First Look: Vampire Diaries Goes to the Prom

The Vampire Diaries takes a night off from killing and fighting –or does it? — when Elena and her pals get dolled up for the prom in the April 18 episode, and we’ve got your first look at the seriously stunning outfits.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

The Salvatore Bros. attend the event in an effort to knock some sense into Elena, but the evening ends up spiraling out of control when the newbie vamp lashes out. It gets so bad even Matt is forced to ask Rebekah for help.

Here’s hoping there’s no blood spilled on those pretty gowns.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your pick for Best Dressed. UPDATE: Scroll down further to watch the spicy new promo!

1. Claire says:

Rebekah finally gets her school dance!! Even though, from the picture, she doesn’t seem to be enjoying it…

2. L says:

They must have very lax teachers at that school since none of the cast ever seems to actually go to class anymore but they get to go to prom and are graduating?

3. wrstlgirl says:

Another dance?? Another situation where the brothers have to “control” Elena. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. I think my decision to stick to just reading the recaps until the finale’ was the right call.

4. j says:

Wow, Elena’s dress is gorgeous. Love that colour. So I guess they’re keeping the pink streaks in Elena’s hair so we can still tell Katherine and Elena apart now that Elena is keeping the wavy bad girl hair?

5. Jenny says:

Caroline best dressed…as ALWAYS! Wish I had that girl’s style

6. Maki says:

all girls look stunning! My fav is Bonnie! Perfection! ;) can’t wait to see it! :D

7. Annie-Claude says:

Love the color of Elena’s dress, but the detail of Caroline’s is making me pick it for best dressed.

8. Lena says:

So what does Bonnie’s dress look like? Apparently the showrunner feels Bonnie is insignificant to all fans.

• Nunaya_Bidness says:

Wow. That was rude and uncalled for, Bonnie has fans and I’m glad to count myself among them. Why are you so hostile? No one said anything against your favorite or anyone else. All I see are people raving about dresses and the TVD prom. I guess it really does take one bad apple to spoil everyone else’s good time.

9. tvguy says:

creepy seeing Ian, a mid 30 year old taking a teen to a prom

• Cathy O. says:

I don’t think Ian took Elena too the prom. I think she went by herself and Damon and Stefan came along to watch her. Ian is mid-30s in reality but only five years older than Stefan on the show.

10. Lena says:

Not feeling Caroline’s dress. It looks like spiderman threw up on her.

11. Carrie says:

Where do these kids find the money to pay for all of these fancy dresses? They don’t even have parents (or jobs). Another big dance, another $500 dress. Also, considering everything they’ve just been through, why bother going to prom?

• Bo says:

insuarance money
      the only one with poor parents is Matt
      Elenas parents were rich as are all the founding families

• Cathy O. says:

I was thinking the same thing Carrie. They go to school about once a year, never see anyone actually in class (besides a few episodes in season 1), no one does any homework but they sure have time to make all of the high school dances. And the dresses look like designer pieces. Oh and let’s not forget Elena burned all of her clothing so what did she do, get money from Damon and Stefan for a new wardrobe? I agree, why bother with the prom with all that has happened especially since Elena supposedly is going to ruin the prom for everyone.

12. anil says:

FINALLY, they graduate.
    Im thinking season 5 is gonna be like them taking time off for college and stuff. I don/t really see them doing college story lines. But if the originals spinoff gets ordered, then they may cause with the originals gone they have less story lines.

13. Babybop says:

Holy beautiful dress, Elena. But you know what happens when there’s a dance in Mystic Falls… something goes awry and it always ends in death.

14. Zathe says:

Matt and Bonnie look good together please date.

Really disliked him/Rebecca, thank god she is leaving

15. jessica says:

Im pretty sure the unthinkable is gonna be elana sets fire to the school or hurts caroline badly

• Cathy O. says:

She is definitely suppose to do something terrible. I just wonder what it is, hopefully she won’t go around killing more people.

16. Sanivia says:

Yeah,i wish she does’nt hur caroline.How can she? Caroline had suffered so much and bore all the pain silently- like smiling around bravely while tears falling on her heart.And then even no comfort from the best friend….just more pain?

17. Sanivia says:

Yeah,i wish she does’nt hurt caroline.How can she? Caroline had suffered so much and bore all the pain silently- like smiling around bravely while tears falling on her heart.And then even no comfort from her best friend….just more pain?

18. Debbie says:

Love Elena’s dress, and the bros look,awesome…but it feels weird talking about their outfits, it’s a school dance it’s going to be a bloodbath. Elena’s gonna go nuts, i’m a little scared for matt, car and bonnie; they need their best friend right now not someone trying to kill them.
    There’s a lot of talk in spoilers of asking originals for help, i wonder if they will help in any way…

19. Cat says:

Eeep,i cant wait.I hate this Elena.She’s so annoying.I mean even more annoying than the old Elena.I love Damon.I hope he doesnt die!!!