Exclusive

Sons of Anarchy Exclusive: Season 6 Scoop on SAMCRO's 'Most Dangerous' Foe, a Shake-Up at the Club and a Pair of New Faces

SoA_512_Darthy_0865(1)New faces, new headaches and a new look at the SAMCRO table are on tap for Sons of Anarchy Season 6, which this fall will pick up “probably just a matter of days” after the events of the last finale. Speaking with TVLine at FX’s Upfront party on Thursday night, here is what else series creator Kurt Sutter shared about the hit drama’s next cycle.

RELATED | Sons Boss Talks Season 5 Finale Shockers, Clay and Tara’s Fates

BIG TROUBLE | With Donal Logue back for at least seven episodes, Sutter says that former U.S. Marshall Lee Toric will prove to be a profoundly painful thorn in SAMCRO’s side. “We sort of fluctuate, where one season the adversary will be in the outlaw world and other seasons it’ll be someone from the law enforcement world — and the interesting thing about Donal’s character is he sort of falls in the middle,” Sutter explains. SoA_513_Cette_0123“He’s law enforcement, but he’s ex-law enforcement.” As such, “He’s probably the most dangerous adversary they’ve ever had in terms of his access to law enforcement information, yet he doesn’t necessarily have to follow all those rules.”

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT | With Tara behind bars for her role in Otto’s murder of a prison nurse (aka Toric’s sister) — and just as she was set to leave town with the kids for a normal life! — the Tellers’ nascent union shall be tested. “You saw the beginning of the shift in that relationship at the end of last season, when Tara broke that news to Jax about wanting to get out with the boys,” Sutter notes. “[Tara's imprisonment] obviously has a big impact this season as far as where they are at emotionally. Can it be fixed? Does it bring them closer together? Or does it separate them more?”

CHANGES AT CHURCH | When the show returns, “There will be a new VP” in place, given Bobby’s resignation at the close of Season 5. “And there will be a new sergeant-at-arms.” Sutter, however, wasn’t about to name names.

NEW FACES | In addition to Logue’s return and Jimmy Smits being promoted to a series regular (as Nero), Season 6 will add two new characters still to be cast. One Sutter describes as “an old-school shot-caller that’s out of Stockton,” while the other is a major female character who is “in sort of the escort world.”

1. joanne says:

Cant wait for next season. Chibs needs a chick well good girl. I will b very disappointed when there will b no more soa. only 2 seasons left

2. Kristen Gebhard says:

I agree. Sutter made it look like it was Gemma who ratted Tara out, but I was probably all just bad luck for Tara. :( anyways I can’t wait for season 6!!!!

3. jay says:

this is the best tv show i have ever gotten in to i cant wait for number 6. i wish they would make a movie base on SOA.

4. cj bogart says:

Bring back Venus Van Dam!! Please!!!!!

5. mike says:

i love this show needs too hurry up and come back on its driving me crazy i need more of this show now

6. honestAbe says:

It was jax that gave tara up he was pisssd because of her giving his crack head X the kids in her will and her wanting to get out of charming and yes it is based on hamlet…….

7. Jason says:

Last episode I watched was when Opie died. Biggest mistake Sutter made so far and I have lost interest.

8. Ian Bird says:

Love this show but after last season’s finale I wasn’t sure I was going to keep watching it. In my opinion the graphic violence has gone way over the top and it is downright disturbing. I’m still shaken by the episodes with Tig’s daughter and then Opie’s death. A little less graphic would be my request.

• Kaycee says:

Then the show would not be all that real. You don’t know much about biker gangs which is fine, I’m not judging you for that. Most people don’t want to know about what really goes on in some of them…especially the 1%’ers. My daughter-in-law’s father was a SAA in one of the “not so nice’ gangs. If you’re going to write a show about a gang then by all means keep it real and Kurt has done a decent job at doing so.

My ONLY objection to Kurt not keeping it real is Jax wearing those bright white tennis shoes he wears. PLEASE put some biker boots on him. NOT A SINGLE true biker I know would wear tennis shoes like that or even tennis shoes. It’s hard for me to look at Jax and see him as some tough biker with those damn tennis shoes. If boots aren’t in the budget please let me know his shoe size and I’ll send him a pair.

• Kaycee says:

KURT….pssst KURT….are you listening? Please give that boy aka Jax a proper pair of biker boots. I so want to see Jax as the bad ass he is suppose to be but can’t see past those white tennis shoes!!!! (ok….I think I’ve gotten that out of my system and can move on)

• lolo says:

The decision for Jax to wear sneakers was based on a MC Charlie hung with while doing his research for his role. The vp of that MC who’s name was Ray Ray, wore sneakers. Kurt said MC’s THESE days wear sneakers, boots are old school.

