True Blood Season 6 First Look: The Return of Bloody Bad Bill and 'the Beginning of the End'

Big, bad, naked Bill is back (and bloodier than ever?) in True Blood‘s sixth season (bowing June 16) — and we’ve got a first look at the carnage he’s inflicting on Sookie, Eric and all of Bon Temps.

RELATED| True Blood Season 6 Spoilers — Luke Grimes Cast as James

The following just-released teaser features a mishmash of footage from the HBO saga’s upcoming season, including an ominous warning of “the beginning of the end,” a very shirtless Alcide (duh), some Tara/Pam angst, the aforementioned Bill gone wild and much, much more.

Press PLAY below to be glamored by Blood‘s fresh promo, then hit the comments with your snappy Season 6 judgements!

Tags: ,

Comments (79)

• I have to wonder if this is going to be the last season. I can’t see their ostensible male romantic lead coming back from this.

Comment by a – March 30, 2013 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some recent casting calls have revealed that there is an option for some new characters to become main characters in season 7, so barring a complete flatline in the ratings, it’s safe to say everyone involved with the show is banking on at least anothe year.

Comment by Alex – March 30, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you’re right–Bill isn’t going back to being a possible love interest for Sookie ever again. That’s finished. But he can be replaced as the male romantic lead. Other shows have done it. Buffy, for example, did quite well after Angel left at the end of season 3, running for 4 more seasons. Bill’s not indispensable.

Comment by Jen – March 30, 2013 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with this 100%. And, as someone whose read the series, there’s PLENTY of people for them to push back into Sookie’s arms and at least one other romantic interest that had yet to be introduced in the series. Bill was perfect for her “first love” but Sookie is a different person than she was in Season One and there’s SO MUCH more they can explore from her and her love interests (namely, Eric, as I am definitely an Eric/Sookie shipper).

Comment by Ashley – April 1, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • no no no !

Comment by tanya – April 16, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does anyone even want Bill as a romantic lead, anymore? I don’t. He’s absolutely disgusting in body and mind. Plus, he’s not the lead in the source material. Sookie gets over Bill and falls in love with someone else. Just sayin’. ;)

Comment by Lana – March 30, 2013 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I’ve over Bill since season 3. In the books, He is just there as a friend, mostly. I am ready to see them at least move into a few of the story lines from the book again. And I don’t mean the crappy Fairy story line either. Maybe True Blood should do a Tara/Pam spin-off (non-sexual) That is really all I care about seeing. I’m over Sookie and Eric and Bill. Put Pam, Tara, and Lafayette in a room, and it would pure gold I tell you.

Comment by Thomas Garland – March 30, 2013 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I Think Stephen Moyer Is GORGEOUS!

Comment by Krystal – April 25, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too! I think this series will die if they don’t put them back together. They r why fans fell in love with this series. Bill and sookie! Please!!!!

Comment by Tina Dancy – April 29, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Somethin tells me that this might be their LAST season..they cut their USUAL episode from 12-10, now usually when networks do that it means either a. Buget cuts b. Show startin to die out therefore better end it while it is still strong!

Comment by DeeeeN – March 31, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They cut the number of episodes to accommodate Anna Paquin’s pregnancy. I hope the show continues I’m not sure about the Bilith story line but we’ll see. And I’ll admit I’m still waiting for Sookie/Eric hook up, I want the real bad ass Eric not amnesia Eric, that didn’t count.

Comment by Patricia – March 31, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Dude, that’s never gonna happen. The reason they did amnesia Eric is because that’s the ONLY way Eric and Sookie were ever gonna hook up.

Comment by Thejesscen – March 31, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You obviously haven’t read the books – sookie and Eric married and have a very deep bond from so much blood sharing. Get your facts straight – they will be endgame.

Comment by Truebie – March 31, 2013 09:44 PM PDT
    • Bill is disgusting. Unless he’s miraculously returned to his old physical self, I expect him to exit the show. People like him naked, but not covered in gore and blood. Frankly, I think the show jumped the shark last season and it’s on a downward spiral now. HBO would be smart to pull the plug.

