Glee Poised to Finish Season 4 Without Finn, as Cory Monteith Enters Rehab

Glee's Cory Monteith Enters RehabGlee star Cory Monteith has entered rehab for substance addiction, and as such Fox’s musical dramedy is prepared to finish production on Season 4 without the actor.

Finn’s sudden absence in the season’s final two episodes will be explained on-screen, our sister site Deadline reports.

PHOTOS | Glee Season 4 Spoilers — Sam Serenades Brittany

News of Monteith’s rehab stint broke over the weekend, when his rep confirmed to People.com that he had “voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction,” from which the actor has previously suffered.

Immediately, well wishes from the Glee family followed. “I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this,” Monteith’s costar and real-life girlfriend Lea Michelle told People. “I am grateful and proud he made this decision.”

Series creator Ryan Murphy shared on Twitter Monday morning, “I am so proud of Cory Monteith and love and support him 100%.”

RELATED | Glee Season 4 Cast — Idol‘s Jessica Sanchez to Play ‘Legendary Diva’

In a statement, Glee producer 20th Century Fox TV said, “Cory is a beloved member of the Glee family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment. Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return.”

Glee — which because of protracted negotiations has yet to be renewed — is set to air its Season 4 finale on May 9.

1. Chang says:

Quit hating on Corey. Like or hate Finn, Finn is an on screen character. Corey is a real purpose. I can’t imagine an episode of glee with Finn but I support Corey in his decision and I send him my well wishes too!

2. Marianne OMalley says:

Having an addiction is a tough, tough battle. Checking into Re-Hab, is a huge step toward success. Good move. Best of Luck Cory.
    Yes Bea, I did read IHateJUNKIES: lately I am ignoring all the ” Haters” in this world!
    They will be bitten in their behind.

3. Lollygagger says:

So much for free speech. Ironically, those advocating tact are ripping apart those they consider tactless. Golden Rule, people. The last thing a person in pain needs is to be hurt more. Only a coward kicks a guy when he’s down. Bullies are usually cowards…GLEE taught us that. Speedy recovery, Corey. You are somebody’s beloved son or brother, who happens to be an actor. Not crazy about Finn’s role in season 4, but that’s the fault of bad writing. PLEASE rehab the writing.

4. Sarah-Lynn says:

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU NEGATIVE PPL!!! Cory Monteith was found dead!! I was reading some of the comments (not all cause I was so disgusted) and all ive gotta say is SHAME ON YOU!!!!

5. Vanessa says:

wow, all these harsh comments sound even worse now that he’s dead. you can’t pretend to know someone’s life. he was a human, and he had flaws.

6. Destinee says:

Noooo I love Finn, why’d he have to go and do that, I missed Finn in the last 2 episodes….Finn and Rachel were made for each other in glee!!

7. denise says:

R.i.p. Love to his family @ cast mates

8. Miles says:

If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. go watch season 5 episode 3 and see if you don’t cry your eyes out. I just did.