9. when js season 6 does anyone know?

10. ricky d says:

Best show on tv!!! cant w8 to see what happens next, glad pope got whacked!!!! I hated that guy and im glad tig got to do it!!!!! going to be interesting seeing what happens with gemma jax clay and tara hough im pumped hurry up and start!!!!!!!

11. Brandt Savoy says:

Michael Raymond James as a new Son in season 6. You already have Donald Logue and Rockmomd Dunbar from Terriers might as well put Britt on the show

12. Donna says:

I Jax finds out wha Gemma did she’s all but dead in the water!!

13. Feezy says:

The lawyer couldn’t have set up Tara ! She brought the papers home for Jax to sign and he never did so there could be any papers for the lawyer to have used against Tara

14. Jason says:

You guys are all rediculous, it was Gemma. End of story.she is menipulative and crazy. Ever since season five started, I’ve hated her character. jax would never turn Tara in.he’s not a rat. Gemma helped kill john and she will die eventually. Clearly, you have no clue about sons of anarchy.

15. mary rajotte says:

When does the next season starting (DATE) ?

16. Jeff says:

For the record, Levine and Sutter are close friends and Sutter would like to get Levine on the show if the schedules manage to work together as Adam Levin’s schedule is ridiculous. Because it is acting and Levine can actually act…… it wouldn’t be a bad thing if he gets a chance to do the show. He was great on American Horror Story. But working a relative of Opie into the show would be classic…..

17. Jeff says:

Let’s not forget the Law in Charming After his wife was killed there is still a place for revenge against the club because Clay was a member and I can see him Helping Lee Toric in getting him anything he needs to exact his vengeance for his sister’s death!!!

18. munozgirl says:

My fiance and I heard about SOA last year mid season.. ITs soo good!! So what did we do? We downloaded all seasons from 1-4 caught up with the whole show and can not wait for season 6!!!

19. Dorinda says:

when does season 6 start on FX??? So my bf an I can stay up to be able to stay up all night to watch the shows. I cannot stand to miss a episode!!

20. marlena says:

my best friend got me addicted to sons of anarchy I watch it every day I love the twist and turns in the story but please don’t cancel it it brought me and my family closer together

21. Melissa says:

I think most likely Chibs will be promoted to VP and it’s likely Tig will be Sergeant of Arms again. Either him or Happy. Can’t wait for the shows return.

22. Mark says:

So if there is a new VP and a new Sgt at Arms..im guessing chibbs is the new VP and Happy will be the new SGT

23. Tammy bamford says:

Maybe just maybe jax did rat out Tara for not one but a few reasons, to keep his old lady close, to keep his boys in charming and finally to toughen her up and make her tough side come out and stay out!!!!!

24. jen says:

when does season 6 start

25. linz says:

my theory would have been bobby ratted tara out to teach jaks some sort of lessonabout whats important but hes not billed for any episodesfrom what i can find, and as for otto dying i don’t think kurt sutter gonna write himself out of son just yet.

26. doug smith says:

when is season 6 start

27. otto killed the nurse

28. NL says:

They completely dropped the problem with the Irish. In fact, Clay will probably be saved because the Irish need to protect their investment. Then it’s just a huge mess between Damon Pope’s crew and the IRA, which just so happens to pull the Sons in also. As for Tara, I hope she doesn’t have to spend a long time in jail, and I honestly have no clue who ratted her out. Everyone knows that Jax won’t get out of leading SAMCRO… It’s in his blood.

29. Mike says:

This show is not that good, critics agree. It’s also ridiculously violent and rather drawn out. Also, judging from the comments on here most fans are rather stupid.

• nek54 says:

You may not like the show but there is no reason to criticize the fans without looking at yourself.

• Kaycee says:

You want to know what stupid is….a person who doesn’t like the show and taking the time to leave a comment about the show not being good and that critics agree. Who listens to critics anyway? You say “judging from the comments on here most fans are rather stupid.” Stupid is someone who takes the time to actually read comments about a show they don’t like then commenting on them. Seems like it is you my dear who is the stupid one or else you’d be on a site reading comments about a show you do like.

30. cindy says:

I think Clay set Tara up in some type of plea deal

31. Nichole says:

If Tara unknowingly signed her own admission to her part in the prison nurses death when she signed the documents in front of the lawyer, remember that in the final scenes of the last episode, Jax tore those documents up. The lawyer never regained possession of them. Tara took them home to get Jax’s signature.

