What to Watch Wednesday: Psych Gets a Clue, the Whitney and Neighbors Finales and More

Psych - Season 7On TV this Wednesday: It’s Psych‘s 100th… in the study… with the wrench!  Also, The Neighbors host both Starfleet and the Rebel Alliance in the season finale, it’s last call for Whitney and Law & Order: SVU takes a Walking Dead star on a legitimately thorny journey.As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | Arrow Meeting Roy Harper ‘Is Going to Drive the Fans Crazy,’ Says Colton Haynes

PREVIEW | Arrow Video: Watch Oliver Leap Across the City – and Lose His Temper With Felicity!

8 pm Whitney (NBC) | One-hour season finale: Alex is surprised to discover he loves Lily’s company, and Whitney finds it disconcerting that her shrink (returning guest star Chelsea Handler) is eating a birthday cake by herself in the park. (Not yet renewed; find out its current status.)

8 pm The Middle (ABC) | Saturday Night Live alum Molly Shannon returns as Frankie’s perfectionist sister, Janet, who volunteers to run the Heck household while Frankie studies for her dental-assisting school finals. It… doesn’t go well.

8:30 pm The Neighbors (ABC) | Season finale: While the Weavers and the Bird-Kersees gallivant in Atlantic City, Dick Butkus gets an ominous call from his grandpa: Is it time for the neighborhood to relocate to Zabvron? Sci-fi legends George Takei (Star Trek) and Mark Hamill (Star Wars) guest-star. (Not yet renewed.)

RELATED | TVLine’s May Sweeps Scorecard 2013: Deaths, Weddings, Births and More!

9 pm Law & Order: SVU (NBC) | Lauren Cohan (The Walking Dead) guest-stars as a sports reporter accusing her cameraman (Homeland snoop David Marciano) of raping and impregnating her, teeing up a “ripped from the headlines” story about “legitimate rape.”

9 pm Supernatural (The CW) | When Krissy Chambers (guest star Madison McLaughlin) resurfaces, Sam and Dean learn that she has been taken in by a man who’s turning orphans into vampire hunters.

9 pm Modern Family (ABC) | Pam – the lesbian mom (played by Rules of Engagement‘s Wendi McLendon-Covey) with whom Cam got into a kerfuffle earlier this season – is back to settle a landscaping impasse at the house Claire and Cam are flipping. Fred Willard also returns as Phil’s pop.

9:30 pm Suburgatory (ABC) | After some serious pressure from the Chatswin moms, George invites a post-divorce Noah (and Opus) to move in with him.

PREVIEW | Nashville Sneak Peeks: Deacon Plays Doctor With a New Gal — But Is She Just a Distraction?

RELATED | Psych Exclusive: Cast Reveals Their Favorite Moments From First 100 Episodes

10 pm Psych (USA Network) | In the series’ Clue-inspired 100th episode, Shawn and Gus attend a secret party at a historical Santa Barbara mansion. The host? Billy Lipps, an aging rocker the SBPD arrested years ago for a murder he doesn’t remember committing. Guest stars include Clue movie stars Martin Mull, Christopher Lloyd and Lesley Ann Warren, plus SNL alum Garrett Morris. Best part? By voting on the show’s site and via Twitter, you can help decide how the episode ends. Watch the new Spoiler Alert! below to see what Dulé Hill says about the milestone outing.

10 pm Chicago Fire (NBC) | Severide’s decision to put Mills on the fast track to Squad doesn’t sit well with some of the others, and Heather-related tension between Kelly and Casey continues to build.

10 pm The Real World: Portland (MTV) | Season 28 premiere: Seven strangers, picked to live in a house… you know the rest.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (46)

• Modern Family Psych (congrats on 100)

Comment by dude – March 27, 2013 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • whitney may be the worst show ever on television. if it gets piked up for another season – whitney cummings has something on somebody at nbc and its BIG!

Comment by David Becker – March 27, 2013 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, its not that bad. I’m a pretty critical tv watcher and I really like it. I think the relationship between Alex+Whitney is refreshing and a heck of a lot more realistic than a lot of relationships on tv. The show has heart and its funny, if not the classiest thing ever aired. But its nowhere near the worst thing ever on tv.

Comment by mia – March 27, 2013 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder how long it’s been since you watched it. I would have agreed with you after the first season, but the second season has improved greatly! The relationship between Whitney and Alex is much more like a real relationship this year.

I’m surprised that I voted “Keep” for both Whitney and The Neighbors, because I couldn’t stand either of them when they first started, but they improved as they went along. Now that I “get” that The Neighbors is winking at the audience with its absurd premise, I’m enjoying it a lot more.

Comment by TV Gord – March 27, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Get over yourself David. Just cause it is not your cup of tea doesn’t make it the worst show ever on television you self-righteous prick. Or have you already forgotten the disaster that was “Work It”?

Comment by Eli – March 27, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cmon its just your typical sitcom, bland but whatever that what people want I guess.

Comment by Mike – March 27, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ^100 percent agree how it got season 2 i still dont understand

Comment by dude – March 27, 2013 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you haven’t even watched the second season, to be able make a comment about it getting another season?