Comment by RedRiver – March 31, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He might be able to come back with the help of Lafayette or possibly the fairies but I think La La may be able to somehow ex- spell the Lilith from Bill. Other than that I don’t see any other ways he can become like himself again let alone Sookie’s love interest.

Comment by Danielle Trevino – April 8, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is just my take on it! I think he will come out smelling like a rose as always! He is now the ultimate Vampyr, so he will be able to control most others, and sway them from harming humans. Hero Bill once again!

Comment by Charlie – April 9, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except Bill’s already a terrorist who’s responsible for the Tru Blood bombings. He’s the one who drank Lilith’s blood. If he stopped all the killings, he would be undoing some of the damage he caused. But he would not be a hero. Everything that’s happened is mostly his fault.

Comment by Lana – April 16, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are so many intertwining stories in this, I can’t see the entire show riding on Bill’s return to the good side, or even his return to Sookie. I don’t think this will be the last season. However, i do think that there wont be many more. =(

Comment by L – April 25, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh, let it die.

Comment by Dick Whitman – March 30, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, I can’t wait for June 16th! If only to find out what the hell is up with Dorky Eric at 0:11

Comment by Lilly – March 30, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BILLITH!!!!!!!!

Comment by mawhi – March 30, 2013 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on თავისებური ბლოგი and commented:
    მე-6 სეზონის პირველი თიზერი :)

Comment by Joe – March 31, 2013 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. They better wrap up the Billith storyline quick style. This show started going downhill once they veered completely away from using the books as an outline. Just please let this season be better than the last one!

Comment by Kat – March 31, 2013 01:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The first season was pretty much the only season that went c

Comment by Stefani – April 8, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The first season is the only season that went almost completely went the books. Even then all the different changes to characters made the books as more of a guideline then by the book.

Comment by Stefani – April 8, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ready for the end since the revelation of Billith. I really don’t see this show recovering after last season, but I will watch it anyway with my fingers crossed that it’ll bounce back.

Comment by TL – March 31, 2013 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I can only hope that they will redeem Bill in some ways in the end. I fell in love with the show, with the love story of Bill & Sookie (season 1 & 2 were so great), so I’ll be very disappointed if they don’t get back together in the end…

Comment by Liz – March 31, 2013 04:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thank you, I love Bill and Sookie together reminds me of my first love and how can anyone get over that.

Comment by Chastity – April 10, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bill has hurt Sookie too much. She would be a doormat if she ever took him back.

Comment by Lana – April 16, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. Bill and sookie makes the show. Give. Eric another love interest. We want Bill and Sookie

Comment by Tina Dancy – April 29, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELL YEAH!

Comment by *S (@chanel_and_punk) – March 31, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s anything like previous teasers you’ve got a few quick bits from the first or second episode,and a line that sounds very ominous but could be someone talking about Merlot’s closing down for all we know.

Comment by Tonedead Jones – March 31, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When True Blood first started it was a small cast with a story everyone could follow. Then beginning in season two there were so many characters and plot lines you needed a supernatural phone directory and a map to keep up with everything. I do not mind True Blood veering away from the books, but I do wish they would end the fairy and Billith storylines and move back to the core cast story arc.

Comment by TVDIVA – March 31, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah Billith needs to go back to the hell it came from. Though I would like to figure out who murdered Sookie’s parents. and wtf happened with that fairy who “raped” Andy?

Comment by Russ – March 31, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You should also be concerned with the vampire that owns Sookie due to the contract.

Comment by Stefani – April 8, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I Wanna See All Of Andy’s Babys I COMPLETELY Forgot About That HAHA!!!!

Comment by Krystal – April 25, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather they didn’t follow the books much. It gives them more freedom as writers, and means the audience might actually be surprised by something once in a while.

