Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?

Dancing With the Stars Week 3 ResultsAfter Dorothy Hamill’s shocking, injury-related withdrawal last week, I hoped and prayed that merit (or lack of it) alone would solely determine tonight’s homeward-bound celeb on Dancing With the Stars‘ Season 16 Week 3 results show.

Based on Monday night’s mixed bag of prom-themed performances, the usual suspects – including one of last week’s bottom dwellers, Lisa Vanderpump, along with the equally hapless Andy Dick and D.L. Hughley – looked like they could be flirting with elimination, though Wynonna Judd’s sad excuse for a samba saddled her at the very bottom of the leaderboard. Step it up, girlfriend!

But does it really matter which wobbly celeb gets the boot (it’s only Week 3 after all) when the one and only Huey Lewis and The News is in da ballroom? The legendary band lit up the stage by performing a rousing rendition of their classic “The Heart of Rock & Roll,” prompting my ’80s fanboy self to wonder who else the DWTS producers might have up their sleeve as the season rocks on: The Motels or Pat Benatar, perhaps? Yes, please!

But without further ado, here’s the real moment of truth — tonight’s results:

FINAL THREE COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Lisa Vanderpump and Gleb Savchenko
Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess
Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani

FINAL TWO COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess
Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani

ELIMINATED
Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani

“I faced one of my biggest fears, and I’ve made a lifetime friend out of Tony,” said Judd, who seemed crushed to lose out on her Mirrorball dream. “This is the hardest job I’ve ever loved. I’m a singer not a dancer, and I did the best I could.”

And with that, it’s your turn. Which couple should have really gone home tonight? Did the DWTS ongoing prom theme this week tickle your funny bone or work your last nerve? How does D.L. continue to elude being “in jeopardy”? Sound off in the comments!

1. RUCookie says:

The right celeb went home. And did anyone else think DL geared up? The judges are being incredibly rude to him.

• RUCookie says:

That was supposed to read “teared up”…damn auto fill…

• Kim R says:

I agree about the judges and DL.And Len really didn’t answer the question last night. You can critique someone, give them constructive advice but not humiliate them. The question wasn’t about whether or not DL did well, it was about the trashing of him. Big difference. I just think it makes the judges look unprofessional.

2. forwarddad says:

Agree on judges rudeness to DL. But the more they keep it up the longer he will stay.

3. april-ann says:

Oh, I dunno. If it’s all about how a celebrity can dance, then get ones who can dance. And it appears they do now. It does look more and more that the ones who can already dance, win. From the get-go of this series, it was fun then, all about celebs who cannot dance and put themselves out there to see if they can learn to and if so how much. It really wasn’t about who COULD ALWAYS dance great. It was all about that they COULDN’T dance and how much they could improve week by week by trying. It was fun then. But whatever. I’ve never been a fan of Wynnona’s but regardless of what the judges said I think she tried and did improve. And she was a class act while there.

• Stacey says:

I agree with the fact dancing is hard. But this is week three. And still she was stiff, and barely trying to dance. Or at least Tony didn’t try to bring out anything. There was nothing to the dance. While DL should have also gone, Cheryl’s fanbase is saving them. Wynona was bad! I don’t think she tried.

4. robinepowell says:

Not surprised that Wynonna went home. She barely moved on the dance floor. Poor Tony, the only good partner he’s ever had was Melissa Rycroft.

Wynonna reminds me of Kate Gosselin on the dance floor. Maybe next season, the producers will give Tony a better partner.

• duranmom says:

Tony had Stacey Kiebler in Season 2 and made it to the finals. In between Stacey and Melissa, he’s had some “challenges”. Not horrible partners (except Kate Gosslin!), just the safe but will never win partners. I would like Derek to get a few of those. He always gets the young ones.

• dan says:

I haven’t watched regularly in years, but Tony also danced with Jane Seymour and Susan Lucci. They were both decent dancers and stayed at least half-way through their seasons (I think Lucci left in 5th or 6th place and Seymour made it to top 4 or 5, maybe #3???).

• No, he doesn’t always get the young ones. These ladies were definitely not the youngest during their seasons (age listed is how old they were during competition):

Ricki Lake, 43
        Jennifer Grey, 50
        Brooke Burke, 37

I don’t know where your cut-off for ‘young’ is, but he’s had several partners that were over 30.

