Under the Dome First Look: 'It Just Gets Pretty Scary Very Quickly'

Under-The-Dome-Stephen-King-CBS“People’s eyes are gonna bug out of their heads when they see it.”

So promises Stephen King of Under the Dome, CBS’ adaptation of his 2009 sci-fi novel, which is set to premiere in June. And based on the following first look, King’s assessment appears to be accurate.

The 13-episode drama takes place in the New England community of Chester’s Mill, which inexplicably finds itself trapped beneath a massive, transparent barrier. And the show’s initial one-minute teaser gives us glimpses of severed limbs, bloodied handprints, ominously buried corpses and terrified screams.

“Two-thousand people secluded,” says  The Secret Circle’s Britt Robertson, who’s part of the ensemble cast. “It just gets pretty scary very quickly.”

The sneak peek also hints at the ways in which director Niels Arden Oplev (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Swedish version) and his visual effects team will attempt to make those aforementioned eyes pop.

Under the Dome‘s cast includes A Gifted Man‘s Rachelle Lefevre, Breaking Bad‘s Dean Norris, Pan Am‘s Mike VogelTrue Blood‘s Aisha HindsCSI: NY‘s Natalie MartinezSupernatural‘s Colin FordJolene Purdy (Gigantic) and Nicholas Strong (Nashville). Check out the sneak peek below, then hit the comments with your initial thoughts!

1. A. says:

I looooove Stephen King! Can’t wait to see it. I’m hoping that I will find series to download somewhere, because I don’t live in America.

2. buffy522 says:

Oh, Stephen King. I love you, but the miniseries’ always leave a lot to be desired. This book was one of my unfavorite King tomes. Kind of drug too long for me. But I do like the cast and it just might play out well for tv. I will watch of course.

• Dmac says:

Good news they are only using the book as a jumping off point. It is going to be more like Haven ( one of the best series out there in my humble opinion) it was based in the Coloradp Kid but went its own way. To his credit Stephen King loves it and I suspect that is why lhe allowed them to use the same method here.

3. iMember says:

Britt Robertson <333

4. Shoof says:

This looks so intriguing. Solid cast and team behind it. Can’t wait to watch!

5. Elyse says:

i can’t wait!

6. Thiago says:

Britt Robertson <333 ++++++++

7. dude says:

I love CBS’s summer miniseries! Ah Harper’s Island…

• Dizzle says:

Harper’s Island was awesome! I miss it. I really wish they would have continued the series, and sticking with the plan of changing the location each season.

8. I cannot freakin’ wait! This book was awesome… I bought it on preorder and read it in two days, then I got a copy for my local library…. it is one that should be read by everyone before seeing this – it will add to the scare factor ;)

9. nick1372 says:

Looks great!

10. majamababe says:

I love Stephen King. I think the best TV mini-series was Tommyknockers – it was very well done. I also enjoyed The Stand, mostly because of Gary Sinise. Hopefully, this will be just as good ore better.

• majamababe says:

-or-

• CountryQueen says:

But they changed the ending of the Tommyknockers! It really pissed me off how they ended the mini-series. The rest of it was good, but I don’t like how they changed the ending. They basically gave it a semi-happy ending – which is disappointing. Tragedies make great TV too.

11. CountryQueen says:

I. Can’t. WAIT! It’s going to be AWESOME! The book is great. Gave me one of the best gasp out loud moments of reading, and then, when I realized what was going to happen, I just sobbed and sobbed. The Stand was my favorite mini-series by Steve. I watch it every couple of years. So faithful to the book, and well done. I am excited to see what happens!

12. Kate says:

Anything new by Steve is good by me – sometimes more, sometimes less, but always good. Love the Stand, watch it over and over.

13. I hope they don’t screw this up. TV/movies has a very sketchy past with interpreting Stephen King stories. (I’m looking at you, “Needful Things”, “Desperation” and “Maximum Overdrive”… just to name a few.)

14. Coach 'Tony' says:

So awesome! Can’t wait..My wife and I Love mini series.Especially from Mr King.

15. Vicki Chase says:

Asking questions are actually pleasant thing if you are not understanding
    something fully, however this paragraph gives nice understanding yet.

16. Hi there, I found your web site via Google at the same time
    as searching for a similar matter, your website came up, it appears
    to be like good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Hi there, just become alert to your weblog thru
    Google, and found that it’s truly informative.

I am going to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful if you proceed this in future.
    Lots of folks might be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

17. Hey! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

18. Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next write ups thanks once
    again.