Comment by RyanC – March 31, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree. What good is it to compare something to a book? It always leads to disappointment. I haven’t read the books, though I am itching to, for the simple reason that I feel it might ruin the show for me. All the negativity about the show is stemming from people who are disappointed because they read the books. Please remember, this show is BASED on the books. Just because something is based on something else, doesn’t mean it has to, or even should, follow it completely. It’s kind of like snooping into your presents before christmas, it ruins the entire experiance!

Comment by L – April 25, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By the end of last season, I was only watching out of some weird displaced sense of loyalty. I’m going to tune in to see the beginning, but I can totally see myself giving up at this point. It’s just become some ridiculous hybrid of original arcs and bits and pieces from the books. I never finished reading all the books, so I’m no book snob. I just think it’s time for them to wrap it up, they’ve covered enough bases, it’s going nowhere fast now.

Comment by Jules – March 31, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only part i was really paying attention to is the part where Alcide rips his shirt off…

Comment by Kayla – March 31, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True Blood jumped the shark when Alan Ball decided to turn it into his personal platform to advance the gay agenda.

Comment by Justin – March 31, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh that old chestnut Justin. You’re an idiot. There is no gay agenda. Is there a straight agenda on shows that only showcase straight people? No. You should actually learn some things and create your own opinion and not the one that your redneck religious right wing nutbag family and friends have fostered upon you.

Comment by K – March 31, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ohh get over yourself – gay People exist…..in EVERY aspect of Life…dont like it – GO to IRAN

Comment by John R Costello – April 8, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it and can’t wait for the new season. I’m willing to jump on and ride the True Blood train and go wherever the writers want to take me. That’s what programs are all about, not what we THINK they should be.

I’d suggest all of you who are tired of the show to please, move on.

Comment by Bobby Milford – March 31, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okey dokey so here goes… Love the books, love Alexander Skarsgard ( you beautiful boy!), like Stephen Moyer’s directing, dislike the new fairy love interest idea, need to see Alcide knock boots with someone, dislike bilith- hopefully they will be able to find a classy way out of this script fart, more sookie & Eric, less Tara, more Pam, less Jessica, more Russell, re-cast a much hotter Claude and expand his role into a hot protagonist, fairy war may be cool to see played out in film, possibly cast Quinn ( Jason Mamoa?) and make sure For the love of god Mr. Skarsgard spends most of his time onscreen and in the buff.

Comment by Kate – March 31, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that more Eric is always good, but I want to see Eric from seasons 1-3, not the lame Eric that became after season 4, which I think was done purposely because he was becoming the most popular character on the show. Russell will not be back, because he is dead. I am also not excited about the new Sookie romance with the fairy. What’s wrong with Sookie and Eric or Sookie and Alcide?

Comment by Jen – April 19, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just because a character in the show says its the beginning of the end doesn’t mean the end of TB… I think they could do at least one more season after this.

Comment by s – March 31, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the books, Bill has a sister and her blood cures him from something. Not this Billith state, but some sort of blood poisoning, so, technically, if they go back to the source material, there is a way to bring back the Bill who loved Sookie.

Comment by RB – March 31, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • His maker turned a woman who looked like his wife to torture/please him. That made her a blood sister.

Comment by Stefani – April 8, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True Blood jumped the shark last season. I was going “Uh-oh” from the first episode of the season with its ridiculous vampire council, but kept watching out of loyalty. Now Billith has done the show in even further. I absolutely detest this story line. The only thing that could save the show for me would be Bill’s redemption. The only reason I have not written it off entirely is that I understand there is a new showrunner this season, but I am still undecided if I will wait to hear how the season turn out before watching.

Comment by MaryAnn – March 31, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I alone in not caring if ‘real’ Beel ever returns? I mean he’s just terrible. I don’t want any reunion with Beel and Sookeh No thank you…

Comment by s – March 31, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • finally! i was getting so sick of hearing about bill and sookie! i really think the whole thing with eric ands sookie is way morebinteresting…

Comment by steph – April 11, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Bill and Sookie are old news. I think reuniting them would be way worse then keeping them apart. Not having read the books, I am enjoying the story line and I can’t wait to see what happens next! Once the show has ended, and only then, will I seek out and read the books. I think Eric and Sookie would be good together. I never really liked Bill all that much from the beginning.

