First Look: Vampire Diaries Goes to the Prom

The Vampire Diaries takes a night off from killing and fighting –or does it? — when Elena and her pals get dolled up for the prom in the April 18 episode, and we’ve got your first look at the seriously stunning outfits.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

The Salvatore Bros. attend the event in an effort to knock some sense into Elena, but the evening ends up spiraling out of control when the newbie vamp lashes out. It gets so bad even Matt is forced to ask Rebekah for help.

Here’s hoping there’s no blood spilled on those pretty gowns.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your pick for Best Dressed. UPDATE: Scroll down further to watch the spicy new promo!

Comments (36)

• Rebekah finally gets her school dance!! Even though, from the picture, she doesn’t seem to be enjoying it…

Comment by Claire – March 28, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It seems like she’s there with no one. How could Stefan not take her? LOVE them!

Comment by dude – March 28, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They must have very lax teachers at that school since none of the cast ever seems to actually go to class anymore but they get to go to prom and are graduating?

Comment by L – March 28, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • L – They never seem to have any homework either.

Comment by wrstlgirl – March 28, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another dance?? Another situation where the brothers have to “control” Elena. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. I think my decision to stick to just reading the recaps until the finale’ was the right call.

Comment by wrstlgirl – March 28, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, another dance. Its a thing TVD does and I love when they have dances. I hope we get to see some Damon dancing cause that is always fun :)

Comment by S – March 28, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • S – I’d rather see him kicking some butt ….. but that’s just me.

Comment by wrstlgirl – March 28, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, Elena’s dress is gorgeous. Love that colour. So I guess they’re keeping the pink streaks in Elena’s hair so we can still tell Katherine and Elena apart now that Elena is keeping the wavy bad girl hair?

Comment by j – March 28, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Caroline best dressed…as ALWAYS! Wish I had that girl’s style

Comment by Jenny – March 28, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah,that dress is perfect for her.

Comment by Shaun – March 28, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Caroline’s dress is the best, although I do like Elena’s dress too.

Comment by Cathy O. – March 30, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • all girls look stunning! My fav is Bonnie! Perfection! ;) can’t wait to see it! :D

Comment by Maki – March 28, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the color of Elena’s dress, but the detail of Caroline’s is making me pick it for best dressed.

Comment by Annie-Claude – March 28, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So what does Bonnie’s dress look like? Apparently the showrunner feels Bonnie is insignificant to all fans.

Comment by Lena – March 28, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow. That was rude and uncalled for, Bonnie has fans and I’m glad to count myself among them. Why are you so hostile? No one said anything against your favorite or anyone else. All I see are people raving about dresses and the TVD prom. I guess it really does take one bad apple to spoil everyone else’s good time.

Comment by Nunaya_Bidness – March 28, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was being sarcastic or did you miss the part where I asked what Bonnie’s dress looked like? I’m actually a Bonnie fan. The problem is I’m tired of how they treat the character on the show. That, of course, is a topic for another day.

Comment by Lena – March 28, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think they mean Bonnie is insignificant, but the show runner isn’t really utilizing her.

Comment by Nic – March 28, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thanks! That is exactly what I meant! :)

Comment by Lena – March 28, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • lol I’m fluent in sarcasm! :-)

Comment by Nic – March 28, 2013 05:07 PM PDT
        • Other than for disapproving facial expressions.

Comment by Faster – March 28, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bonnie Finally make it to prom, yay.

And she blows everyone out of the water.

Comment by H – March 29, 2013 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • creepy seeing Ian, a mid 30 year old taking a teen to a prom

Comment by tvguy – March 28, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Ian took Elena too the prom. I think she went by herself and Damon and Stefan came along to watch her. Ian is mid-30s in reality but only five years older than Stefan on the show.

Comment by Cathy O. – March 30, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not feeling Caroline’s dress. It looks like spiderman threw up on her.

Comment by Lena – March 28, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where do these kids find the money to pay for all of these fancy dresses? They don’t even have parents (or jobs). Another big dance, another $500 dress. Also, considering everything they’ve just been through, why bother going to prom?

Comment by Carrie – March 28, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • insuarance money
      the only one with poor parents is Matt
      Elenas parents were rich as are all the founding families

Comment by Bo – March 28, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing Carrie. They go to school about once a year, never see anyone actually in class (besides a few episodes in season 1), no one does any homework but they sure have time to make all of the high school dances. And the dresses look like designer pieces. Oh and let’s not forget Elena burned all of her clothing so what did she do, get money from Damon and Stefan for a new wardrobe? I agree, why bother with the prom with all that has happened especially since Elena supposedly is going to ruin the prom for everyone.

Comment by Cathy O. – March 30, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY, they graduate.
    Im thinking season 5 is gonna be like them taking time off for college and stuff. I don/t really see them doing college story lines. But if the originals spinoff gets ordered, then they may cause with the originals gone they have less story lines.

Comment by anil – March 28, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy beautiful dress, Elena. But you know what happens when there’s a dance in Mystic Falls… something goes awry and it always ends in death.

Comment by Babybop – March 28, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt and Bonnie look good together please date.

Really disliked him/Rebecca, thank god she is leaving

Comment by Zathe – March 29, 2013 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im pretty sure the unthinkable is gonna be elana sets fire to the school or hurts caroline badly

Comment by jessica – March 29, 2013 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is definitely suppose to do something terrible. I just wonder what it is, hopefully she won’t go around killing more people.

Comment by Cathy O. – March 30, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah,i wish she does’nt hur caroline.How can she? Caroline had suffered so much and bore all the pain silently- like smiling around bravely while tears falling on her heart.And then even no comfort from the best friend….just more pain?

Comment by Sanivia – April 7, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah,i wish she does’nt hurt caroline.How can she? Caroline had suffered so much and bore all the pain silently- like smiling around bravely while tears falling on her heart.And then even no comfort from her best friend….just more pain?

Comment by Sanivia – April 7, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Elena’s dress, and the bros look,awesome…but it feels weird talking about their outfits, it’s a school dance it’s going to be a bloodbath. Elena’s gonna go nuts, i’m a little scared for matt, car and bonnie; they need their best friend right now not someone trying to kill them.
    There’s a lot of talk in spoilers of asking originals for help, i wonder if they will help in any way…

Comment by Debbie – April 8, 2013 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eeep,i cant wait.I hate this Elena.She’s so annoying.I mean even more annoying than the old Elena.I love Damon.I hope he doesnt die!!!

Comment by Cat – April 14, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post