Exclusive First Look: The Following's Jacob Gets Downright Nasty With a 'Disobedient' Claire

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Fun fact about The Following: Joe Carroll does not disapprove of his evil acolytes doing bodily harm to his “wife” Claire. He’d just rather they not mess up that pretty face of hers.

Case in point: This exclusive first look at Monday’s episode of the freshman thriller (Fox, 9/8c), which finds a now dark and dangerous Jacob keeping tabs on Natalie Zea‘s disobedient alter ego. Unable to stomach her reticence, the newly minted killer (played by Nico Tortorella) puts her in place the only way he knows how. (Oh how far our young psycho has come since his innocent days setting victims free at the farmhouse!)

RELATED | The Following‘s Nico Tortorella Previews a New (and Improved?) Jacob: ‘He’s Out for Revenge’

Press PLAY below to watch the aggressive interaction unfold, then hit the comments with your thoughts on these two questions: Are you digging this cold-hearted Jacob as much as we are? And, be honest, doesn’t this scene make you think of Belle refusing her host’s dinner “request” in Beauty and the Beast? (Seriously.)

Loading video...

Comments (16)

• Caaan’t wait!

Comment by Cassie – March 28, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it wrong that I am loving Jacob right now???

Comment by Bec – March 28, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. Is it wrong that I’m hoping he kills Emma and kills her like now!?

Comment by Jennifer – March 28, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HELL NO! emma has created a monster after leaving him behind @ the farmhouse and since he killed paul he now has a taste for killing……..nico tortorella (jacob) is freakin HOT! and i don’t care how many times i say it ………he just is lol.

Comment by Ashley – March 28, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe beauty and the beast if joe wasn’t a serial killer, and this jacob is much more exciting

Comment by Iva L – March 28, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know I’m probably in the minority, but I actually liked the idea of Jacob having this morality that doesn’t line up with the rest of the killers. Oh well.

Comment by Damien Roberts (@dam744) – March 28, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still think he is different from them, just not without the lingering sense of morality. It seems like he’s really just gone off the rails because of what happened with Emma and Paul, whereas these other killers are pretty ready to kill anyone just because they like killing.

Comment by Faster – March 28, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Now he’s probably going to become a loose cannon and get himself killed… or choke-humped by a drunk Roderick.

Comment by Brendan – March 28, 2013 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked too. I’m not sure I like this “new Jacob”. But I understand where this is coming from…with Emma and Paul, etc. But seeing him cry with his mom…I thought that would change things between Joe/the cult and him. Like…he’d realize what he was getting into and maybe be a mole in the cult or something. I mean, Emma is the reason Paul is dead. So I thought maybe that would make him hate everything involving Joe, Emma and the cult. That would be such a great plot.

Comment by Aline – April 1, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Hmm….thanks for that information Jacob. I believe an accidental stumble into the door frame and a little finger pointing at you is in order.” – Claire

Comment by Alichat – March 28, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s the video? All I see is a big blank space.

Comment by Sailor Psychic (@SailorPsy) – March 28, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. Is a new plugin needed? If so which one?

Comment by Julio – March 29, 2013 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And not a hair out of place, huh, Jacob?

Comment by Nick Russo (@npr1000) – March 29, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jacob won’t kill innocents. he’ll just kill other killers. i miss paul!!

Comment by baglesvswaffles – April 1, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I almost cannot watch this because of how stupid Claire is.

Comment by Betty Ann – April 2, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can’t believe they killed Jacob off!! i loved his character!! won’t be watching another season without him!!

Comment by shannon doven – April 22, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post