32. Julie says:

I’m in the uk, and we get SOA way letter than US, so when I read FB, I know what’s gonna happen before I’ve watched it, lol…. Adore the show, tv at its best xx

• Penny says:

Julie, I initially had the same problem with Facebook, but then found a UK Facebook page for SOA which is perfectly synched with the broadcast schedule. Hope this helps to not spoil the fun!!

33. Julia Williams says:

LOVE thos Show was addicted from day 1. Hated when Opie died. But can’t wait to see what’s going to happen. I see people from other tv shows and no one from SOA on any talk shows. Why? Jax is so fine!! Greenville, South carolina Can’t wait til its back on!…..

34. kam pope says:

Bobby told on Tara just off the way he left the table it went off lyk that to mke it seem lyk gema xt there just building suspense n clay not dien he’s to Good of a snake

35. James says:

Anyone no if this season has finished last Wednesdays one was when pope got killed and clay got arrested but this Wednesdays one that got showed was an old one confused and didn’t start at ten. ?

36. David Duszynski says:

I agree and think that China is gonna be VP. Totally disagree that Jax will want Tig as SAA. Simple fact Tig was in Clays pocket. Tig resigned. Plus, Jax could have killed Pope himself. He made sure to let Tig do it. I think so that if anything ever comes back from that which I’m sure it will, Tig is going to take the fall for it. Who is going to be SAA is anybody’s guess. After reading the comments I’m leaning towards Happy. No way will it be Juice. They know he’s a rat and Jax knows he killed a member to cover stealing the coke.

37. Your Mother says:

Reading these idiotic comments with misspellings, improperly used words, and incorrect information about the show Sons of Anarchy leads me to believe that the show’s demographic is six-year-old handicapped children.

38. delilah says:

U have to live it to love this show and i do and i love this show

39. Rod Dickey says:

I think Jax ratted her out to keep her in Charming. Knowing that it won’t stick with no evidence, but no one will hire her because of it. Just a twisted thought.

40. Lid says:

Not as good as it’s contemporaries (Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire) because of it’s predictability but I’m still eagerly anticipating season 6.

41. Alexandria says:

Jax turned in Tara for turning on him, too obvious! Talk about ungrateful…and if you read Hamlet you’ll know why…

42. Heather says:

There is no way Jax turned on Tara. His family is everything to him. Tara had no idea what Otto was going to do, and she was protecting Jax and the club.

Everyone who is commenting on this feed has one thing in common, our love for the show. It’s unfortunate how rude some of you are. How about saying something nice.? We all know she meant Opie.

• Jason says:

Stop

Sent from my Virgin Mobile Android-Powered Device

• Denise Reid says:

Were things all good with Jax and Romeo? I forgot all about that guy. It’s gonna be someone that smacks us all in the face when the show comes back. What about Unser, he loves Gemma and is her fix it guy.

43. case says:

tig will become sargent at arms chibbs will take the VP spot

44. andre cleroux says:

2 words…cant wait….
    tara shoud escape so it maes it difficult for jax to retire,emma could die for everything,nero could become a fugitive,clay will defend himself in prison get out and be jax and gemma`s worst ennemy so she dies at the hands of clay!!!!!bobby returnes on a surprised day,teager goes nuts and kills a lot of folks and chibbs goes back in scottland……but we still have about 6 other season to go if im correct :)

45. John says:

So…opie died!!!??

46. John says:

Wait, wait……opie had died!!!??!

47. Debbie says:

Does anyone know when season 6 starts in Australia ?

48. Robb Drake says:

Since Kurt Sutter has brought in most of his players from The Shield, why not bring in Michael Chiklis since his show just got the ax. He could play (a) Vic Mackey type working behind a desk who is working with Logue’s character. Or have him be the old timer from Stockton coming to the table.
    It would be kinda cool to see the Shield connection continue, especially since Walter Goggins’ hysterical cameo last season.

• Argo Nunya says:

I mentioned to Sutter that Vegas was going to be cancelled back a few months ago and that the Feds should now be desperate enough to turn to agent that’s been wasting away behind a desk for a few years but once upon a time had an unorthodox method of resolving desperate situations… and also was very familiar with the One-9ers gang from his LAPD days as a ‘Strike Team’ officer.

Why a Vic Mackey type of character… when you can have Vic Mackey?

49. SF says:

I am hoping Zobelle will return someday. He was a good villian, well played by Adam Arkin. If memory serves, he never died, he just left.