Nashville Hot Shots: Will a Crisis Force Rayna to 'Fess Up? Plus, Avery Gets a Humbling New Gig

Rayna’s biggest secret might soon have top billing.

At least, that’s one way you can interpret these photos from Nashville‘s upcoming April 10 episode (ABC, 10/9c). The official synopsis says that “a personal crisis causes Rayna to leave the tour in New York City” before a sold-out date, and “secrets involving the men in Rayna’s life see the light of day.” Might Maddie’s biological father Deacon finally receive some huge news?

RELATED | ABC Sets Season Finale Dates for Nashville, OnceScandalGrey’s and More

Elsewhere in the episode, Jolene isn’t happy about the growing closeness between Dante and her daughter, Avery becomes a roadie (!) for Juliette and Deacon tells Ms. Barnes exactly what he thinks of her. (Spoiler alert: It’s not good.)

Click through the gallery below, then hit the comments: Is it time for Rayna to tell Deacon — not to mention her daughter — the truth?

Tags: ,

Comments (34)

• It’s about damn time!

Comment by *S (@chanel_and_punk) – April 2, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The EP/creator said at PaleyFest it won’t happen this season.

Comment by Robert Taylor – April 2, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want them to drop Avery SO FREAKING BAD. Last week was the only time I sort of liked him but Jesus I DO NOT CARE YOU WHINY UGLY MAN.

Comment by B – April 2, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • still waiting for them to kill him off…

Comment by Elyse – April 2, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree – if he were successful, then I’d dislike his subplot, but watching him suffer week after week is kind of entertaining. He has been kind of off on his own for a while now, though, so it’ll be good to get him back and being humiliated around the other characters.

Comment by wordsmith – April 2, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love love Nashville!!! can’t wait for tomorrows episode.

Comment by Elyse – April 2, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Avery will now be circling the Juliette/Rayna storyline. I’ve been hoping he and Juliette would interact again ever since they bumped into each other in the pilot. It’ll be nice to see JJ acting with some new folks.

Comment by Becca – April 2, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bed Maddie needs a blood donor and her mom is not a match and so Deacon is finally told he is her father, I hope Rayna and Deacon get together.
    I like the idea of Dante and Juliette.
    Once Deacon tells Juliette what he is going to tell her, she will fire him or he will quit and I actually think Avery will take his place.

Comment by sarah – April 2, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I heard this speculation before and that could be a good plot… But this kind of secret is always revealed during the season finale

Comment by Lily – April 2, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t see Avery signing on as Juliette’s guitarist. I do, however, see him eventually ending up as the second artist on Rayna’s new label, along with Scarlett and Gunnar. He’s got a lot of redemption to earn between now and then, however…

Comment by wordsmith – April 2, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except for the part where Rayna singed Scarlett as a solo artist and left Gunnar out of it…

Comment by Jillian – April 2, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • True, though I’m pretty sure that’s just a matter of time too.

Comment by wordsmith – April 2, 2013 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, as a Nashville resident who knows they filmed scenes at a local hospital featuring more than one ailing character, I am guessing someone other than Maddie is in peril.

Comment by katieg – April 2, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why Deacon wouldn’t at least have a clue that he COULD be the dad. I know he was off the wagon at the time of the supposed conception, but at some point, I would think he might do a little finger counting and realize that Maddie was born about nine months after he and Rayna were together. It’s not difficult math.

Comment by Kirsten – April 2, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure he and Rayna were “together” more than once. I mean, seriously. That kiss in the elevator was HOT. If this show were on HBO, it wouldn’t surprise me if he took her right then and there. It’s not like the conception of Maddie was the first time they were “together.”

Comment by Stephanie – April 2, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought they actually lived together for some time before Deacon’s demons drove Rayna away. So there was lots of “together” time before Maddie was conceived!

Comment by Karen – April 3, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So no Nashville again this week? Do they want to be cancelled?

Comment by Sara – April 2, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nashville is new this week – the article is about the episode on April 10th.

Comment by Shannon – April 2, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And then they have the nerve to worry about ratings. Give the show a chance they have to build up a fan base and not by being preempted every other week.

Comment by Joanne – April 14, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so love this show. Great plots, acting and great music.

Comment by Gerry Green – April 2, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to like this show…but I want it to be more about the music business side of things, rather than daytime soap drama.

Comment by Tony – April 2, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never thought I would like Avery, but I do. Now that he turned away the big bucks in order to retain the integrity of his music. Sounds like the whole experience has humbled him. Hope he stays on this track. Cannot wait to see how Deacon reacts to knowing that he has a daughter. For sure he is going to go off on Rayna. Oh, and unleashing on one little Ms. Barnes will be fun to watch too.

Comment by Babygate – April 2, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The photo with Tandy makes me think it may be a medical issue with Lamar.

Comment by Cher – April 2, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show, but they can not keep preempting it. It hurts and viewers turn elsewhere….its too new to be playing with it

Comment by mel – April 2, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who is Dante?

Comment by jax – April 2, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is Jolene’s Counseler

Comment by Josh – April 2, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jolene (Juliette’s mom)’s counselor

Comment by ellen – April 2, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you, Josh & ellen.

Comment by jax – April 2, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know I’m in the minority but Rayna drives me crazy with her holier than thou attitude when she is just as morally corrupt as anyone on the show! Juliette has shown the most growth and Hayden just kills it every week. I can’t stand Avery. He can’t sing and he looks dirty. Love Scarlett and Gunnar…that last scene with them was HOT! Hope it gets renewed but with my track record, it won’t be.

Comment by GS – April 3, 2013 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you about Rayna and I am probably one of the few rooting against her and Deacon being together again.

Comment by tvfanatic05 – May 1, 2013 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, thanks for sharing

Comment by restuarant – April 9, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What have I missed? What episode was the paternity of Rayna’s daughter discussed?

Comment by Liberty Sugar – April 27, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post