Comment by L – April 25, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome makeup job on billith. ive read all the books but last 2 sucked so not sure if they should go back to following them. need to go back eric/ sookie as a couple.

Comment by ollie – March 31, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It actually looks good and looks like theres not gonna be 10000 more new story lines, its going to follow and finish the current stories. Hopefully. Cant wait.

Comment by anil – March 31, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Twilight is so dead, and then True Blood, next The Vampire Diaries. The end of Vampire romance in Hollywood has FINALLY come. I hope the next thing is 50 shades of grades-esque movies and tv shows.

Comment by Fernanda – March 31, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, but you’re so wrong about that.PNR, specifically vampire romance is here to stay. All three shows\ movies you referenced are still wildly popular.

Comment by Waitingsux – April 1, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ill watch the first episode and i will go from there, Last season was too much of a mess for me to it fathful anymore

Comment by Joe Perugia – March 31, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh – it just needs to DIE. Once they completely went past the point of being able to use any of the book’s storylines and killed off all the truly interesting and original tv exclusive characters, the show just fell into a pit of dull and boring.

I know they didn’t anticipate how popular Franklin would be when they killed him off, but the return of King Russel Edington was a complete waste of an insanely good character.

I know the last 2/3 books kinda sucked, but I was so hoping when they started that we would eventually get to the vampire conference, as that was by far the best plotted of all the books. I lost hope entirely when I saw what they did when they butchered the shower scene. I could have lived with all the other weird and kinda boring stuff in that season had they not completely messed up the most infamous and highly anticipated scene in all the books.

Comment by Ben – March 31, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They said from the beginning…THE SHOW IS NOT A REMAKE 4 TV OF THE BOOKS…BUT FROM THE BOOKS. So i truly don’t know why people come on here n bitch about how last season they didn’t do this n that n they should cuz the book said so!! Like i said, from the gate the creator Alan Ball said he will not run with the books but maybe half the time…the rest he creates and runs with it. This has been said over n over yet people still bitch n bitch n bitch…n then say pull the plug!! Why?? Cuz you can’t follow scene by scene with ur book in ur lap?! You want somethin like that…go read and watch Twilight. Otherwise stfu.

Comment by Steph – April 12, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that they could have used more plot from the books, the show went worse starting season 4.

Comment by Jen – April 19, 2013 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, for one, am thrilled that they veered away from the books. Don’t get me wrong, I love the books, but after book 4, there’s not much that I’d like to see on TB. I am a HUGE fan of the show, even after last season. The first time I watched season 5, I did not care for it. After watching it again, though, I absolutely loved it, with the exception of the ridiculous Ifrit storyline.

I think this season is going to kick some major ass. If everyone would separate the show from the books, I think they would enjoy it a lot more. They never intended to be very true to the source material, because if they did, it would be kind of boring for TV. There would be no suspense at all.

I am very happy that it looks as though they are going to steer clear of multiple meaningless story lines this season, though.

Comment by Jenny – March 31, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch, but if Billith doesn’t disappear in episode one, it doesn’t look good.
    Also I really hope they don’t follow the books cause I don’t want Sookie to marry Eric.
    Sookie and Alcide should totally be endgame.
    They have crazy chemistry!!

Comment by Jj – April 1, 2013 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Umm, no. If by chemistry you mean an alcohol induce non tryst which ended in vomit, then sure they have chemistry.

Comment by Waitingsux – April 1, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I must admit that I was hoping for a bit of Quinn (Sookie’s boyfriend in book 6)… I was wondering how they would portray him… maybe they can re-read the books and take some storylines from there, no? Also… I’m waiting for the Eric-Sookie reunion. That would make this season worth watching :)

Comment by Tinemi – April 1, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appeal. I must say that you’ve done a fantastic job with this. Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Firefox. Superb Blog!

