New Girl Season 2 Finale: Taylor Swift RSVPs to Cece and Shivrang's Wedding

Get More: Casting News

THE 47TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDSWill Cece and Shivrang be seeing Red on their wedding day?

Perhaps, now that Taylor Swift has booked a guest-starring role on the Season 2 finale of New Girl. The pop-country superstar will be playing Elaine, an “important guest” at the climactic nuptials according to EW.com.

Swift may be best known for catchy anthems like “We Are Never Getting Back Together,” “Love Story” and “Mean,” but she’s not a complete neophyte in the acting department, having hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live in 2009 and provided the voice of Audrey in the animated feature The Lorax.

Here’s hoping her story arc somehow ends with Schmidt serenading Cece with a rendition of “You Belong With Me.”

Excited about this piece of casting news? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

Comments (42)

• She was also in Valentines Day :) I’m excited! I love TSwift!!

Comment by Elyse – March 28, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And guest-starred on CSI!! I love Taylor! Go do your thing!!!

Comment by Rob – March 28, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • that’s right I forgot about CSI!!!

Comment by Elyse – March 28, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, and she was really funny in that movie :) ! This will be fun to see

Comment by sarah – March 28, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can’t wait! I think it’ll be awesome :)

Comment by Elyse – March 28, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ew. We all know what that finale’s gonna be like now.

Comment by John – March 28, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right?! I have no desire to watch it now. Cannot stand Taylor Swift. Go away girl.

Comment by Rebecca – March 28, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You mean Taylor runs off with Cece’s fiance?
      Then they break up and Taylor writes a bhangra album?
      Yeah, my thoughts too!

Comment by rockgolf – March 28, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooooo!!!!!

Comment by lariet50 – March 28, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really liking this show precisely because it wasn’t about pop culture – the gang are really all social misfits who don’t easily fit into normal society. And then they go and do this…

Comment by taliesin – March 28, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, you do know Taylor won’t be playing as herself right?

Comment by iMember – March 28, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, but she, and Justin Bieber, are the epitome of pop culture – as they are seen everywhere doing everything. That is very-much the direct opposite of what New Girl is about – the show’s not about fitting into the pop culture norm, as none of the characters do.

Comment by taliesin – March 28, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do any of you remember Jess listening to Taylor Swift when she was upset about her recent break-up?

Comment by Philipp – March 28, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I do remember it now that you mention it!!!

Comment by Elyse – March 28, 2013 02:29 PM PDT
          • Schmidt also texts Cece about going through a “Taylor Swift-like range of emotions.”

Comment by MJ – March 29, 2013 06:21 AM PDT
  • Have they seen her try and act?

Comment by Amanda – March 28, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not cool New Girl not cool at all.

Comment by KND – March 28, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get off your hipster high horse! I think it’s going to be fantastic!

Comment by Annie – March 28, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha :D +1

Comment by maja – March 28, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • +2 :)

Comment by Elyse – March 28, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • +3

Comment by Philipp – March 28, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • -4

Comment by Tony – March 28, 2013 03:31 PM PDT
  • I feel like doing a pantomime Boooo at this news, she is literally everywhere and for the life of me I dont understand why, couldn’t they have found like a more age appropriate singer for the group who is just as famous and can probably act better?

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – March 28, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She has been referenced three times this season alone. I assure you, as someone who is the age of the cast, they are very age appropriate. I am not a huge TSwift fan, but I think the show will be able to use her well.

Comment by KSM – March 28, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s going to come in singing Speak Now for Shivrang? That would be awesome.

Comment by tkangaroo – March 28, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that would be awesome!!!!

Comment by Elyse – March 28, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Taylor Swift can act, ignore valentines day, watch csi and saturday night live.

Comment by Adam – March 28, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t mind her, but I still don’t think this is a good idea.

Comment by alia – March 28, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I despise Taylor Swift…why did they have to book her for a guest spot. I will still watch the show, because it’s my favorite show at the moment, but I will be fast forwarding her on the DVR replay.

Comment by Angel – March 28, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Insert one of Winston’s masterful eye rolls over this news.

Comment by Teeny – March 28, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It could be worse, Anne Hathaway could have been cast.

Comment by Bitsy – March 28, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just excited to see any New Girl episode at anytime.

Comment by J – March 28, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I can’t stand her. Add me too the fast forward group.

Comment by Nicole – March 29, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It could be like everyone like Schmidt and Jess are calling Elaine aka TSwift that she looks alike Taylor Swift and can sing like her :D ..actually I like her and her songs even though they might be about past-boyfriends but she is young and can do whatever she wants to. Just because she is famous, doesn’t mean she’s not allowed to date (so much) like others. I’m very disappointed in me because I easily get manipulated by others (they don’t like her to be in the season finale – so I start to feel the same way even though I don’t want that) :/

Comment by Sadie – March 31, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ehhhh.

Comment by Ella – March 31, 2013 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since she’s already been referenced as herself in the show it’s weird to have her come in and play a character. I’m pissed.

Comment by Roxanne – April 21, 2013 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post