5. dumas1000 says:

Drew Lachey from 98 Degrees, a borderline professional dancer, won the second season of DWTS. Why do people keep conveniently keep forgetting that. DWTS has always mixed in people with some past dancing experience, but many of them surprisingly don’t perform well. It’s true that hip hop dancers can get turned inside out trying to learn how to ball room dance. It has happened numerous times.

• LC says:

ITA, and there are also plenty of examples where the non-dancers beat those with dance experience. Apollo beat Joey Fatone who had some dance in his boy band days. It’s usually been a good mix with dancers and non dancers, with non dancers winning some and dancers winning others.

6. Miriam Sa says:

Let’s face it, Wynonna was awful! Hard to believe a singer was incapable of hearing the beat, but true nonetheless.

• Karen Cline says:

Everyone is a judge. How about giving Wynonna a BIG E for effort. She is a awesome singer and woman. Wynonna you are awesome and we love you!

• Shaun says:

Her efforts were horrible.Too fat for the dance floor.

• She wasn’t too fat to dance; there have been heavy women on the show who’ve done well. There’s no need to be an ass.

I think she was so stiff because she was all trussed up in some sort of girdle or compression garment that doesn’t allow much movement. Even a heavy woman can shake her ta-tas, but she could barely get her shoulders moving. Whatever was holding her back, she wasn’t showing any improvement, which is a shame.

7. Charlotte says:

No. I wanted Victor and Lindsay to go home.

8. MaryAnn says:

DL, Wynona, and Lisa were the worst dancers of the group. I would have been happy with any of them going home. Andy was not a great dancer either, technically, but he is so entertaining that I just had to give him a vote, and hope that he will stick around for a few weeks until the weaker dancers are eliminated.

9. eileen hargis says:

She really did try hard, but she just isnt a dancer. No rhythm at all, uneasy and not comfortable on the floor, and no self confidence whatsoever. Sing, hell yeah, she can!

• Kim R says:

Agreed. :) She did try really hard. I think when you don’t move your midsection and only move your feet and arms, it makes it hard for peeps to call it dancing. :) She danced how she walks, sort of like a rectangle. But sing she can!! :)

10. Shaun says:

That Macy’s dance was great,like Crouching Tiger and regular dance

11. Jake says:

Who is honestly voting for DL? I thought Lisa was awesome. Kellie was AMAZING!

• Jen says:

He’s probably getting sympathy votes from people who think the judges are too harsh on him. Which I think they are. He’s no worse than Andy and tries as hard as Andy. But when it comes to scores they slam DL and tell Andy it’s ok that he can’t dance since he’s entertaining. That probably gets him votes, but he’ll still be out in the next week or so.

12. Tom says:

So no official bottom 2

• duranmom says:

Official bottom 2 are the ast 2 standing, it’s not an official bottom 3. So, technically, Lisa & Gleb could have not been in the bottom 3 last night.

13. GS says:

I think Lisa is horrible and Gleb is just not growing on me at all. I miss Maks although Val is a good substitute. Wynonna was not good and not showing improvement. I hope Lisa goes next. I don’t get the fascination with the “Real Housewives” anyway. If she’s a real housewife, I’m a member of the royal family!

My final 3 hope is Zendaya, Kellie, and Aly although I’m sure ESPN is running Jacoby’s number so it’ll probably be him who wins. He’s the best male celebrity by far but I’m tired of football players winning when they aren’t the best dancer overall.

14. Dr. Chameleon says:

I’m primarily watching this show for the first time because of Andy Dick, so I hope he sticks it out! I know he’s silly (and a potential mess) but I’m enjoying his efforts so far. Wynonna has looked miserable the whole time and barely moves, so I’m glad she got the boot. I’d love to see Lisa and Sean go because they seem like awful people (“stars” — harumph). The judges seem fairly decent compared to some I’ve seen on other shows like this, so I feel like DL needs to lighten up, but whatever. Meanwhile, Kellie and Jacoby are pretty awesome, and I hope Zendaya does a “Bambi falling on the ice” routine at some point.

15. Betty Caldeira says:

I’ve watched the show for quite a few years and mostly enjoyed it. Naturally you have good and bad mostly good! Only complaint is the judges -not going to name who. Seems they think Derek is perfect and seem to resent Max. Wish they would wake up and have a few open minds.

16. I want to to thank you for this very good read!! I certainly loved every little bit of it. I have got you bookmarked to look at new things you post…