Comment by google.com – April 1, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have to be honest I loved Bill as Sookie’s love interest. Very disappointed at this season’s storyline. Surprised they used Bill for the role. Thought Russel would have been better. think they should take it back to good old Bon Temps and leave it there. Hopefully they’ll find some way of bringing Bill back. There’s just too many different stories and supernatural things going on. Surprised they haven’t brought zombies into it yet.The best thing about season 5 was definitely Pam and Tara storyline. Also miss Jesus.

Comment by Kim – April 1, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for season 6! Still need to find and purchase season 5 for my collection though.

Comment by Dee Guy – April 8, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that realizes that Sam looked exactly the same as Bill during his last scene? Some how that has to play into things.

Comment by Victor M. Ruiz – April 8, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for season 6. I hope they do put Eric back with sookie’s main man. There so romantic !!!!! An if they give Eric the true death I’m done. I don’t see how Bill can come back but if they go off the books it’s gonna end soon :(.

Comment by Theresa Price – April 8, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eric like has had a lil crush on sookie for a while it seemed. Bills just always been in the picture so it couldnt really go any where. now that bills out of the picture i think it would be really interesting to see real Eric and sookie get togther. in my opinion i think that could really bring the show back after last season

Comment by steph – April 11, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, i looove True Blood and also love the Sookie Stackhouse novels. I’ve read them all except for the last 1 of course, it doesn’t hit bookstores til next month. I read comments 2 clips such as this 1 for example. But people really need 2 UNDERSTAND that NOT EVERYONE READS BOOKS!! Ur ruinin it for others when u post such things. With just one scroll down the comments, i found 5 that without a doubt had serious spoilers in it!! No not everything that happens in the books happen on the show…but Alan Ball bases it off the books and something’s r dead on. Everyone has different opinions on who sookie will b with, what will happen 2 bill…but don’t rant and rave about ‘well in the books sookie and bill r this, that n the 3rd’!! U ruin it for others…n i personally know how irritating n rude it really is when 3 yrs back before i read any of the books, someone posted a huge spoiler 4 the books and show on the trueblood website. Posted who dies and when, who ends up with who, how people die…it was so rude n rediculous!! Have some RESPECT 4 others, and don’t post comments about what has happened in the books that hasn’t happened on the show YET – 4 all u know it still could – it’s very rude, ignorant and SELFISH.

Comment by Steph – April 12, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bill is high yall remember when they took a little drop and they all went crazy, but then they all came down off of that high! So I think he will come down eventually! I just don’t want them to end the series!

Comment by J Johnson – April 17, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care to see Sookie romance with a fairy. We haven’t even gotten to see her with Alcide and I think they are hot together! Also I would like to see more real Eric from seasons 1 – 3. I don’t understand why the show creators have such a problem with sticking to what people like on the show. Billith storyline does not seem interesting at all. I liked Bill when he was just a regular vampire, he was more likable. I started to dislike him completely when he was made king and became all arrogant and stuck up. I think Eric’s popularity did not sit well with the show creators, so they diminished his character and made Bill the King. I also think they wanted to turn people off Sookie/Eric romance so they purposely made their romance scenes overly cheesy. That might/might not have something to do with Anna and Stephen being married. They don’t have to completely follow the books, but the 4th and 5th seasons were pretty bad in my opinion, so maybe they can incorporate some parts from the books.

Comment by Kristin – April 19, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the bill Stephen Moyer character and I hope he comes back and the is a saseobn 7

Comment by Mare – April 26, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they are so many more season of trueblood cause it bad ass

Comment by Tosha – April 26, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care what anyone says…… If you put bill and sookie back together the ratings will go through the roof. Or Eric/ sookie. But I prefer, bill/sookie. At least make bill powerful with that undying love for sookie.

Comment by Tina Dancy – April 29, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sookie and Eric ! I hope Eric doesn’t leave the show ..

Comment by Desiree – April 29, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show has definitely jumped the shark. End it already.

Comment by Lester – July 5, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post