New Girl Season 2 Finale: Taylor Swift RSVPs to Cece and Shivrang's Wedding

THE 47TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDSWill Cece and Shivrang be seeing Red on their wedding day?

Perhaps, now that Taylor Swift has booked a guest-starring role on the Season 2 finale of New Girl. The pop-country superstar will be playing Elaine, an “important guest” at the climactic nuptials according to EW.com.

Swift may be best known for catchy anthems like “We Are Never Getting Back Together,” “Love Story” and “Mean,” but she’s not a complete neophyte in the acting department, having hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live in 2009 and provided the voice of Audrey in the animated feature The Lorax.

Here’s hoping her story arc somehow ends with Schmidt serenading Cece with a rendition of “You Belong With Me.”

Excited about this piece of casting news? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Elyse says:

She was also in Valentines Day :) I’m excited! I love TSwift!!

2. John says:

Ew. We all know what that finale’s gonna be like now.

3. lariet50 says:

Nooooooooo!!!!!

4. taliesin says:

I was really liking this show precisely because it wasn’t about pop culture – the gang are really all social misfits who don’t easily fit into normal society. And then they go and do this…

• iMember says:

Um, you do know Taylor won’t be playing as herself right?

• taliesin says:

Yes, but she, and Justin Bieber, are the epitome of pop culture – as they are seen everywhere doing everything. That is very-much the direct opposite of what New Girl is about – the show’s not about fitting into the pop culture norm, as none of the characters do.

5. Amanda says:

Have they seen her try and act?

6. KND says:

Not cool New Girl not cool at all.

7. Annie says:

Get off your hipster high horse! I think it’s going to be fantastic!

8. I feel like doing a pantomime Boooo at this news, she is literally everywhere and for the life of me I dont understand why, couldn’t they have found like a more age appropriate singer for the group who is just as famous and can probably act better?

• KSM says:

She has been referenced three times this season alone. I assure you, as someone who is the age of the cast, they are very age appropriate. I am not a huge TSwift fan, but I think the show will be able to use her well.

9. tkangaroo says:

She’s going to come in singing Speak Now for Shivrang? That would be awesome.

10. Adam says:

Taylor Swift can act, ignore valentines day, watch csi and saturday night live.

11. alia says:

I don’t mind her, but I still don’t think this is a good idea.

12. Angel says:

I despise Taylor Swift…why did they have to book her for a guest spot. I will still watch the show, because it’s my favorite show at the moment, but I will be fast forwarding her on the DVR replay.

13. Teeny says:

Insert one of Winston’s masterful eye rolls over this news.

14. Bitsy says:

It could be worse, Anne Hathaway could have been cast.

15. J says:

I’m just excited to see any New Girl episode at anytime.

16. Nicole says:

Ugh. I can’t stand her. Add me too the fast forward group.

17. Sadie says:

It could be like everyone like Schmidt and Jess are calling Elaine aka TSwift that she looks alike Taylor Swift and can sing like her :D ..actually I like her and her songs even though they might be about past-boyfriends but she is young and can do whatever she wants to. Just because she is famous, doesn’t mean she’s not allowed to date (so much) like others. I’m very disappointed in me because I easily get manipulated by others (they don’t like her to be in the season finale – so I start to feel the same way even though I don’t want that) :/

18. Roxanne says:

Since she’s already been referenced as herself in the show it’s weird to have her come in and play a character. I’m pissed.