

• Joanne says:

And then they have the nerve to worry about ratings. Give the show a chance they have to build up a fan base and not by being preempted every other week.

8. Gerry Green says:

I so love this show. Great plots, acting and great music.

9. Tony says:

I want to like this show…but I want it to be more about the music business side of things, rather than daytime soap drama.

10. Babygate says:

I never thought I would like Avery, but I do. Now that he turned away the big bucks in order to retain the integrity of his music. Sounds like the whole experience has humbled him. Hope he stays on this track. Cannot wait to see how Deacon reacts to knowing that he has a daughter. For sure he is going to go off on Rayna. Oh, and unleashing on one little Ms. Barnes will be fun to watch too.

11. Cher says:

The photo with Tandy makes me think it may be a medical issue with Lamar.

12. mel says:

Love the show, but they can not keep preempting it. It hurts and viewers turn elsewhere….its too new to be playing with it

13. jax says:

Who is Dante?

14. jax says:

Thank you, Josh & ellen.

15. GS says:

I know I’m in the minority but Rayna drives me crazy with her holier than thou attitude when she is just as morally corrupt as anyone on the show! Juliette has shown the most growth and Hayden just kills it every week. I can’t stand Avery. He can’t sing and he looks dirty. Love Scarlett and Gunnar…that last scene with them was HOT! Hope it gets renewed but with my track record, it won’t be.

• tvfanatic05 says:

I agree with you about Rayna and I am probably one of the few rooting against her and Deacon being together again.

16. restuarant says:

Hi, thanks for sharing

17. Liberty Sugar says:

What have I missed? What episode was the paternity of Rayna’s daughter discussed?

18. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to offer something again and aid others such as you helped me.

19. Right here is the right site for anyone who wishes to find out about this topic.
    You understand a whole lot its almost hard
    to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject that has been discussed for ages.
    Great stuff, just great!

20. Spot on with this write-up, I really think this web site needs far
    more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the advice!

21. I got this web site from my pal who told me on the topic of this web page and now this time I am
    browsing this website and reading very informative articles or reviews at
    this place.

22. Teresita says:

Thanks , I’ve recently been looking for information approximately this subject for a
    while and yours is the greatest I’ve discovered till now.
    However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you sure about
    the supply?