Comment by Sean – March 27, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is definitely the last Whitney. With 3 of the leads leaving to do pilots, it’s pretty obvious.

It’s a shame though, because it was a really good show. :(

Comment by Kaycee – March 27, 2013 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not really just means show is on the fence but doesn’t mean it cancelled, you see this all the time with shows on the fence.

Comment by Mike – March 27, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think you are leaving out the best guest star for psych, curt smith from tears for fear. shawn would not be impressed.

Comment by Alan – March 27, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed Whitney despite all the undeserved bad press, and will be sorry to see it go. Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday are the best TV nights! Will be watching Survivor, Supernatural and Nashville and recording The Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family and The Americans.

Comment by Mel – March 27, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Survivor, Mod Fam & Nashville’s finally back!

Comment by Becks – March 27, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Whitney gets renewed, I’ve really enjoyed it.

Comment by mia – March 27, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What – no love for The Americans – one of the best shows on TV – good to see another side of Felicity….

Comment by b miller – March 27, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is no new episode of THE AMERICANS this week; returns April 3. –Mgmt.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 27, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • is this good? matthew rhys was my FAVE on brothers and sisters and would love to support him!

Comment by EL – March 27, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is a tremendous show.High quality work.

Comment by Shaun – March 27, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ah-Mazing Show! :D

Comment by Rivera – March 27, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suburgatory and Psych! More people should be watching suburgatory it’s such a good show. Last week when George was singing “Bump and Grind” on that guitar I was dying!

Comment by Sunny – March 27, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Neighbors is actually really good – thanks to the line delivery of Jackie Joyner-Kersey and Larry Bird – they are very funny!

Comment by Kimmie – March 27, 2013 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. And the other actors are genius in restraint, letting them set the tone for the show. There is a lot of courage and heart to the show. If this show is still in danger of cancellation that could only mean sci-fi fans haven’t checked it out. This show is fun to watch, folks!

Comment by prish – March 27, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My Neighbors post, down below, is in response to yours, Kimmie. You’re right, it’s fun to watch.

Comment by prish – March 27, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Southland. I’ll watch Chicago Fire On Demand. Whitney & The Neighbors are going to get canceled soon (fingers crossed).

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – March 27, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited for tonight’s Psych. I know he was already on way back in season 1, but I really wish they had found a way to get Tim Curry in this episode too.

Comment by Erin – March 27, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow!

Comment by Jared – March 27, 2013 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guys I’m as obsessed with Carmen as Noah and the Royces are. I refer to her all the time even though zero of my friends watch Suburgatory. Now that Noah’s going to be right across the street from her, things are going to get good.

Comment by B – March 27, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my favorite guest star on Psych is Cary Elwes

Comment by dude – March 27, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville

Comment by Brandy – March 27, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bomb Girls

Comment by TexMike – March 27, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Season 2 of Bomb Girls makes its U.S. debut tonight on Reelz with back-to-back episodes. Great show.

Comment by Roni – March 27, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle
    Modern Family
    Suburgatory
    Whitney
    SVU

Comment by Leondre – March 27, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When did Wednesday night became the best night on television?
    Psych, CSI, Southland, Nashville… thank goodness for time shifting and the DVR function on my DirecTV…

Comment by Jack D. Wahl, Jr. – March 27, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle
    Psych – So glad they did a Clue episode. I love the movie

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – March 27, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the middle, supernatural,suburgatory

Comment by ollie – March 27, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Idol
    Modern Family
    Nashville

Comment by sdexta – March 27, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neighbors is addictive. I can’t stop watching it. The show has heart, and even though the lines should be corny, they are touching and funny. I guess I am seeing genius at work.

Comment by prish – March 27, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whitney, Suburgatory, and the wonderful and amazing Psych!

Comment by bobbie – March 27, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psych. Excited for the 100th episode!

Comment by Eliza – March 27, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Modern Family, Arrow, Supernatural, and PSYCH ! ! !

Comment by Andy – March 27, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Modern Family bringing back the lesbian couple, one of my favorite episodes of the show. They had great comic chemistry with Mitch & Cam.

What I’ll be watching:
    American Idol
    The Middle
    Neighbors
    Modern Family
    Nashville
    Whitney
    Chicago Fire
    Survivor
    Supernatural

All thanks to the wonders of modern technology.

Comment by Eli – March 27, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow and SPN for me.

Comment by alia – March 27, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle, Neighbors, Supernatural, and Psych. I’ll DVR Southland.

Comment by Bella – March 27, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AI live
    DVR L&O
    Nashville Live
    DVR – CF
    On Demand later CSI
    DVR – Boston’s Finest

Whew I need a life. :-)

Comment by forwarddad – March 27, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited for Psych! And Arrow and Supernatural, of course.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch (@mkroggasch) – March 27, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have rehearsal for a play I’m in, so I can’t actually watch things live tonight. I’ll be catching SVU on Hulu tomorrow, though. Although I still need to watch the Chris Brown/Rihanna episode from a few weeks back…

Comment by Zoe – March 27, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post